Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

4 minutes ago, Maple said:

The messenger bags is one of the most creative things I have seen LEGO do in recent years. Very well done.

Wdym?

Just built Rise of the Domo and the Benatar, two of the best Marvel builds we’ve ever gotten. Fantastic sets, the Domo looks really good next to Arishem

1 hour ago, Maple said:

The messenger bags is one of the most creative things I have seen LEGO do in recent years. Very well done.

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Wdym?

I'd like to know what you mean, as well :classic: 
I looked at the pictures and couldn't find any messenger bag on them, if that's what you meant.

Regards,
Mitch

2 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

I'd like to know what you mean, as well :classic: 
I looked at the pictures and couldn't find any messenger bag on them, if that's what you meant.

Regards,
Mitch

Check out right above the stones, there's a pearl gold recolor of the messenger bag piece sort of wedged there

Edited by Portal Out

Allegedly the price of the Sanctum has gone from $220 to $250 usd, (along with many other sets). 

Just as Lego intended, it isn’t dissuading me from buying it, but it is disappointing.

6 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

Check out right above the stones, there's a pearl gold recolor of the messenger bag piece sort of wedged there

Oooohhh, there it is!
Man, that is brilliant indeed :oh3:

Thanks for the assist :thumbup: 

Regards,
Mitch

13 minutes ago, TMNTerrapin said:

Allegedly the price of the Sanctum has gone from $220 to $250 usd, (along with many other sets). 

Just as Lego intended, it isn’t dissuading me from buying it, but it is disappointing.

250€ for 2700 pieces is still a good deal.

But yeah, a 30€ increase does suck.

The Nano Gauntlet looks pretty nice. I don't usually pick up statue builds and don't plan on getting that one either, but it came out pretty good in my opinion, better than Thanos's Gauntlet. 

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Definitely weird. Even if we ignore the Sanctum, there‘s still the $500 D2C set left and I imagine they‘d try to spread them as far apart as possible :shrug_oh_well: Or maybe the big one gets released a lot later than we thought

At this point it feels like the $500 set has to be coming out a bit later than everyone thought, assuming it hasn't been straight-up cancelled. Releasing 3 $200+ Marvel sets so close together does not make a lot of sense, even if they do all end up being fairly different. And while the timing of a leak does not always correlate with when the set comes out, it would make sense that we've only gotten a tiny bit of information about it thus far if the set itself is still a ways off from releasing. 

Full list of Marvel price increases in September

• 76218 Sanctum Sanctorum €219.99 to €249.99 14%
  • 76193 Guardians Ship €149.99 to €159.99 7%
  • 76191 Infinity Glove €79.99 to €89.99 13%
  • 76187 Venom €59.99 to €69.99 17%
  • 76208 The goat boat €49.99 to €59.99 20%
  • 76206 Iron Man figure €39.99 to €44.99 13%
  • 76213 [Wakanda Forever] €29.99 to €34.99 17%

Guardians Ship, Infinity Glove, Venom, The Goat Boat and Iron Man figure are all available currently and have generally seen sales on places like Amazon. If you are interested in those sets, would advise aiming to get them before then. If Sanctum releases for its original price in August then would advise you get it then, obviously :p The Wakanda Forever set is seemingly not out until October, so you'll be stuck getting it for the higher price regardless.

Oh, and goes to be said that none of these sets are worth the inflated price, many were barely worth the price they were initially charging for. I wonder how massive an impact this will have on the D2C and Hulkbuster MKII pricing... yikes.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

250€ for 2700 pieces is still a good deal.

Depends what the pieces are - and it's probably a bunch of 1x1 circle stud pieces in grey.

7 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Where is this coming from? I haven't found the source of the list.

Edited by Brickroll

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

IW Wong from the Sanctum has also leaked.

Stonewars.de
https://www.stonewars.de/news/lego-preiserhoehung-september-2022/

Yeah, I just found the list. What I am sort of curious about is though is how much of a sure thing this is. I'm not positive that it is a guarantee in all countries, but that may just be because I used google translate, and that's never too accurate.

8 hours ago, Maple said:

And not just that, the bags are held in place using the roller skate pieces, which I find very creatively impressive!

1 hour ago, Xavhyr said:

And not just that, the bags are held in place using the roller skate pieces, which I find very creatively impressive!

