Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

If the Sanctum Sanctorum is released on Lego in May, I can't imagine there'll be any major spoiler characters that won't be advertised in trailers and promos. The ninth unknown Minifigure, and maybe Iron Man and Spider-Man, could be a version of someone not in the film, like with the NWH sets featuring Vulture; otherwise, here's a list of confirmed or supposed characters who could make up the unknown ninth Minifigure:

Confirmed: America Chavez, Christine Palmer, Rintrah

Spoiler

Characters hinted at: Clea, Professor X, Captain Carter, Captain Marvel, Ultron Sentry

8 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

If the Sanctum Sanctorum is released on Lego in May, I can't imagine there'll be any major spoiler characters that won't be advertised in trailers and promos. The ninth unknown Minifigure, and maybe Iron Man and Spider-Man, could be a version of someone not in the film, like with the NWH sets featuring Vulture; otherwise, here's a list of confirmed or supposed characters who could make up the unknown ninth Minifigure:

Confirmed: America Chavez, Christine Palmer, Rintrah

Hide contents

Characters hinted at: Clea, Professor X, Captain Carter, Captain Marvel, Ultron Sentry

Falcon Fan has pointed out on insta a few times that the movie was delayed for a while, and could explain the presence of spoilers.

Considering how the second trailer spoiled some big things, I don’t think Marvel studios is handling the movie like Sony did with NWH. They could have sent out toy designs for characters like Professor X. Meanwhile Hasbro and LEGO didn’t even receive designs for the NWH villains because Sony was so obsessed with spoilers.

Edited by doclord

8 minutes ago, doclord said:

Considering how the second trailer spoiled some big things, I don’t think Marvel studios is handling the movie like Sony did with NWH. They could have sent out toy designs for characters like Professor X. Meanwhile Hasbro and LEGO didn’t even receive designs for the NWH villains because Sony was so obsessed with spoilers.

Concept art of Patrick Stewart and the Ultron sentries leaked long before the trailer so at least we know the concept art exists for Lego to work from. 

6 hours ago, Caps Beard said:

Calling it now.

Botanical x Marvel UCS Buildable Baby Groot in a Pot :wink:

well u got pretty close lol

11 minutes ago, doclord said:

Falcon Fan has pointed out on insta a few times that the movie was delayed for a while, and could explain the presence of spoilers.

Yeah. I'm only suggesting that if there are spoiler characters, they'll probably be characters hinted at in the promotional material. Professor X isn't confirmed and would be a spoiler character, but I think there's little denying that that was Patrick Stewart's voice in the trailer. Even if Marvel hasn't outright said it's Professor X, Marvel probably realizes that people who watch the trailer will assume that's Professor X. So he would be both be a spoiler character and someone advertised in the promotional material.

Edited by Buckethead

Some cool things here for sure. The Sanctum sounds great, but I'm not sure if I'll end up getting it; I'll probably decide once we see pictures. I like the sounds of the new Hall of Armor addition, though the price makes no sense and seems like it'd have to be an error (not on Promobricks' behalf, but rather an error on the catalogue they are using).

Edited by Meadius
Minor clarification

3 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Some cool things here for sure. The Sanctum sounds great, but I'm not sure if I'll end up getting it; I'll probably decide once we see pictures. I like the sounds of the new Hall of Armor addition, though the price makes no sense and seems like it'd have to be an error (not on Promobricks' behalf, but rather an error on the catalogue they are using).

Nope, the retailers have also had that price.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

What do you guys think about Mark 25/ Striker? Do you think arms gonna be a new mold? 

However they handle MK 25 Striker it opens the potential for an eventual repaint into MK 26 Gamma or MK 29 Fiddler - which is useful. I'd personally expect them to do some form of item they can hold, similar to the 'minifigure gauntlets pieces'.

Found images that might be how it is handled, spoiler tagged for space;

Spoiler

From the games, probably something like this piece:
hqdefault.jpg

A knock-off did this and it works well:
33a8e685067a7eda440f9ac5eae8ad34.jpg

Or the lazy option:
original.jpg?1562683523

23 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I like the sounds of the new Hall of Armor addition, though the price makes no sense and seems like it'd have to be an error (not on Promobricks' behalf, but rather an error on the catalogue they are using).

