Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

58 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Definitely not a fan. Way too big.

I agree. After seeing pics of it up close, I think i prefer the original helmet.

It looked different on the first pictures, but I guess I just need to get used to it

5 hours ago, Legocentrico said:

Promobricks on Instagram: the new helmets are defective? 😨

They updated their story to confirm thats not the case

I refuse to believe that there is a single soul who likes this helmet design more than either of the last 2 designs. If the complaint was size and bulk why are these bigger and bulkier?

Edited by Legocity2713

1 minute ago, Legocity2713 said:

I refuse to believe that there is a single soul who likes this helmet design more than either of the last 2 designs.

I do :tongue: I vastly prefer the proportions of the new one, especially around the eyes

14 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I do :tongue: I vastly prefer the proportions of the new one, especially around the eyes

Ah fair enough :grin: I will say that I do like that they switched the connection where the helmet and the face-plate meet. Thats always been the part that gets loose the fastest (RIP to my original 2012 Mk 6 whose connection got so loose in 2014 that the face-plate completely fell off). Plus the molded lines on the side of the helmet itself look great and provide some nice detail still.

3 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

They updated their story to confirm thats not the case

yeah, I read 👍👍 Anyway this new model is amazing !!!  I can't wait to see it live

I think I prefer the new helmet to the original, but they're both too big in my opinion. 

Tbh, the option I'd be happiest with would just be the new print on the SE helmet. I'd be perfectly happy without the faceplate function if it meant a better scale and print. 

Tj_lego on insta has the set in hand and has pics on his story. That Whiplash :wub: and that prototype Iron Man shield blueprint sticker :wub_drool:

34 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Tj_lego on insta has the set in hand and has pics on his story. That Whiplash :wub: and that prototype Iron Man shield blueprint sticker :wub_drool:

That Whiplash fig is definitely cool. Unfortunately TJ's photos have definitely turned me off the Mark 85. It's nitpicky, but just like when the first variant was released a few years ago the contrast between the solid gold arms and the printed legs and helmet bother me. Plus, the helmet size.

I don't know what I was expecting. But it just looked so good in those promo pics. 

I still reckon it's a good collection of figs to get in one set though. Just a shame about the price. 

11 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I refuse to believe that there is a single soul who likes this helmet design more than either of the last 2 designs. If the complaint was size and bulk why are these bigger and bulkier?

I certainly do. The original one is too specific of a design to be very reusable and it was already way over-used, the 2nd one went too far in the other direction and doesn't have a flip-up visor. This new one is the perfect middle ground. It's a little too big but it's not that bad and it's waaay better for represening many different suit designs than the other two designs.

Edited by ToaDraco

20 hours ago, Legocity2713 said:

I only like the fact that it allows for more varied looks and it flips but that's the only positive I have. 

My negatives are that I tought this helmet would fix the bulkiness of the old one whilst keeping the best feature of it which was the flipping faceplate but instead it's somehow taller and wider than the original

And it being a 2D print doesn't help either since his face looks so derpy once you seperate the faceplate from the helmet. Also the visor and lower parts of the helmet look too tiny now 

At least the 2012 helmet still looked like Iron Man even with the faceplate removed despite it being a tad too bulky

17 hours ago, Mattallica said:

i love the helmet(best of the three) on its own  but agree it is too big for the minifig

It looks like a Megablox head placed on a LEGO. At least with the previous helmets, they felt like Iron Man in LEGO form

On 5/21/2022 at 12:58 PM, JediJosh said:

I agree. After seeing pics of it up close, I think i prefer the original helmet.

Same here lol

I guess 2012 and Square Enix helmet still reign supreme

Edited by MCU Spidey 2017

Does anyone think the new helmet would have worked for Whiplash too maybe? His helmet in the movie seemed a little taller and different from Tony’s, plus it opened. Maybe its harder to mold in silver or the printing wouldn’t come out as well?

11 minutes ago, Legocity2713 said:

Does anyone think the new helmet would have worked for Whiplash too maybe? His helmet in the movie seemed a little taller and different from Tony’s, plus it opened. Maybe its harder to mold in silver or the printing wouldn’t come out as well?

