Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

BSL, a reliable leaker said BP2 might swap release dates with The Marvels because the filming won't be over, they still need to shoot in Puerto Rico. 

Yeah, we most likely aren't getting Black Panther this year, nor the LEGO sets.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

On 3/6/2022 at 9:57 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Why would they want them to be differentiated based on colours? It‘s not like they changed the Benatar‘s colour scheme last year either :tongue:

Fair enough, I was going of based on the Daily Bugle D2C being grey

What do you think could be for a Marvel 500€ set? 

Except, as we assume, the Avengers Tower

2 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

BSL, a reliable leaker said BP2 might swap release dates with The Marvels because the filming won't be over, they still need to shoot in Puerto Rico. 

You don't need to be a "reliable leaker" to make a prediction like that

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Fair enough, I was going of based on the Daily Bugle D2C being grey

Tbf, the Bugle is grey in the comics, which the set is based on. 

I would assume they'll change the roof of the Sanctum though. The Infinity War set has a black roof, rather than the greener one seen in that picture (/the films).

3 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Big Wheel D2C

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

Big Wheel D2C

Featuring Stilt Man with life-sized brick built stilts

5 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Other options: Avengers Mansion or the Triskelion

1 hour ago, Buckethead said:

Other options: Avengers Mansion or the Triskelion

The Triskelion would have to be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to potential superhero D2C locations. There's just nothing remotely interesting or iconic about it.

Even Avengers Mansion feels like a fairly niche option to go with that really only appeals to diehard comic book fans. It just doesn't have the same level of public exposure that the Avengers Tower or even the Avengers Compound have.

5 minutes ago, wesker said:

The Triskelion would have to be at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to potential superhero D2C locations. There's just nothing remotely interesting or iconic about it.

Even Avengers Mansion feels like a fairly niche option to go with that really only appeals to diehard comic book fans. It just doesn't have the same level of public exposure that the Avengers Tower or even the Avengers Compound have.

They're just options. If the Sanctum is meant to connect to the Daily Bugle, I tried to focus on buildings in New York. The X-Mansion and the Baxter Building could get made, but Lego hasn't marketed the X-Men or Fantastic Four that much. The Triskelion could feature multiple SHIELD/Captain America supporting characters, and the Avengers Mansion is a popular base for the team. Avengers Compound could work otherwise.

3 hours ago, wesker said:

A $500 helicarrier would be a really cool alternative to the Tower, with the drawback being there was already a smaller D2C.

I wish I was more hyped on the tower. It will probably be a really good build and look cool, but I just dont see a lot of reason to buy it unless youre a diehard Lego or Marvel fan, and havent been collecting Lego Marvel sets the last few years.

11 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Oh boy! ANOTHER Avengers Tower set!

I swear Avengers Tower is gonna become the next Hulkbuster for LEGO Marvel, I tell ya.

3 hours ago, Buckethead said:

They're just options. If the Sanctum is meant to connect to the Daily Bugle, I tried to focus on buildings in New York. The X-Mansion and the Baxter Building could get made, but Lego hasn't marketed the X-Men or Fantastic Four that much. The Triskelion could feature multiple SHIELD/Captain America supporting characters, and the Avengers Mansion is a popular base for the team. Avengers Compound could work otherwise.

The Baxter Building maybe, but I doubt LEGO would ever make an X-Mansion D2C set. They're not as popular as they once were. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

How about Tony Stark’s Malibu Mansion?

Would be very interesting especially if they do the whole underground hall of armor, and honestly I feel it's a good candidate for a future D2C set (next year is IM3's 10th anniversary, or even further in the future if they wanna do some sort of "Iron Man Legacy" type of set).

Marvel didn't make the cut for top 5 selling themes of 2021. That's really surprising to me, what with the Infinity Saga wave, Daily Bugle and sets for Eternals

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I think it'll be more like a standard playset than D2C set. Plus Iron Man doesn't have a lot of villains in the MCU that'll make it worth buying.

17 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Triskelion

I swear you guys always ask either for unreasonable stuff or the most boring thing ever.

Like I don't want to sound mean or anything, but like what's the appeal of random building #3?

7 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

these small and incomplete Iron Man sets make me think of the Star Wars Cantina, in the end we had a great complete set.  I'm sure Lego will give us a big room sooner or later… as for the € 500 set, what do you think of a big Iron Man bust?  It is unexpected and unwanted enough to be considered 😬

Just now, Legocentrico said:

these small and incomplete Iron Man sets make me think of the Star Wars Cantina, in the end we had a great complete set.  I'm sure Lego will give us a big room sooner or later… as for the € 500 set, what do you think of a big Iron Man bust?  It is unexpected and unwanted enough to be considered 😬

I don't know that they would do a $500 bust, but have we considered a "Marvel Icons" set kinda like HP had? It would serve as a good commemoration for the theme and for Avengers, while also having a lot of good builds like the arc reactor, etc. that would display well. 

