Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's intriguing to me that they skipped this theme's 10th anniversary. 

It's mind-boggling that Harry Potter got a huge 20th anniversary celebration, even though it had sets for like 30% of its run, while Super Heroes, consecutively having sets each year, didn't get one.

Well, five sets left then. Three for September, two unknown.

I mean, an anniversary wave would be pretty much go back to revisit older movies, which is already what the Infinity Saga label is for.

Like biggest difference is just we didnt get golden minifigures

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

76220 is allegedly a DC set, and it surely isn't the only one :shrug_oh_well: Doesn't look like there will be many other Infinity Saga sets then

At least we have three Marvel sets in 2023 that we can hope will be NWH Legacy sets... :cry_sad: We have a max of five unknown sets, the mystery Hulkbuster MKII and the D2C. I just hope something delivers.

Spoiler

AUGUST:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Homecoming Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo
  • 76223: Nano Gauntlet ($60€, 675 pcs) 

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

2023:

• 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
  • 76220 & 76221 are DC sets and have been removed.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:01 PM, bricksandabear said:

It's not going to be a team of female 'good guys,' or they wouldn't use the name Thunderbolts, which is specifically from 'Thunderbolt' Ross. It doesn't need to be a direct translation, of course, but again, if it wasn't the Thunderbolts, they wouldn't call it that. My guess is that it will focus on morally gray characters like US Agent, and the stinger between him and Valentina all but guarantees he'll be in it.

The actor who plays Thunderbolt Ross is dead and had several rather damning allegations against him that make it incredibly unlikely they'd find a way to bring that character back. The name is used probably because that was the original intent, but him being dead will impact how they get the name and the stories they can tell. As with all Marvel adaptations, this is not going to be a 1-to-1 adaptation.

The most likely members of the Thunderbolts, all of which have been members in the past:

• Zemo
  • Yelena
  • Ghost
  • Goliath
  • Taskmaster
  • Hawkeye (Clint or Kate)

Each of these characters have done villainous actions that are severe enough to label them as villains, but also either not their fault or sympathetic enough that we can look past that in terms of making these characters the audience will root for.

Valentina seems to be used to set-up Dark Avengers of sorts, perhaps to adapt Siege. The only one she has 'recruited' so far is US Agent. I doubt Valentina's team is related to Thunderbolts.

44 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I mean, an anniversary wave would be pretty much go back to revisit older movies, which is already what the Infinity Saga label is for.

The proposed content for this year would have been fine, it's just the execution that suffers. A majority is overpriced, lacking in details or simply not what people would be hyped for. The Hulkbuster MKII for example barely had a role, did almost nothing and after the last one I think I'm one of the few giving it a chance. I think a better release schedule would have helped, but at the moment the only thing that is likely to celebrate the 10th anniversary as a whole is the D2C which many speculate to be Stark/Avengers Tower or an Icons collection.

On 6/10/2022 at 1:01 PM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not sure what else there is left to reveal :sceptic: Too early for the D2C set I assume, the Hulkbuster is MIA, and the remaining sets might as well be delayed DC ones :tongue: I mean, there has to be a reason we don‘t even know their names yet!

I'd hope they reveal something else, it just feels a bit lacklustre for the 10th anniversary so far.

43 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

At least we have three Marvel sets in 2023 that we can hope will be NWH Legacy sets... :cry_sad: We have a max of five unknown sets, the mystery Hulkbuster MKII and the D2C. I just hope something delivers.

Reveal hidden contents

AUGUST:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Homecoming Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo
  • 76223: Nano Gauntlet ($60€, 675 pcs) 

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

2023:

• 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
  • 76220 & 76221 are DC sets and have been removed.

The actor who plays Thunderbolt Ross is dead and had several rather damning allegations against him that make it incredibly unlikely they'd find a way to bring that character back. The name is used probably because that was the original intent, but him being dead will impact how they get the name and the stories they can tell. As with all Marvel adaptations, this is not going to be a 1-to-1 adaptation.

The most likely members of the Thunderbolts, all of which have been members in the past:

• Zemo
  • Yelena
  • Ghost
  • Goliath
  • Taskmaster
  • Hawkeye (Clint or Kate)

Each of these characters have done villainous actions that are severe enough to label them as villains, but also either not their fault or sympathetic enough that we can look past that in terms of making these characters the audience will root for.

I'd heard that the actor's allegations ended up being disproven a couple months before he died, but either way, he did unfortunately pass away, and the precedence his character won't return unless there's a scene or two he filmed for something else that they adapt.

