Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I do hope we get another Thor minifigure in the second set, the red jacket outfit one. That suit is epic, even more than the truly godly one :laugh:

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I feel like Thor getting Qui-Gon's hair has been a long time coming. Glad it's finally happened. 

Great figure all in all. A lot going on in that costume. 

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I do hope we get another Thor minifigure in the second set, the red jacket outfit one. That suit is epic, even more than the truly godly one :laugh:

Depends on how it is heavily featured. I personally think we won’t get it but instead a repeat but with helmet. Just my guess.

I don't think so. with only two sets and both of them featuring the Thor minifig you are more likely to see a guardian and any of the marvel gods.

YES!

Finally, the Qui-Gon hair for Thor :wub: 
It's probably the dark tan color, right? Just like the color Endgame Thor has.

Can't wait :excited:

Regards,
Mitch

I dig the new Thor figure. I know people have mixed feelings on the costume, but I’m happy to be getting something different here. Thor’s outfits have looked very similar in most of the MCU movies so far so I’m glad to get something different and unique here. I don’t care if it does look a bit similar to Ikaris’s costume, especially since I forgot about The Eternals within a week of me watching the film. I’ve already gotten sick of Thor’s smiling face print from last year though.

And a D2C Sanctum!? That sounds awesome! I’m skeptical of the “rumored” minfigure list as it seems less solid than the existence of the set itself. I imagine we’ll get at least one version of Strange, plus new versions of Mordo and Wanda here at least. I’m hoping the minifig selection is entirely based on MOM. I already have the 2018 Sanctum, but if this one is on par with last year’s Daily Bugle (which I still need to get) then I’ll be happy to pick this one up, though probably not right away. Though if the $500 set does turn out to be Avengers Tower, I’ll probably end up just using the 2018 Sanctum and 2020 Avengers Tower as spare parts sadly. It’s funny how I was saving room on my shelf with the Sanctum for when I get the new Gargantos set, but looks like I might be replacing the Sanctum itself anyway lol.

My wallet’s bummed about this news, however. I was planning on prioritizing Lego Star Wars, as well as catching up on the Star Wars comics, this year. Ninjago was more of my priority for the first half of last year, with Marvel mostly being my priority for the second half. I guess that’s just the life of a Lego fan.

Edited by The Stud

4 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Do you think we can get a Zeus minifigure? 

No, he's probably just a cameo. My theory is that the movie opens with Gorr killing the Greek pantheon of gods.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I'd consider using spoiler tags :tongue:

Not a spoiler.

It's been officially revealed by Russel Crowe.

25 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

No, he's probably just a cameo. My theory is that the movie opens with Gorr killing the Greek pantheon of gods.

I think that goes without saying. You can‘t have a character literally titled „the god butcher” in your movie and NOT have him slay some gods, and seeing how we’re all out of Norse gods… :grin:

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Not a spoiler.

It's been officially revealed by Russel Crowe.

Didn’t know that he spilled the beans himself :laugh:

9 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think that goes without saying. You can‘t have a character literally titled „the god butcher” in your movie and NOT have him slay some gods, and seeing how we’re all out of Norse gods… :grin:

Didn’t know that he spilled the beans himself :laugh:

Imagine how badass it would be if the movie established a villain named God Butcher by making us watch him literally slaughter the Greek pantheon of gods.

The stakes would be high, and we'd know he's one of the biggest threats Thor has encountered just by one scene.

Just writing this gives me chills, I can't wait for this movie. And he's played by Christian Bale. So good :cry_happy:

Given that we just got the list for Harry Potter, how likely do y'all think it is that we'll see the full Marvel list soon? Not to start a waiting game like the HP thread has, but now I'm just curious. 

So, are we getting 2 or 3 D2C Marvel sets this year? I think i have seen both options rumored. I know the rumors, so far, are an Avengers Tower, and now this Sanctum, is there a third?

4 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

So, are we getting 2 or 3 D2C Marvel sets this year? I think i have seen both options rumored. I know the rumors, so far, are an Avengers Tower, and now this Sanctum, is there a third?

The Hulkbuster should be coming, as well as the heavily rumored Sanctum. The Avengers Tower is just speculation based on the $500 unknown set coming (which could be Marvel or DC, but is likely Marvel).

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The Hulkbuster should be coming, as well as the heavily rumored Sanctum. The Avengers Tower is just speculation based on the $500 unknown set coming (which could be Marvel or DC, but is likely Marvel).

Gotcha, thank you. I missed the Hulkbuster set too as an option, very cool. Hopefully that will come with a few minifigures, not just 1 like the last large Hulkbuster set. The heavily rumored Sanctum is probably going to be released in May/June, correct?

What about the Hulkbuster and possible Marvel $500 sets, when were they going to be released, do we think?