Oh yeah, because that's what I was staring at earlier today, like 'how is this possible' and the skates piece is so simple. Brilliant. I will never buy the set, but wow LEGO designers, you deserve a raise.

Edited by Maple

I know I've said I'm mainly getting the Sanctum for the build and the figures are a bonus, but I've gotta say - quite disappointed (but not surprised) that Lego have settled on that face for Wong. I don't really think it captures the character well at all. 

10 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Yeah, I just found the list. What I am sort of curious about is though is how much of a sure thing this is. I'm not positive that it is a guarantee in all countries, but that may just be because I used google translate, and that's never too accurate.

It's confirmed for Germany. They explain it in the article. Their source are German retailers who got informed by Lego about new prices.

That also means that (at least for Germany) exclusive Sets might be added to the list, because the retailers the list comes from don't sell all exclusive sets. So they don't have info on those Sets.

I guess I'll have to get the Sanctorum on day 1 to save 30€ then!

3 hours ago, Kallego said:

It's confirmed for Germany. They explain it in the article. Their source are German retailers who got informed by Lego about new prices.

That also means that (at least for Germany) exclusive Sets might be added to the list, because the retailers the list comes from don't sell all exclusive sets. So they don't have info on those Sets.

It is also 'confirmed' for the Netherlands. Some retailers have received an E-Mail with the higher prices per 01-09-2022. 

58 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I guess I'll have to get the Sanctorum on day 1 to save 30€ then!

As far as I have understood it, the set will never be on the market for 220€. I guess it will release at 250 in August... Maybe I'm wrong.

14 minutes ago, Kallego said:

As far as I have understood it, the set will never be on the market for 220€. I guess it will release at 250 in August... Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm having a Walter White crawling in the basement moment rn

16 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Guardians Ship, Infinity Glove, Venom, The Goat Boat and Iron Man figure are all available currently and have generally seen sales on places like Amazon. If you are interested in those sets, would advise aiming to get them before then. If Sanctum releases for its original price in August then would advise you get it then, obviously :p The Wakanda Forever set is seemingly not out until October, so you'll be stuck getting it for the higher price regardless.

Oh, and goes to be said that none of these sets are worth the inflated price, many were barely worth the price they were initially charging for. I wonder how massive an impact this will have on the D2C and Hulkbuster MKII pricing... yikes.

Depends what the pieces are - and it's probably a bunch of 1x1 circle stud pieces in grey.

Good thing I bought most of these sets before the increase 

11 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Another bad Wong minifigure. Why can't LEGO ever get him right?

I don't understand the hate honestly. It looks a lot more like Benedict Wong than this one that everyone is asking for does, and the 'fu manchu' has been pretty widely acknowledged as offensive for a long time now... I've always been kind of surprised this one even showed up in 2018.

I don't know what people imagine for asian characters beyond skin tone- I think lego is doing a good job here without crossing the line (with Wong specifically, the Shang Chi line was a complete miss).

Screenshot 2022-06-02 115800.png

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I don't understand the hate honestly. It looks a lot more like Benedict Wong than this one that everyone is asking for does, and the 'fu manchu' has been pretty widely acknowledged as offensive for a long time now... I've always been kind of surprised this one even showed up in 2018.

I don't know what people imagine for asian characters beyond skin tone- I think lego is doing a good job here without crossing the line (with Wong specifically, the Shang Chi line was a complete miss).

Screenshot 2022-06-02 115800.png

I 100% agree. The new face looks a lot more like Wong than this one. When did he have a fu manchu stache?

19 hours ago, SEmrys said:

I know I've said I'm mainly getting the Sanctum for the build and the figures are a bonus, but I've gotta say - quite disappointed (but not surprised) that Lego have settled on that face for Wong. I don't really think it captures the character well at all. 

Why is he always so happy in the minifigures too? The reason Wong is so great is he's got that grumpy cat type of personality. I can't remember a single time he's smiled, aside from maybe when someone makes fun of Strange.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I'm having a Walter White crawling in the basement moment rn

"Jesse...Jesse listen to me. We need to cook"

"But Mistah White, you already have enough for your family to be financially secure."
"Not anymore, Jesse. The Sanctum Sanctorum Lego set's gone up in price. We need to cook."