Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

27 minutes ago, SEmrys said:

It's a real shame Lego hasn't been doing Disney+ sets because I feel pretty much every episode of Moon Knight had some set potential. 

The museum fight, the pyramid/hall of gods, that collector's place, the boat and various things from more recent episodes like the spoiler stuff mentioned above. 

The show also reignited my disappointment of the CMFs overuse of What If figures instead of more recent Disney+ heroes, but tbf Lego might not have had anything to work with at the time. I can't remember when we got our first look at Moon Knight's costume. 

But oh well, maybe one day. 

No official ones until after the CMF released, IIRC, and I think even the leaked look was around the time of release.

8 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Sorry to go off topic but @THELEGOBATMAN I got the HFW set today and just the minifig alone is :wub_drool:

Glad you love it. Absolutely incredible set and minifigure :wub:

12 hours ago, Moon_Knight said:

Sorry to go off topic but @THELEGOBATMAN I got the HFW set today and just the minifig alone is :wub_drool:

HFW?

Dear LEGO, please please please make a set featuring

Spoiler

The full lineup of the Illuminati from the new Dr Strange movie. Or if not that, all the characters from there that haven't yet been made into LEGO form.

Anyone who has seen the new movie will know why I want such a thing :)

3 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Dear LEGO, please please please make a set featuring

Hide contents

The full lineup of the Illuminati from the new Dr Strange movie. Or if not that, all the characters from there that haven't yet been made into LEGO form.

Anyone who has seen the new movie will know why I want such a thing :)

I really hope we'll get a set with Illuminati, but it's highly unlikely. It's a miracle we're getting another ITMoM set honestly, so I wouldn't expect even more.

13 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Do we know what this second set is yet?

The Sanctum Sanctorum :classic: Given the rumoured minifig selection, it has to be based on MoM

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The Sanctum Sanctorum :classic: Given the rumoured minifig selection, it has to be based on MoM

if Sony approves the minifigures, we could get a Mashup Lego set with Doctor Strange: MoM characters and Spider-Man No Way Home characters

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Mostly on ITMoM, but it's a mix between other movies. All minifigures are from ITMoM (unless Mordo or Wong are from Doctor Strange, which I doubt), except for Iron Man and Spider-Man, which suggest Infinity War (and possibly NWH). There's also an unknown minifigure.

The build will probably take elements from various movies featuring Sanctum.

Speculation on the minifigure details we got from Promobricks on the Sanctum and who I think the 9th character included is along with other stuff directly related to the design potential for the figures. It's unclear how early the set could be revealed, so want to get some speculation in now, though admittedly not sure we'll see it until June at the earliest.

Do not click the tag unless you have seen the film, it contains spoilers relating to character names and designs

Spoiler

Promobricks listed the Sanctum characters as the following (listed in bold) and I have provided my thoughts on how they could be handled beneath:

Doctor Strange
Repeat of the figure present in 76205 as they have plenty of options to provide varying faces or outfits for Doctor Strange in the two variants featured in the set.

Strange Variant 1 (Defender Strange?)
Lego can always give us a Zombified Doctor Strange in a potential second wave of CMF figures inspired by What If and I think they would want to keep the appeal of the set open by not including a decaying version of the main character covered in demonic hands. As such this is likely Defender Strange.

• Percival Graves hair piece in different colours from the Harry Potter CMF series
  • Facial print is the same as in the Gargantos Showdown
  • Torso print
  • Either leg print or a waist cape

Strange Variant 2 (Supreme Strange?)
This would be Supreme Strange, primarily movie inspired. He'd be the only one to get a new facial print, with one side having an angry expression the other having the third eye revealed. The beard would not be part of the face, enabling you to use the angry and 'third eye' head for other versions of Doctor Strange if desired.

• New double sided facial print, is interchangable with Doctor Strange (Features 'third eye')
  • Beard
  • Torso print
  • Leg print

Wanda
As much as people dislike the idea, a re-use or slightly updated version of the CMF figure is the most likely route here given we are dealing with a lot of other new pieces and CMF figures don't have to remain entirely exclusive. The most likely option being a darker colour scheme but the same design, perhaps a different facial expression and a bunch of transparent pieces.

Mordo
New Torso print and probably a new hair piece are all we can really expect from this figure, would expect a re-use of the facial print from the 2016 figure perhaps slightly updated.

Wong
Repeat of the figure from 76205.

Spider-man
Given everything we know about the delays and reshuffling of this film, this is very likely Tom Holland's Spider-man. I'd lean towards him being in the FFH suit due to this film originally intended to occur before NWH - in which case this would be a repeated figure from 76184 / 30443.

Iron Man
Honestly, this one is tricky. Tom Cruise was seemingly cast in the role as Iron Man for the Illuminati team-up, but I'd guess was cut in order to allow Christine to take a larger focus. If it is Tom Cruise as Iron Man, a Torso, Leg and new face print are almost certain - with potential for a helmet piece also. If not then this could easily be a repeat of the MK85 suit from the 76216 and serve as a personification of Doctor Strange's guilt or just to help sell the set :P

Unknown 9th Figure
I feel the core options are Mr.Fantastic, Blackbolt, Ultron Bot OR Christine Palmer. It is too early for the credit scene character and I feel characters like Prof.X are customisable already. Christine Palmer is the exception due to her role in the story. Though admittedly the 9th figure could just be a repeat, in which case throw in America Chavez from the Gargantos set.

