Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I wonder if they intend to release anything to coincide with X-Men '97. That would be a dream come true for many of us, and because the character designs already exist, there wouldn't be any concerns about inaccuracies in concept art.

15 hours ago, wesker said:

Being an animated series shouldn't be a factor. We've just had one Marvel modular building based on the comics and another coming up based on the MCU. I don't think the source material really matters beyond being based upon what's popular.

Yes, and my point was that being an animated series, lego isn't likely to think it as popular as something from the films. The daily bugle is spider-man based, and he's at least in the top 2 for most iconic superheroes, not to mention 2021 being a huge year for spider-man. I don't think we'll never get an x-mansion, indeed I think it'd be a popular choice, but I think it's more likely to come alongside the mcu reboot, or have them based on the comics characters. Even if it were to come out alongside x-men 97, it wouldn't be this summer's D2C, as I feel like we'd know X-men 97 was coming this summer if it was.

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

The X-men series was announced over a year ago at the Disney thing where they announced Moon Knight. There is time for it to have been made

This is not true. It was announced at disney+ day: November 12th, 2021, less thanĀ 4 months ago. Moon knight was announced years ago.

I am very excited about the possibility of some x-men97 sets, the potential is huge. Ā But not this year ... as far as Disney Plus is concerned, I'm worried, if they have skipped a show, it means they can skip them all šŸ˜Ÿ

48 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Does anyone think we might get a Moon Knight set?Ā 

Your guess is as good as mine.Ā 

Hypothetical Scenario: The three $25 sets are for Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk, and we end up getting four Disney+ sets in September.

But then again, who knows?

Edited by Buckethead

I feel like it's worth pointing out that thus far there has been absolutely zero indication that we will see anything based on X-Men '97, or X-Men in general. Obviously we'll see them once we get them in the MCU, but for the time being I don't think it's super likely. Lego isn't even making sets based on the Disney+ shows, and those feature characters who were already present in some of the highest grossing movies of all time. Lego does sometimes make weird decisions so it's not like an X-Men set beyond the Wolverine mech this year is impossible, but it seems far more likely to me that they would stick with what is already popular and will undoubtedly sell better, that being Spider-Man and Avengers sets.

9 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Your guess is as good as mine.Ā 

Hypothetical Scenario: The three $25 sets are for Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, and She-Hulk, and we end up getting four Disney+ sets in September.

But then again, who knows?

That would be absolutely amazing, I'm ready for some new heroes to enter the market, not just rehashes or variants of characters we've seen time and time again.

Edited by kevkipo

12 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Yes, and my point was that being an animated series, lego isn't likely to think it as popular as something from the films.

But there's nothing to suggest that. They currently have multiple sets for "What If?" and "Spidey and his Amazing Friends" on shelves right now, both of which are based on cartoons.

WandaVision, FATWS, Loki and Hawkeye are all direct continuations of the Avengers films starring fan favorite characters. How many sets do they have again?

I hid some inappropriate posts that didn't belong on our forum. First of all, keep it to LEGO. Second of all, definitely keep out your fetishes.

Please don't engage with that sort of post, people. Report and move on. Thanks.

I definitely think weā€™ll get a marvel cmf series next year for 2023 - I spoke to a Lego store employee recently and they said how insanely popular that first series was.Ā 
Ā 

hopefully when thereā€™s another cmf they will play catch-up and give us characters like Moon Knight and She-Hulk. Personally Iā€™m not very hopeful of sets being made based on the live action seriesĀ 

Promobricks have updated the list on their site, it now includes three brand new listings and confirmation on both the remaining D2C's.

• 76210 re-confirming it as a Marvel D2C priced at 499.99ā‚¬
  • 76215 re-confirming it as the Hulkbuster MK II and have revealed a price at 299.99ā‚¬
  • 76222 has been added to the Marvel set list, no release or price at this time
  • 76223 has been added to the Marvel set list, no release however it is priced at 59.99ā‚¬
  • 76224 has been added to the Marvel set list, no release or price at this time

We originally heard about the Hulkbuster MK II from Promobricks.de in November, it's good to get further confirmation it's still coming and hopefully this means it'll be a 1HY release as expected as they did not previously have confirmation of the price prior and now seem sure of the 299.99ā‚¬ price tag.