1 hour ago, PGBQW said:

I swear you guys always ask either for unreasonable stuff or the most boring thing ever.

Like I don't want to sound mean or anything, but like what's the appeal of random building #3?

If you didn't want to sound mean, you probably shouldn't have started off by saying my suggestion is "unreasonable" and "the most boring thing ever."

54 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I don't know that they would do a $500 bust, but have we considered a "Marvel Icons" set kinda like HP had? It would serve as a good commemoration for the theme and for Avengers, while also having a lot of good builds like the arc reactor, etc. that would display well. 

I think they’re doing those as separate sets, like Thor’s hammer and the upcoming Baby Groot, instead of one big set. 

24 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I think they’re doing those as separate sets, like Thor’s hammer and the upcoming Baby Groot, instead of one big set. 

imagine a buildable caps shield, it would It be boring and repetitive but it would look amazing next to the gauntlet and thors hammer 

Took a little bit of a break, seems we've had a few new sets revealed, not only the accessory pack but also two brick sketches of Iron Man and Miles Morales scheduled for release April 1st. Have added them to the list.

The accessory pack I think is 'ok' but it's marketted wrong. Valkyrie is not in her Endgame outfit, so it'd have made more sense to be a Thor Ragnarok accessory pack with the Chitauri perhaps given a cape so he could loosely fill the role as a 'Scavenger' or random alien stranded on Sakaar.

In terms of calling it an Endgame accessory pack, it fails due to Valkyrie not being her final battle Ragnarok/Endgame outfit. I'd rather have seen the Chitauri figure sacrificed in favour of granting Valkyrie a new print.

Otherwise, Thor is 'ok', Korg is 'fine', 'Meik' is a bit disappointing but I'm guessing the descision comes from them scale requirements due to the size they made Meik. Would have worked better advertised as a Ragnarok set.

On 3/7/2022 at 12:36 PM, TurinTheGreat said:

We probably won't see a Thor L&T trailer until after Doctor Strange 2 at this point, this may just be a marketting tactic to keep attention on one property at a time and adjust accordingly. If Thor does get delayed then it'd make more sense to be pushed to late August/September as opposed to November, granted they have placeholders for differing films, but it does not necessarily mean it has to take that slot.

I personally have always been of the opinion that Black Panther 2 will get delayed to February 2023, however it makes no sense for it to result in a swapped release date with Captain Marvel 2. If Black Panther 2 is needing to be pushed back from November to February it'd be much more logical for Disney to simply delay Captain Marvel 2, which is unlikely to be connected to Guardians 3 or Ant-Man 3 enabling them to push Captain Marvel 2 back all the way to late 2023 without impacting build-up to storylines. It'd also allow them to rework that film from the reception of Ms.Marvel.

The only release pushing Captain Marvel 2 back that far would alter is Secret Invasion which was already scheduled for 2023 and could be pushed back a bit (if it occurs after or during) and presumably the new Fantastic Four film, but releasing that in 'early 2024' would work well for marketting purposes and give them more time to plan Phase 5 as a response to what worked and did not work from Phase 4.

I'd lean more towards this schedule:

• Black Panther 2: February 17th, 2023
  • GotG 3: May 5th, 2023
  • Ant-Man 3: July 2023
  • Captain Marvel 2: Late 2023
  • Fantastic Four: Early 2024
On 3/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, oxy220 said:

I would personally dismiss any build based on anything past Phase 3. Other aspects to dismiss would be builds like the Triskellion which just does not have enough interesting elements inside that could be adapted or New Asgard which has just not been shown enough on-screen to warrant a full massive $500 set.

Ignoring Stark/Avengers Tower, some options would be:

Asgard:
In the style of Hogwarts Castle, almost entirely for display though having a few small areas. The main build would be Asgard itself with a rainbow bridge linking to the Himinbjorg. The main room would be the Coronation room however you'd also have smaller areas scattered around. It'd also feature small 'ship' builds to represent the Asgardian flying boats. The design of Asgard is visually interesting enough for a display model but very few rooms have been shown so would fit with the similar style as Hogwarts.

You'd get four included figures: Odin, Frigga, Heimdall and Coronotation Thor with his helmet.

