Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

can somebody send me a list of all of the rumored Marvel sets?

Have you checked the first post of this topic?

5 hours ago, EggBoi said:

LEGO is fast at making Thor Love And Thunder sets and Doctor Strange sets yet we still don't have any news for Spider-man NWH.

Also I just realized we're only getting one "X-Men" set and it's just licensed as Wolverine so it's technically not an X-Men set.

What are you even talking about? :jollyroger:

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What are you even talking about? :jollyroger:

They are obviously talking about the me h set with wolverine.

Tgat and the lack of any sets for no way home with the spoiler parts of the film. 

Lego didn't have concept art for the spoiler characters but considering how much of a hit the film has they are inevitable and will come eventually.

18 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

They are obviously talking about the me h set with wolverine.

Tgat and the lack of any sets for no way home with the spoiler parts of the film. 

Lego didn't have concept art for the spoiler characters but considering how much of a hit the film has they are inevitable and will come eventually.

No, he's talking nonsense.

Oh no, how could movies that LEGO got concept arts for over a year before their release have sets, but a movie that LEGO got concept arts two months ago doesn't!

24 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh no, how could movies that LEGO got concept arts for over a year before their release have sets, but a movie that LEGO got concept arts two months ago doesn't!

That is certainly true, but not everyone keeps up with behind the scenes proceedings like that :wink:

I do have to say, the way NWH was handled is pretty unique. Can’t recall any other big budget movie that didn’t give licensees ANY meaty material beforehand *huh* Even Funko is out of the loop, who notoriously pump their pops out at the speed of light

Pretty extreme measures for something that didn’t work out in the end as they couldn’t keep any of it a secret :laugh_hard:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

30 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That is certainly true, but not everyone keeps up with behind the scenes proceedings like that :wink:

I do have to say, the way NWH was handled is pretty unique. Can’t recall any other big budget movie that didn’t give licensees ANY meaty material beforehand *huh* Even Funko is out of the loop, who notoriously pump their pops out at the speed of light

Pretty extreme measures for something that didn’t work out in the end as they couldn’t keep any of it a secret :laugh_hard:

I, for one, appreciated the attempt at secrecy. It was a nice change of pace for me. 

24 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

I, for one, appreciated the attempt at secrecy. It was a nice change of pace for me. 

This. I enjoyed going to the theater having only a vauge outline of an idea of what was to come. I'd be glad if more films took this route.

45 minutes ago, McMurder_them_softly said:

Oh definitely. It’s just a shame it didn’t work out. Avoiding spoilers was a real challenge :head_back:

I actually quite enjoyed the NWH strategy, because we can still be hyped about some aspect of the movie even after we watch it haha

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Oh the irony, because no movie ever has had more leaks than NWH.

The plot leaked literally ten times from different sources. We knew every single plot point.

Not to mention countless leaked images and concept arts, including Andrew in actual 4K.

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The plot leaked literally ten times from different sources. We knew every single plot point.

Not to mention countless leaked images and concept arts, including Andrew in actual 4K.

well, it certainly had numerous leaks here on EB,  mostly from you

Alright, it's veering off topic. And it's veering impolite, from one person in particular.

But let me say, because I think it's important and does become relevant here, just because "things leak" doesn't mean you have to go read them. If you're someone that wants to know every plot point of an anticipated film before it comes out, then sure, in many instances you can go find that information. But for the general public, and even for engaged fans who are on the internet, they can be completely unaware of the leaks.

Sure in the case of No Way Home you would probably have seen rumours that Andrew and Toby were in the movie, but Andrew kept getting asked questions about it for a year by mainstream talk show hosts. As for actual plot details and the circumstances of any character's involvement, you'd only know that if you went and sought out the information, or if some jerk spoiled it for you on a discussion forum where those spoilers don't belong.

That's why we have our no spoiler policy, and even lock the threads ahead of certain major releases, because some people just can't keep it to themselves no matter how many times we tell them.

Please don't respond to me here. Let's move along now.

4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

well, it certainly had numerous leaks here on EB,  mostly from you

That's certainly a very funny comment.

Has the date for the mechs always been April 1 after they were pulled? I swore it was March 1st but maybe I'm totally out of it.

