Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

9 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The description of that mech set specifically says “featuring popular Super-Hero minifigures from the Marvel movies.” Interesting. 

They say that for every Marvel set, but for now I’m just happy that we may have a new Green Goblin

Official description 

and up with LEGO® Marvel Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle (76219).

Mega mechs and cool minifigures
Send Marvel fans’ imaginative play to a whole new level with 2 monster mechs featuring popular Super-Hero minifigures from the Marvel movies. Kids put the Spider-Man minifigure into the cockpit of the Spidey monster mech, with its extra-long, flexible arms and built-in weapons. They put the Green Goblin minifigure into the cockpit of the super villain’s monster mech, with its supersized, grabbing claws and shooters. Then, the battle of the monster mechs begins! When the day’s action is over, the 2 highly posable mechs look amazing on display in kids’ rooms.

10 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

The description of that mech set specifically says “featuring popular Super-Hero minifigures from the Marvel movies.” Interesting. 

That shouldn't mean anything, as from a quick search, last year's Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus Mech Battle set states in its description: "There are more LEGO® Marvel mechs to collect and combine to provide kids with endless fun as they recreate movie action and dream up stories of their own." and the Wolverine Mech states in its description: "Marvel movie fans can recreate favorite movie scenes, have epic battles with other mechs in their collection and play out endless imaginative adventures of their own."

Bruh, really? Our third Spider-Man mech? Gotta hate LEGO sometimes. It'd not that I even care about the mechs, but that's just so uncreative...

Just now, hvader said:

Totally wishful thinking, but what if it’s Tobey vs Goblin???

It's not.

45 minutes ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Was Fulcrum the one who said it was Ant-Man? If so, that’s another mark against his credibility. 

No, it was an actual retailer.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

18 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

That shouldn't mean anything, as from a quick search, last year's Spider-Man and Doctor Octopus Mech Battle set states in its description: "There are more LEGO® Marvel mechs to collect and combine to provide kids with endless fun as they recreate movie action and dream up stories of their own." and the Wolverine Mech states in its description: "Marvel movie fans can recreate favorite movie scenes, have epic battles with other mechs in their collection and play out endless imaginative adventures of their own."

Damn. Probably just gonna be repeats of the Daily Bugle figures then. 

5 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

New image of Jane Foster (TL&T) figure has emerge in usual place, unfortunately it reuses Black Widow head in recent sets. Dang now I have to hunt down Padme figure for the head. 

Padme uses that same exact head.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Both figures of Thor and Jane Foster (TL&T) in SH Figuarts figures are released, and I must say wow. Jane minifigure is accurate aside from not having dual molded or printed arms. 

The legs are really inaccurate.

She has black pants, metal boots and a brown skirt, yet LEGO just gave her brown legs and called it a day.

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Padme uses that same exact head.

The legs are really inaccurate.

She has black pants, metal boots and a brown skirt, yet LEGO just gave her brown legs and called it a day.

Oh sorry not being direct, I meant Padme Amidala 2013 figure.

As for the legs, I think brown legs is better than black coz the torso is already black. It makes the color pops even more. Though yeah I see what you are saying. I dunno how it will turn out if they print it on a black legs.

20 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh sorry not being direct, I meant Padme Amidala 2013 figure.

As for the legs, I think brown legs is better than black coz the torso is already black. It makes the color pops even more. Though yeah I see what you are saying. I dunno how it will turn out if they print it on a black legs.

Yeah, if I had to choose between brown kegs and black legs I'd choose brown, just because they look more interesting.

Unless they started using skirt pieces again. Why did they stop? It would fit perfectly here.

New Jane Foster minifigure looks cool, except for reused head. Helmet mold looks great, as do torso and leg prints. The reused head here is unacceptable though. Natalie Portman has such unique faviel features that she definitely needed new face print like 2013 Padme minifigure. Might have to bricklink that head since it's so much better.

PS. When do you guys think we can expect Thor himself to leak? Usually when 1 minifigure from line leaks, others aren't far behind.

1 minute ago, oxy220 said:

I'm waiting for a minifigure of someone from the Guardians of the Galaxy 

We're getting a Holiday Special advent calendar in September. 

Interesting - I'm curious to see how they pull off a mech-sized glider.

Also every time a new spidey mech shows up I keep hoping it's either of the SP//DR designs. It's astounding to me that they've had 2 canon designs (one of which actually showed up in a movie that was well-received) and we still don't have official sets of them.

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We're getting a Holiday Special advent calendar in September. 

That's not how I put it. I meant that I'm waiting for a minifigure of someone from the Guardians of the Galaxy in Thor Love and Thunder sets

5 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

That's not how I put it. I meant that I'm waiting for a minifigure of someone from the Guardians of the Galaxy in Thor Love and Thunder sets

Don't expect them to pop up in the sets.

Another Spider-man mech is really disappointing but I think that's my fault for getting too excited for a non-movie Antman and Wasp. Hopefully the Green Goblin isn't just the one from the Bugle to make it a little bit more interesting.

Edited by Childish Goblino

I think that the 76219 set will not represent anything special.

Edited by oxy220

If figures are new (and I hope they are) it could be potentially included on a big set upcoming? Not really sure on how it works. 

I hope they atleast make Green Goblin interesting.

It's up on Lego's website now as well. Those certainly are mechs, but I don't really have strong feelings on them. It does seem like a missed opportunity to have not given Goblin's mech a bigger Goblin Glider (sort of like the one that came with Ultimate Green Goblin).

Just now, Meadius said:

It's up on Lego's website now as well. Those certainly are mechs, but I don't really have strong feelings on them. It does seem like a missed opportunity to have not given Goblin's mech a bigger Goblin Glider (sort of like the one that came with Ultimate Green Goblin).

I get LEGO wanting to have a Spidey mech out consistently, but I would have been happy with an Ant Man set rather than this.