Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I'm blown away by the Sanctum rumor. I thought it was insane to get TWO Marvel D2Cs in one year, let alone three. I'm really excited for this one, though. I think it should cover several movies and include Strange, Wong, Mordo, The Ancient One, Wanda, America Chavez, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Defender Strange, and Sinister Strange. Illuminati members would be cool too, but I doubt we'll get so many new figures. I'll be happy with detailed updated versions of Wanda and Mordo. Looks like I'll have to do some major rearrangements in my city display this summer! 

22 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I'm blown away by the Sanctum rumor. I thought it was insane to get TWO Marvel D2Cs in one year, let alone three. I'm really excited for this one, though. I think it should cover several movies and include Strange, Wong, Mordo, The Ancient One, Wanda, America Chavez, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Defender Strange, and Sinister Strange. Illuminati members would be cool too, but I doubt we'll get so many new figures. I'll be happy with detailed updated versions of Wanda and Mordo. Looks like I'll have to do some major rearrangements in my city display this summer! 

I think that the set will be exclusively on MoM

4 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

I think that the set will be exclusively on MoM

Maybe, but IMO it would be better if it covered multiple movies like the Death Star does. Enough happens around the Sanctum for us to get some characters we haven't seen in years like The Ancient One, and in a perfect world I'd also love some generic Kamar-Taj sorcerers. 

8 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Maybe, but IMO it would be better if it covered multiple movies like the Death Star does. Enough happens around the Sanctum for us to get some characters we haven't seen in years like The Ancient One, and in a perfect world I'd also love some generic Kamar-Taj sorcerers. 

Having the Sanctum cover characters from all the movies would be absolutely perfect, especially if you take into consideration that the Sinister Six (minus the one who got too drunk to show up) were imprisoned in the Sanctum in NWH.

Can't imagine that this set would go figure crazy though, the Bugle was primarily repeats, with few exclusives

This might be the first time in the theme that I actually care about the set itself more than the figures. Sanctum Sanctorum has been on my wishlist since the first film, and while IWs looked amazing on the outside, the lack of interior space, and the fact it's half pizza place was disappointing (still one of the best sets of the theme IMO though).

5 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

If this is true I am super excited for it. When is the Sanctum supposed to release?

May/June

7 minutes ago, Gremer2 said:

If this is true I am super excited for it. When is the Sanctum supposed to release?

If it’s true, it should release in May/June timeframe. 

Edit: Ninja’d by @Quicksilver838

21 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Honestly, I could see it going either way. I’d love to see them do some mixed figures for DS1 characters, but at this point, I’m just going to assume MOM primarily, and we’ll see from there. I do wonder how many figs are likely though, especially with how many the Bugle had for $90 more…

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

The set will most likely be on MoM because there are 3 Strange, Wanda and Mordo. But it confuses me that Spider-Man and Iron Man are on the list. Yes, they are rumored to be in the film, but I'm inclined to believe that they will not be in the set. 

Oh, damn. This is gonna be such an awesome set, if it's true.
The build alone will be amazing, but from the sound of it, there will be fantastic minifigures included as well.
Can't wait for confirmation (and then pictures) :wub: 

Regards,
Mitch

2 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Having the Sanctum cover characters from all the movies would be absolutely perfect, especially if you take into consideration that the Sinister Six (minus the one who got too drunk to show up) were imprisoned in the Sanctum in NWH.

Can't imagine that this set would go figure crazy though, the Bugle was primarily repeats, with few exclusives

This might be the first time in the theme that I actually care about the set itself more than the figures. Sanctum Sanctorum has been on my wishlist since the first film, and while IWs looked amazing on the outside, the lack of interior space, and the fact it's half pizza place was disappointing (still one of the best sets of the theme IMO though).

I second all of this. The set could just come with Doctor Strange and Wong and I'd probably still be happy. 

But if they did go all out on figures that would be amazing! I'd forgotten about the Sanctum being in NWH as well :grin:

Imagine if they did go the Death Star/Millennium Falcon route... There'd be so much to choose from! 

DS - Strange, Wong, Mordo, Ancient One, Kaecilius, Daniel Drumm

Ragnarok - Thor, Loki

IW - Iron Man, Bruce Banner

NWH - Spider-Man, Ned, MJ, Goblin, Ock, Electro, Sandman, Lizard

MoM - Wanda, America Chavez, Christine and Rintrah maybe? 

I don't expect this, obviously, but the possibilities are exciting. 

Edited by SEmrys

If it is indeed the Sanctum, it'd make the most sense for this to have been entered early design phase around 2019/2020, which would mean the main inspiration for the build and general focus on figures would probably be its appearance in Doctor Strange, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War. I feel figures would be the only way it could beat pre-existing knock-off Sanctum Sanctorums. The most logical selection of figures would be to focus around Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War which occured almost immediately after one another. I doubt it would include many elements from NWH or MoM, other than perhaps a singular figure from each (Spider-man & Scarlet Witch) as I doubt Lego would have been given enough visuals to work from for NWH or MoM.