1 hour ago, bradreed715 said:

Has the date for the mechs always been April 1 after they were pulled? I swore it was March 1st but maybe I'm totally out of it.

I think it was always speculated that they would re-release the mechs sometime in the spring but it was pretty much confirmed when retailers started to update/repost their listings for the sets under the new release date. BUT THEN it was even more confirmed for a hard April 1st release when the listing on shop@home was updated

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, he's talking nonsense.

Oh and do explain to me how I'm spouting nonsense when it's very obvious what I'm talking about. If everyone else here can understand what I mean, why can't you?

I can't remember if it's already been mentioned, but is the Sanctum supposed to be modular-esque like the Bugle?

5 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

I can't remember if it's already been mentioned, but is the Sanctum supposed to be modular-esque like the Bugle?

Yes

5 hours ago, EggBoi said:

Oh and do explain to me how I'm spouting nonsense when it's very obvious what I'm talking about. If everyone else here can understand what I mean, why can't you?

What I meant is that comparing movies like Love and Thunder or Doctor Strange is really unfair compared to NWH.

Those are regular MCU movies. Marvel sends LEGO concept arts over a year before they are released, because LEGO usually takes a year and a half to make a set. Not to mention they had even more time because of the delays.

While for NWH, LEGO has seen the stuff we've seen in December. They didn't get anything prior to the movie.

So complaining that we don't have more sets for NWH, which they would have to miraculously develop in two months, while we have sets for movies that they had years to prepare, is rather unlogical :tongue:

3 hours ago, Gremer2 said:

Yes.

Same base, so it actually can connect to Daily Bugle. (Or at least semi-connect, not sure if there are pins in both of those sets.)

7 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Yeah, it was always April. To go along with the Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin mechs I suppose.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What I meant is that comparing movies like Love and Thunder or Doctor Strange is really unfair compared to NWH.

Those are regular MCU movies. Marvel sends LEGO concept arts over a year before they are released, because LEGO usually takes a year and a half to make a set. Not to mention they had even more time because of the delays.

While for NWH, LEGO has seen the stuff we've seen in December. They didn't get anything prior to the movie.

So complaining that we don't have more sets for NWH, which they would have to miraculously develop in two months, while we have sets for movies that they had years to prepare, is rather unlogical :tongue:

Yes.

Same base, so it actually can connect to Daily Bugle. (Or at least semi-connect, not sure if there are pins in both of those sets.)

Yeah, it was always April. To go along with the Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin mechs I suppose.

Then explain Far From Home and Homecoming.

8 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

What do you mean? NWH having a higher level of secrey surrounding it compared to other MCU projects (including the previous two Spidey movies) is a fact, not an opinion :tongue: Licensees didn‘t get any spoilery material beforehand, so of course it will take a while before we see merch based on it

30 minutes ago, EggBoi said:

You still don't understand.

Homecoming or FFH didn't have Tobey, Andrew, and five multiversal villains. They revealed all the concept arts to LEGO, so they could easily make sets.

For NWH, they revealed only Spidey's suits, and Doctor Strange stuff. No multiversal elements at all. That's what they got over a year prior to the movie to work with.

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Some of us don't wish to spoil the movie for ourselves and like to watch it in the cinema.  We don't seek out plot leaks or leaked images.  Almost every spoiler I saw online was from this forum, in particular from you.  Please respect other people's wishes not to have the whole film spoiled for them before they watch it.

2 hours ago, RobbieHxC said:

Some of us don't wish to spoil the movie for ourselves and like to watch it in the cinema.  We don't seek out plot leaks or leaked images.  Almost every spoiler I saw online was from this forum, in particular from you.  Please respect other people's wishes not to have the whole film spoiled for them before they watch it.

Bruh, what does that have to do with what I've said.

I was replying to BrickBob's comment about how there never was a movie where they tried to keep things secret as much as NWH, saying that it's ironic because no movie has ever had more leaks.

No need to make up drama where there isn't any.

10 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

does the buildable baby Groot confirmed to have a collectors plate?

Promobricks said that it comes with a plaque and a brick-built Awesome Mix Volume 2 Mixtape. Fingers crossed for a new Baby Groot figure to go with the plaque like what they did with Grogu but seeing as how Promobricks didn’t say anything about one, I doubt it.