Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think they’re even the only entirely unknown 2022 sets for any theme :laugh: For almost everything else we have vague rumours (UCS Razor Crest, GOTG AC), detailed descriptions (Sanctum, Avatar, Atari, Star Wars), or leaked pictures now (Minecraft).

Those sets are the only remaining mystery this year

True.

1 hour ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Regular sets are usually 20% off on the release date on almost any retailer here in the EU. If you can wait a few months then you can even get a better deal. For D2C sets (non-car builds as those seem to be always on discount) it's always hoping to get some discount after some time. 

Is it only the UK where sets are always at full price no matter what? :pir-murder:

3 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

Regular sets are usually 20% off on the release date on almost any retailer here in the EU. If you can wait a few months then you can even get a better deal. For D2C sets (non-car builds as those seem to be always on discount) it's always hoping to get some discount after some time. 

That's a good point I hadn't thought of. The US typically gets some discounts after a while as well, though a lot of times (at least around where I live) they won't discount the larger ones. Most Marvel sets go on sale after a couple of months (if that), but I don't know whether a set that large would end up getting discounted. 

4 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

Is it only the UK where sets are always at full price no matter what? :pir-murder:

Doesn't seem too bad here in my experience. Often 20-30% off on amazon, argos, smyths and John lewis. I recently bought the domo for 50% off and the goat boat has 20% off on very. 

I wonder how much the latest hall of armour will be discounted. I'd like it but can't justify the cost.  If I can find it for £50... 

6 hours ago, Hoth Rebel said:

See, that’s how it used to be in the US too. I remember that a good amount of the shopping I planned on doing at the Lego Store on Triple Force Friday, I ended up doing for much cheaper at Walmart. That following January 2020 wave was the first one where I noticed that other retailers weren’t automatically discounting sets like they used to and while sales still occur, they’ve been a lot harder to find since the pandemic.

I think it’s kinda interesting that after all the leaks and hype surrounding the Marvel sets from last summer/fall, it’s been relatively quiet this year. The Sanctum is the only 2HY set we know really anything about, besides that phantom Hulkbuster.

I’m sure the answer to this question can be found earlier in the thread but I looked back a dozen or so pages and couldn’t find it, and thought it’d just be easier to ask (I hope that’s alright); what happened to that rumored comic book Ant Man and Wasp mechs set?

Edited by SuperSquidman

30 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

I’m sure the answer to this question can be found earlier in the thread but I looked back a dozen or so pages and couldn’t find, and thought it’d just be easier to ask (I hope that’s alright); what happened to that rumored comic book Ant Man and Wasp mechs set?

The rumour was wrong. It turned out to be a Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin mech pack.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The rumour was wrong. It turned out to be a Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin mech pack.

That’s disappointing; I would’ve loved comic book Ant Man and Wasp figures.

17 minutes ago, SuperSquidman said:

That’s disappointing; I would’ve loved comic book Ant Man and Wasp figures.

But hey, don't you want umpteenth Spider-Man and Green Goblin? :tongue:

I suspect a lot of the decisions about which characters appear in sets is driven by Marvel and not LEGO.

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

But hey, don't you want umpteenth Spider-Man and Green Goblin? :tongue:

:facepalm: :wall:

I wish the theme had the attitude it did back in 2012/2013 (though that lack of attitude seems to be present in other Marvel merchandise and media as well, so it’s probably a brand issue and not a LEGO one specifically.)

I miss how fresh and exciting those first two years of the theme were; in just those first two years we had fantastic comic book versions of Wolverine, Magneto, Deadpool, Spider-Man, Iron Fist, Doctor Doom, Venom, and many other great figures (they weren’t the comic versions, but they were good, new and exciting regardless.)

I don’t mind the new Green Goblin and Spider-Man figures, but there’s much more exciting characters they could be doing instead. It’s also disheartening that, at least currently/presently, they’ve seemingly underrepresented the Marvel theme’s ten year anniversary.

Edited by SuperSquidman

I don't understand what's going on.  Last year was great, thanks to Infinity Saga, I was hoping that this year we would see an evolution of the theme.  Instead, we have 4 buildable items, a blister and a set (which is a remake).  And no celebration of 10 years of SuperHeroes.  And we are in the middle of the year.  I hope that the announced big sets can turn the situation around, but I have many doubts 🫤

I just think it’s kinda funny that Lego celebrated 20 years of Harry Potter last year when they weren’t even making sets for a good amount of those years, whereas Lego Superheroes have been consistently putting stuff out for the last decade and it doesn’t seem like we’re getting much, if anything, for the tenth anniversary.

There is a 500 usd set, that could be a 10th anniversary set.

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

I don't understand what's going on.  Last year was great, thanks to Infinity Saga, I was hoping that this year we would see an evolution of the theme.  Instead, we have 4 buildable items, a blister and a set (which is a remake).  And no celebration of 10 years of SuperHeroes.  And we are in the middle of the year.  I hope that the announced big sets can turn the situation around, but I have many doubts

It definitely feels a lot less hype than last years Infinity Saga wave, the combination of delays, price increases and unclear direction of the theme coupled with controversial choices seems to be the main factors. The Hulkbuster is what I am hyped for the most and we don't even know if it's releasing this year and the D2C could easily just wind up being an icons collection which would make it highly likely I and others would pass on it.

