Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

25 minutes ago, Frizzlefry25 said:

I would love the CMF figures to continue. The next wave would be Hawkeye, Moon Knight, She Hulk and Ms Marvel. Definitely the best way to get figures for them, versus maybe a set here or there!

Even better, now that the Netflix series are on Disney plus, how about a wave of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, and Defenders!

To me I think we'll just get minifigs of Daredevil and Luke Cage in the CMF at best. They're R-Rated IPs and LEGO is definitely not going to make sets based on a violent and adult-orientated show.

2 hours ago, EggBoi said:

To me I think we'll just get minifigs of Daredevil and Luke Cage in the CMF at best. They're R-Rated IPs and LEGO is definitely not going to make sets based on a violent and adult-orientated show.

Would love a Daredevil variant cmf. Throw in an Electra also please! 

5 hours ago, EggBoi said:

They're R-Rated IPs and LEGO is definitely not going to make sets based on a violent and adult-orientated show.

Agreed. The best chance for them probably is if they appear in a substantial enough roll in a future project, ex. if Daredevil was to be in Spider-Man 4 or something.

Edited by Subnautica

Why does everyone think that just because these shows are on Disney+ that means something is going to happen with these properties?

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

Why does everyone think that just because these shows are on Disney+ that means something is going to happen with these properties?

Because this forum loves to gaslight themselves into believing something is going to happen and then get mad when it doesn't

2 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Because this forum loves to gaslight themselves into believing something is going to happen and then get mad when it doesn't

It’s not just here though, it’s all over the internet. 

it’s just sillly.

Cynical remarks about the internet aside, the reality is that we've had Disney+ sets for What If prior and we had Disney+ characters adapted into a CMF series showing Lego are prepared to give them concept art for these shows quite a while in advance.

We already know we are getting an advent calendar inspired by the upcomming Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special, it is definitely possible that we wind up with other Disney+ sets this year.

In terms of specific 2022 shows:

• Moon Knight: Has potential to be rolled into a 'Halloween Special' set alongside 'Werewolf by Night'
  • Ms.Marvel: Probably saved for Captain Marvel 2
  • She-Hulk: Could be used to do a seudo 'The Incredible Hulk' legacy set with Abomination, Hulk and She-Hulk
  • What If S2: Highly likely given we previously got 'What If' Disney Plus sets
  • I Am Groot: Might get a small set given popularity of Baby Groot

Secret Invasion (which was originally intended to air after Captain Marvel 2) will likely be delayed, but it could get a set featuring Nick Fury, Talos and a Skrull Imposter character depending on how many sets Captain Marvel 2.

1 hour ago, Hulk_Smash said:

It’s not just here though, it’s all over the internet. 

it’s just sillly.

Marvel “fans” nowadays do that with pretty much everything. “Leakers” say anything they can to get clicks, influencers spread clearly false information and people believe them and people take theories as fact and think they know everything. Like people are dead set on Garfield being in Morbius because of a leak that said there would be reshoots like a month after NWH. 
I was thinking about this the other days but I’m glad this community seems a little smarter to understand what’s a good source and at least keep their hype somewhat in check because normal “marvel” fans today are ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

Cynical remarks about the internet aside, the reality is that we've had Disney+ sets for What If prior and we had Disney+ characters adapted into a CMF series showing Lego are prepared to give them concept art for these shows quite a while in advance.

We already know we are getting an advent calendar inspired by the upcomming Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special, it is definitely possible that we wind up with other Disney+ sets this year.

• Moon Knight: Has potential to be rolled into a 'Halloween Special' set alongside 'Werewolf by Night'
  • She-Hulk: Could be used to do a seudo 'The Incredible Hulk' legacy set with Abomination, Hulk and She-Hulk

Secret Invasion (which was originally intended to air after Captain Marvel 2) will likely be delayed, but it could get a set featuring Nick Fury, Talos and a Skrull Imposter character depending on how many sets Captain Marvel 2.

Not that I disagree with you, but I'd argue that The Guardians Christmas Advent Calendar is a different thing because they're already stablished characters (not that Loki, Wandavision and Falcon weren't, but you get the gest)

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I think the Baby Groot statue in June is meant to promote I Am Groot.

