Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

I think they're doing the same strategy as they did back in Civil War, where they delayed the Tanker Truck set that had Spider-Man. 

Moon Knight trailer:

If Lego want to release a D+ set this year it better be Moon Knight. 

Wow, this might actually become my favourite MCU series, and TFaTWS is already my favourite MCU content in general.

Why would LEGO just act like it doesn't exist? :ugh:

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wow, this might actually become my favourite MCU series, and TFaTWS is already my favourite MCU content in general.

Why would LEGO just act like it doesn't exist? :ugh:

They should do it, if we won't get any D+ set then my hopes for X-Men 97 sets go down the toilet. 

MANIFEST MOON KNIGHT SET. 

17 hours ago, Clone OPatra said:

In my opinion the general leak / spoiler culture has gotten completely out of control from all sides. The fact that these movie companies bank so much on people being "surprised" in the theatre, and that that surprise is just what characters are included or a plot twist, is itself problematic. Make a good film with big emotional beats and it'll be good even if people saw what characters are in the movie through some merchandise. (I'm not saying NWH wasn't good, I haven't seen it - just speaking generally).

For instance, the trash compactor scene in Toy Story 3 wasn't less impactful because we saw the characters in a trash compactor in a LEGO set.

Disney could've 100% let out that Tobey and Andrew were in the movie, and allowed products on the shelves showing as such, and people would've though "cool, I'd like to see what they do with those characters". Plus then you could go out and buy merch to recreate the scenes right away.

Instead, it's like the "secrets" are the motivating factor to make the movie and get the audience, rather than just making an entertaining movie.

For me there is a fine line between  between letting too much out of the bag, and dropping hints to get people interested. Personally, I think that they should have released at least a couple of accurate NWH tie-in sets. I am quite happy waiting for sets if it means some other folk got to enjoy their movie experience more, but feel we could have received at least some of the the villains that appeared in the trailer. I do get a kick out of being surprised by movie appearances that I didn't see coming. I don't do social media, and I don't view websites other than tech companies and LEGO, so it is really easy for me to avoid spoilers. This meant that I wasn't aware of some of the appearances in NWH, other than those that were dropped here (wouldn't have known about AG or TM otherwise) and showed up in the trailer. I now skip the eurobrick threads until after movies have released, and only browse for admin posts, @Scarilian's updated list posts, or comments from FalconFan. There are two sides to every coin, some of us just like not knowing anything about movie before we watch it, some people don't mind knowing a little about the movie, and other people don't seem to mind knowing everything about the movie.

17 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Personally, I'm of the viewpoint that merchandise should release slightly before and alongside the thing it is trying to advertise. You can revisit or re-do that merchandise later down the line if the thing you are promoting is memorable/profitable enough and the original merchandise sells well, but in the case of Lego especially, it thrives by having the movie tie-in sets actually release near the movie.

Agree with this. They could have done at least some accurate sets with GG and DO, and then released a second wave down the track with AG SM/TM SM/Lizard/Electro etc. 

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

if there are no mechs in the second season of What if...?, will we get any lego sets based on the show?

Technically we already have

1 hour ago, ApocSlay said:

@Scarilian's updated list posts

Thanks, glad they can be of help :purrr: I'll probably do another when we get the next bit of information about sets. Think my last one is a bit muddled/outdated with the Hulkbuster D2C number debacle.

2 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

if there are no mechs in the second season of What if...?, will we get any lego sets based on the show?

I would not be surprised if Lego were only provided with concept art for the characters, the mechs being counted because they are the iconic aspect of that character. In which case they may not have been provided concept art of the locations in use during the episode. The same could be the case for a Season 2, in which case only characters and things directly associated with the character would be shown to Lego. That's just speculation on my part though.

In response to Season 1 they remarked the animation takes them about a year, so we won't see it until August 2022 at the earliest and arguably they may shuffle release dates a little due to movie release dates and delays to Disney+ shows.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, lego_guyon02 said:

This show looks great. Can't wait to get a Moon Knight figure hopefully sooner rather than later.

Really looking forward to a Moon Knight minifig as well. It's not a deal breaker but I hope we get a new hood mold with the widow's peak IF we get a minifig.

I honestly never thought we'd get a Moon Knight minifig because of how dark the character has become in comics but I'm sure the MCU will tone it down and it seems like anything's possible after getting a Punisher minifig.

17 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Really looking forward to a Moon Knight minifig as well.

Never would have guessed :laugh_hard:

17 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

[…] I'm sure the MCU will tone it down and it seems like anything's possible after getting a Punisher minifig.

Agreed. After the show, most people will primarily associate the character with Isaac’s portrayal and thus, merchandise should be no issue :classic: Pretty much the opposite of Peacemaker or Deadpool in that sense

Gaspard Ulliel, the actor playing Midnight Man in Moon Knight, passed away today after a skiing accident. We obviously don't yet know what the character's role will be in the show but it seems like this may be our only chance to get a MM fig.

On 1/17/2022 at 10:11 PM, SpiderJazz said:

CM4sci may have been retired, but boy is onpoint on everything he said.  IYKYK, he was the first to give hints about Wanda’s Scarlet Witch costume figure.

I highly doubt it’s just assumption knowing how ppl want that NWH set. The guy specificly ask about it, he answered:

I’m sure there’s one or two coming in the summer. Don’t know how secret they kept Tobey and Andrew from the retailers.”

So a set is almost guaranteed but the appearance of 2 spideys are still not confirmed. 