• 76210 500€ D2C Marvel UNKNOWN RELEASE
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C) UNKNOWN RELEASE
  • 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs) AUGUST
  • 76222: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de) UNKNOWN RELEASE
  • 76224: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de) UNKNOWN RELEASE
  • 76225 ($25/30€, 238 pcs) SEPTEMBER
  • 76226 ($25/30€, 258 pcs) SEPTEMBER
  • 76230: ($25/30€, 297 pcs) SEPTEMBER

I'd hope we should get more clarification on what is happening at Lego Con, but part of me expects them just to reveal the Sanctum and just that...

Open question for anyone who’s more of a comics fan than me.

I’m working on a display rack for Spider-Man suits in the customised Avengers base I’m building in my city. I’ve managed to collect every Spider-Man suit variant released since the Ultimate Spider-Man sets started in 2013, except for the comic-con PS4 suit minifigure, but only have room for twelve suits on the rack. 

I’m certain I want to keep both Iron Spiders, the home-made suit, the black/green one (forget the name), the Homecoming suit, FFH Stealth Suit, and all three of the variants released across the NWH wave. All of those look unique compared to each other and great.
But then there’s the Ultimate Spider-Man suit (2013-2016), the silver-eyed 2019-20 suit that I’m told is the ‘Spider-Armour Mk.4’, the one with arm printing they’ve used last year and this year, the 4+ version, the CMF version . . five suits that are identical save for minor details and differences, and I only have room for three of them at most. Not to mention, I’m sure there will be more in future. (Garfield or Maguire suits would be wonderful.) Does anyone have any suggestions, which of those variants is most significant, etc? Out of all of them, I like the Spider-Armour Mk.4 most. The silver eyes really do it for me.

3 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

Does anyone have any suggestions, which of those variants is most significant, etc? Out of all of them, I like the Spider-Armour Mk.4 most. The silver eyes really do it for me.

As you say, they're all pretty similar. In terms of significance though, the one from last year is pretty much Spider-Man's standard comic costume (and now, I guess, the closest to Holland's costume). 

The MK4 is from Spider-Man: Worldwide when Peter was doing a bit of a Tony Stark routine (own company, globetrotting adventures, Spider-Man is his pretend bodyguard) and is basically just a reinforced version of the standard suit with some hidden upgrades. The main feature is that the suit has a bit of a metallic sheen and logo glows, which obviously doesn't happen on the minifigure, making it more or less just another stylised take on his standard costume. I agree that it's a pretty good looking figure. 

The 4+ one... As in the one that just came out from 'Spidey' or the Far From Home one? Either way I guess they're designs that are relegated to non-comic media, so it depends how much emphasis you put on those. 

The CMF one is obviously pretty popular, a more vibrant take on Holland's costume. But in reality it's obviously based on that one episode of What If? and the Disney park - making it, perhaps, the least significant? Especially since you've already included the Homecoming suit in your collection. 

I don't really have anything to say about Ultimate. I like that it's printed on a blue torso but other than that it's just more of the same really. 

TL;DR: 

The current 2021- Spider-Man minifigure is probably the most comic accurate and significant.  

MK4 is cool too and straddles the line between the classic and what it's actually meant to represent. 

I was looking forward to this set, as I own only the original interior-based Sanctum from 2016 and I skipped that one from 2018. But now I'm a little bit disappointed with this set, or more specifically with the minifigures. I hope that the build will be great with many nice details and techniques, but I think that this set will not be my "1st day must buy", as I planned before.

2 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

I was looking forward to this set, as I own only the original interior-based Sanctum from 2016 and I skipped that one from 2018. But now I'm a little bit disappointed with this set, or more specifically with the minifigures. I hope that the build will be great with many nice details and techniques, but I think that this set will not be my "1st day must buy", as I planned before.

The way u wrote this made me think the set leaked somewhere! Lol

If they put Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus in a set, shut up and take my money please. (yes I know a couple of these have been done before but they are so expensive so new ones would be nice).

58 minutes ago, jonwil said:

If they put Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus in a set, shut up and take my money please. (yes I know a couple of these have been done before but they are so expensive so new ones would be nice).

Least demanding Eurobricks user

5 hours ago, Mr. Cube said:

I feel the same way, at the moment. The build would have to be amazing for me to still buy the set.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

:grin:

Regards,
Mitch

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

2 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

:roflmao:

2 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

:grin:

"You're laughing. This man doesn't have Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, the Marvel Legend Living Laser and Galactus, and you're laughing."

31 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

"You're laughing. This man doesn't have Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, the Marvel Legend Living Laser and Galactus, and you're laughing."

We live in a society where we don't have a single set with Professor X, Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Storm, Odin, Thing, Mr Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Silver Surfer, Living Laser or Galactus.