Nah

In the final battle of the movie it didn't have a seperate faceplate like the Iron Man helmet and just retracted 

The Square Enix helmet actually fits Whiplash MK 2 very well

23 hours ago, SEmrys said:

That Whiplash fig is definitely cool. Unfortunately TJ's photos have definitely turned me off the Mark 85. It's nitpicky, but just like when the first variant was released a few years ago the contrast between the solid gold arms and the printed legs and helmet bother me. Plus, the helmet size.

I don't know what I was expecting. But it just looked so good in those promo pics. 

I still reckon it's a good collection of figs to get in one set though. Just a shame about the price. 

This MK 85 is my favorite as the mask's gold now matches the legs. Originally only the legs didn't match, but now its the arms that are the weird part, which you can replace with a gold keychain's arms and I think it looks much better.

This is the first Lego Iron Man helmet, with a mechanism, that actually matches the gold used on armor plating.

Edited by doclord

I hope the new design grows on me, but I'm not a big fan at a first glance, mostly because of how oversized it looks. I got used to the original one, which also looked oversized at first, so I hope I'll get used to it.

I like new helmet much better than classic. Printed one looks better than molded one imo. I hope we gonna get new silver centurion with new helmet as on sticker in the set.

I get what they were going for, printing on a fairly flat surface is cheaper than molding into a specific shape for the original mask and they wanted to transfer the 'open visor' gimmick because they felt that would make people more open to the printed visors.

For me though:

• Printed helmets have less depth and detailing than the original helmet, is flat and lacking.
  • Too large, head look stretched, goofy and detracts from the 'open visor' appearance also.
  • Pointed connection points break and now they've put those on the visor as opposed to the helmet :(

Lego needs to show obvious commitment to giving us all the suits as soon as possible to justify this change (Even though the helmet/visor will still be the worst). The MK2-7 need to be in this style this year especially, it's insulting that we still don't have the MK4 considering how little changes would need to be done to the MK3.

The June wave at the moment is incredibly underwhelming. Just two sets seemingly and we have an incredibly overpriced armory that delivers primarily repeated figures and a controversial change in design - and we have a Groot figure that's about 5 years too late and looks like it's going to kill you while you sleep :look:

I pray the Hulkbuster MKII, Sanctum and the D2C really deliver.

34 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Lego needs to show obvious commitment to giving us all the suits as soon as possible to justify this change (Even though the helmet/visor will still be the worst). The MK2-7 need to be in this style this year especially, it's insulting that we still don't have the MK4 considering how little changes would need to be done to the MK3.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have to say that I disagree. I'd much rather get suits we've never gotten before (like MK4, MK9-16) over repeats of MK2-7 with the new helmet. 

I'm also one of the people that liked the new helmet when we first saw it but after TJ_lego's review I'm very meh on it. I'll still most definitely get the set for MK25, War Machine and Whiplash, though. :drool:

34 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I have to say that I disagree. I'd much rather get suits we've never gotten before (like MK4, MK9-16) over repeats of MK2-7 with the new helmet.

I'd like to see a lot of the more unique and interesting designs also, I just feel that it's been a decade now and we should have really had the core suits that were the focus of the movie represented. The Phase 1 suits are the MK1-MK7 and we should really have had Phase 1 covered by the 10th anniversary of the Phase 1 team-up movie.

In 2023 we have Iron Heart & Armor Wars that will likely have suits to be adapted. We have little chance of catching up in terms of suits unless they deliver this year on Iron Man suits. Though admittedly it could draw more attention to the idea of Iron Man style suits which may birth more legacy sets :def_shrug:

15 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I'd like to see a lot of the more unique and interesting designs also, I just feel that it's been a decade now and we should have really had the core suits that were the focus of the movie represented. The Phase 1 suits are the MK1-MK7 and we should really have had Phase 1 covered by the 10th anniversary of the Phase 1 team-up movie.

to be fair, we have had what, 6 out of the 7 of them, and 2/3rds of them within the past 3 years too? Which is especially understandable considering they didn't have the rights to the MCU until the final film of phase 1, and didn't/couldn't make sets for those films at all until a year or two ago. I'm in the camp that it's better to get all the suits than to get updated versions of the same couple suits over and over. 

Plus, the mk4 is nearly identical to the mk3.

Edited by Mandalorianknight