Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Is it true that there would not be a Marvel Serie 2 this year? I mean the rumor about 4 series in one year is false as I heard. 

So we now have three big budget sets?
76210: ? (500€) - June?
76215: IW Hulkbuster (250€) - March?
76218: ? ($210, 2708 pcs) - August

I really hope 76210 is Avengers/Stark Tower and 76218 is NWH Final Battle.

22 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

Should we wait for Spider-Man 60th anniversary sets?

I think it'll be foolish of Lego not to capitalise on the 60th anniversary in some form, even if that form is only a few more comic inspired Spider-man sets. I think we'll need to wait for a while to get a sense of IF Lego have any intention to give us more movie focused Spider-man sets, but similarly I think it'd be too much of a missed opportunity not to give us something else movie related, especially seeing as we are still getting polybags inspired by NWH.

I'm also still expecting another MCU legacy wave this year, but in general it looks like we'll have to wait for more reveals later on.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Prices from Fulcrum. 76231 is definitely an Advent Calendar. 

Updated summary so far, spoiler tagged for space :P

Spoiler

APRIL 1st:

• 76202: Wolverine Mech Armor
  • 76203: Iron Man Mech Armor
  • 76204: Black Panther Mech Armor
  • 76219 (Ant-Man $19.99 / 20€ 298 pieces)

APRIL 26th:

• 76207 (Love and Thunder; 20€, 159 pcs)
  • 76208 (Love and Thunder; 50€, 564 pcs)

JUNE 1st:

• 76216 ($90, 496 pcs) - could be DC or Marvel
  • 76217 (476 pcs) - could be DC or Marvel

AUGUST 1st:

• 76218 ($210, 2708 pcs) - could be DC or Marvel
  • 76220 4+ ($10, 43 pcs) - could be DC or Marvel
  • 76221 ($50, 456 pcs) - could be DC or Marvel 

SEPTEMBER 1st:

• 76225 ($25)- could be DC or Marvel
  • 76226 ($25) - could be DC or Marvel
  • 76231 ($45, 268 pcs) - potentially an Advent Calendar, could be DC or Marvel

OCTOBER 1st:

• 76211 (Wakanda Forever; 50€, 355 pcs)
  • 76212 (Wakanda Forever; 10€, 58 pcs)
  • 76213 (Wakanda Forever; 30€, 355 pcs)
  • 76214 (Wakanda Forever; 80€)

UNKNOWN RELEASE DATES:

Notes/Edits:
76209 (120€) was revealed as DC :(

OMG, all the Marvel sets are out of stock. I really hope they don't just retire because I'll not be able to get a lot of sets I want :(

Edited by hvader

2 hours ago, Brickroll said:

And the tower of fate too, don’t forget that one, plus even though it seems more unlikely now, Fulcrum still backed up his Mario rumor

You mix up the sources.

You're talking about a completely different person.

30 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

I really hope 76210 is Avengers/Stark Tower and 76218 is NWH Final Battle.

They wouldn't do a 210€ No Way Home set, it makes no sense from business perspective.

It can't be too small, but it also can't be too big - just look at Endgame Final Battle. Perfect for profit.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They wouldn't do a 210€ No Way Home set, it makes no sense from business perspective.

The alternative is that it'll be the rumored Thor's Hammer... and that'd just be disappointing.

Keep in mind the date for the 76218 is most likely May because of how retailers get d2cs usually around 3 months after the release in lego stores

Could it be that the Advent Calendar is based of the Disney+ shows and the rumors were mixed up or something?

I apologise if someone else has brought this up before, but could 76218 be the rumoured Mjolnir set? I mean, it‘s 18+ and the PPR looks pretty appropriate… At that price point, it could be a decent replica :laugh:

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Could it be that the Advent Calendar is based of the Disney+ shows and the rumors were mixed up or something?

No way. The „rumour“ was pretty specific (e.g. hinting that last year’s shows would also be revisited), so a simple mix-up can be ruled out :wink: It was just BS

7 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Fetch your torches and pitchforks people, and give that so-called leaker a taste of the pain he inflicted on us :devil: :laugh_hard:

Good thing I didn’t fully buy into these rumours, but having the CMF count be reduced from the alleged 5 to „just“ 3 really hurts, especially since only one of them is licensed. The regular series are fine and all, but I got used to the two-licensed-srries-a-year pattern

to be fair fulcrum perpetuated these rumors months ago by saying there were 2 more NWH sets on the way 

26 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

No. The rumours were clear.

55 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

The alternative is that it'll be the rumored Thor's Hammer... and that'd just be disappointing.

Bruh, a 2700 piece Mjolnir? No way.

26 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bruh, a 2700 piece Mjolnir? No way. 

Not really sure, what else could it be? :look: 

With the 250€ IW Hulkbuster and the unknown 500€ set presumably being the most iconic thing possible Avenger/Stark Tower, I'm not sure what else they can adapt. The only other rumour we have had is Thor's Hammer, to which a May release (Refer to Falcon's remark) would make sense as the film was at one stage scheduled for May 6th 2022, but even then the piece count seems too high even if they made it life-size as we've seen that done for less than 2,000 pieces. Part of me is considering if it's just going to wind up being another of the 'art' theme, but even then the price would be too high for the part count.

The price-to-piece ratio, $210 for 2708 pieces, is throwing me off a bit also and retailers getting the set in August makes me lean more towards Spider-man as that would be perfectly timed for the 60th anniversary.

