Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

7 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Hey, seeing info on Instagram that Raimi and NWH sets aren’t happening in 2022. Is this true?

We can’t completely rule it out, but the credibility of the rumours has taken a critical hit :snicker: I just wouldn’t expect it at this point, saves you the disappointment

6 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I’m still surprised with how many sets we are getting with this movie. There must be lots of surprise characters in this one. 

I can't figure it out either. Tchalla's black panther became pretty popular after the movie, but I don't think it translates to every wakanda-related character, and I'm surprised lego's going this big for a solo movie that doesn't even have the most popular character of the solo franchise. I don't know anyone who's a huge fan of any of the supporting BP cast, and without T'challa in the sets, I really don't see them doing well. It'd be sort of be like if TFATWS was a movie and lego pumped out a ton of sets for that, although I think Falcon and Bucky are more popular than Okoye and Shuri.

Were there any rumors of more NWH sets not connected to the guy who claimed we'd get raimi sets and a marvel series 2?

46 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I can't figure it out either. Tchalla's black panther became pretty popular after the movie, but I don't think it translates to every wakanda-related character, and I'm surprised lego's going this big for a solo movie that doesn't even have the most popular character of the solo franchise. I don't know anyone who's a huge fan of any of the supporting BP cast, and without T'challa in the sets, I really don't see them doing well. It'd be sort of be like if TFATWS was a movie and lego pumped out a ton of sets for that, although I think Falcon and Bucky are more popular than Okoye and Shuri.

IKR. The smallest one I hope they could give us a proper T’Challa minifigure with new face printing. Do you think that would be a bad idea? I dunno maybe do what they’ve done with NWH, inspired with BP 1 movie. 

45 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

Hey, seeing info on Instagram that Raimi and NWH sets aren’t happening in 2022. Is this true?

As far as we know, they aren't.

We have no reason at all to hope that Raimi sets will get made.

As for NWH, they could, but I still think it's too soon judging by the fact that toy companies didn't get the concept arts. 2023 would be my guess.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As for NWH, they could, but I still think it's too soon judging by the fact that toy companies didn't get the concept arts. 2023 would be my guess.

Has it been confirmed that license partners didn’t receive any spoiler material prior to NWH debuting? I suppose the lack of communication from companies like Hasbro and even Funko do back up the notion, but I was just curious as I’m still hoping there’ll be a big spoiler merchandise push in the coming months, perhaps after the film releases on home media. It’s funny to think things like style guides were created just to push pretty banal merchandise like clothing :laugh: 

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

IKR. The smallest one I hope they could give us a proper T’Challa minifigure with new face printing. Do you think that would be a bad idea? I dunno maybe do what they’ve done with NWH, inspired with BP 1 movie. 

I mean, I suppose a small BP 1 set could be good. They've already done 3 wakandan ships, so maybe something more location-based, like the waterfall fight? I think the T'Challa face in the CMF was pretty good, but I guess it'd be nice to have one of him doing that more stoic impression.

30 minutes ago, T21Typhoon said:

Has it been confirmed that license partners didn’t receive any spoiler material prior to NWH debuting? I suppose the lack of communication from companies like Hasbro and even Funko do back up the notion, but I was just curious as I’m still hoping there’ll be a big spoiler merchandise push in the coming months, perhaps after the film releases on home media. It’s funny to think things like style guides were created just to push pretty banal merchandise like clothing :laugh: 

They definately didn't. Funko I think has the fastest turnaround of the three and even they won't have the VILLAIN pops out for a bit, much less the other spiders. Remember, Marvel's origional plan was to keep the villains secret as well, hence why the merchandise doesn't fit with the pre-film marketing as well, as the merch is heavily focused on Strange, and the trailers (moreso the second one) had a heavy villain focus.

3 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

We can’t completely rule it out, but the credibility of the rumours has taken a critical hit :snicker: I just wouldn’t expect it at this point, saves you the disappointment

We’ll that’s a damn shame. Looks like my most hyped sets will now be the Love and Thunder sets and the $500 set.

Edited by Moon_Knight

10 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

I’m still surprised with how many sets we are getting with this movie. There must be lots of surprise characters in this one. 

In my view we are dealing with a minimum of 11 figures they need for Black Panther 2:

1. Shuri (Normal)
2. Shuri (Black Panther outfit)
3. Nakia
4. Okoye
5. M'Baku
6. Everett Ross
7. Ayo
8. Aneka

Plus spoilery characters (Mentioned below) and you can even have a set be a legacy set featuring Black Panther :shrug_oh_well:

Spoiler

9. Riri Williams/Iron Heart (Confirmed to appear in the movie but it is unclear how large the role is)
10. Namor (Heavily rumored to appear and the plot of the film apparently adapts 'Atlantis Attacks')
11. Namora (Seemingly announced via casting)

You can also have some Atlantis Guards and depending on who the villain is, might just be Namor, you can throw in some other characters for conflicts.