19 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Nope, the retailers have also had that price.

The price is weird, but for 7 figures and 496 pieces, I can see the figures being used to justify it - especially if they get new moulds either for the arms of Striker, the Jetpack for the MK 85 (Or whatever that figure is if the MK 85 is a placeholder) and/or Whiplash's whips.

47 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I can't imagine there'll be any major spoiler characters that won't be advertised in trailers and promos. -snip-

Breaking down the options

Spoiler

We have:

• America Chavez was released in the set with Gargantos/Shuma Gorath so no need for another figure of her
  • Christine Palmer and Clea are seemingly either the same body or variants of one another, so if we get a figure of one it could serve for the other
  • Rintrah seems unlikely due to his nature likely requiring a new head/helmet mould.
  • Prof X has potential, though admittedly he's got a fairly generic look which would work for budget while being a fan favourite and focus of the new trailer
  • Captain Carter already has had a release in the What If line-up
  • Captain Marvel is the Captain Marvel costume with a Monica Rambeua head and we have Captain Marvel 2 coming out and a What If Figure for her, so no need.
  • Ultron Sentry is fairly generic, but the design has clearly changed between concept art and the movie so if we get a figure for the Ultron Sentry it'd probably be inaccurate.

I'd lean mostly towards Prof X, he's fairly generic looking but he'll probably be the most recognisable fan favourite character who appears in the movies and the generic nature would allow the focus to be put on the other figures who need more detailing.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH:

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 (Love and Thunder; 20€, 159 pcs)
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • ?: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€) April ?

MAY:

• 76218: Sanctum Sanctorum ($210/220€, 2708 pcs) - 9 figures including Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wanda, Mordo, Wong, Spider-man, Iron Man and an unknown 9th figure

JUNE:

• 76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop ($90/90€, 496 pcs) - 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85
  • 76217: Baby Groot ($55/50€, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• SpiderJazz has relayed that Tandnbricks informed them the Infinity Saga Accessory Pack is having an April release
  • Currency listings are taken from a variety of sources and may vary
Edited by Scarilian

Why did I somewhere still have the hope that it would be Moon Knight / Disney+ related. So glad it's *checks notes* again Iron Man and Groot...

I am very very excited for the Sanctum! That is definitely going next to Diagon Alley, though I will probably wait for it to be sold by other retailers so that I can get it for a slight discount - I was able to get the Medieval Forge for £100 which I was very chuffed about 

I don't think Professor X will be in this set though because surely if there was a figure in a wheelchair build then Promobricks would have been able to tell? I think the last figure will be either version of Christine Palmer (or Clea if that character is played by a completely different actress). 

Also Just2Good just put out a video and I always enjoy his content but he seems way WAY too sure that Toby Maguire Spider-Man is going to be in the Sanctum when that's something I think it actually quite unlikely. The important thing at this stage is to keep our expectations in check IMO. 

So looking forward to the Sanctum. I'm fine with the smaller amount of figures as well; as I said previously, give me Strange and Wong and I'm happy as long as the build is good. 

I just hope Wong gets a new face, something that captures his likeness more than the current one. 

With this year bringing us the Sanctum and presumably Avengers Tower, I wonder what D2C sized minifigure playset for Marvel we might potentially see next.  I imagine it'll be a few years before LEGO would try doing a D2C X-Mansion or Baxter Building, so my best guess would be either an Oscorp Tower for the comic-based Spider-Man line, or an Infinity Saga Asgard that includes details from the first three Thor movies.  Either way, I'll almost certainly be picking up the Sanctum, as while I have the Infinity War version, I imagine this new one will be a considerable upgrade.

I'm probably be skipping the buildable baby Groot, as the only thing that would appeal to me is a minifigure scale Baby Groot that is in dark tan instead of reddish brown, but it doesn't sound like one is included.