This brings our total to 8 unknown Marvel Summer sets: 76220, 76221, 76222, 76223, 76224, 76225, 76226 and 76230. These sets will be accompanied by the Iron Man 2 Workshop and the Baby Groot figure they recently reported on.

I apologise if someone else has already relayed this.

Updated List:

Spoiler

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20ā‚¬, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220ā‚¬, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($ļ»æ90/90ā‚¬, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50ā‚¬, 476Ā pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50ā‚¬, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10ā‚¬, 58 pcs)
  • 76213Ā (Wakanda Forever; 30ā‚¬, 355 pcs)
  • 76214Ā (Wakanda Forever; 80ā‚¬)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20ā‚¬ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
15 hours ago, Meadius said:

I feel like it's worth pointing out that thus far there has been absolutely zero indication that we will see anything based on X-Men '97, or X-Men in genļ»æeral. Obviously we'll see them once we get them in the MCU, but for the time being I don't think it's super likely. Lego isn't even making sets based on the Disney+ shows, and those feature characters who were already present in some of the highest grossing movies of all time. Lego does sometimes make weird decisions so it's not like an X-Men set beyond the Wolverine mech this year is impossible, but it seems far more likely to me that they would stick with what is already popular and will undoubtedly sell better, that being Spider-Man and Avengers sets.

The reason I feel X-Men Mansion as the $500 D2C has a small potential is primarily the release of Wolverine in the mechs, coupled with Prof.X showing up in the Doctor Strange 2 trailer along with the release of a sequel to X-Men animated series entitled 'X-Men 97' releasing in mid 2023. The original 97 series leant fairly heavily on the comic designs for the characters. Releasing an X-Men Mansion set that is primarily comic inspired leaning on the original animated series, with the design likely being re-used for the sequel series releasing the next year would help the set sell well.

webp

The most obvious would be re-done figures of the prior characters they have done in Lego form, so we'd have Wolverine, Magneto, Storm, Cyclops, Deadpool and for the first time Prof.X. Other characters could be included to make the set more appealing. In general I think they would draw heavy inspiration from the Lego Ideas submission.

Edited by Scarilian

28 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

This brings our total to 8 unknown Marvel Summer sets: 76220, 76221, 76222, 76223, 76224, 76225, 76226 and 76230.

Has anyone confirmed that 76230 is a Marvel set?

27 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The reason I feel X-Men Mansion as the $500 D2C has a small potential is primarily the release of Wolverine in the mechs, coupled with Prof.X showing up in the Doctor Strange 2 trailer along with the release of a sequel to X-Men animated series entitled 'X-Men 97' releasing in mid 2023. The original 97 series leant fairly heavily on the comic designs for the characters. Releasing an X-Men Mansion set that is primarily comic inspired leaning on the original animated series, with the design likely being re-used for the sequel series releasing the next year would help the set sell well.

Ā 

the wolverine mech is problably there to test the waters, to see if the x men is something that people/children want.

Just now, living_off_lego said:

the wolverine mech is problably there to test the waters, to see if the x men is something that people/children want.

Given that the past X-Men sets did not perform well, I would expect to see maybe a single X-Men figureĀ or so in a couple of comics sets to test the waters, and then we'll see from there.Ā 

41 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Has anyone confirmed that 76230 is a Marvel seļ»æt?

It was relayed by NoOneOfImportance reported as 'Superheroes prices' by Brick_Clicker & Eugentoyandhobby website, it was among others reported at the time which are all currently listed by Promobricks.de as Marvel - though notably 76230 is not on any of the list of 2022 sets on Promobricks.de.

