Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I get LEGO wanting to have a Spidey mech out consistently, but I would have been happy with an Ant Man set rather than this. 

Completely agreed, I don't see why they couldn't have just kept the last Spider-Man mech in production for a bit longer. 

2 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Completely agreed, I don't see why they couldn't have just kept the last Spider-Man mech in production for a bit longer. 

It's not even that these mechs are bad, but they just aren't needed. 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unless they started using skirt pieces again. Why did they stop? It would fit perfectly here.

I don’t think they’ve done away completely with the skirt piece because it appears in CMFs but I can see why it’s not used often. It interferes with the playability of the figure. You can’t properly seat the minifig, put the minifig in vehicles, etc.. I prefer printing than an actual piece for that reason.

As for the Jane minifig, I think it looks great! The Black Widow head can easily be swapped so that’s not a problem for me. I think she’d look much better with dual molded or printed arms so I’ll probably use CMF Scarlet Witch’s arms or find some light nougat/brown dual molded arms.

Did anyone notice the new ball joint piece (potentially new, that is) on the box art of the Spiderman set for the hips? Looks like this is their response to the hip issues.

29 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Did anyone notice the new ball joint piece (potentially new, that is) on the box art of the Spiderman set for the hips? Looks like this is their response to the hip issues.

Well, that's the problem. It isn't new. It's just 2 of this piece (https://brickset.com/parts/6123814/plate-1x2-w-5-9-ball-end) stacked on top of each other, which means this 'fix' givens the mechs lopsided hips. Look at the box pics, you can tell that one balljoint is lower than the other. Now, not only do they have awkwardly wide hips, but they also can't stand straight. Why don't they just go back to the previous build? What was so wrong with it? If I get any of these new ones, that's what I'm doing.

About this set itself, I feel like a recolor of that spidey mech could be a really good venom mech, better than the one we already got. The green goblin mech looks fine, but I would have loved to have gotten a glider for it. Maybe I'll make one, whether I get the set or not...

Edited by The_Fiery_Rooster

We do have to remember that these sets are also for kids. Yeah, there's a lot of Spidey mechs, but Spidey sells, and putting him in mechs with villains sells, and, inherently, if Ninjago is any indication, mechs always sell.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh. I'm so tired of those ugly sets. 

Same bro. This has to stop. 

Marvel IG on the otherhand posted a new season of Marvel Mech Strike: Monster Hunters which this set is based on, nevertheless it is still ugly.

5 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

We do have to remember that these sets are also for kids. Yeah, there's a lot of Spidey mechs, but Spidey sells, and putting him in mechs with villains sells, and, inherently, if Ninjago is any indication, mechs always sell.

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh. I'm so tired of those ugly sets. 

These sets aren't meant for us. We can find them as ugly as we want, but $10 and $20 mech sets are for kids to get their favorite heroes and villains while playing with mechs. I highly doubt kids are going to look and say that these are so ugly and revolt with their wallets. No. They are going to buy them up and want them because they love Spiderman, because they love Green Goblin, and because they love the other Spiderman and super heroes mechs they have. 

25 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

I don’t disagree but if Spidey is your selling point and you have an extra mini figure spot in the set why not throw in a lesser known character instead of using the same 4 villains. 

25 minutes ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

These sets aren't meant for us. We can find them as ugly as we want, but $10 and $20 mech sets are for kids to get their favorite heroes and villains while playing with mechs. I highly doubt kids are going to look and say that these are so ugly and revolt with their wallets. No. They are going to buy them up and want them because they love Spiderman, because they love Green Goblin, and because they love the other Spiderman and super heroes mechs they have. 

Doesn't mean we can't criticise them.

16 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Marvel IG on the otherhand posted a new season of Marvel Mech Strike: Monster Hunters which this set is based on, nevertheless it is still ugly.

So what you're saying is, LEGO have made mechs on some actual Marvel content, but not the content the fans want? We've had 4 Spider Man mechs now, none of which are Sp//dr, an actual fan favourite mech who appeared in ITSV

21 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

So what you're saying is, LEGO have made mechs on some actual Marvel content, but not the content the fans want? We've had 4 Spider Man mechs now, none of which are Sp//dr, an actual fan favourite mech who appeared in ITSV

I dunno what to say anymore, getting Spidey (same dang suit) and reuse villains are sickeninggggg. 