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Keep in mind the date for the 76218 is most likely May because of how retailers get d2cs usually around 3 months after the release in lego stores

So we'd get 76215 IW Hulkbuster (250€) presumably in March as it was the first we heard details about, then whatever 76218 ($210) is in May but then we have 76210 (500€) presumably following closely behind that sometime between June and August. Would Lego really release so many high price Marvel D2C's so close together? Feels like a bit much. It'll be nice and all I'm sure, but I can hear the wallets screaming now if these wind up being awesome sets.

Edited by Scarilian

5 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Not really sure, what else could it be? :look: 

With the 250€ IW Hulkbuster and the unknown 500€ set presumably being the most iconic thing possible Avenger/Stark Tower, I'm not sure what else they can adapt. The only other rumour we have had is Thor's Hammer, to which a May release (Refer to Falcon's remark) would make sense as the film was at one stage scheduled for May 6th 2022, but even then the piece count seems too high even if they made it life-size as we've seen that done for less than 2,000 pieces. Part of me is considering if it's just going to wind up being another of the 'art' theme, but even then the price would be too high for the part count.

The price-to-piece ratio, $210 for 2708 pieces, is throwing me off a bit also and retailers getting the set in August makes me lean more towards Spider-man as that would be perfectly timed for the 60th anniversary.

So we'd get 76215 IW Hulkbuster (250€) presumably in March as it was the first we heard details about, then whatever 76218 ($210) is in May but then we have 76210 (500€) presumably following closely behind that sometime between June and August. Would Lego really release so many high price Marvel D2C's so close together? Feels like a bit much. It'll be nice and all I'm sure, but I can hear the wallets screaming now if these wind up being awesome sets.

Another Batman vehicle D2C.

1 hour ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

to be fair fulcrum perpetuated these rumors months ago by saying there were 2 more NWH sets on the way 

1 of which he clarified was the polybag. Aslong as one of the numbers is NWH then he was right still. The recent rumours might be fake but Fulcrums NWH comment still stands until proven otherwise by all the other numbers being revealed.

Wait, I'm confused, why are the CMF 2 (and the spiderman NWH and Raimi sets) rumours false now?

Edited by BigA_7

6 minutes ago, BigA_7 said:

Wait, I'm confused, why are the CMF 2 (and the spiderman NWH and Raimi set rumours) false now?

Because a retail site listed the names of a lot of this summer’s Lego products and for CMFs, there’s a Series 23 listed. No fourth series, no Marvel Series 2 and no Mario CMF. 

I don’t think this means the NWH and Raimi sets rumor is inherently wrong as that’s a separate rumor that’s been around longer; though I think the person who leaked the Marvel Series 2 rumor might have ”corroborated” them.  I’m still wary of this particular rumor though, or more specifically, I’m skeptical of the Raimi sets part of the rumor. (I’m confident we’ll get at least one more NWH set regardless. Ideally with most of, if not all of, the missing characters.) I don’t even know who the source of that was.

Is it possible that 76218 could be a Sanctum Sanctorum or Asgard?  Both of those seem like decent candidates for a minifigure scale D2C if it isn't something Spider-Man related.

15 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

Is it possible that 76218 could be a Sanctum Sanctorum or Asgard?  Both of those seem like decent candidates for a minifigure scale D2C if it isn't something Spider-Man related.

I definitely think it’s possible. I never would have thought we’d be getting a Daily Bugle D2C before an Avengers Tower but that happened last year. I’d say that either the Sanctum or Asgard would be a definite possibility, especially since they’d be associated with Doctor Strange and Thor respectively, both of whom are getting new movies this year.

I think people are leaning more towards  the Avengers Tower theory though, since the original Avengers film came out ten years ago this year and would be a fitting choice for a big 10th Anniversary set with it also being the anniversary of Lego Marvel in general.

Edited by The Stud

We also should note that, unless I missed something, we have no confirmation that either of the two D2Cs beyond the Hulkbuster are Marvel. For all we know, they could both be DC. Just something to be aware of while we're here speculating. 

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Where was 76215 ever confirmed to be the Hulkbuster 

Hmm... So does that mean 76218 is the Hulkbuster, and somehow another set just appeared in the midst of all this confusion. I suppose that would make sense with price and piece count given what we know... 

Edited by NoOneOfImportance

24 minutes ago, The Stud said:

Because a retail site listed the names of a lot of this summer’s Lego products and for CMFs, there’s a Series 23 listed. No fourth series, no Marvel Series 2 and no Mario CMF. 

I don’t think this means the NWH and Raimi sets rumor is inherently wrong as that’s a separate rumor that’s been around longer; though I think the person who leaked the Marvel Series 2 rumor might have ”corroborated” them.  I’m still wary of this particular rumor though, or more specifically, I’m skeptical of the Raimi sets part of the rumor. (I’m confident we’ll get at least one more NWH set regardless. Ideally with most of, if not all of, the missing characters.) I don’t even know who the source of that was.

Damn, that doesn't fully disprove the rumour but it doesn't look too good. I really hope Raimi sets do happen because even without the NWH hype it is still the 20th anniversary of not only the first lego superhero thing ever but also one of the most iconic and highly praised superhero movies which are beloved by many.

10 minutes ago, The Stud said:

I think people are leaning more towards  the Avengers Tower theory though, since the original Avengers film came out ten years ago this year and would be a fitting choice for a big 10th Anniversary set with it also being the anniversary of Lego Marvel in general.

My guessing that 76218 could a Sanctum Sanctorum or Asgard is mostly under the assumption that 76210 is an Avengers Tower, mostly because I can't really see anything else Marvel themed warranting a $500 price point.  And of course, that's also assuming neither set number is actually for DC.

5 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Where was 76215 ever confirmed to be the Hulkbuster 

And the plot thickens...