Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

23 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Found this description in a discord group, could it be legit?

Space sharks always seemed to be popping up in the Jason Aaron comics where Gorr and Jane Foster-Thor showed up. Sounds plausible that they would go all in on that for the movie (and thus, the Lego set). 

43 minutes ago, TurinTheGreat said:

Oh wow, if this is true... :wub_drool:

A Space Shark with Zeus? Oh boy yeah.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

The run on sentences with multiple "ands" make me somewhat skeptical of the authenticity of that description, though I haven't paid close attention to LEGO's copy writing of late to see if they have routinely sunk to that level.

The subject matter and included figures sound plausible enough, though.

Sounds fishy to me *ba-dum dish* :tongue:

And if it’s true, looks like they‘ve jumped the shark!

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I suspect it's a fake. A few of the sentences are repetitive, and the context sounds odd. Thor and Zeus team up to fight a Space Shark, but they also need to stop Gorr? Do the space sharks belong to Gorr? Or is Gorr just there for some reason?

4 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sounds fishy to me *ba-dum dish* :tongue:

And if it’s true, looks like they‘ve jumped the shark!

Get out. 

3 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I suspect it's a fake. A few of the sentences are repetitive, and the context sounds odd. Thor and Zeus team up to fight a Space Shark, but they also need to stop Gorr? Do the space sharks belong to Gorr? Or is Gorr just there for some reason?

I mean I also think it's fake but LEGO usually doesn't think of these things when making sets

7 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Going off the description Gorr rides the space-shark. 

2 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

76207 | LEGO® Thor: Love and Thunder The Space Shark™ Attack | $19.99 | 159 Pieces

Deep in the nebula of space comes the Space Shark™! Containing iconic characters from Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder movie makes LEGO® Marvel The Space Shark™ Attack (76207) an ideal gift for kids aged 8 and up.

Prepare Thor to fight the Space Shark™ with the help of Zeus and stop Gorr. The set includes 3 minifigures – Thor, Zeus and Gorr – and weapons such as Gorr's Dark Sword and Zeus's Lightning and including Thor’s Stormbreaker axe. The Space Shark™ has multiple points of articulation and a saddle for Gorr and lasers for the cannon.

For extra construction fun, the free LEGO Building Instructions app contains intuitive, digital visualization tools, including zoom and rotate.

To be fair, this is crazy enough to be real

If this is accurate I do wonder what justifies the 30 dollar price point on Gargantos Showdown, and this being 20, despite having the same amount of figures and a creature

The reveal teased by promobricks turns out to be a new Eiffel Tower :shrug_confused: No idea why they teased it like that then. It‘s not like we had fake rumours about 18+ sets :tongue:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

21 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The reveal teased by promobricks turns out to be a new Eiffel Tower :shrug_confused: No idea why they teased it like that then. It‘s not like we had fake rumours about 18+ sets :tongue:

They did just say that they are planning to reveal Marvel news tomorrow though :shrug_oh_well:

Promobricks started new countdown, also teasing that Marvel might be tomorrow. Additionally, judging by the emoji "tree" it might have something to do with Groot

2 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

They did just say that they are planning to reveal Marvel news tomorrow though :shrug_oh_well:

Well they didn't say it. More like implied it

Edited by Flixter

21 minutes ago, Flixter said:

Promobricks started new countdown, also teasing that Marvel might be tomorrow. Additionally, judging by the emoji "tree" it might have something to do with Groot

Well they didn't say it. More like implied it

Or Yggdrasil?

Just when I thought the Thor sets couldn't get any better, we get the Space Shark. This should be real since Taika said he’s including Space Sharks in the movie??

Biggest thing about leaked descriptions like that. That looks like it should directly from a website so if it’s real the website should easily be able to be linked 

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Biggest thing about leaked descriptions like that. That looks like it should directly from a website so if it’s real the website should easily be able to be linked 

If it’s real when can we expect to see pics?

I hope the set is real, the guy who posted the original one deleted it on discord. I am tired of fake leaks after reading those mr no leaks, truly a bad guy imo. I hope we get a set list soon from promobricks who are reliable. 