---

In general:

• Minimum of three repeated figures being Doctor Strange, Wong and Spider-man (Potential for Iron Man repeat)
  • Main focus on the set being Scarlet Witch, Defender Strange & Supreme Strange
  • Mordo being just kinda there in the set but nobody's buying it for him, oof
  • 9th Figure either helping to attract attention or just filling out the cast

Thanks for the update!

1414FalconFan provided an update as well, on IG, crediting Promobricks with the info, and they state the 9th figure will be Ebony Maw, and Iron Man & Spider-Man will also be Infinity War-inspired.

The others figures are also (seemingly) verified by the latest update.

All in all, I'm getting very excited for this set :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Speculation on the minifigure details we got from Promobricks on the Sanctum and who I think the 9th character included is along with other stuff directly related to the design potential for the figures. It's unclear how early the set could be revealed, so want to get some speculation in now, though admittedly not sure we'll see it until June at the earliest.

Do not click the tag unless you have seen the film, it contains spoilers relating to character names and designs

Reveal hidden contents

Promobricks listed the Sanctum characters as the following (listed in bold) and I have provided my thoughts on how they could be handled beneath:

Doctor Strange
Repeat of the figure present in 76205 as they have plenty of options to provide varying faces or outfits for Doctor Strange in the two variants featured in the set.

Strange Variant 1 (Defender Strange?)
Lego can always give us a Zombified Doctor Strange in a potential second wave of CMF figures inspired by What If and I think they would want to keep the appeal of the set open by not including a decaying version of the main character covered in demonic hands. As such this is likely Defender Strange.

• Percival Graves hair piece in different colours from the Harry Potter CMF series
  • Facial print is the same as in the Gargantos Showdown
  • Torso print
  • Either leg print or a waist cape

Strange Variant 2 (Supreme Strange?)
This would be Supreme Strange, primarily movie inspired. He'd be the only one to get a new facial print, with one side having an angry expression the other having the third eye revealed. The beard would not be part of the face, enabling you to use the angry and 'third eye' head for other versions of Doctor Strange if desired.

• New double sided facial print, is interchangable with Doctor Strange (Features 'third eye')
  • Beard
  • Torso print
  • Leg print

Wanda
As much as people dislike the idea, a re-use or slightly updated version of the CMF figure is the most likely route here given we are dealing with a lot of other new pieces and CMF figures don't have to remain entirely exclusive. The most likely option being a darker colour scheme but the same design, perhaps a different facial expression and a bunch of transparent pieces.

Mordo
New Torso print and probably a new hair piece are all we can really expect from this figure, would expect a re-use of the facial print from the 2016 figure perhaps slightly updated.

Wong
Repeat of the figure from 76205.

Spider-man
Given everything we know about the delays and reshuffling of this film, this is very likely Tom Holland's Spider-man. I'd lean towards him being in the FFH suit due to this film originally intended to occur before NWH - in which case this would be a repeated figure from 76184 / 30443.

Iron Man
Honestly, this one is tricky. Tom Cruise was seemingly cast in the role as Iron Man for the Illuminati team-up, but I'd guess was cut in order to allow Christine to take a larger focus. If it is Tom Cruise as Iron Man, a Torso, Leg and new face print are almost certain - with potential for a helmet piece also. If not then this could easily be a repeat of the MK85 suit from the 76216 and serve as a personification of Doctor Strange's guilt or just to help sell the set :P

Unknown 9th Figure
I feel the core options are Mr.Fantastic, Blackbolt, Ultron Bot OR Christine Palmer. It is too early for the credit scene character and I feel characters like Prof.X are customisable already. Christine Palmer is the exception due to her role in the story. Though admittedly the 9th figure could just be a repeat, in which case throw in America Chavez from the Gargantos set.

---

In general:

• Minimum of three repeated figures being Doctor Strange, Wong and Spider-man (Potential for Iron Man repeat)
  • Main focus on the set being Scarlet Witch, Defender Strange & Supreme Strange
  • Mordo being just kinda there in the set but nobody's buying it for him, oof
  • 9th Figure either helping to attract attention or just filling out the cast

Promobricks are reporting the 9th figure is Ebony Maw. Which fits with the infitiy war crossover but a bit of a shame considering the others it could have been! 

Definitely makes my mind up about selling my copy of the other Sanctum set 

The newest report is that Iron Man, Spiderman, Wong and Ebony Maw will be from Infinity War while Strange, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Wanda and Mordo represent Multiverse of Madness.

so the box will have the MOM logo? It can't be Infinity saga as MOM isn't part of it. Good set to have the legacy logo on.

Welp, would have been nice to learn that a little early before I did a spoilery breakdown based on the old promobricks list... lol. Would not be surprised if this was designed as a legacy Infinity War set and they just shoved in the MoM characters that were easiest to include.

