Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Mattallica said:

anyone moded 76206?

i just got done building it(hey i got it for free) an im looking to fix the low arm placement

I'd attempt to mod it if I owned it but I'm probably never going to own it unless I get it for free as well lol

17 hours ago, Mattallica said:

anyone moded 76206?

i just got done building it(hey i got it for free) an im looking to fix the low arm placement

l-intro-1601069930.jpg

I think modding it is a bit of a hassle primarily because of the shoulder pads

• Example 1 - size is increased and retains visuals of the original
  • Example 2 - size remans, but shoulder pads are removed and original visual style is altered

The arms are arguably positioned about the height they should be on the body, perhaps a stud higher if desired, but the main issue comes from the torso and shoulder pads along with the lack of a neck. I understand the image is not the version it is inspired by, but generally the arms should be only slightly higher than the arc reactor, after all it is positioned near the upper middle of his chest.

17 hours ago, mgetz said:

When will start seeing set details like we just got for ninjago?

Unsure, but in terms of what to look out for:

• Thor L&T sets and the Ant-Man set are the next things we should get details on, they are supposed to be releasing in April.
  • 76218 (Probably Hulkbuster) is a May release. Officially they normally reveal it about a week or two prior, but may tease it in official media. Normally it leaks prior either being displayed in stores or the printed helmet piece finding its way online.

In terms of Summer stuff, I still feel we have a lot left to reveal as we have the $500 D2C and I'm expecting that to be released alongside another Legacy wave or a 10th anniversary wave. I also expect Lego to take advantage of the 60th anniversary of Spider-man, even if that just means a few more comic inspired sets.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

l-intro-1601069930.jpg

I think modding it is a bit of a hassle primarily because of the shoulder pads

• Example 1 - size is increased and retains visuals of the original
  • Example 2 - size remans, but shoulder pads are removed and original visual style is altered

The arms are arguably positioned about the height they should be on the body, perhaps a stud higher if desired, but the main issue comes from the torso and shoulder pads along with the lack of a neck. I understand the image is not the version it is inspired by, but generally the arms should be only slightly higher than the arc reactor, after all it is positioned near the upper middle of his chest.

Thanks,

I like the look of example 1 but thats adding alot of parts/work

the arms on the original "look" ok but the "shoulder hinge is just too low IMO

heres what i have done so far

thumbnail_IMG_2771

i shortened the neck and raised the shoulder joints, i think the Arc reactor sits too low in the chest and the waist and legs need thickening up a bit but im trying to keep as much of the original set as possible and not just do  a complete rebuild so far ive only added 10 pieces, reused 2 and eliminated 8

What are the chances of getting more Shang Chi sets? Slim to none? 

I watched it again the other days and really enjoyed it and they could do some good sets based off some of the scenes. 

1 minute ago, squiz18 said:

I watched it again the other days and really enjoyed it and they could do some good sets based off some of the scenes. 

More Shang-Chi sets are unlikely to happen anytime soon. The only real possibilities would be if the sequel is shrouded in as much mystery as No Way Home or if Disney decides to do a marketing push for whatever name the Phase 4/5 Saga will get, though that may be years from now.

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

-snip-
i shortened the neck and raised the shoulder joints, i think the Arc reactor sits too low in the chest and the waist and legs need thickening up a bit but im trying to keep as much of the original set as possible and not just do  a complete rebuild so far ive only added 10 pieces, reused 2 and eliminated 8

Looking pretty great. I think in terms of modifying the arc reactor placement the main thing in the way is the angled plate piece that holds the arc reactor cover, if you can find a way to swap that out then you could raise the arc reactor slightly higher. I think turning his neck into a 'snake' of sorts using multiple ball joint/socket pieces that compress down would probably work well, enabling you to pose it at a variety of angles without the current limitations.

Might end up modding mine at some point, but I'm mostly waiting on the D2C IW Hulkbuster as I'm probably going to attempt to modify that to look more like the AoU version. I'm curious to the new scale - as depending on the scale might see if we can fit the upper torso of Iron Man inside :tongue:

1 hour ago, squiz18 said:

Unless Shang Chi shows up randomly in a current Marvel project I expect we won't see any Shang Chi sets again until either the spin-off series (Earliest 2024) or Shang Chi 2 (Earliest 2025) Legacy sets are the only option of them revisiting the first film I'd expect. Luckily in terms of settings some of the Ninjago sets sorta work for the ancient city - and some people have made mocs of the location.

I don't mean to rip on that set, especially because it seems like plenty of people like it, but I'm just super disappointed with the way the Iron Man looks. Maybe it's a pretty fun build? I didn't even notice the low shoulder joints before, honestly, and I can't believe that it was released like that.

Is the helmet a new print on a piece used for something else? I think that may be the biggest reason I think it looks so ugly, though admittedly I may have a bias against lego mechs after the last few years.