The source material they are adapting from had a number of superheroes included, so it may wind up being a larger scale team-up movie than people expect. I'd also expect more cameos to try and sell the film after the success of NWH and how we hear Doctor Strange 2 might include a lot of cameos also.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

While the legacy theme does leave it open for them to revisit films at a later date, I feel leaving it too late will work out poorly. The villains and the heroes will still be popular enough to warrant it, but the focus of fans might have shifted to hype for potential future appearances by then. I've ordered versions of the figures just to be sure I have a way to represent them before the anniversary as I hope to have a small display set-up for them, but we'll have to see how that goes.

Even at a basic level I would hope we'd get the following by August:

• Comic accurate Electro with Star Helmet
    - Electro's involvement in NWH was announced in October 2020. Lego develops sets/figures based on what they expect to be in people's minds at the time of release so I'd hope for us to finally to get Electro by August, even if it is the comic version. This would be the last figure needed for a comic accurate Sinister Six, completing that for the 60th anniversary would be nice.
  • Spider-man Bust
    - With us already having a Bust of Venom & Carnage the lack of an iconic Spider-man Bust is baffling.
  • NWH Doc Ock figure
    - Doc Ock was the primary villain reveal in advertising. Putting him in a polybag would probably be easiest and could be attached to purchases over a certain amount on Spider-man Lego, throwing in the Iron Spider suit if needed.

Though I really hope the 20th anniversary of the Lego Spider-man sets and the 60th anniversary of Spider-man would give us more Spider-man related content than just that, let alone being the 10th anniversary of Avengers (2012) and how that should hopefully mean more legacy sets.

10 minutes ago, Moon_Knight said:

We’ll that’s a damn shame. Looks like my most hyped sets will now be the Love and Thunders sets and the $500 set.

Always been a fan of mechs and the intelligence/tech-based heroes, so my most hyped is probably the IW Hulkbuster though it has a high chance of being underwhelming as I think the design is tricky to adapt and it's not a design I particularly like and it's also probably going to include Bruce Banner rather than a variant Tony Stark or Iron Man suit... but should be good for using to make the original design.

The $500 set intrigues me, but I need it to be MCU Avengers Tower or perhaps a re-done MCU Shield Helicarrier for me to commit to that - mostly due to display space :tongue: Comic won't necessarily convince me unless the design is awesome.

Edited by Scarilian

6 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Depends. Do any of the upcoming shows feature marketable mechs? :tongue:

Fingers crossed for the She-Hulkbuster I guess. Or the Mooncopter. Or something from What If...? season 3 around the time of season 2s release

5 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I mean, I suppose a small BP 1 set could be good. They've already done 3 wakandan ships, so maybe something more location-based, like the waterfall fight? I think the T'Challa face in the CMF was pretty good, but I guess it'd be nice to have one of him doing that more stoic impression.

Yeah, personally I want a neutral expression for T’Challa or a serious looking one. I really hope they could do that. And I agree those bigger sets could be a play set location-based. But the real question is with Chadwick Boseman’s passing.. do you guys think it’s such a good idea including him in the toys/mechardise?

4 hours ago, Scarilian said:

In my view we are dealing with a minimum of 11 figures they need for Black Panther 2:

1. Shuri (Normal)
2. Shuri (Black Panther outfit)
3. Nakia
4. Okoye
5. M'Baku
6. Everett Ross
7. Ayo
8. Aneka

Plus spoilery characters (Mentioned below) and you can even have a set be a legacy set featuring Black Panther :shrug_oh_well:

Hide contents

9. Riri Williams/Iron Heart (Confirmed to appear in the movie but it is unclear how large the role is)
10. Namor (Heavily rumored to appear and the plot of the film apparently adapts 'Atlantis Attacks')
11. Namora (Seemingly announced via casting)

You can also have some Atlantis Guards and depending on who the villain is, might just be Namor, you can throw in some other characters for conflicts.

The source material they are adapting from had a number of superheroes included, so it may wind up being a larger scale team-up movie than people expect. I'd also expect more cameos to try and sell the film after the success of NWH and how we hear Doctor Strange 2 might include a lot of cameos also.

Yeah heard about the rumors too. But I still think the number of sets is quite alot, compare to what we are getting with let’s say Multiverse of Madness. I’m not complaining but… still it’s nice if they got an equal attention and love. Guaranteed M’baku and Okoye figures will be nice. Don’t lose hope they could do Michael B Johnson’s Killmonger too! 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

But I still think the number of sets is quite alot, compare to what we are getting with let’s say Multiverse of Madness.