44 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Given that we just got the list for Harry Potter, how likely do y'all think it is that we'll see the full Marvel list soon? Not to start a waiting game like the HP thread has, but now I'm just curious. 

I don't have any inside information, but I would assume that the rumor list should be posted sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure we got some of the Lego Star Wars rumors from PromoBricks also. The Harry Potter rumors today were pretty satisfying, I'm really excited to see more Marvel information though. 

When do you think we'll get pictures of the new Sanctum, Infinity Saga Minifigure set, and Thor Love and Thunder sets? The summer sets will also be interesting, I'm not sure if we know which are Marvel or DC yet

2 minutes ago, Dunedain said:

Gotcha, thank you. I missed the Hulkbuster set too as an option, very cool. Hopefully that will come with a few minifigures, not just 1 like the last large Hulkbuster set. The heavily rumored Sanctum is probably going to be released in May/June, correct?

What about the Hulkbuster and possible Marvel $500 sets, when were they going to be released, do we think?

The Sanctum would be released in May/June, yeah.

I think the Hulkbuster is just rumored to include one figure (Bruce Banner, as the set is based on the IW buster). It was supposed to be coming this spring, but that's not confirmed. 

The $500 set - I don't think we have any definitive time. 

1 minute ago, The Brickvenger said:

When do you think we'll get pictures of the new Sanctum, Infinity Saga Minifigure set, and Thor Love and Thunder sets? The summer sets will also be interesting, I'm not sure if we know which are Marvel or DC yet

I wouldn't expect any pictures of the Sanctum until around April if it's releasing in May (at least nothing official until then). 

I could see us having pictures of the Thor sets basically anytime at this point. I'm not sure when the minifigure set is supposed to be releasing though. 

4 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

The Sanctum would be released in May/June, yeah.

I think the Hulkbuster is just rumored to include one figure (Bruce Banner, as the set is based on the IW buster). It was supposed to be coming this spring, but that's not confirmed. 

The $500 set - I don't think we have any definitive time. 

I wouldn't expect any pictures of the Sanctum until around April if it's releasing in May (at least nothing official until then). 

I could see us having pictures of the Thor sets basically anytime at this point. I'm not sure when the minifigure set is supposed to be releasing though. 

I've seen the leak of Thor today based off of the new Thor L&T on Instagram. I think that it was Jane Foster Mighty Thor that leaked earlier and Valkyrie's hair piece.

I hope we get L&T pictures soon, because they release in April I believe. From what I heard from T and N Bricks, the Infinity Saga Minifigure Pack releases on April 1st 2022.

I think we should be seeing that accessory set soon. I hope Lego Gorr The God Butcher looks just has amazing as these leaked Thor figures. That makes sense, I wasn't sure if the Sanctum was supposed to be released before or after Multiverse of Madness.

Is the new Sanctum based on Doctor Strange 2, or is it based on multiple sanctum appearances in past films. I know there's supposed to be at least 3 Strange minifigures in the Lego exclusive Sanctum

4 minutes ago, The Brickvenger said:

I hope we get L&T pictures soon, because they release in April I believe. From what I heard from T and N Bricks, the Infinity Saga Minifigure Pack releases on April 1st 2022.

I think we should be seeing that accessory set soon. I hope Lego Gorr The God Butcher looks just has amazing as these leaked Thor figures. That makes sense, I wasn't sure if the Sanctum was supposed to be released before or after Multiverse of Madness.

Is the new Sanctum based on Doctor Strange 2, or is it based on multiple sanctum appearances in past films. I know there's supposed to be at least 3 Strange minifigures in the Lego exclusive Sanctum

Pictures of the Thor sets should definitely show up sometime next month if they release in April (same with the accessory pack - the release date for that has been a bit less certain than the Thor sets, which are April release). 

The Sanctum is rumored to include 3 Dr. Strange figures, Wanda, Spider-Man, and Iron Man at this point, but the list of figures is far less definite than the set itself existing. They could be based all on MoM, but we really don't know if it's based on a mix of movies or not. 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

On 2/20/2022 at 1:18 AM, NoOneOfImportance said:

Pictures of the Thor sets should definitely show up sometime next month if they release in April (same with the accessory pack - the release date for that has been a bit less certain than the Thor sets, which are April release). 

The Sanctum is rumored to include 3 Dr. Strange figures, Wanda, Spider-Man, and Iron Man at this point, but the list of figures is far less definite than the set itself existing. They could be based all on MoM, but we really don't know if it's based on a mix of movies or not. 

Edited by Galestrum

2 hours ago, Galestrum said:

What can we expect from that pack? It would be great if we got something like the Captain America Stealth Suit right?

Nothing about this pack is certain as of now. If we’re wishlisting though, I’d like for the pack to include Endgame Ronin, Black Widow and Red Skull as storekeeper from that Vormir scene. 

Edited by benderisgreat