Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

IMO, the likelihood of the $500.00 setting being another building seems low, assuming the rumor of the sanctum is real. That would be three modular marvel buildings on the shelf at the same time. I'd put money towards it being something non-minifgure scale, either micro-scale/archtecture or replica-sized 'icons' of a sort. Neither of these options interest me much, but better to expect this way and not be disappointed than vice versa.

I seriously think Stark tower seems like the best bet. Sure Avengers tower is in more of the media just Stark has much more in way of play features and can show off two teams (thanks to time heist)

Theres just such a better space for figs over what was covered for AoU

In Avengers you straight up get all these listed characters in the tower at some point in the film or in endgame…

Cap With helmet,

Widow

Hulk

Thor

Hawkeye

Mk7 

Loki

Cap with Hair(Endgame) 

Mk84 

Stark in BlackSabbath Shirt

Stark in Swat

Banner 

AntMan

Rumalo

Sitwell

Pierce

Coulson

Pepper

Then add a few figs like the Waitress, cops, civs and the usual Chitauri and you have a great set! 

if Marvel go super crazy they could include other stuff though like characters from AoS and even takes on the other Netflix characters like a comic iron fist or Luke cage.

I dare to assume that the $500 set is possibly NWH set, namely the Statue of Liberty. But I'm more inclined to believe that this is the Avengers Tower

16 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Marvel didn't make the cut for top 5 selling themes of 2021. That's really surprising to me, what with the Infinity Saga wave, Daily Bugle and sets for Eternals

The eternals sets sold incredibly poorly, man. I'm seeing some of them at literally 50% off at target, which is unheard of. Wouldn't be surprised if they are solely responsible for tanking the wave even if the rest of the stuff sold well.

43 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

how  about an x mansion with all the characters for X-Men ‘97

This is not only based on an animated series, which makes it somewhat dubious that we'd get a set for it, but that series wasn't announced until late last year. Do you really think lego would make a $500 set within 6-8 months of the official announcement of a show? When there's been no indication the show itself is even releasing this year?

2 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

I seriously think Stark tower seems like the best bet. Sure Avengers tower is in more of the media just Stark has much more in way of play features and can show off two teams (thanks to time heist)

I think it's got to be the avengers tower. Seems like the only real option. (also remember that by the time the time heist happens, it's just an A remaining on the tower anyway.)

the Xmen animated series was very popular the new series picks up where that left off and is believed to be sort of a lead in to the xmen in the MCU that coupled with the fact that many have asked for an xmansion in the last several years, and the wolverine mech figure that is coming out, yeah i think it makes it possible.

we are all just making guesses here anyway no reason to be rude about it

Edited by Mattallica

3 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

IMO, the likelihood of the $500.00 setting being another building seems low, assuming the rumor of the sanctum is real. That would be three modular marvel buildings on the shelf at the same time. I'd put money towards it being something non-minifgure scale, either micro-scale/archtecture or replica-sized 'icons' of a sort. Neither of these options interest me much, but better to expect this way and not be disappointed than vice versa.

While there's no guarantee the $500 set is another modular building as its all just speculation at the moment, its not unusual for Lego to release multiple sets in a single year. Cafe Corner and Market Street both came out in 2007 while last year saw the release of the Police Station, Daily Bugle and Spring Lantern Festival.

A big draw for modular buildings is the ability to combine and create a larger city block with them so it is somewhat beneficial to having multiple Marvel themed buildings out on the market at once.

2 hours ago, Ghostcat said:

Doesn't really matter to me if its branded under Stark Tower or Avengers Tower. For all intents and purposes I see it as the same building with minor cosmetic differences.

I'd be happy with a set that is themed around the Chitauri invasion of New York while the interior rooms are a combination of both Stark and Avengers Tower. Having an interchangable logo or top floor would be nice but not a necessity.

36 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

This is not only based on an animated series, which makes it somewhat dubious that we'd get a set for it, but that series wasn't announced until late last year. Do you really think lego would make a $500 set within 6-8 months of the official announcement of a show? When there's been no indication the show itself is even releasing this year?

Being an animated series shouldn't be a factor. We've just had one Marvel modular building based on the comics and another coming up based on the MCU. I don't think the source material really matters beyond being based upon what's popular.

In the case of X-Men 97, a potential set has the advantage of not only tying in with a new release property while the hype is strong (as the Sanctum will be with Multiverse of Madness) but also capitalize on the nostalgia for those who grew up with the original show much like Batman has with D2C sets based upon the 1989 film and 1960's TV series.

I definitely don't see an X-Mansion happening this year, but I wouldn't rule out Lego coming out with something for mid-2023 for when the show airs.

I might be eating my words come fall, but I really have a hard time imagining them releasing three modular marvel buildings so close together.

The only guess that I have that someone else hasn’t said already is a big Iron Man bust. He’s kind of been Lego’s cash cow lately (all those Hulkbusters, mechs, and hall of armors), plus a life size version of his helmet and upper torso with the arc-reactor would fit snugly into that ~$500 range. 

Why is the X-mansion brought up every single time a new D2C set is rumoured? :tongue: The X-Men haven‘t been popular in years thanks to the FoX-Men and the last regular set bombed HARD. Wait for them to join the MCU first

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why is the X-mansion brought up every single time a new D2C set is rumoured? :tongue: The X-Men haven‘t been popular in years thanks to the FoX-Men and the last regular set bombed HARD. Wait for them to join the MCU first

Sorry, which set was that?