Can't wait to get the Venom, 2020 Thanos and Iron Man versions of these

The actual in-universe monster mechs look so cool. It’s so sad that the lego versions are so generic

It’s also kind of ironic that the background on the box art is an apartment… 

Edited by hvader

I kinda like the Goblin Mech (probably won't get it cause i already have both of the figures), but if they had included a Goblin Glider the mech can ride, that would've been so cool! Maybe that would be a good MOC

The Mech Strike stuff isn't for me, but I assume the reasoning is a desire to get some of those evergreen Avengers back in circulation in a year when most of them don't have a movie or Disney+ show (I think of the assortment it's just Black Panther and Thor in 2022, right?) 

Still, I'd prefer if we at least got some different villains for Spider-Man.

Honestly, this is one of the most boring Lego sets I’ve seen in a while. It is the epitome of mediocrity. 

I like the way the Goblin Mech has that little tendril at the back to mimic his hat.

. . . That’s it. That’s the only good thing I can say about this miserable little set. I do not see myself getting this one. 
Though it just occurred to me that the tendril kinda makes me imagine a Green Goblin Gunman (Gurren Lagann style) and now I sorta wanna do that . . not worth supporting this set though. Boo LEGO. You could have at least used the red/black/gold colour scheme and the figure from the Sanctum Workshop set . .

When do you guys think Lego will release another Spider-mech? I feel like it's been a while?

The piece count, price count and release date is different to what the Ant-Man set was rumored to be. I believe this was the same place where we got rumors of Thor's Hammer being a set, so I'm not personally going to dismiss the existence of an Ant-Man set. I'm more willing to lean on the idea that the information was correct but the number of the set was incorrect which has happened in the past - at least until we have more the full April line-up revealed.

Updated List:

Spoiler

MARCH:

APRIL:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76207 (Love and Thunder; 20€, 159 pcs)
  • 76208 The Goat Boat (Love and Thunder; 50€, 564 pcs)
  • 76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle ($32.99, 296 pcs)

MAY:

• 76218 ($210, 2708 pcs) - Releasing online in May/June? and August to retailers

JUNE:

• 76216 ($90, 496 pcs)
  • 76217 ($55, 476 pcs)

AUGUST:

• 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs)
  • 76221 ($45, 456 pcs)

SEPTEMBER:

OCTOBER:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• (Hulkbuster D2C; 250€) - potentially 76218 given the description which implied a set of a similar price with around 2,500 bricks
  • ?: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€)
  • 30443: Spider-man Bridge Battle Polybag
  • 76210 (500€ D2C) Marvel

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

• (Hulkbuster D2C; 250€) - potentially 76218 given the description which implied a set of a similar price with around 2,500 bricks
  • ?: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€)
  • 30443: Spider-man Bridge Battle Polybag
  • 76210 (500€ D2C) Marvel

Rumored sets:

• Additional NWH set/Movie-inspired Spider-man sets - nothing confirming the existence of the sets, but heavily desired by the community
  • Originally reported as 76219, which has now been revealed as 'Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle', we have rumors of an Ant-Man set priced at $19.99 / 20€ with 298 pieces releasing April 1st.

Notes:

• 76209 has been reconfirmed to be Marvel, despite reports from leakers otherwise, and is Thor's Hammer Mjölnir
  • 76215 at one stage was listed as the Hulkbuster.
  • 76218 is claimed to not be the Hulkbuster by Falconfan1414
  • 76221 originally listed as $50, recently updated to $45
19 hours ago, Quicksilver838 said:

-snip-

Can't wait to get the Venom, 2020 Thanos and Iron Man versions of these

It does seem there are other Mech Strike Monster Hunters Marvel characters. Honestly I want a dual pack where its Hulkbuster Iron Man VS Venom. I think the beastial elements on the Hulkbuster would be interesting to encorporate - plus Venom could use those wing pieces from the 2022 Ninjago sets.

631036164_MarvelAvengersMechStrikeMonste474103806_63150_MonsterHunters_Venomwith

Edited by Scarilian

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The piece count, price count and release date is different to what the Ant-Man set was rumored to be. I believe this was the same place where we got rumors of Thor's Hammer being a set, so I'm not personally going to dismiss the existence of an Ant-Man set. I'm more willing to lean on the idea that the information was correct but the number of the set was incorrect which has happened in the past - at least until we have more the full April line-up revealed.

True. The only thing that actually fits is the set number, and the price.

It could be a coincidence, but it could also mean that an Ant-Man set exists.