Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

10 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I will continue to bet against the Avengers Tower. I know patterns aren't always reliable, but I don't believe we have ever had a theme with two minifig scale sets more than 250$, especially two that have relatively similar uses, even while being quite different. And an Avengers Tower that isn't modular would be a massive misstep for lego, while a modular one would compete with the Sanctum--I know I probably wouldn't be able to get both. I don't really know, it just seems like it won't happen.

I don't necessarily think you're wrong, but a lot of fans (not specific to lego) use pattern recognition to try to predict retail releases, and it's counter-intuitive... One of the fundamentals of advertising is doing *new* things, so a large mini-figure scale set, in one of Lego's most popular themes is without precedent, and is probably more likely because of that, rather than less likely.

7 hours ago, Brickin-it said:

I was wondering the same thing - if memory serves me correctly last years Star Wars Legocon exclusive had photo's online by now.  Surely there's gotta be a sneak peak before saturday.... 

We just got high-quality images of Commander Cody cropped straight from the AT-TE that's likely being revealed at legocon. We're still 3 days out...there's a good chance the sanctum leaks before legocon.

I just got the iron man armoury, on the box at the top is two images of the same character. A female with darker skin and uses the Nakia hair from The Royal Talon fighter set. I haven't seen here on a box before.

Possible image of a new black panther 2 fig like they showed wolverine on a set a few months before the mechs came out? I tried checking her torso with my other figs and I can't seem to match her. thought it might be Mikkari or Nakia or MJ but the torso is tricky to match.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/busterbrick/2861287530247049474/

48 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

A female with darker skin and uses the Nakia hair from The Royal Talon fighter set. I haven't seen here on a box before.

The face looks similar to the smiling Shuri face from the Dragon Flyer set - only if you removed the tribal detailing. I think it's Shuri with a new torso print and using Nakia's hair, which would make sense as she's expected to pick-up the legacy.

It'd most likely be how she'd appear in the Black Panther 2 sets. I'd also lean to it being Shuri more than any other character as they tend to focus on the most important characters on the box and Shuri is expected to take up the mantle.

I hope its new hair but looking at the image, the Nakia hair was the first thing to come to mind. That has to be a new torso so im guessing its Shuri too. Since she is central to the story (if rumours are to believed)

When I saw those long limbs from Avatar I thought of Front Giants! that blue is the right color too! good Idea for MOC

10 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

I just got the iron man armoury, on the box at the top is two images of the same character. A female with darker skin and uses the Nakia hair from The Royal Talon fighter set. I haven't seen here on a box before.

Possible image of a new black panther 2 fig like they showed wolverine on a set a few months before the mechs came out? I tried checking her torso with my other figs and I can't seem to match her. thought it might be Mikkari or Nakia or MJ but the torso is tricky to match.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/busterbrick/2861287530247049474/

That definitely looks like it could be Shuri, yeah! Great find! Looking forward to seeing those sets later this year. 

4 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

Thanks for the credit guys @Falconfan1414 @NoOneOfImportance on insta.

if she is a big part of the story she might appear in more than one set. This outfit and her black panther suit.

If she's even getting a Black Oanther suit in the first place. Even if she does, I don't know if I'd expect it in the sets.

In one of Brick Clicker's latest videos he said the minifigures in the Advent Calendar are Starlord, Groot, Nebula, Thanos, Rocket and Mantis.

Dont know anything about the Holiday special or any other rumours on the Advent but Im going to put my guess out there that the Exclusives will be an Xmas Tree Groot and a Santa Starlord :laugh:

Its likely Thanos, Rocket and Mantis would be same figures as in sets on shelves currently.

Nebula is weird one as shes not in a set currently. Maybe shes in a set coming out later this year or shes an Xmas Exclusive figure (Either a 3rd or Groot/Starlord will be one in a set currently).

7 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

In one of Brick Clicker's latest videos he said the minifigures in the Advent Calendar are Starlord, Groot, Nebula, Thanos, Rocket and Mantis.