The only non-spoilery characters you can do in theory are Doctor Strange, Wong, America Chavez, Scarlet Witch and Gargantos. They've already shown hints of other characters in the film via other companies toyline so I would not be too surprised if we get another Doctor Strange 2 set later this year given they have clearly provided concept art of certain characters to other companies so we could be in for a Lego Civil War Spider-man style additional set.

18 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I doubt they are happening at this point. Those 2 sets fulcrum mentioned months ago most likely are fake too 

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

I doubt they are happening at this point. Those 2 sets fulcrum mentioned months ago most likely are fake too 

One of them was the Bridge Battle polybag, or so he claimed :classic: Fulcrum is very trustworthy, but that one sounds awfully convenient :snicker:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah he was definitely wrong.

The polybag being the 4th set is such a terribly thought out lie :tongue:

Yeah, I don’t get why he didn’t just admit he was wrong. Even the most reliable leakers can be wrong once in a while, no shame in that. Maybe he was afraid the fans would tear him apart, but he was only delaying the inevitable if that’s the case :laugh_hard: Bake him away, toys!

10 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, I don’t get why he didn’t just admit he was wrong. Even the most reliable leakers can be wrong once in a while, no shame in that. Maybe he was afraid the fans would tear him apart, but he was only delaying the inevitable if that’s the case :laugh_hard: Bake him away, toys!

Maybe he isn't wrong? Or his source(s) hasn't told him its wrong? Do you tend to admit you're wrong when you don't know you're wrong? We have all these unknown set numbers. Anyone of them could be NWH even the 43 piece set could be an inspired by NWH set which would make him correct but extremely disappointing. :laugh:

In my view, a fourth NWH set has become pretty unlikely thanks to the levels of secrecy surrounding the production, which was more extensive than thought when even Funko was left in the dark (which was supremely pointless considering the leaks, but that’s beside the point). The only way I could see us getting a spoilery NWH set this year is if they take the Mando approach and fast-track it.

However, this depends on how that process worked :shrug_oh_well: I’m pretty sure the Razor Crest set was already designed when the series started (considering it was visible in that leaked teaser) and the only thing they had to rush out was Grogu since nobody outside of production knew about him. The question is if the most important action set piece in NWH (Lady Liberty) was revealed to merchandising partners or not. If that was kept a secret along with the characters, we‘re doomed :laugh_hard:

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah, his credibility has definitely taken a hit with those fake Rex/Cody and CMF rumors.

There’s a recent list of NWH Wave 2 Funko POPs circulating so I wouldn’t lose hope in more Lego sets yet. This is a big year for Lego Marvel and the Spider-Man IP in general, I’m sure they won’t screw this up. We just have to be patient. It took them a while to pump out sets for Mando Season Two, and that was a similar case to NWH where there were rumors and leaks of beloved legacy characters returning that did not show up in promo material.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah he was definitely wrong.

The polybag being the 4th set is such a terribly thought out lie :tongue:

We wouldn't even be in this much of a frenzy over more NWH sets if he didn't tease them. Sure, we would've wanted more regardless but he gave us hope. I wish he didn't post that "3 down 2 to go" thing at all

If and I mean a big IF the Raimi sets are happening, do you think LEGO will have to do a completely new mold for the Goblin helmet or they'll just be lazy and just use the firefly helmet and just print it? And IF they do the Raimi sets, will they make sets based on Non-MCU Movies like the Fox X-Men films and the old Fantastic Four movies? 

Also I want sets based on some Marvel games but that's just wishful thinking.

29 minutes ago, PixelMix said:

If and I mean a big IF the Raimi sets are happening, do you think LEGO will have to do a completely new mold for the Goblin helmet or they'll just be lazy and just use the firefly helmet and just print it? And IF they do the Raimi sets, will they make sets based on Non-MCU Movies like the Fox X-Men films and the old Fantastic Four movies? 

Also I want sets based on some Marvel games but that's just wishful thinking.

It really depends, but I’m leaning towards them reusing the Antman/Firefly helmet with printing, I just couldn’t see them making a new mold for just a figure that won’t be reoccuring character moving forward. 

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It really depends, but I’m leaning towards them reusing the Antman/Firefly helmet with printing, I just couldn’t see them making a new mold for just a figure that won’t be reoccuring character moving forward. 

I mean LEGO made an entirely new mold for Yellowjacket and Killmonger, I guess LEGO just chooses to be lazy whenever they feel like it. 

Edited by PixelMix

1 hour ago, PixelMix said:

I mean LEGO made an entirely new mold for Yellowjacket and Killmonger, I guess LEGO just chooses to be lazy whenever they feel like it. 

Killmonger? Wym? Yeah Yellowjacket was a perfection minus the printed head.