Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Wow! I definitely wasn't expecting this model to be the size that it is. I'm a huge fan of these "prop replica" style display pieces and have placed my preorder.

That said, I do agree with some of the issues that have been pointed out. While it would have been nice to have more detail on the hammer, it almost certainly would have been achieved with stickers...so it isn't a huge loss IMO. The strap does need to be bigger though.

I don't buy much superhero stuff but I like this set and I'll be buying it. If I had this set displayed at my work the majority of people that knew what it represented would be wowed for it. These types of sets are made to be fun displays of IP props. More detail will always = more cost. If someone wanted a really detailed and/or accurate prop of thisĀ it would be 5x this amount. Few people are buying these types of sets for a 100% accurate display. Definitely a good price for a fun display piece.

7 minutes ago, karmajay said:

If someone wanted a really detailed and/or accurate prop of thisĀ it would be 5x this amount.Ā 

5x? The official Marvel Legends 1:1 scale Mjolnir replica, with built-in lights/sound and voice recognition,Ā is merely 10 euro more expensive than LEGO's grey block on a stick.

That 's not really the type of display prop I'm talking about that collectors usually buy. I'm talking more like Hot Toys level, etc. There are different levels of accuracy/detail for different costs. You can look at RPF/Etsy for examples. I'll correct and say it looks like more of a 2x or 3x vice 5x though.

Edited by karmajay

It's not super detailed, but I love the "prop replica" feel of this one. Hiding the Asgard trophy room inside the hammer is cute too. Might have to get this one, it's a nice display piece yet not as expensive as most of the adult-oriented sets coming out lately.

I wonder what else could get this treatment? We already had the Infinity Gauntlet itself, and I feel like the Stark gauntlet is too similar to that. Cap's shield is the first thing that pops into my head, though the build techniques might have to get creative for a large-scale model. Maybe Star-Lord's blasters and/or mask?

The hammer's concept is cool. I was expecting smaller, not prop sized but I get why. The gauntlet would've needed to scale up much more, and even then it would only be display. With this set you could (ill-advisedly) swing this sucker around. But it's a pass for me. The lack of any detailing is really killer. I get that stickers aren't our favorite things ever, but a few small ones would've gone a ways. The other thing that might've made me more interested is if the pieces were metalisized like the gauntlet, but alas it's just too bland imo.

Side note but it's just funny to me, they call the set Thor's hammer but the plaque reads mjolnir. I get why, but still, c'mon. Lol.

2 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

It's not super detailed, but I love the "prop replica" feel of this one. Hiding the Asgard trophy room inside the hammer is cute too. Might have to get this one, it's a nice display piece yet not as expensive as most of the adult-oriented sets coming out lately.

I wonder what else could get this treatment? We already had the Infinity Gauntlet itself, and I feel like the Stark gauntlet is too similar to that. Cap's shield is the first thing that pops into my head, though the build techniques might have to get creative for a large-scale model. Maybe Star-Lord's blasters and/or mask?

iron man Mk1, War Machine, Star lord's, Thor's, and Cap'sĀ helmets as well as Ultron's head (with extra parts to do either blue or red light) would be good candidates to followĀ the iron man helmet series (assuming it sold well), object-wise I can only think of Redwing, the orb, Mysterio's drones, and the nano gauntlet.

4 minutes ago, admiral_typhoon said:

iron man Mk1, War Machine, Star lord's, Thor's, and Cap'sĀ helmets as well as Ultron's head (with extra parts to do either blue or red light) would be good candidates to followĀ the iron man helmet series (assuming it sold well), object-wise I can only think of Redwing, the orb, Mysterio's drones, and the nano gauntlet.

I could totally see a hogwarts icons style sets based around the infinity stones with the orb, loki's scepter, the tesseract, eye of agamotto, and the aether. then also include small replicas of the stones, that way the soul stone can be included

For $100 I would've expected an alternate comics build with the ability to add the inscription "Whosoever holds this hammer,Ā if they be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor.ā€ to the side. That's really what makes a displayĀ Mjƶlnir cool.Ā WithoutĀ that, no dice. (And huge disappointment).Ā 

I understand perfectly well that you didn't really like the hammer, but let's be honest - the set is really good

15 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

I hadn't thought of Star-Lord's helmet before, but that makes way too much sense not to happen eventually. I think they might wait until GoTG3 to make it, but I would be surprised if we don't see one at some point in the next few years.

6 hours ago, oxy220 said:

I understand perfectly well that you didn't really like the hammer, but let's be honest - the set is really good

are you serious?

From an objective point of view, this set is just completely boring and heavily overpriced.

4 minutes ago, wollolo said:

are you serious?

From an objective point of view, this set is just completely boring and heavily overpriced.

This is your opinion, so itā€™s your subjective point of viewĀ :tongue:Ā I think itā€™s a good-looking, smooth, andĀ accurateĀ build and the PPR is decent with quite a substantial amountĀ of larger parts

18 minutes ago, wollolo said:

are you serious?

There is no objective point of viewĀ :jollyroger:

yeah ok, thats true of course.

I probably should have said "from a point of view of a non-Marvel fan"... And as such, I absolutely can't understand how some people like this cheap looking thing (maybe its because the movie prop also looks cheap)

Yeah, as you can see I also really dislike the whole Super Heroes movies, so I'm surely biased, too. :wink:

Edited by wollolo

16 minutes ago, wollolo said:

Yeah, as you can see I also really dislike the whole Super Heroes movies, so I'm surely biased, too. :wink:

ā€¦what are you here for, then?Ā :laugh_hard:Ā We welcome anyone, of course, but posting in the Marvel thread when you dislike Marvel is a bit curiousĀ :tongue:

Why is that curious? I'm just a general LEGO fan who is looking for sets (or parts) that I might be interested in.

I don't base my own judgement on any license or not, I just buy what I like (i.e the cool looking Guardian's ship - without knowing the movie), even if its from a licensed theme that I don't like.

Did that answer your question?

The hammer is boring, inaccurate, and too expensive. Ā I would have preferred a smaller model, with its black pedestal, to be displayed next to the ironman helmet and glove. Ā For ā‚¬ 120 I would have expected a system similar to the super mario cube, with a larger game section, and at least 3 minifigures (it would have been an opportunity to finally give us Odin). Ā the only positive aspect is that we have a set from thor's first movie, and his minifigure (even if his face is not accurate)

23 minutes ago, wollolo said:

Did that answer your question?

Yeah, sureĀ :laugh:Ā No offense, itā€˜s justĀ pretty rare to see people buy sets based on franchises they donā€˜t care about, unless itā€˜s just for scrapping the partsĀ :grin:

I pre-ordered the hammer on the lego website. I am happy we are getting some representation for the first Thor movie, so I love the minifig (the face is a bit jarring I'll admit). The model itself looks like an excellent display piece

4 hours ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I pre-ordered the hammer on the lego website. I am happy we are getting some representation for the first Thor movie, so I love the minifig (the face is a bit jarring I'll admit). The model itself looks like an excellent display piece

I 100% agree with all of this, I also just preordered.

I need to see the thor love and thunder sets now

I've also voted with my wallet on this one. Even though there are several things I would have liked to have seen done differently, I still want these types of sets to continue.