Wonder if we will get Corvus Glaive, Proxima Midnight and Cull Obsidian/Black Dwarf updated, would be nice to get a new Cull Obsidian. Might even convince me to go back and get the updated Thanos.

If Iron Man MK50 has the new helmet, then that bridges some of the gap and if we get a decent number this year then perhaps it'll be a sign they plan on actually delivering on all the suits relatively soon. At the moment the new suit/helmet tally is MK3, MK25, MK85 and hopefully this adds the MK50. I really want this to be the turning point where Lego make it evident if they are doing the whole collection of suits anytime soon.

Updated List:

Spoiler

JUNE:

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10/15€, 42/43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)
  • 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures MoM Doctor Strange, IW Wong, Scarlet Witch, Ebony May, Stark Suit/Iron Spider-man, Iron Man MK50, Sinister Strange, Zombie Strange, Mordo

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• 76222: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76223: 60€ (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76224: (Unknown Marvel set, listed on Promobricks.de)
  • 76215: Hulkbuster MK II 300€ (IW Hulkbuster D2C)
  • 76210 500€ D2C Marvel
  • 76232 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76242 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 76244 (Revealed on Lego Instruction page listed as a 2023 set)
  • 10963 DUPLO Super Heroes (€49.99, 41 pieces)

Rumored sets:

• Currently unsupported Instagram Rumors claiming that 76223 is the Nano Gaunlet
  • Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
Edited by Scarilian

Wow, if the minifig list is true, it seems like such a massive waste for half the figures to be Infinity War based considering that's what the last Sanctum we got was based on and there are so many other figures they could have included over those repeats.

So I really expect an apology… jk but this is exactly what I said this set would be. You can go back and look. Everyone was saying I was completely wrong and it was gonna be superior iron man and tobey Spider-Man. I said it would be the infinity war versions. Go back and look. That’s all. Sounds good to me

43 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

So I really expect an apology… jk but this is exactly what I said this set would be. You can go back and look. Everyone was saying I was completely wrong and it was gonna be superior iron man and tobey Spider-Man. I said it would be the infinity war versions. Go back and look. That’s all. Sounds good to me

I mean other than the initial guesses around when people were really flying off the handle with MoM speculation, the whole thread is in pretty general agreement it'd be Infinity War scenes as well... I don't think anybody expected it to be Ebony-Maw level though.

edit:
What does "Stark" Spiderman mean? Is that the black spidey suit created with the Stark thing in FFH?
If that's the case the minifig selection is EXTREMELY lame. Other than 2 new Stranges, all of the figs are reprints?

Edited by bricksandabear

That was expected. Iron Man and Spider-Man haven't even been teased for that movie, so even if they were in it, we wouldn't be getting them in this set.

43 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

No one asked.

And no, that's not how it went. I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting it to be a ITMoM / IW (or just elements from previous movies) mix.

Although it being a mix of Infinity War and Multiverse of Madness was to be expected when Spider-Man and Iron Man were rumoured I’m still a little bothered it’s not more MoM focused, especially after seeing the movie. Despite all that the minifigure selection is great, hoping the Wanda is a new print but not expecting it to be. Strange has some of the best minifigures so I’m always down for more.  

if the build itself is anything like the Bugle I’m going to love it. 

A little surprised by the line up with repeats from 76108. (especially assuming they will be the same) But still intrigued by the set! Hoping those additional figs and 1700 extra parts make it worthwhile! 

Maybe this is just a beefed up re-issue with 5 extra figs?

12 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

edit:
What does "Stark" Spiderman mean? Is that the black spidey suit created with the Stark thing in FFH?
If that's the case the minifig selection is EXTREMELY lame. Other than 2 new Stranges, all of the figs are reprints?

Stark suit means the civil war/homecoming/ start of infinity war suit 

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That was expected. Iron Man and Spider-Man haven't even been teased for that movie, so even if they were in it, we wouldn't be getting them in this set.

No one asked.

And no, that's not how it went. I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting it to be a ITMoM / IW (or just elements from previous movies) mix.

No they weren’t. I said it would be a mix and everyone told me it was 100% going to be just multiverse of madness. Yes people asked because they said to come back if they were wrong so I did. I’ll post screenshots 

23 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

I mean other than the initial guesses around when people were really flying off the handle with MoM speculation, the whole thread is in pretty general agreement it'd be Infinity War scenes as well... I don't think anybody expected it to be Ebony-Maw level though.

edit:

No they weren’t. 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, TurnOffTheDark said:
On 2/18/2022 at 7:01 PM, doclord said:

I have heard different things about Spider-man, including him being relevant to the movie. Iron Man is up in the air, but when every other character may be from MoM...

I hope the Spider-Man in the Sanctum set is Tobey's

it is literally a MoM based Set 

Hmmm…

I’m confused. Is Scarlet Witch based on Infinity War or Multiverse of Madness?

Also, is this gonna get branded under the Infinity Saga or Multiverse of Madness sub-theme?