1. Doctor Strange (Spare Yellow hands for his 'gloves')
  2. Wong
  3. Tony Stark
  4. Bruce Banner (Same as in upcoming IW Hulkbuster?)
  5. The Ancient One
  6. Casual Loki
  7. Casual Thor
  8. Kaecilius as an antagonist
  9. Spider-man (Added at the last minute as a tie-in to Spider-man: NWH)
  10. Scarlet Witch (Added at the last minute as a tie-in to Multiverse Of Madness)

My guess would be something like above, if 10 figures is too much then I could see them dropping Thor, Loki and either Kaecilius OR Scarlet Witch. This is assuming the Sanctum is based on the MCU and not a comic-inspired selection of characters... :look:

5 hours ago, oxy220 said:

Now we are waiting for information about other Marvel sets

I know most people are not hyped for it, but I'm mostly waiting to see how they are tackling the IW Hulkbuster.

29 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

If it is indeed the Sanctum, it'd make the most sense for this to have been entered early design phase around 2019/2020, which would mean the main inspiration for the build and general focus on figures would probably be its appearance in Doctor Strange, Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War. I feel figures would be the only way it could beat pre-existing knock-off Sanctum Sanctorums. The most logical selection of figures would be to focus around Thor Ragnarok and Infinity War which occured almost immediately after one another. I doubt it would include many elements from NWH or MoM, other than perhaps a singular figure from each (Spider-man & Scarlet Witch) as I doubt Lego would have been given enough visuals to work from for NWH or MoM.

Strongly disagree, it would be most logical to have the main focus be on MoM, the movie that's coming out in the same month. With characters like Wanda and the three Stranges who actually appear in said movie.

The argument about the early design phase doesn't hold up either, these films usually enter a pretty early pre-production phase too. Concept art for MoM would've been well available come 2020.

Edited by kevkipo

New leaked for Thor figure from TL&T. I just love that they did gave him a leg printing atleast now both of them (Jane) has it. That hairpiece works on him too! 

New Thor looks great, finally Lego gave him Qui-Gon hair! Torso and legs look cool, maybe a bit too bright( movie designs fault not legos). I kinda wish he had arm prints like Ragnarok one, but he stool looks great. Btw is this new face or reused fat Thor’s one?

1 minute ago, benderisgreat said:

New Thor looks great, finally Lego gave him Qui-Gon hair! Torso and legs look cool, maybe a bit too bright( movie designs fault not legos). I kinda wish he had arm prints like Ragnarok one, but he stool looks great. Btw is this new face or reused fat Thor’s one?

It is the same as Endgame sets as well as Mjolnir set, I guess we have to wait for Thor next appearance for a new face print. 

New Thor looks great! Honestly, this side of his head works really well compared to the concept art we’ve seen. 

27 minutes ago, kevkipo said:

Strongly disagree, it would be most logical to have the main focus be on MoM, the movie that's coming out in the same month. With characters like Wanda and the three Stranges who actually appear in said movie.

The argument about the early design phase doesn't hold up either, these films usually enter a pretty early pre-production phase too. Concept art for MoM would've been well available come 2020.

It does also depend on how much concept art was shown to companies though. As far as can be seen, companies didn’t get a lot of proper concept designs for Endgame, or likely NWH, so we can’t be certain with this one either. 

8 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It is the same as Endgame sets as well as Mjolnir set, I guess we have to wait for Thor next appearance for a new face print. 

Kinda sucks Lego choose to save some money here by reusing head print that’s inaccurate for this version of Thor. Oh well, I guess I will have to reuse 2020 Avengers game face on new figure.

4 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Kinda sucks Lego choose to save some money here by reusing head print that’s inaccurate for this version of Thor. Oh well, I guess I will have to reuse 2020 Avengers game face on new figure.

Agreed. Wish they had update atleast just one, give him a more serious look. Well it is what it is, I’m glad he got matching leg printing. Can’t wait to see more! 

yeah I can't wait. who knows what's around the corner. 

I hope this rumour is true and that it is based on MOM.

also think some figs mentioned might be a rough translation to characters the leaker does not know. Like Wanda and Mordo are easy to spot but ultimate iron man (I think) ya know, the tom cruise rumour one, would be harder to name out right. 

I hope Wanda has some printing on her crown with some darker eye make up like IO from Tron Legacy or Hela and that magic base used my Mysterio but in red!

Oh wow, that's absolutely fantastic. Torso and legs are so great, and the hairpiece works perfectly.

Apart from the fact that it has no arm bracelets, I have no other gripe with this minifigure. Stunning. 

I love that because Love and Thunder is one of my most anticipated 2022 movies, I simply can't wait, glad they are putting actual effort into the sets.