I'd lean towards it being Marvel due to this, as it'd be odd to be the only set of the list that is not Marvel. It is however possible for it not to be Marvel :shrug_oh_well:

*Realised I inaccurately labelled 76230 as September, perhaps it was listed somewhere at one stage... moved it to 'unknown release date'

Updated List:

Spoiler

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20ā‚¬, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220ā‚¬, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($ļ»æ90/90ā‚¬, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50ā‚¬, 476Ā pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50ā‚¬, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10ā‚¬, 58 pcs)
  • 76213Ā (Wakanda Forever; 30ā‚¬, 355 pcs)
  • 76214Ā (Wakanda Forever; 80ā‚¬)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20ā‚¬ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary, in most cases these are rounded.
10 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

the wolverine mech is problably there to test the waters, to see if the x men is soļ»æmething that people/children want.

Potentially, with a Disney+ animated series in 2023 I'd be surprised if we did not get another X-Men set for then. Still seems weird they have not done Prof.X officially in Lego.

The mechs are nothing more than a replacement for mighty micros, which had the wolverine and magneto duo.Ā You all are reading way too much into this.

I look forward to eventually getting X-men sets when they return to the MCU but that isnā€™t today.

16 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

The mechs are nothing more than a replacement for mighty micros, which had the wolverine and magneto duo.Ā You all are reading way too much into this.

I look forward to eventually getting X-men sets when they return to the MCU but that isnā€™t today.

well did the magneto and wolverine mighty micros sell well??? because if not that might be the reason why we haven't got any x men sets in a bit, and why they're just now testing the waters again.

( also thank you for bringing the mighty micros to my attention)

the common denominator between all of the small x men sets is wolverine ( of course he's probably the most popular x men) but lego keeps putting out $10 wolverine stuff because they want to see when the right time is to release new x men sets, hell they probably already have the sets designed, they're just waiting for the right time to release them.

SoĀ 76220ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ, 76221, 76222, 76223, 76224, 76225, 76226 and 76230ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ are Marvel sets... What could they be? X Men? Mechs(please no)?

15 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

SoĀ 76220ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ, 76221, 76222, 76223, 76224, 76225, 76226 and 76230ļ»æļ»æļ»æļ»æ are Marvel sets... What could they be? X Men? Mechs(please no)?

Not mechs.

Probably not X-Men.

I hope theyā€™re Disney + sets. I know itā€™s not likely but 8 unknown sets is a lot and we did have sets for what if? So maybe?Ā 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't expect any Disney+ sets. I hate it, but it feels like they abandoned them.

The Disney+ shows have all been a part of the MCU. Between that and the films we're looking at roughly 8 new releases per year. When the Marvel Superheroes line also has to take into account Spider-Man and Avengers/Infinity Saga sets there's only so much they can release in a single year. There comes a point where they need to prioritize which of the new releases is more important. We've seen with Star Wars that Lego has no problem releasing sets based on Disney+ shows but they don't have balance as many new releases and deal with the line competing with itself.

Not to mention there's so much crossover between the characters across different properties that its almost unnecessary to have a set represent every new release. Half the characters from the Disney+ shows still got released last year. The ones that didn't like Kang, Agatha and US Agent are confirmed to return in future media making a Lego release inevitable. Take Ms. Marvel for example - why bother with a set based on her Disney+ show when you know she's going to appear in The Marvels shortly after? She's going to get a minifigure either way, but at least skipping one set means Lego can also have Iron Man or Captain America available in stores.

And let's be realistic for a moment - how much material from the current shows was even worth making a set of in the first place? I've seen people suggest Hawkeye and FATWS both should've gotten a truck chase set, but hasn't everyone here endlessly complained enough about most superheroes sets consisting of boring vehicles? Didn't everyone here swear off from buying the Shang Chi car chase set for that very reason?

One last thing to note is that for all the talk of X-Men can't have sets because they don't sell well, what makes everyone think the likes of Moon Knight, She-Hulk or Echo who are even less familiar to the general public would be any different? Being part of the MCU isn't a guarantee everything based upon it is going to fly off the toy isles. The Eternals have been massive shelf warmers and others such as Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Shang Chi haven't done that great either.

11 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Bro stop expecting X-Men sets.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I wouldn't expect any Disney+ sets. I hate it, but it feels like they abandoned them.

The possibility is certainly there though, With 8 sets releasing easily one or two of them could see Moon-Knight (for example with supernatural creatures / the villain etc)Ā and She-Hulk (Bruce, Abomination etc.). And then holding out on Kamala for the Marvels film.