Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

40 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

1 obscure new figure and 2 reused figs plus a few parts. This is what we are used to, since the higher-than-CMF-quality Toys R us minifig packs don't exist anymore. Probably better because only a few folks were able to get them.

I also wonder why Lego doesn't fill the hole for high quality figures that ANYONE can get for a high price. I mean people would pay a lot of money for Iron Man figs with special printing and so on.

Compared to the figure packs we are used to by now this one is pretty far superior though. 5 instead of 3 figures 3 of which are rare. A pretty good build for this alien character and one exclusive figure. It's completely fine to complain or wish for more. But isn't it childish to expect something we just never get and be so upset when - as to be expected - it doesn't happen?

Half the licence-thread postings are about too high expectations. I'm not saying Lego shouldn't up their game. They should! Or at least they should communicate why they don't do - sometimes there are good reasons beyond our knowledge. But don't you understand why many folks here are annoyed about the same cycle repeating itself over and over again? Too high expectations and then bashing what's coming whether it's actually that terrible or not.

A few years ago Ninjago had legitimate "minifig" packs, IIRC. Like not blind bags or anything, literally an expensive minifig and maybe a tiny build?? (Correct me on this because I don't pay attention to Ninjago). I don't see why they can't do this for desirable figs like... Falcon/Cap America for example. It was such a great fig that I'm sure it would have sold on it's own. Maybe the money in people buying CMF packs and failing to get the ones they want is disproportionately more profitable.

2 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

its America Chavez 

It's not, it's a different character. Images on IG.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

oh boy...another trip on this old merry go round. no thanks.

Lol sorry everyone I didn’t mean to criticize people who dislike the set. I thought the accessory set was perfect, but I should have worded it better. Apologies again! 

Edited by hvader

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

so with Rintrah being shown heavily around at toy companies, do you all think Rintrah could be in the sanctum set?

I was just coming on here to say that, i think its very likely, I wonder when we will see images of this set im super excited for it

I think the minifigure pack does what it's supposed to. Good value for what you get, and even a varient that been asked for. In context of the pack is makes sense to include Thor, but I'd have rathered a different avenger, as we already had two versions of him in the regular sets infinity saga sets, plus we're getting two new, but similar versions (using the same head) in the new Mjolnir set and in the L&T sets. I love Thor, he's my favorite avenger, but a little more diversity would've been nice. Overall though 8/10.

It's going to be quite interesting to see what the final roster of the Sanctum will end up being. There's now 4 potential strange variants (Zombie, Defender, Sinister and the new one), plus alot of interesting choices for that ninth figure (both spoiler and not). As others have said, from a purely design perspective, Rintrah would be pretty cool.

If Lego has taught me anything, it's not going to be Rintrah, simply because Rintrah would be awesome.

Then again, having an exclusive figure (with a new mold?!) would make this set a "must have" for a lot of people.

1 minute ago, bricksandabear said:

If Lego has taught me anything, it's not going to be Rintrah, simply because Rintrah would be awesome.

Then again, having an exclusive figure (with a new mold?!) would make this set a "must have" for a lot of people.

If we do get Rintrah he will use the old Minotaur mold, which honestly work well.

32 minutes ago, Hulk_Smash said:

If we do get Rintrah he will use the old Minotaur mold, which honestly work well.

Agree that would probably be the case, though I imagine even using that mold in green would be a bit of a challenge, I hope they do, and if not, I hope it's an equally cool character. Regardless, just being another Marvel Modular makes the Sanctum my most anticipated set of the year (unless we do get avengers tower or something)

So are we still confident the 500 set is gonna be an avengers tower? A massive Asgard set that has characters and landmarks that span through the whole infinity saga sounds great to me. We could get characters we have been missing out on. It would tie in with the love and thunder stuff we are getting. It’s starting to make more sense for it to be that.

Kisha (Kishalego) in Youtube posted an early inhand look for Gorr the God Butcher he also made an upgrades for the figure on how it will look much better. 

2 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So are we still confident the 500 set is gonna be an avengers tower? A massive Asgard set that has characters and landmarks that span through the whole infinity saga sounds great to me. We could get characters we have been missing out on. It would tie in with the love and thunder stuff we are getting. It’s starting to make more sense for it to be that.

Stark tower makes the most sense , moreso than Avengers Tower. New asgard would be a very hard sell for a $500 set.

24 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Stark tower makes the most sense , moreso than Avengers Tower. New asgard would be a very hard sell for a $500 set.

I doubt New Asgard will ever happen as more than like a 30$ set, much less a D2C. I think it’s possible we see a just regular Asgard 300$ set down the line, but I’m not sure it has the general appeal a tower would, especially considering this will probably be the biggest Marvel set of all time.

I love the idea of a tower, but a new sanctum and tower in the same year would kill me! The Bugle really got me into modular buildings, and I would love to continue to add to it, but can't they space them out! :classic:

39 minutes ago, Ghostcat said:

Well no not new Asgard. The old one, the golden city. One can only dream I guess

7 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

We never were, as it was just speculation.

10 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

It’s starting to make more sense for it to be that

I mean, maybe it would be cool? But like we have 0 reasons to believe it would happen

Didn't know they were still a thing, but I absolutely love the new Brick Sketches.

Miles' hood is so well done, Iron Man is amazing too.

18 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

It's the tenth anniversary of not only Avengers 2012 but also the Marvel Superheroes theme as a whole, which started with Avengers 2012 sets. That is one reason many believe $500 to be an anniversary D2C that is themed around Avengers 2012... and the most likely thing at that pricepoint is Stark Tower.

1 hour ago, doclord said:

It's the tenth anniversary of not only Avengers 2012 but also the Marvel Superheroes theme as a whole, which started with Avengers 2012 sets. That is one reason many believe $500 to be an anniversary D2C that is themed around Avengers 2012... and the most likely thing at that pricepoint is Stark Tower.

Id rather an Avengers compound to an Avenegrs Tower but i think the tower is more realsitic

4 hours ago, mgetz said:

Id rather an Avengers compound to an Avenegrs Tower but i think the tower is more realsitic

Agreed completely, I think the problem is that the tower is just a lot more iconic. There aren't a ton of big scenes at the compound, and by far the most famous one is the final battle of Endgame, where the whole thing is destroyed. Though now that I think of it, it would be pretty funny if we got a Endgame final battle diorama in the same vein as the Hoth UCS set that everyone hates.

LEGO is fast at making Thor Love And Thunder sets and Doctor Strange sets yet we still don't have any news for Spider-man NWH.

Also I just realized we're only getting one "X-Men" set and it's just licensed as Wolverine so it's technically not an X-Men set.

2 hours ago, EggBoi said:

LEGO is fast at making Thor Love And Thunder sets and Doctor Strange sets yet we still don't have any news for Spider-man NWH.

This is just a matter of what concept art was given to companies for the movies. The Thor and DS sets have been in the works for a while based off concept art, just as the NWH suits and set were based off concept art when those sets released in October. These aren’t sudden new sets they designed in lieu of NWH stuff. 
It’s likely more NWH-related sets will come, but we’ll see.