15 hours ago, hachiroku said:

I say the X-Mansion, if not the Helicarrier. And if it isn't the Helicarrier neither, maybe a Stark tower as a display set with the Grand Central Station (in mini-scale) and the Park Avenue viaduct to place the minifigures.

I don't know, I see it kind of obvious, because of the Wolverine mech. I think it's very weird that they did a new Wolverine minifig after so many years just for a very small set. And I don't see the Helicarrier being so iconic to have a 500€ set in 2022. It made sense back then, but the last time it appeared was in Age of Ultron and it was just a cameo.

I can see Asgard being very possible, but they already did the Mjolnir.

I agree. The Avengers Mansion is kind of niche (but it would be cool to have minifigs of the 60's Avengers tho). Even if they do a comic book version they still can do the Avengers tower from the comics. It isn't too different from the MCU and they can include a lot of comic book characters (like Wolverine).

There is aleady a X-Men set this year :sceptic:

I think the X Mansion has a better chance than the Baxter Building, by far.

Does Disney has anything to say about the sets that LEGO can release? The Daily Bugle was very comic-inspired, and it even includes characters that Disney doesn't want to use at this moment (the Punisher).

Also, Hasbro has been releasing a lot of X-Men toys in the last few years, including the Haslab Sentinel (which is something like an UCS set for Hasbro).

The thing is is that Hasbro Marvel Legends is aimed towards older Marvel Fans and Comic fans. D2C sets are aimed for both older fans and kids. X-Men doesn't really have the same kind as brand recognition among kids as they did back then. Maybe the new X-Men revival series could change that but I doubt it. Kids only know Wolverine but I don't think Wolverine would be enough to carry a D2C set. I think what LEGO is doing is they're gonna do the Batman approach and just have him and only him as the main focus for a line of sets. A Wolverine line instead of an X-Men line.

38 minutes ago, TMNTerrapin said:

Sorry, which set was that?

30 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

the Deadpool helicopter thing, I think.

No, I mean the Blackbird set :wink:

I swear if the GOTG Holiday Special introduces Santa Claus into the MCU, it would break the internet.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why is the X-mansion brought up every single time a new D2C set is rumoured? :tongue:

Because I want it, against all other logic. The lack of X-Men sets from Lego also makes it an ideal target for getting a lot of new X-Men minifigs (Beast, Mystique, Xavier, etc.)

12 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

I swear if the GOTG Holiday Special introduces Santa Claus into the MCU, it would break the internet.

I think it will.

Either that or She-Hulk will.

5 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

I think it will.

Either that or She-Hulk will.

Imagine Santa Claus beating the s**t out of Thanos for being in the Naughty List.

24 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Because I want it, against all other logic. The lack of X-Men sets from Lego also makes it an ideal target for getting a lot of new X-Men minifigs (Beast, Mystique, Xavier, etc.)

Perfection! My thoughts exactly. Glad I'm not the only one 😄

1 hour ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Because I want it, against all other logic.

Yeah, makes perfect sense :tongue: I suggest stocking a healthy amount of copium :laugh:

11 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

.This is not only based on an animated series, which makes it somewhat dubious that we'd get a set for it, but that series wasn't announced until late last year. Do you really think lego would make a $500 set within 6-8 months of the official announcement of a show? When there's been no indication the show itself is even releasing this year?

The X-men series was announced over a year ago at the Disney thing where they announced Moon Knight. There is time for it to have been made

2 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

The X-men series was announced over a year ago at the Disney thing where they announced Moon Knight. There is time for it to have been made

No it wasn't. 

2 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Ditto this -  there are many key X-Men characters we haven't seen yet in LEGO.  After a gazillion Avengers and Spider-Man sets, one X-Men set can't hurt, right?

17 minutes ago, RobbieHxC said:

Ditto this -  there are many key X-Men characters we haven't seen yet in LEGO.  After a gazillion Avengers and Spider-Man sets, one X-Men set can't hurt, right?

Yeah, my want for an Xmansion is purely selfish rather than a sound marketing or business suggestion. So many Xmen characters we *neeeeeed*

3 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I think that before lego would make new x men comic sets normal in the lego community, then they would have to be introduced beforehand in the MCU, and if we got sets for that( that have x men) THEN lego would make comic x men sets, that way they can see If the MCU sets, that are sure to sell, have a big enough market in order for them to get comic sets. of course, lego knows that most people want new x men sets, but because the previous sets sold so poorly they need to see sufficient sales in the younger market AND were starting to see lego having an interest in having lego x men comic sets, with the wolverine mech, he's a recognizable character in a cheap set, that kids might pick up if they so choose

(of course, this is all speculations and I don't actually have someone on the inside telling me that what i said is correct, this is all speculation from what I've seen lego do and what I would do)

Even if there was some data on popularity/market for X-men, Avengers and Spiderman are still much more popular right now with both kids and adults thanks to the mainstream media, with the latter probably at its highest peak with NWH and Spiderverse in these 2 years if you will.

It makes more sense for them to ride out this wave of popularity as much as possible and then start with the X-men the moment they join the MCU, since there'll be new fans on top of the "veteran" ones who will still be waiting for lego to do more sets on them.

As for the $500 set, my bet is either on a "Definitive" Avengers tower or Asgard