Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Definitely one of my favourite Marvel sets ever.

Minifigures are all incredible. Four out of five have leg printing? Wow. Valkyrie and Korg also look amazing. As for Gorr, I think they should've included his hood. Looks empty without it.

The boat itself is perfect. Wow, what a build. Goats are... not too good. I don't like how many holes they have, in their torsos and legs.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Look closely and it looks like storm breaker is built differently. Specifically it has a cylindrical end now. I see that it’s stored at the front of the boat. Maybe it’s how they travel? Storm breaker does let Thor travel with the bifrost so that would make sense. Or it’s just a storage feature lol

I just noticed that! It looks so much better now. A lot more imposing. 

Edit: (There's a clearer image on the back of the box in the bottom corner for anyone interested)

Edited by SEmrys

1 hour ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Look closely and it looks like storm breaker is built differently. Specifically it has a cylindrical end now. I see that it’s stored at the front of the boat. Maybe it’s how they travel? Storm breaker does let Thor travel with the bifrost so that would make sense. Or it’s just a storage feature lol

This new design is so much better than the last one. I'm still surprised they didn't change it for the Endgame legacy wave

33 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Curious to see what will be in the smaller set if all the main characters are in this set.

Not sure if she is confirmed or only rumoured for the film, but Sif could be a possibility. And hopefully punk rock 80s Thor

Damn, that is one spectacular set!
The boat looks like a fun little build, and the brick-built goats look cool, too.
The minifigures are amazing, and the new Stormbreaker looks fantastic :wub: 

Not sure if I'll get this set, yet, though, despite the lack of any downsides.
I'll wait and see what the other T:LaT set looks like :sweet: 

Regards,
Mitch

Can't wait to see the other set. It's really hard to say what it'll include, since all the main characters are already present in the bigger one.

I definitely hope they include Thor in his red jacket outfit. Could this be a set that includes Guardians? I have no idea what else they could do.

I wouldn't mind 80s Thor in the second set but part of me doubts we'll get multiple new figures in the smaller one. I'm assuming Thor will be a repeat (and maybe Mighty Thor) but I'm hoping we get Sif. 

Goat boat looks great. Love that it looks like a full-on viking ship, and that it's got all the most important characters. Gorr's weapon is interesting, for obvious reasons, but if it is what I think it is, a new mold would have been nice, but not essential. I like the goats too, always prefer brick-built creatures, and I think they were done pretty well. For $50 this is an absolute steal, if I like the film I'm definately getting the set.

3 hours ago, Leggomyleggo said:

Is it this piece in Reddish Brown (which would make it new in that colour)?

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=66909&idColor=65#T=S&O={"ss":"UK","iconly":0}

50 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

I thought it was the telescope piece but I think you’re right! That’s exciting. 

It looks like the telescope to me.

I'm not surprised but slightly disappointed that Valkyrie isn't in the new medium brown rather than nougat. I think the new medium brown is a better match for her, but it's going to take time for LEGO to roll it out I'm sure.

New Stormbreaker build definitely uses telescope piece instead of Monkey kid hilt in reddish brown. Another missed opportunity for Lego. I still prefer that custom build for Stormbreaker using 3l bar. I seriously don't understand why Lego can't use that fan design for Stormbreaker as it's superior to Legos designs.

22 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

It looks like the telescope to me.

I'm not surprised but slightly disappointed that Valkyrie isn't in the new medium brown rather than nougat. I think the new medium brown is a better match for her, but it's going to take time for LEGO to roll it out I'm sure.

you mean the new skin colour used for Harry Potter sets? As soon as I saw they did a different colour, my first thought was that it would fit her skin tone much better.

2 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

New Stormbreaker build definitely uses telescope piece instead of Monkey kid hilt in reddish brown. Another missed opportunity for Lego. I still prefer that custom build for Stormbreaker using 3l bar. I seriously don't understand why Lego can't use that fan design for Stormbreaker as it's superior to Legos designs.

for some reason they hold off on using new molds for a while. Like the mentioned staff piece could have been used so many times already - for Darth Mauls lightsaber hilt.

Gorr really doesn’t look accurate even to the set photos. No hood, no leg print and the head is gray rather than white. It looks pretty bad idk why people are saying it’s accurate to the set photos. Just the torso maybe. It’s not a hard design to get right and with the gray head and no hood it looks bad

4 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Gorr really doesn’t look accurate even to the set photos. No hood, no leg print and the head is gray rather than white. It looks pretty bad idk why people are saying it’s accurate to the set photos. Just the torso maybe. It’s not a hard design to get right and with the gray head and no hood it looks bad

Well it's only set photos, not the finished product, and they don't give a great look at him anyway

20 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

the head is gray rather than white

Ok tbf, white clothes and skin would've looked pretty bad

24 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Well it's only set photos, not the finished product, and they don't give a great look at him anyway

Yeah but why are people saying he looks accurate to the set photos... when he doesn't

9 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Ok tbf, white clothes and skin would've looked pretty bad

I think it would've looked much better

55 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

you mean the new skin colour used for Harry Potter sets? As soon as I saw they did a different colour, my first thought was that it would fit her skin tone much better.

for some reason they hold off on using new molds for a while. Like the mentioned staff piece could have been used so many times already - for Darth Mauls lightsaber hilt.

Yes, the new lighter brown colour from the Hogwarts trunk, which is similar but not quite the same as the medium brown they used in the Spider-Man 2 sets.

The Monkie Kid staff wouldn't really have been a perfect fit either. Stormbreaker is literally an axe head on a semi curved stick, so if they aren't going to make a unique stick for it, the best would just be to use a plain bar like some customs have done.