Edited by TurinTheGreat

6 hours ago, TurinTheGreat said:

76207 | LEGO® Thor: Love and Thunder The Space Shark™ Attack | $19.99 | 159 Pieces

Deep in the nebula of space comes the Space Shark™! Containing iconic characters from Marvel Studios’ Thor: Love and Thunder movie makes LEGO® Marvel The Space Shark™ Attack (76207) an ideal gift for kids aged 8 and up.

Prepare Thor to fight the Space Shark™ with the help of Zeus and stop Gorr. The set includes 3 minifigures – Thor, Zeus and Gorr – and weapons such as Gorr's Dark Sword and Zeus's Lightning and including Thor’s Stormbreaker axe. The Space Shark™ has multiple points of articulation and a saddle for Gorr and lasers for the cannon.

For extra construction fun, the free LEGO Building Instructions app contains intuitive, digital visualization tools, including zoom and rotate.

Laser shark? Lmao this movie is gonna be crazy xD

I’m more intrigued to what Promobricks news gonna bring than this alleged leaked description to be honest. 

Whatever is Promobricks gonna tackle is going to be 99.9% real.

The Goat Boat I think is 'ok', in theory it gives you the primary characters of the movie all in one set. Maybe I'm just not sold as much on the characters or how they look this time around. I think this would have appealed more to me if it was based on Thor: The Dark World with its ship with Thor, Loki, Fandral, Jane and an Asgardian Gaurd.

Gorr is sadly the weakest part of the figure line-up. He looks really lame and generic, perhaps it's based on concept art, perhaps this is just how he looks in the film... but the design sucks. No Hood, no Head Tails, just fairly bland. I would have liked Thor to have his gaunlets represented somehow, I feel his overly detailed design needs them and without them it emphasises how plain the arms look and I think finding replacement arms will be tricky - though options do exist.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH:

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 (Love and Thunder; 20€, 159 pcs)
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle
  • ?: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€) April ?

MAY:

• 76218 ($210, 2708 pcs) - Releasing online in May/June? and August to retailers (Possibly Sanctum Sanctorum rumored to include Iron Man, Spider-man, Wanda, Mordo, Dr Strange, Defender Strange and Supreme Strange)

JUNE:

• 76216 ($90, 496 pcs)
  • 76217 ($55, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• (Hulkbuster D2C; 250€) - potentially 76218 given the description which implied a set of a similar price with around 2,500 bricks
  • 30443: Spider-man Bridge Battle Polybag
  • 76210 (500€ D2C) Marvel

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• 76209 has been reconfirmed to be Marvel, despite reports from leakers otherwise, and is Thor's Hammer Mjölnir
  • 76215 at one stage was listed as the Hulkbuster.
  • 76218 is claimed to not be the Hulkbuster by Falconfan1414
  • SpiderJazz has relayed that Tandnbricks informed them the Infinity Saga Accessory Pack is having an April release
3 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I’m more intrigued to what Promobricks news gonna bring than this alleged leaked description to be honest. 

We have around 14 hours or so to go until the next Promobricks drop of information, I'm not sure it'll be Marvel, but it may be worth checking back.

When Promobricks eventually does get around to the Marvel stuff, chances are it'll be the following (In order of likelihood)

1. Information regarding 76207, Thor L&T set scheduled for April
  2. Set numbers and potentially prices to Summer sets without names or descriptions
  3. More information on the IW Hulkbuster which they first reported on and mentioned as being 76215, release date is unknown so we could get an update (Perhaps we'll be lucky and get it before the 76218)
  4. Confirmation of 76218 as being the Sanctum/description of the set, which is releasing in May
  5. Description for the Infinity War accessory pack which is apparently in April
  6. Details of the Summer wave, including names and/or vague descriptions of figures/builds
  7. Hints/Name/Teasers/Confirmation regarding the $500 76210

I'm still leaning towards 76210 being Avengers/Stark Tower, followed by a series of Summer Legacy sets. We'll probably have something display worthy related to Captain America also as we have Thor's Hammer (Thor) and IW Hulkbuster (Iron Man). Other things I am expecting us to get at some point this year include a Spider-man Bust (To go alongside Venom & Carnage) and perhaps a Stark OR Iron Man Gauntlet to display alongside the Infinity Gauntlet. I also would not be entirely surprised if we get some non-mcu related Spider-man sets and potentially more of those Marvel Monster Hunt tie-in things.

Edited by Scarilian