Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

It might also be regular comic-inspired sets, right?
Or a bit of both :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

20 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't expect any Disney+ sets. I hate it, but it feels like they abandoned them.

At least we're getting the Advent Calendar. That seems to be the only Disney+ set so far. Unless you count the Baby Groot statue.

6 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

If they aren't D+ then what are the 8 sets? That is the question

Infinity Saga sets, Spider-Man sets, DC sets, etc. I hope some of them are Disney+, but that's not a guarantee.

8 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Frankly, they could be anything - Infinity Saga, comics, etc. We just don't know at this point. 

Edit: Ninja'd by Buckethead

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

1 hour ago, TurinTheGreat said:

LEGO Super Heroes has its 10th anniversary this year. Just saying.

So far, we still have no specific info on what the $500 D2C Marvel set is yet, correct? I know the Hulkbuster Ironman set has been confirmed, but i thought i had heard mention of a new Dr Strange Sanctum. Is that rumor, or another possibility of what the big D2C set will be?

6 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

So far, we still have no specific info on what the $500 D2C Marvel set is yet, correct? I know the Hulkbuster Ironman set has been confirmed, but i thought i had heard mention of a new Dr Strange Sanctum. Is that rumor, or another possibility of what the big D2C set will be?

The Sanctum is confirmed by promobricks. We don't know what the 500 dollar one is.

Edited by CodFather1

22 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

The Sanctum is confirmed by promobricks. We don't know what the 500 dollar one is.

Thanks for the clarification. I hadnt realized that the Sanctum was confirmed and NOT the 500 D2C. Do we have any other specifics about the Sanctum then? Like, is it another D2C, or a very large set?

41 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

its a $200 set so pretty big comes with 9 figs

WoW, that sounds awesome. Looking forward to that set for sure, and i cant wait to see what the real big 500 set will be. They are scheduled for the Summer i assume, right?

4 hours ago, Dunedain said:

It could be anything. Even NWH set

Edited by oxy220

For those speculating on the unknown sets, I'd suggest referring to the information we currently have on them such as prices, age ranges, etc...

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs) August
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs) August
  • 76222: ?, ?
  • 76223: 60€, ?
  • 76224: ?, ?
  • 76225 ($25) September
  • 76226 ($25) September
  • 76230: ($25) September

In terms of personal speculation, I am still leaning to the Hulkbuster MKII and the $500 DC2 ushuring in a wave of legacy sets. The anniversary of Avengers probably resulting in a legacy set from that film and I'd lean towards some comic inspired Spider-man stuff also for the 60th anniversary and as a potential loose tie-in to Spider-verse 2 - so probably at least one set with Spider-man, Miles and Gwen :shrug_oh_well:

At this stage it's mostly a waiting game, April gives us lots of sets to occupy us with as we wait for the reveal of the Sanctum Sanctorum set - but at that point things can get pretty wild with the Hulkbuster MKII, the $500 D2C, etc...

As a sidenote, I wonder if either the Hulkbuster MKII or $500 D2C will get a polybag released with purchases.

3 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I doubt Black Panther is out this year

Filming is still on going so a delay is incredibly likely. If a delay does occur, they would likely avoid announcing it until after Doctor Strange 2 OR potentially after Thor L&T. I'm still of the opinion that Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 will be delayed. Black Panther 2 likely shifting to February 2023.

7 hours ago, oxy220 said:

New set

We've known about 76230 for a while but it does provide confirmation of it being Marvel and the release date as September which is helpful and re-affirms the previous allocation. As @THELEGOBATMAN remarked, it gives us confirmation on the 76212 being a 4+ set also which we did not know prior.

Updated List:

Spoiler

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20€, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.

5 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

I doubt Black Panther is out this year, they should delay it if they csre about the quality, the cgi of the first one was awful :thumbdown:

If it quells any concerns, this person wrote an article making a good case that the film (and in turn the sets) won't get delayed.

The article doesn't include any spoilers, but the website itself may advertise other articles reporting on film rumors, so proceed with caution.

Edited by Buckethead

ok so here's my theory, and I just want to say that this is just my opinion and it's very very likely it won't wont be the case, but here it is: 

We know that after Disney bought FOX, now they have the film rights to the Marvel movies that Fox owned, and because of that they made a separate category in their Marvel content called Legacy. So here's my theory: I LEGO might still do those Raimi Spidey sets, but also making sets based on non-MCU Marvel movies sets like Fox's X-Men. And they're also the Netflix shows alongside the Agents of SHIELD coming to Disney+. So I think they'll be making a seperate line from the Infinity Saga either called Legacy or Multiverse. Plus with DSMOM coming with Patrick Stewart reprising his role as Professor X, it kinda makes sense. Sets based on Agents of SHIELD, Raimi or maybe even the Webbverse Spidey films, and then FOX'S X-Men movies, all in one line. 

Again, this very unlikely but that's just my thinking.

2 hours ago, Scarilian said:

For those speculating on the unknown sets, I'd suggest referring to the information we currently have on them such as prices, age ranges, etc...

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs) August
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs) August
  • 76222: ?, ?
  • 76223: 60€, ?
  • 76224: ?, ?
  • 76225 ($25) September
  • 76226 ($25) September
  • 76230: ($25) September

In terms of personal speculation, I am still leaning to the Hulkbuster MKII and the $500 DC2 ushuring in a wave of legacy sets. The anniversary of Avengers probably resulting in a legacy set from that film and I'd lean towards some comic inspired Spider-man stuff also for the 60th anniversary and as a potential loose tie-in to Spider-verse 2 - so probably at least one set with Spider-man, Miles and Gwen :shrug_oh_well:

At this stage it's mostly a waiting game, April gives us lots of sets to occupy us with as we wait for the reveal of the Sanctum Sanctorum set - but at that point things can get pretty wild with the Hulkbuster MKII, the $500 D2C, etc...

As a sidenote, I wonder if either the Hulkbuster MKII or $500 D2C will get a polybag released with purchases.

Filming is still on going so a delay is incredibly likely. If a delay does occur, they would likely avoid announcing it until after Doctor Strange 2 OR potentially after Thor L&T. I'm still of the opinion that Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 will be delayed. Black Panther 2 likely shifting to February 2023.

We've known about 76230 for a while but it does provide confirmation of it being Marvel and the release date as September which is helpful and re-affirms the previous allocation. As @THELEGOBATMAN remarked, it gives us confirmation on the 76212 being a 4+ set also which we did not know prior.

Updated List:

Reveal hidden contents

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20€, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 4+ (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.

I’d just like to say thank you for keeping this years list updates @Scarilian, it’s absolutely amazing that you provide an up-to-date guide for this year on almost every page :sweet:

I don't think we're going to see Spider-Man 60th anniversary sets 

I think that NWH sets are more possible 

2 hours ago, oxy220 said:

I don't think we're going to see Spider-Man 60th anniversary sets 

I think that NWH sets are more possible 

I would honestly expect to see more comics Spiderman sets that coincide with the 60th anniversary than NWH sets this year, though they could certainly try to get a NWH set out this fall or something. 

Promobricks write that there will be one unknown minifigure in the Sanctum. And this is not a Strange variant. I think it could be either America Chavez, or Rintrah, or someone from the Illuminati, for example Professor X 

2 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Promobricks write that there will be one unknown minifigure in the Sanctum. And this is not a Strange variant. I think it could be either America Chavez, or Rintrah, or someone from the Illuminati, for example Professor X 

I will be casting my bet now: No Professor X in the Sanctum. Considering that we saw the villains in NWH’s trailer, and we still haven’t gotten them, there’s almost no way we get X.