Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I guess they're gonna make Drax look more like in the comic books in the new movie then

15 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Also are these reuse figs from the benatar set?

Promobricks article says they are except Starlord legs are solid Dark Red instead of dual molded

Looks like HP Calendar is getting 5 1/2 (6?) exclusive figures. I wish I collected HP theme when I see its content :laugh:

Edited by upliftingbricks

Kind of underwhelming again, like last year's Marvel calendar. The HP one will have 8 minifigures and 6 of those exclusive!!!

22 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I guess they're gonna make Drax look more like in the comic books in the new movie then

No. He looks the same way he did in previous movies in the Holiday Special.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Last year's Marvel calendar was great IMO. Neat figures (including the Tony Stark ugly sweater) plus you get a great selection of parts including the Infinity Gauntlet and all 6 Infinity stones and the trans-light-blue energy effects pack.

Will reserve judgment on the 2022 Marvel calendar until I see pictures.

7 hours ago, Thwip said:

Has the Spider-Man Bridge Battle polybag been released in the US yet?

Yes, i picked up a few a couple of months ago

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Yes, i picked up a few a couple of months ago

Any shot it was a big chain or was it just a small toy/hobby/Lego shop?

Also does anyone know if Star Lord will havr his helmet?

i just want one thing fixed in the sanctum.

The roof color! Sand green or i will flip a table! (Hulk rage!) 

woke up early because today is the day everyone!!!!

LEGO CON!!!!!!!!!

Well no surprise Guardians Advent calendar sounds great, repeats of Benatar figures is expected, although it sad that Lego was cheap enough to not give Star-Lord dual molded legs here. 
Also why would Lego change Drax skin color? He looks very much grey in the movies, and I always thought his minifigs were accurate. Not sure how can they change his skin color to be more accurate…

I wish more minifigures had Christmas accessories.

Two Christmas sweaters sounds rather poor, especially while looking at the Harry Potter AC, which has six exclusive minifigures.

57 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

I really wanted a Groot wrapped in Xmas Tree lights minifig

Exactly, that would've been a fantastic minifigure.

Just use pieces like scarfs or Santa hats for other minifigures. It's so lame they didn't do that.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

Actually pretty good! I'm not sure how to feel about it yet but I sort of dig it!

Yeah, I'm happy with that build. Looking forward to it. 

The previously unseen figures don't inspire me that much though, bar maybe Mordo. I need a closer look at him. 

1 minute ago, Hoth Rebel said:

It looks kind of basic imo. Will still buy it regardless, but I expected something more exciting. 

Right? :)

Need a closer look but I like the exterior. From brief look we saw inside I dont mind the size which I thought I might have issues with. I still might mod it to be baseplate and half tho

The side bit is a bit annoying when against other modulars tho

Brickset article out on it - https://brickset.com/article/78767

Edited by upliftingbricks

FINALLY, A GREAT SCARLET WITCH MINIFIGURE! They fixed the hair with printing, and the face doesn't have two smiling expressions. Love it :wub_drool:

Why did they use this hair for Sinister Strange. He looks goofy :jollyroger:

What a shame that most of the screen time it had was on a really poor quality hand held mini cam. For no benefit to the show either, just a gimmick, that was largely ignored.

Looks great though. Glad they've given it the impression of four floors, even though it's only three.

Kinda feels like a large regular set, (which it is) and not a D2C level. I like it, but maybe when I see it in person, im now on the fence.

I think it looks really quite good from the outside, considering the piece-count. The way they cover up the fact that the building isn’t four stories is really clever, and I think it’ll look great next to other modulars. I also think the interactive features are really quite fantastic.

That said, even as a fanatical Doctor Strange collector, I’m not sure if I’m going to purchase it. I don’t own any other modular buildings, and the chosen look without the outer-left side of the building looks a little weird individually. The figure selection and quality is a bit disappointing, especially that they seemingly did not come up with an arm/cape construction for Dead Strange, and I’m also a little disappointed that they didn’t manage to get the window-piece embedded at an angle (which I struggled with too when designing a MOC). My main issue though is just that its interior is too small. More pictures might change my mind, but I just don’t think the inside is very appealing.

That said though, once again, very solid display piece.