I'm really glad we're getting an Iron Man 2 set, and finally getting the Mark 4, as well as Whiplash Mark 1 and War Machine Mark 1.  Mark 25 is also cool to get, though I hope Mark 85 is a placeholder for something else as Promobricks seems to speculate, as we just got that in two sets last year.  Ideally it would be another Iron Legion armor we haven't gotten, but I could also see it being the Mark 42 from the new mech set.  I'm hoping this won't be the only Iron Man 2 set we ever get, as I would definitely buy a Stark Expo set if it had Whiplash Mark 2 and the four Hammer Drone types.

30 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I am very very excited for the Sanctum! That is definitely going next to Diagon Alley, though I will probably wait for it to be sold by other retailers so that I can get it for a slight discount - I was able to get the Medieval Forge for £100 which I was very chuffed about 

I don't think Professor X will be in this set though because surely if there was a figure in a wheelchair build then Promobricks would have been able to tell? I think the last figure will be either version of Christine Palmer (or Clea if that character is played by a completely different actress). 

Also Just2Good just put out a video and I always enjoy his content but he seems way WAY too sure that Toby Maguire Spider-Man is going to be in the Sanctum when that's something I think it actually quite unlikely. The important thing at this stage is to keep our expectations in check IMO. 

Exactly what I said on this forum last week but everyone was telling me I’m wrong and wouldn’t even consider that the figures aren’t going to be Tobey Spider-Man and Tom Cruise Iron Man. Just don’t come crying when they’re not is all I’m saying

2 hours ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Concept art of Patrick Stewart and the Ultron sentries leaked long before the trailer so at least we know the concept art exists for Lego to work from. 

Not concept art but Pre-viz images from a computer screen. Doubt those were sent to toy companies

48 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

That's what I suspected when I read Promobrick's article. If they believe Iron Man and Spider-Man are placeholders, I assumed they saw some preliminary images of the Sanctorum, so I'm guessing the ninth character lacks any major distinguishing features like a giant floating yellow chair. There was some concept art that leaked about a year ago that featured a character visually similar to Clea, so I suspect her, but Dr. Palmer may be also. 

Edited by Buckethead

I was hoping the Sanctum would be a baseplate and a half corner building. As its 32 baseplate I hope the corner bit doesn't include street to the side as that makes the building even smaller and Id have guessed the staircase on the ground floor would be tiny if the building only takes 22-24 studs. I hope theres a mechanism or modular replacement option for the stairs for the Bruce Banner/Silver Surfer to crash into them even if those figures aren't included and its not based on Infinity War.

The markup on the iron man armour is clearly an indication of how well the past 2 sold and what Lego think they can get away with. Its worse than Mandalorian tax on the N1 ship!

The sanctum has benefits of fitting in with the modular Creator line, with its beautiful window design,  this set will move well with other theme collectors. 

This is a good move by Lego.  

So keen to finally get some new armours, especially the OG War Machine. HOPEFULLY we do get some Cap TFA and Winter Soldier products (the Winter Soldier polybag is also comic inspired so I don't count it). so many new figs. Gonna have a ball fitting them on my displays once I get them all.

2 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

Exactly what I said on this forum last week but everyone was telling me I’m wrong and wouldn’t even consider that the figures aren’t going to be Tobey Spider-Man and Tom Cruise Iron Man. Just don’t come crying when they’re not is all I’m saying

Right now it’s really hard to determine. While your theory make sense,  we know for a fact that this set will be based and a tie-in into Multiverse of Madness. 

They can incorporate other elements that takes place into the Sanctum Sanctorum if this was simply an Infinity Saga set. While, I don’t believe that it will be Tom Cruise - Ironman, and Tobey - Spiderman the possibility is there. But until we don’t have a concrete information that they are appearing, I wouldn’t be so sure, these are all just leaks that it isn’t really given a solid proof in subreddit. 

Heck those figures can be a place holder because they can be Ironman RDJ and Spidey Tom Holland from a different universe in the movie. Ya, know possibility is all there. It’s fun to speculate but I don’t think we can all agree that there is a solid proof of what version of those figures are gonna be included. 