Here are my guesses:

The morally gray characters that will join but eventually turn fully to good and side against Valentia: Yelena, USAgent, and/or Kate Bishop (Not as morally gray, but inexperienced enough to be manipulated into thinking the Thunderbolts are just the new Avengers)

The characters that will remain loyal to valentina for one reason or another: Taskmaster, Abomination, ghost. Really any previous villain that didn't die fits here.

The "rick flag", a firmly heroic character included to try and keep the others in check: Bucky (He still seems pretty guilty over being the Winter Soldier and could easily be manipulated into joining), Clint Barton (Suppose valentina threatens to recruit Kate if he doesn't join).

Our lists are overall pretty similar, though I'm 99.9% sure we won't see goliath, because he seemed a bit too old, and was definately firmly out of the action in Ant-Man and the Wasp, with no indication he'd return. I also think Abomination is probably joining, seeing as he was in Shang-Chi and will be in She Hulk, seemingly at least partially reformed.

However it shakes out, USAgent is all but confirmed, so I just hope we get a figure of him.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 6/10/2022 at 5:01 PM, bricksandabear said:

It's not going to be a team of female 'good guys,' or they wouldn't use the name Thunderbolts, which is specifically from 'Thunderbolt' Ross. It doesn't need to be a direct translation, of course, but again, if it wasn't the Thunderbolts, they wouldn't call it that. My guess is that it will focus on morally gray characters like US Agent, and the stinger between him and Valentina all but guarantees he'll be in it.

Not saying that the MCU won't or can't use it as a namesake for Thaddeus Ross but just to clarify, the original Thunderbolts was founded by Zemo to pretend to be heroes, debuting in a 1996 comic and the Ross version with him as Red-Hulk started in 2012.

The original team is the one with iconic members like Citizen V (Zemo), Songbird, Moonstone and Mach while the Ross version was the team that had Elektra, Agent Venom and Deadpool.

well if the sanctum takes the benatars "spot" and the iron man armoury taking either the iron monger or endgame final battle spot, that leaves 3 sets left for the Infinity saga wave of this year (if we get one AND if Lego follows the number of sets they released last year.)

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cerv8KHImLU/

I made a rough ground floor of the sanctum based on the specs off the promo bricks article.

including alleyway with yellow dumpster and boxes.

Edited by BusterNut31

I would say the $500 set will be where all the budget went for the superhero theme this year. I’m kinda for it and I think it will lead to a whole lot of exclusive figures. I wouldn’t have much infinity saga hope for the 3 September sets…

As for the thunderbolts I see deadlines roster as the most likely final roster for the team. Hawkeye they will save for the next avengers movie and Kate they will save for a young avengers project most likely 

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I would say the $500 set will be where all the budget went for the superhero theme this year. I’m kinda for it and I think it will lead to a whole lot of exclusive figures. I wouldn’t have much infinity saga hope for the 3 September sets… 

Can you answer any of the following?

• Should we have hope the 3 September sets are Marvel and not DC?
  • When do you expect more information to appear on $500 set? Is LegoCon too soon? If the 3 September sets are Marvel will it release with those? Is it a random D2C drop on its own?
  • By exclusive do you primarily mean new characters or new variants of characters released before?

If its a Modular/NWH Statue of Liberty/Cool Location etc set with a lot of exclusive figures I kind of prefer the single purchase than a lots of cheaper sets with with builds I dont really care about it.

If its Icon/Giant Vehicle build etc that I dont care about then Im going to hate all these exclusive figures in one set.

12 hours ago, Xavhyr said:

Not saying that the MCU won't or can't use it as a namesake for Thaddeus Ross but just to clarify, the original Thunderbolts was founded by Zemo to pretend to be heroes, debuting in a 1996 comic and the Ross version with him as Red-Hulk started in 2012.

The original team is the one with iconic members like Citizen V (Zemo), Songbird, Moonstone and Mach while the Ross version was the team that had Elektra, Agent Venom and Deadpool.

I was there when the first issue was released waaay back in 1996. Thank you for clarifying this fact for everyone...

That being said, the MCU has a great track record of paying homage to the original source material while updating it for the current state of the world and the way characters might fit into the world nowadays...

I personally cant wait for possible Lego versions of pretty much any Marvel comics/ movies!

3 hours ago, upliftingbricks said:

Can you answer any of the following?

• Should we have hope the 3 September sets are Marvel and not DC?
  • When do you expect more information to appear on $500 set? Is LegoCon too soon? If the 3 September sets are Marvel will it release with those? Is it a random D2C drop on its own?