You'd probably get some trophy figures also, though more similar to the Helicarrier as these are more uniquely designed so not a large selection. You'd get 8x Asgardian Guards, Heimdall, Thor and Loki. The later of which would be a nice addition to the pre-existing trophy figures of Hawkeye, Iron Man and Captain America which were released with the Helicarrier.

SHIELD Helicarrier 2.0:
The previous Helicarrier sold at $349.99 / 349.99€. It is highly likely a $500 redesign could improve upon that design. Rather than just a straight-up re-release, updating this set and potentially now including the electric motor would easily justify a bump-up to a $500 price point.

Figures and potential trophy figures would be similar to the previous set, but updated and probably differing heroes provided such as Bruce Banner, Thor and Black Widow as opposed to Captain America, Iron Man and Hawkeye. This allows you to complete the line-up that appeared on the Helicarrier in Avengers. This could also be based on the Helicarriers in Winter Soldier, given we got little representation of that film in Lego form and a big D2C would allow them a shot at exclusive figures.

Malibu Mansion:
While I feel the mansion itself is a bit lacking in detail, it does have a lot of key scenes take place in or under it and it would be an easy method of including a collection of the Iron Man suits and generally help collectors of the suits have a base area in which they could display them.

In terms of exclusive suits, the most obvious would be variations of the MK25 included in the Iron Man 2 workshop set, so we'd be looking at the MK26 and MK29. I'd lean to the inclusion of the MK40 also to allow a complete collection from 37 onwards. The other Iron Man suits we get would probably be those he used in Iron Man 3 or have on display around the Mansion such as the MK42.

Baxter Building OR X-Men Mansion:
Both have potential but face similar challenges that Disney might not want a set released that makes people interested in a franchise they are not currently focused on in films. Arguably X-Men having more potential given Wolverine in recent Lego sets and the addition of Prof.X in the trailers. Either option however would likely have to be comic-inspired given that we don't have a current itteration for them to be based on.

Marvel Icons:
Similar to Harry Potter, we could get a display piece of varying key aspects of the film. Most notably options would be for Captain America's Shield, Arc Reactor, Infinity Stones, perhaps a brick-built Nano Gauntlet to hold them.

---

Updated List:

Spoiler

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 Attack On New Asgard (20€, 159 pcs) Monster build with 3 figures: Gorr, Thor, Mighty Thor
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • 40525: Endgame Battle (Accessory Pack)
  • 40535: Iron Man
  • 40536: Miles Morales

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• SpiderJazz has relayed that Tandnbricks informed them the Infinity Saga Accessory Pack is having an April release
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary

On 3/7/2022 at 3:55 PM, oxy220 said:

I say the X-Mansion, if not the Helicarrier. And if it isn't the Helicarrier neither, maybe a Stark tower as a display set with the Grand Central Station (in mini-scale) and the Park Avenue viaduct to place the minifigures.

I don't know, I see it kind of obvious, because of the Wolverine mech. I think it's very weird that they did a new Wolverine minifig after so many years just for a very small set. And I don't see the Helicarrier being so iconic to have a 500€ set in 2022. It made sense back then, but the last time it appeared was in Age of Ultron and it was just a cameo.

I can see Asgard being very possible, but they already did the Mjolnir.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:29 PM, wesker said:

I agree. The Avengers Mansion is kind of niche (but it would be cool to have minifigs of the 60's Avengers tho). Even if they do a comic book version they still can do the Avengers tower from the comics. It isn't too different from the MCU and they can include a lot of comic book characters (like Wolverine).

On 3/7/2022 at 11:37 PM, Buckethead said:

There is aleady a X-Men set this year :sceptic:

20 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Oh boy! ANOTHER Avengers Tower set!

I swear Avengers Tower is gonna become the next Hulkbuster for LEGO Marvel, I tell ya.

The Baxter Building maybe, but I doubt LEGO would ever make an X-Mansion D2C set. They're not as popular as they once were. 

I think the X Mansion has a better chance than the Baxter Building, by far.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Baxter Building OR X-Men Mansion:
Both have potential but face similar challenges that Disney might not want a set released that makes people interested in a franchise they are not currently focused on in films. Arguably X-Men having more potential given Wolverine in recent Lego sets and the addition of Prof.X in the trailers. Either option however would likely have to be comic-inspired given that we don't have a current itteration for them to be based on.

Does Disney has anything to say about the sets that LEGO can release? The Daily Bugle was very comic-inspired, and it even includes characters that Disney doesn't want to use at this moment (the Punisher).

Also, Hasbro has been releasing a lot of X-Men toys in the last few years, including the Haslab Sentinel (which is something like an UCS set for Hasbro).

Edited by hachiroku