9 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Right now it’s really hard to determine. While your theory make sense,  we know for a fact that this set will be based and a tie-in into Multiverse of Madness. 

They can incorporate other elements that takes place into the Sanctum Sanctorum if this was simply an Infinity Saga set. While, I don’t believe that it will be Tom Cruise - Ironman, and Tobey - Spiderman the possibility is there. But until we don’t have a concrete information that they are appearing, I wouldn’t be so sure, these are all just leaks that it isn’t really given a solid proof in subreddit. 

Heck those figures can be a place holder because they can be Ironman RDJ and Spidey Tom Holland from a different universe in the movie. Ya, know possibility is all there. It’s fun to speculate but I don’t think we can all agree that there is a solid proof of what version of those figures are gonna be included. 

I generally agree with your points. I feel as if with the set releasing so close to the film, there wouldn't be any major spoiler characters. Iron Man and Spider-Man being in the film would be major spoilers if true. I think the most likely scenario is that this set will be like the NWH sets and the upcoming Hall of Armor set in which it'll include characters not in the movie simply for marketing purposes (Vulture in NWH and Mark 85 in the Hall of Armor).

Every other character we know to be in the set has already been confirmed by Marvel through promos and merchandise.

Maybe that green minotaur from the trailer? He dresses like a sanctum sorcerer, so he could make sense here, and I think they could get away with using the existing minotaur head in green. 

Rintrah is his name, though that minotaur part may have been discontinued, but even then it'd be cheaper than a new part as they have the design even if they don't have the physical part.

Comparison in the spoiler....

Spoiler

col088.jpg7 New Doctor Strange 2 Posters Feature Scarlet Witch, Rintrah & More

3 hours ago, spiderfan2000 said:

With this year bringing us the Sanctum and presumably Avengers Tower, I wonder what D2C sized minifigure playset for Marvel we might potentially see next.  I imagine it'll be a few years before LEGO would try doing a D2C X-Mansion or Baxter Building, so my best guess would be either an Oscorp Tower for the comic-based Spider-Man line, or an Infinity Saga Asgard that includes details from the first three Thor movies.  Either way, I'll almost certainly be picking up the Sanctum, as while I have the Infinity War version, I imagine this new one will be a considerable upgrade.

I don't think an X-Mansion is out of the question. If anything I think it has a stronger chance of happening next year due to the X-Men Animated Series revival hitting Disney Plus. It has the advantage of both tying in with a new release while the brand is relevant again while also targeting older audiences who grew up with the original series.

I'm sure someone will bring up how the past two retail sets didn't sell well with kids, but we're talking about an 18+ D2C that's generally aimed more towards older builders anyway.

22 minutes ago, wesker said:

I don't think an X-Mansion is out of the question. If anything I think it has a stronger chance of happening next year due to the X-Men Animated Series revival hitting Disney Plus. It has the advantage of both tying in with a new release while the brand is relevant again while also targeting older audiences who grew up with the original series.

I'm sure someone will bring up how the past two retail sets didn't sell well with kids, but we're talking about an 18+ D2C that's generally aimed more towards older builders anyway.

I'd forgotten about the X-men TaS revival news, I started watching it Disney plus before the news dropped and to be honest I didn't find it to be to my liking, I'd heard good things about it but it definitely disappointed. I think I'd prefer a brand new Xmen show.

But regardless of it's inspiration an X-mansion would definitely catch my eye, I do think they might wait for X-men to be more in the public eye first, the show is one thing but MCU X-men would be another. 

45 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

I'd forgotten about the X-men TaS revival news, I started watching it Disney plus before the news dropped and to be honest I didn't find it to be to my liking, I'd heard good things about it but it definitely disappointed. I think I'd prefer a brand new Xmen show.

The original was broadcasted and targeted toward children, but I heard the revival will be targeted toward a more mature audience. It definitely won't be R-rated, but an 18+ X-Mansion isn't too far out of consideration.