5 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

I don't mean to rip on that set, especially because it seems like plenty of people like it, but I'm just super disappointed with the way the Iron Man looks. Maybe it's a pretty fun build? I didn't even notice the low shoulder joints before, honestly, and I can't believe that it was released like that.

Is the helmet a new print on a piece used for something else? I think that may be the biggest reason I think it looks so ugly, though admittedly I may have a bias against lego mechs after the last few years.

i agree with you on the looks of it being kind of crappy,(i wasnt going to buy this set because of the look of it) i think it is mostly the head shape and that does look slightly better in person than in pics, this is the first ive run across the piece that the helmet is printed on( its the same piece as the shoulder pads)but im not sure if it make its debut in this set or not, the set is ok as is and obviously gives a good starting point if you feel like filling it out abit with other pieces.

6 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

It's a new piece made for this set.

So, I have finally -FINALLY- been able to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home (which was a-MAZING :wub: ) and all I can say is, bring on spoiler sets!
Can some of you please refresh my memory: 
Were there any upcoming sets confirmed to be from NWH and containing spoilery things?
And, if so, any estimate on what or who they will contain exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mitch 

37 minutes ago, CF Mitch said:

So, I have finally -FINALLY- been able to watch Spider-Man: No Way Home (which was a-MAZING :wub: ) and all I can say is, bring on spoiler sets!
Can some of you please refresh my memory: 
Were there any upcoming sets confirmed to be from NWH and containing spoilery things?
And, if so, any estimate on what or who they will contain exactly?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mitch 

From what I've seen, it seems like nothing has been hard confirmed yet. There is a lot of speculation (even by some leakers), but at the moment we don't know if anything else is coming. It would make sense if they do another set or two to capitalize on the film's popularity, but they also waited two years to do spoiler sets for Endgame, so we very well may get nothing.

1 hour ago, Meadius said:

From what I've seen, it seems like nothing has been hard confirmed yet. There is a lot of speculation (even by some leakers), but at the moment we don't know if anything else is coming. It would make sense if they do another set or two to capitalize on the film's popularity, but they also waited two years to do spoiler sets for Endgame, so we very well may get nothing.

Got it, thanks :thumbup: 
Still wait and see, then, and hope for the best. 

Regards.
Mitch

On 1/29/2022 at 11:57 AM, Meadius said:

We did get that Endgame set with Rescue and the Nano Gauntlet in October 2019 though, so I'm hoping we see something for NWH this summer.

I actually like the Iron Man Figure a lot more than I expected. I didn't like the look of it very much but I was impressed with the articulation and the head looks better in person, although it's still not great. 

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap, and surprisingly nobody has mentioned this news coming out 2 hours ago, so "fine I'll do it myself"

76209 Thor's Hammer, $100, Target exclusive

How big is this thing gonna be to be $40 more expensive than the helmets & Gauntlet

Edited by Quicksilver838

Meh. While the Infinity Gauntlet appeals to me (I still need to get it), I just don’t have much of a desire to get a brick-built Thor’s hammer. Easy pass for now at least, though who knows? Maybe I’ll be blown away by the set.

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap, and surprisingly nobody has mentioned this news coming out 2 hours ago, so "fine I'll do it myself"

76209 Thor's Hammer, $100, Target exclusive

How big is this thing gonna be to be $40 more expensive than the helmets & Gauntlet

Highly unlikely but maybe with Exclusive figure? I dunno.

As per @Falconfan1414 we may see the pictures tmrw! 

Edited by SpiderJazz

43 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Highly unlikely but maybe with Exclusive figure? I dunno.

As per @Falconfan1414 we may see the pictures tmrw! 

I doubt the figure, but even if it had one, no way it'd be exclusive. It'd be the 2020 Thor figure

The only sets I have from this series are the Gauntlet and Boba Fett. Currently the only other one that interests me is Mando, so this Mjolnir will really have to be something special to win me over

120€ sounds like the most uninteresting set ever.

It would be cool if the price was cut in half. But let's be honest, it's just a grey block on a brown stick. With that price it will be unnecessarily big, which means it will look even plainer.

Wasn’t interested in the Mjolnir set but I’m kind of digging it now that I’ve seen it. Is the minifigure exclusive? I can’t tell.

30 minutes ago, AndrewCole14 said:

Wasn’t interested in the Mjolnir set but I’m kind of digging it now that I’ve seen it. Is the minifigure exclusive? I can’t tell.

Where did you see it? :excited:

15 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Where did you see it? :excited:

You can see it in #legoleaks

I didn't expect that but it's really good. And I'm surprised they included Thor from the first film

17 minutes ago, Flixter said:

You can see it in #legoleaks

I didn't expect that but it's really good. And I'm surprised they included Thor from the first film

Woah! I called it. A figure included and it looks like the Hammer is able to open up and have a play feature as a THORphy room.