Considering the 'love' DC has had over the last few years, it's easier to expect all the sets are Marvel until stated otherwise

And if the Sanctum reveal is to happen at Lego con, info on the big set doesn't look likely at the same time. Also seems unlikely that a $500 Marvel D2C would release the month after the Sanctum

When do we think info will come out regarding the three September sets? We know the Advent Calendar is Guardians themed, and we have info on all the August sets (even if not completely). I'm curious what theme (Marvel or DC, Infinity Saga or Disney+) they will be.

I really hope that all three September sets being 30€ is just a coincidence... It's definitely weird, but I hope they're something interesting. 

32 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope that all three September sets being 30€ is just a coincidence... It's definitely weird, but I hope they're something interesting. 

Moon Knight, Ms marvel and She Hulk sets....:wink:

Edited by squiz18

35 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

4 minutes ago, squiz18 said:

Moon Knight, Ms marvel and She Hulk sets....:wink:

All four Disney+ shows at the time were represented last September in the CMF series. With the Guardians Advent Calendar releasing the same month, my fingers are crossed for Disney+ sets. But if true, could it be one set for each show, or three What If...? sets?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Don’t get your hopes up

33 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Don’t get your hopes up

Spiderman vs green goblin mech, green goblin vs spiderman mech, miles morales vs Norman Osborne mech....

Edited by squiz18

2 minutes ago, hvader said:

I thought the $500 set is the Marvel icons set? Or was that rumor fake?

that was a April fools joke 

If they are the same price it might be something that is the same sets with different characters.

like the two mechs fighting each other. Maybe those combo sets with iron-man, black panther and wolverine.

@Falconfan1414 any other cryptic info that would direct us into a certain direction of an idea of what to expect?

also i was thinking and saw those guardians vol. 2 infinity war sets from MOC creator Buzz Brickyear that the new Obi-Wan hair piece is perfect for Ego! It matches the hair they made for him in the Lego Super Heroes 2 game!

Edited by BusterNut31

21 hours ago, squiz18 said:

Spiderman vs green goblin mech, green goblin vs spiderman mech, miles morales vs Norman Osborne mech....

No, no, no. Clearly it'll be:

Spider-man vs Venom Mech ($29.99): Spider-man mech (Dark azure instead of blue or dark blue), and venom mech (just the spider man mech in black and white). Uses the current Venom and 2021 comics spidey

Black Panther vs AIM Agent Mech ($29.99): Black Panther mech (Very similar to 2022 version, but with more purple), AIM Agent mech. Uses the current BP and AIM minifigures.

Iron man vs thanos mech ($29.99): Iron man mech (red and yellow), Thanos mech (gray and gold): Comes with Iron man (avengers 2020 version) and Thanos (minfigure from the sanctuary)

On 6/12/2022 at 10:39 AM, Quicksilver838 said:

Considering the 'love' DC has had over the last few years, it's easier to expect all the sets are Marvel until stated otherwise

And if the Sanctum reveal is to happen at Lego con, info on the big set doesn't look likely at the same time. Also seems unlikely that a $500 Marvel D2C would release the month after the Sanctum

Is this set supposed to be part of the Infinity Saga theme?

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, no, no. Clearly it'll be:

Spider-man vs Venom Mech ($29.99): Spider-man mech (Dark azure instead of blue or dark blue), and venom mech (just the spider man mech in black and white). Uses the current Venom and 2021 comics spidey

Black Panther vs AIM Agent Mech ($29.99): Black Panther mech (Very similar to 2022 version, but with more purple), AIM Agent mech. Uses the current BP and AIM minifigures.

Iron man vs thanos mech ($29.99): Iron man mech (red and yellow), Thanos mech (gray and gold): Comes with Iron man (avengers 2020 version) and Thanos (minfigure from the sanctuary)

Day 1 purchases! 

On 6/12/2022 at 2:40 PM, Dadster said:

I was there when the first issue was released waaay back in 1996. Thank you for clarifying this fact for everyone...

That being said, the MCU has a great track record of paying homage to the original source material while updating it for the current state of the world and the way characters might fit into the world nowadays...

I personally cant wait for possible Lego versions of pretty much any Marvel comics/ movies!

No worries :wink:

And me too, I'm always keen for new characters to appear in Lego and assuming there will be sets for the Thunderbolts film, we should be getting some cool minifigures!

11 hours ago, Darkslayer said:

Is this set supposed to be part of the Infinity Saga theme?

Promobricks said that the one side of the Sanctum box has infinity saga as the logo so its partly yes. Dunno about the 500 dollar set.