If all this is true, Drax; one of the original 5 Guardians, has not appeared in a set since 2017, and has less figures than Mantis. Which is downright ridiculous to me

Hope this also doesn't discount Cosmo from appearing

Just a thought too, though the figures are all most likely based on the Holiday Special, I wonder if we'll see various mini builds from the Guardian's movies. I would love to see how they would do Knowhere, or maybe even Ego in tiny planet form.

Other builds I could see are the Milano (or Benatar, either one is practically guaranteed), a Nova Corp ship, the Dark Aster, a cell from the Collector's museum, the Abilisk, a Sovereign drone and the Orb inside the Temple of Morag. And if Thanos is included then his throne would be great too

I'm not too sure why Drax has been missing for so long, admittedly though he did not really need a figure update, It would have just been a recycling of his GotG2 figure. The only time he has a different look is at the funeral scene in Endgame but that's possible to replicate and it's so brief that many would not notice. GotG3 is next year in May, either way.

20 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

If all this is true, Drax; one of the original 5 Guardians, has not appeared in a set since 2017, and has less figures than Mantis. Which is downright ridiculous to me

Hope this also doesn't discount Cosmo from appearing 

Adventure Calendars are mostly recycled figures with perhaps a new Christmas themed torso print. Cosmo would likely require a new piece or a new mould, the closest we can get so far is Scooby + Krypto. As such I doubt Cosmo will appear, however if he's featured prominantly in GotG3 then we could see him in those sets. I'd hope Guardians 3 gets more sets than the second film did...

2 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Dont know anything about the Holiday special or any other rumours on the Advent but Im going to put my guess out there that the Exclusives will be an Xmas Tree Groot and a Santa Starlord :laugh:

Hoping they go the Harry Potter route and don’t give us overly Christmas themed Minifigures. 

5 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Hoping they go the Harry Potter route and don’t give us overly Christmas themed Minifigures. 

The Calendar is based on the Holiday Special tho, so in this case it actually does make sense.

I’m glad the Sanctum hasn’t been leaked yet! Otherwise they wouldn’t have much left to reveal at LEGO-Con, besides the Mario blindbags that is (or unannounced surprises) :laugh:

…and I’ve just jinxed it, haven’t I :tongue:

Has the Spider-Man Bridge Battle polybag been released in the US yet?

This is gonna sound weird, but did anyone briefly see a couple super low quality images of the sanctum last night? I was working a bit late and checked the usual place just past midnight (west coast of the United States time) and there were a couple accounts posting the same image with a few super crappy shots of the sanctum, but this morning they're gone and nobody is talking about them.

1 hour ago, Thwip said:

Has the Spider-Man Bridge Battle polybag been released in the US yet?

Not as far as I can tell, but it's only $5 sealed on bricklink (cheaper than the figure alone, for some reason). I might buy a copy or two.

16 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

This is gonna sound weird, but did anyone briefly see a couple super low quality images of the sanctum last night? I was working a bit late and checked the usual place just past midnight (west coast of the United States time) and there were a couple accounts posting the same image with a few super crappy shots of the sanctum, but this morning they're gone and nobody is talking about them.

I guess it's possible? There was an image of the back of the instructions of the august SW sets awhile back that was super-low quality but had our first fuzzy look at a couple sets that haven't had other images leaked yet, as well as seemed to show some sort of tan building as a previously unleaked set. That got taken down after a day or two. It's certainly possible lego just caught this one early.

Advent Calendar figures are Star Lord, Rocket, Groot, Mantis (all seemingly repeats), Drax with a Baby Groot sweater and Nebula with a Thanos sweater

Promobricks have the contents of the Advent Calendar listed, potential for some fun micros and some decent minifigures. 

I wonder if they update the head for Nebula to give her the orange plating. 

Edited by AndrewCole14

Very glad to hear that rumoured list was fake.

I love that selection, means we're getting all the Guardians (except for Gamora of course). Finally a Drax minifigure.

Awesome Mixes are gonna be great.

does lego even have a color that will fit him? I thought he was grey. Also are these reuse figs from the benatar set?