I hope we get more What If sets, but since the Sakaarian Hulkbuster is a Season 2 episode, I wonder if they'll remarket that set instead.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'm most curious about She-Hulk. I never picked up the Red vs Green Hulk/SheHulk set, but I imagine if there's going to be a set with both Abomination and Hulk, it'd be something similar. If lego is truly moving towards Thanos-style big figs with removable heads, I feel like something like this is less likely. I just can't imagine all of the new pieces that would be required for those two figs (hair for hulk, ears for Abomination) to appear in one set. The cost of the set would make it too expensive.

Ms Marvel, on the other hand, seems like a great candidate for a new set. It's marketed towards kids, and could easily get away with an energy pack and maybe a few new trans-purple pieces.

The CMF was ideal because at it's simplest, everyone is buying the "Superhero" theme sets for the minifigs. The sets, though, are far more profitable for lego, and with some evidence that D+ sets will sell, I would imagine these shows would be better candidates for sets than another CMF. Hawkeye wasn't included on your list, but is a dead ringer for a car chase set.

7 hours ago, Hulk_Smash said:

It’s probably more because one of the actors from these shows just showed up in one of the biggest MCU films yet and another was a major antagonist in the last Disney+ series. These shows being on Disney+ means that they can do more seasons without sending people over to their competitor.

A lot of the other actors from those shows said that they would be down to return also, and there’s a decent amount of fan demand as well. 

Whatever happens with those shows, I wouldn’t expect to see any of this to come to fruition with Lego though. Maybe if some of them show up in another, more accessible MCU entry.

2 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I'm most curious about She-Hulk. I never picked up the Red vs Green Hulk/SheHulk set, but I imagine if there's going to be a set with both Abomination and Hulk, it'd be something similar. If lego is truly moving towards Thanos-style big figs with removable heads, I feel like something like this is less likely. I just can't imagine all of the new pieces that would be required for those two figs (hair for hulk, ears for Abomination) to appear in one set. The cost of the set would make it too expensive.

Ms Marvel, on the other hand, seems like a great candidate for a new set. It's marketed towards kids, and could easily get away with an energy pack and maybe a few new trans-purple pieces.

The CMF was ideal because at it's simplest, everyone is buying the "Superhero" theme sets for the minifigs. The sets, though, are far more profitable for lego, and with some evidence that D+ sets will sell, I would imagine these shows would be better candidates for sets than another CMF. Hawkeye wasn't included on your list, but is a dead ringer for a car chase set.

I think the GOTG Volume 2 Baby Groot set is going to serve as an indirect tie-in anyway.

While my interest in the Marvel D+ shows is starting to wane, I still hope that we get coverage for each one. Lego’s done a pretty good job at that with Star Wars thus far, I’d like to see the same with Marvel.

When are we expecting the Hulkbuster at this point? Trying to remember. 

2 hours ago, mgetz said:

We need Captain America suits from TFA and TWS

I would love to see a set based on TWS, and given the Infinity Saga sets based on older movies recently, I would expect one at some point soon, but we'll see when.

I would love Thor 1 sets that finally gives us a brick built Destroyer, a couple of Frost Giants and Lady Sif. Also I know Shang Chi isn't considered to be part of the Infinity Saga, I want a cage match set with a big fig Abomination. 

16 hours ago, EggBoi said:

I would love Thor 1 sets that finally gives us a brick built Destroyer, a couple of Frost Giants and Lady Sif. Also I know Shang Chi isn't considered to be part of the Infinity Saga, I want a cage match set with a big fig Abomination. 

She-Hulk is probably the only chance at getting the movie version of Abomination unless he winds up appearing in a Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers series/film.

19 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

When are we expecting the Hulkbuster at this point? Trying to remember.

Enquired with Promobricks:

• Nothing regarding the release date of the Hulkbuster MKII
  • They intend to do a Marvel update, though this update would likely not be until April (Or the very end of March)

I'd guess the update would probably be information on the Sanctum Sanctorum before its online release in May.