Well, I decided to give it a try and asked him. He told, and I quote:

"Tell Eurobricks to stop looking at me as an informant because I don’t know anything 

I’m not alluding to anything or hinting it was entirely a guess"

Edited by Flixter

Yeah, no way they'll finish a movie as big as Wakanda Forever with all the delays.

Unless they'll rush it and it'll be horrible (even more than I think it would originally be).

I’d take a grain of salt with those shutdown rumors. Some people that supposedly know people working on set have claimed that the HR article is talking about a shutdown that already occurred earlier this month, not currently. I still think the movie’s production is cursed, but I wouldn’t lose all hope that the film is coming out this year.

4 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

well that surely covers him legally.

It happens before, it happen again. 

4 hours ago, Flixter said:

Well, I decided to give it a try and asked him. He told, and I quote:

"Tell Eurobricks to stop looking at me as an informant because I don’t know anything 

I’m not alluding to anything or hinting it was entirely a guess"

I’ll just seat here comfy, waiting for that set. If it comes I will just tell you I told you so, if it’s not you can do the same to me.

But I gotta tell you it’s not cool to chase someone that clearly doesn’t wanna be associated with this stuff anymore, you put him into a spotlight that he doesn’t wanted to be. It happened before, after he gave hints about Scarlet Witch figure he deleted it and claim that don’t treat his words as leaks, alot of people that is a long time follower knows this, he knows something. But no biggie I rest my case. 

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

I hope that sets won’t be too much affected in this. Ugh. Covid really sux not just for this stuff but for the entire existence of it.

people can't complain about delays. They don't want to follow Covid guidelines and people get sick and die. Delays are bound to happen. We will just have to wait until its finished properly.

Y'all are pretty doomer whenever there's a minor setback. I really don't think the film or the sets will be delayed. The film was originally scheduled for July, so they gained an extra four months of production, and most of the film has been shot already. They just need to film Letitia Wright's scenes, and then they can move on to post-production.

@Flixter @SpiderJazz

In general I feel his remarks was taken out of context and words were given specific emphasis without him doing so. To me the remark came across entirely as speculation, to the extent that I've seen others here voice effectively the same lines.:shrug_oh_well:

Even in the scenario where he were to know that we were getting a NWH set in summer, which is the only thing one might try and take as factual from his remark, the reality is this information is relayed with a level of vagueness that one cannot claim with certainty that his remark has been legitimately hinting towards a set he knows about OR simply speculation from someone who is hoping to see a NWH set in Summer. His remarks as such cannot really be used as a 'for' or 'against'.

If we do wind up with a NWH set in Summer, as such I'd hope that we don't wind up with either of you trying to lord it over the other :tongue: Let's just be happy if we get the set, if not then let's hope we'll get it later or eventually when some designer from Lego winds up visiting these forums and realises that everyone has been discussing a potential NWH set for weeks or months on end :tongue:

18 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

Y'all are pretty doomer whenever there's a minor setback.

• Aquaman 2 finished filming January 12th and releases December 16th, 2022.
  • Black Panther 2 is still filming and unlikely to finish filming until Late February and that was before the most recent talk of more delays which might push that into March... and it's scheduled to release November 11th, 2022.

In my view if Black Panther 2 is still filming after February then expect it to get delayed, they need time for post-production and they clearly are desperate for Black Panther to be a franchise even after the passing of Chadwick Boseman. It makes more sense for Black Panther 2 to get delayed to February 2023, avoiding direct competition with Aquaman 2 and taking the release date of 'The Marvels'. This simultaniously allows them time to adapt 'The Marvels' to the reshoots occuring to Ms.Marvel and means they wont have to rush Black Panther 2.

I dont have a vested interest in the film, but it will likely impact sets if the movie is delayed again :shrug_oh_well:

22 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

I really don't think the film or the sets will be delayed

Promobricks.de has listed the sets as releasing in October, specifically 01.10.2022 so they have already been delayed from the original intended release date which would have been around the film so say July/August. If the movie gets pushed back to February 2023 I could see them moving the sets back once again to January 2023. It primarily depends on how relevant the sets are, they probably don't want another Eternals situation where we see the Lego sets before anything official from the film and I'd personally expect Black Panther 2 to have broken the trend of them trying to market the film without showing big elements.

52 minutes ago, Scarilian said:
  • Aquaman 2 finished filming January 12th and releases December 16th, 2022.
  • Black Panther 2 is still filming and unlikely to finish filming until Late February and that was before the most recent talk of more delays which might push that into March... and it's scheduled to release November 11th, 2022.

I don't have a vested interest in the film, but it will likely impact sets if the movie is delayed again :shrug_oh_well:

Promobricks.de has listed the sets as releasing in October, specifically 01.10.2022 so they have already been delayed from the original intended release date which would have been around the film so say July/August. If the movie gets pushed back to February 2023 I could see them moving the sets back once again to January 2023. It primarily depends on how relevant the sets are, they probably don't want another Eternals situation where we see the Lego sets before anything official from the film and I'd personally expect Black Panther 2 to have broken the trend of them trying to market the film without showing big elements.

I'm still hopeful that the sets won't be delayed again. Black Widow wrapped in October for an anticipated May release date, giving them a seven-month window for post-production. If Black Panther wraps in late February/early March, that gives them an eight-month window. And Black Widow was pre-COVID.

I don't think the sets were delayed to October because of the filming hiatus either. My point was I don't think they'll be delayed for after October. Even if I'm wrong, I like to think Marvel finish on time and we won't have to wait any longer for sets.