Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

10 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Is the Necrosword (Im assuming its that) a new mould?

Im trying to zoom in. don't know. Valkyries sword looks different too.

Im usually pretty positive about new sets because I am blinded by hype and this looks great except, Gorr looks awful. The figure is bad and also makes me feel like the design in the film isn't that great either. He at least needs a hood. And the goats are kinda disappointing in size. Kinda wish they would've used the goat mold with how small they are

1 minute ago, BusterNut31 said:

Nope, Valk’s had an old one, it was used by the Roman CMF fig before. Not sure about Gorr’s position is kinda tricky. 

2 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

Swords are normal. Valkyrie has the short sword introduced for LotR, and Gorr has the long one.

I think the set looks great and is wonderful value. An exceptionally nice ship that can easily be converted into a normal Viking ship - just pop off the goats. The goats look silly and fun. The Minifigure selection is excellent with a couple of fantastic new parts and recolours.

I don't care about Gorr personally so all I see is a grey guy in a mummy outfit, but that's fine with me.

8 minutes ago, upliftingbricks said:

Is the Necrosword (Im assuming its that) a new mould?

Nope. Same sword used for Aragorn and other characters in the LotR sets.

Honestly, don’t mind Gorr. Jane Thor, Valkyrie, Korg and the build easily make up for it being one of the best sets of 2022!

That is a great set, I'm pretty picky with my Marvel purchases but that's definitely caught my attention. Love (most of) the figures. Love the boat. 

The goats look a bit derpy but what can you do. 

Gorr looks pretty bad though. I haven't seen the set photos of him (yet), but going off his look in the comics he's a bit of a disappointment. That's not really Lego's fault though. 

Do people know that this isn't what Gorr looks like in the movie, so it's inaccurate, or is it that people don't like the movie design?

Just now, Clone OPatra said:

Do people know that this isn't what Gorr looks like in the movie, so it's inaccurate, or is it that people don't like the movie design?

The minig does looks like simillar in the leaked photos from the set of Christian Bale before. It’s more like a human face than alien, many ppl give it a benefit of the doubt that post production or CGI would turn into something, I guess this is the answer. Or maybe he’ll transform into something later on the film.

Look closely and it looks like storm breaker is built differently. Specifically it has a cylindrical end now. I see that it’s stored at the front of the boat. Maybe it’s how they travel? Storm breaker does let Thor travel with the bifrost so that would make sense. Or it’s just a storage feature lol

wow Promobricks really says 50 bucks for this. I mean it's a fair price but from a Marvel set I'd expect 3 figures without any leg printing, reused faces and a useless build.

But damn that boat is really cool. Even as a parts pack that thing would be cool, so many dark tan pieces.

Also do I count correct: 2 new molds?

Goats look weird but what else could you do at this scale..?

The box art amuses me, especially the back of the box.  It would be perfect for Space, except it's used for a twelfth-century(ish) Viking longboat.

Voldemort is much better Gorr face than official Gorr MCU face print lol. 

That torso will be used for Moon Knight if Lego fails to do a set for him. 

5 minutes ago, icm said:

The box art amuses me, especially the back of the box.  It would be perfect for Space, except it's used for a twelfth-century(ish) Viking longboat.

Right! It also looks like they’re traveling via bifrost on the front .

This new Thor set is amazing! The boat build looks great, but goats themselves are kinda weak build. New Valkyrie and Korg figures look really cool as well. Although I still don’t get why they call her King Valkyrie instead of Queen.

Gorr though looks pretty bad. Torso looks like a mummy prints. And face is just bad. But that might be movie designs fault.

Overall it’s a great set, with some small flaws. Hope second Thor set is just as cool.

Looks so good!! Really wondering what else they can deliver to us with that 20 dollar set, it must include some different figures right? :oh:

Thor 80’s rock glam
Thor with helmet 
Gorr with hood

Mighty Thor without helmet 

What is likely on the other set.

I'm pretty sure that Gorr fig is based on concept art or something because the filmset photos showed him having more a hood with scarfs instead of wrappings and no hood. 

Comics-Gorr is a really tough look to execute well in Lego form. I don’t think he looks good, but I’m not sure what a good looking Gorr would be.

Set is otherwise fantastic.

:pir-love: I'm in love this set, that Boat is lovely.

Honestly it'd still be high on my list if had no minifigs at all, but it does and I like th to, and I'm sure the film'll be great. All of Taiki's films have been great, and that'll be even more incentive to get it.

This has to be one of the best builds Lego Marvel has ever put out. The shaping is magnificent and the colors work so well together. Goats are a pretty smart design too. Could make for a really nice Thor and friends display piece. Maybe pretend the old Thor figures are part of the Thor Corp and have them flying around the ship with clear pieces too? And have the other Thor supporting characters standing on the ship. :wub_drool: :thumbup:

I really love this set. It's so unique and I can't believe we're getting 4 minifigures with new torso and leg printing plus two new molds and another new figure. Gorr does look very meh, but I'm chalking that up to him having a lame in-universe design. I've never liked the idea of him being the villain since Hela was given his weapon-manifesting power in Ragnarok and he's such a visual letdown after her awesome costumes. I still think Jane needed a new face print, but it's more understandable why she didn't get one considering all the other new minifig parts in this set. 

The build looks great for $50 and the goats are nice little builds even if they're a bit awkward. I'd prefer molded ones but I do like seeing LEGO try their hand at different brick-built animals. Can't wait to see what the second set is! I'm hoping for a helmeted Thor and helmet-less Mighty Thor.