With the Sanctum releasing in May (Online) and August (Retailers) I'd lean towards the Hulkbuster MKII and $500 D2C being released inbetween those months - guessing June for the Hulkbuster MKII (Alongside Optimus) while the $500 D2C would release in July. I'd lean towards Hulkbuster MKII coming first as its the one we know more information about and we heard about it first.

Normally I would'nt think Lego would release Optimus & Hulkbuster MKII in the same month, but with Optimus seemingly delayed a month I think it's possible that it could happen.

Edited by Scarilian

Long time no comment.

First off I just want to start by saying, in hindsight, of course the second CMF wave rumor was fake. Lego has never followed up on a second series so soon and cmf series for this year leaked at the start of the year and there was no mention of Marvel series 2 until this fake leak popped out of nowhere. 

Not into MCU sets with rare exception but will throw in my 2 cents anyways - Goats look blocky but not terrible, the boat is also a bit stiff nothing too special, but wow Lady Thor looks great. She looks almost identical to what a comic Lady Thor would look like in lego, the headpiece itself would be interchangeable they’d have to pull up a particular comic and design her figure frame by frame to match that to make anything more comic accurate. Otherwise I can see them doing what they did with the FFH Nick Fury and use this fig in both MCU and comic sets bc its interchangeable. Lady Thor looks soooooo good holy crap that is a nice figure.

Finally saw NWH, best Spiderman movie ever. I still don’t get the Vulture and Mysterio sets this year? Also crazy we got a Sanctum set with MJ and Wong but no cells? Sorry don’t know how to use spoiler tags. 

Anyways I’m excited to see what this $500 set will be and how the Sanctum will look. Tis all.

(P.S yes I know we are super unlikely to get a comic Lady Thor I’m just saying if we did it would be practically interchangeable)

Edited by cosmic

On 3/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, bradreed715 said:

Like people are dead set on Garfield being in Morbius because of a leak that said there would be reshoots like a month after NWH.

Took me a few takes to realise you didn't mean Garfield the cat.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

Long time no comment.

First off I just want to start by saying, in hindsight, of course the second CMF wave rumor was fake. Lego has never followed up on a second series so soon and cmf series for this year leaked at the start of the year and there was no mention of Marvel series 2 until this fake leak popped out of nowhere. 

Finally saw NWH, best Spiderman movie ever. I still don’t get the Vulture and Mysterio sets this year? Also crazy we got a Sanctum set with MJ and Wong but no cells? Sorry don’t know how to use spoiler tags. 

Technically, we got the second Lego Batman Movie CMF a year after the first one, but since the second series didn't seem to sell nearly as well, Lego would probably be antsy about doing it again.

We got Vulture and Mysterio because Marvel/Sony was trying to keep the appearance of multiverse characters a surprise for as long as possible (ironic considering all the leaks leading up to the film) and a lot of the toy developers resorted to releasing more products from the previous films. The Sanctum Workshop most likely didn't have the cells because Lego just didn't get concept art for that area, and even if they did, there would have been no multiverse villain minifigures to lock up inside of them. The thing that I find to be weirder about the set is how it came with Wong, in a very specific outfit mind you, who showed up in NWH for like a minute, while we've never gotten Ned in a wide release set. (I'm not including that FFH Minifigure Accessory Set, which was only available from Lego themselves.) I guess it makes sense since they've been able to use that Wong face in more sets but still.

If Sanctum Sanctorum is supposed to be released in May, will we start seeing leaks soon?

1 hour ago, mgetz said:

If Sanctum Sanctorum is supposed to be released in May, will we start seeing leaks soon?

Official pics on April 1st at the latest I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Official pics on April 1st at the latest I imagine.

Given that it's a D2C, I wouldn't expect official pictures until closer to mid-April (especially given recent D2C reveals relative to release).

14 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that it's a D2C, I wouldn't expect official pictures until closer to mid-April (especially given recent D2C reveals relative to release).

I thought this was supposed to be a wide release set? Just exclusive to Lego and online stores for the first couple months before becoming more widely available.

18 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I thought this was supposed to be a wide release set? Just exclusive to Lego and online stores for the first couple months before becoming more widely available.

Far as I know, it's a D2C. Every D2C is exclusive to LEGO for around three months before being available on other sites, and this seems to follow that trend.