Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, PixelMix said:

yeah for years, it seems that LEGO has had a hard-on for Marvel. DC is like the least favorite child of the family while Marvel is like the overachieving prodigy.

I have sympathy for DC fans in this regard, but for perspective, Marvel fans have been begging for a CMF for years and finally just got one (and a D+ CMF is very different from an all-encompassing CMF like the DC CMFs have been). Lego makes Marvel movie sets because they are immensely popular, and I feel lucky that we've gotten as many DC sets as we have. The $100 set being DC definitely isn't a surprise to me, given how much Marvel Studios love is going around, and how many comic-based DC sets we typically get.

I mean, we're getting a Klarion set/figure allegedly... Lego hasn't gone ANYWHERE that deep into Marvel comic-based sets. We have I think only 4-5 xmen so far, for example?

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

I have sympathy for DC fans in this regard, but for perspective, Marvel fans have been begging for a CMF for years and finally just got one (and a D+ CMF is very different from an all-encompassing CMF like the DC CMFs have been). Lego makes Marvel movie sets because they are immensely popular, and I feel lucky that we've gotten as many DC sets as we have. The $100 set being DC definitely isn't a surprise to me, given how much Marvel Studios love is going around, and how many comic-based DC sets we typically get.

I mean, we're getting a Klarion set/figure allegedly... Lego hasn't gone ANYWHERE that deep into Marvel comic-based sets. We have I think only 4-5 xmen so far, for example?

Klarion had a notable part in Young Justice, so he's basically in the same bag as Hyperion and The Super Adaptoid. So yeah, they have gone that deep in Marvel sets before.

3 hours ago, PixelMix said:

yeah for years, it seems that LEGO has had a hard-on for Marvel. DC is like the least favorite child of the family while Marvel is like the overachieving prodigy.

Part of this is because marvel sells better then dc. Batman sets also sell better then most other dc sets like justice league sets 

I'm glad DC is getting a bit of love after the past few dry years, but I will be very disappointed if we don't get any NWH spoiler sets. Guess I wouldn't be surprised given that the only one we got for Endgame was the weird Avengers helicopter set, of which only had a little bit of spoiler content (Rescue and the Stark gauntlet). We did eventually get more Endgame sets in 2021, so it could take a similar time gap for NWH?

I feel like including the new connection pieces from 80033 in the Hulkbuster Ultron Edition would be a good upgrade for anyone considering modifying that set. I feel like the IW Hulkbuster we are going to get this year is going to use that piece also. Seems like it could be useful for mechs for arm/leg rotation and stability.

4 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

We did eventually get more Endgame sets in 2021, so it could take a similar time gap for NWH?

Generally we've been told that if we are getting NWH sets they would be in Summer 2022 at the earliest. People just hoped it'd be the 120€ set in March because it was a mystery set labelled as Marvel.

I hope this means we get more Spider-Man sets, hopefully based on the Raimi trilogy. 

6 hours ago, Mr No said:

I hope this means we get more Spider-Man sets, hopefully based on the Raimi trilogy. 

well that's literally what the rumors have been saying

On 1/2/2022 at 5:41 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. On top of that, all of the Guardians (minus Drax :poke:) are still available in current sets and they might also show up in additional Infinity Saga sets :classic:

Drax is in every set ever released in every theme though? Can you not see him?

Was the $100 one that ended up being DC one the one everyone thought was a NWH spoiler one? Because if it releases 2021 1HY there's no way it'd have tobey and andrew. 

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I was wondering, i bought Gargantos set and there is female teenager figure. Its this another superhero that anybody never heard of or random citizen figure?

He is wearing rainbow pin, its this her superpower?

Im genuinely asking because I dont care about new marvel movies. I just buy this set for that monster and Strange and Wong figures.

She ended like normal citizen, because its interesting minifigure for this.

2 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I was wondering, i bought Gargantos set and there is female teenager figure. Its this another superhero that anybody never heard of or random citizen figure?

America Chavez, I wouldn't say it's a superhero nobody has ever heard of she's one of the more popular characters for marvels 2010's roster of new characters.

5 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

America Chavez, I wouldn't say it's a superhero nobody has ever heard of she's one of the more popular characters for marvels 2010's roster of new characters.

Thanks, I found some info yeah I know now meaning of that badge.

I read that these new comics sells very poorly thanks to new characters. So I stick to original avengers assembly and she stays as citizen.

Edited by Ondra

2 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I read that these new comics sells very poorly thanks to new characters.

That's actually barely true and mostly a talking point used by some less than savoury internet personalities but I feel like getting into that will get us into trouble.

24 minutes ago, Childish Goblino said:

That's actually barely true and mostly a talking point used by some less than savoury internet personalities but I feel like getting into that will get us into trouble.

Bad writing, unlikable characters that replace established ones and bad movies with blown budgets  will only get Mouse pocket into troubles. Not me...

3 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Bad writing, unlikable characters that replace established ones and bad movies with blown budgets  will only get Mouse pocket into troubles. Not me...

An hour ago you weren't even familiar with any of Marvel's "new" (Chavez has been around for a decade now so I don't think she can be considered new anymore) enough to recognise one of the main cast of Young Avengers but now you can confidently say they're all poorly written and unlikeable? I think for the benefit of us both and to not clog the thread with barley on-topic discussion that will obviously go nowhere this conversation should have ended like 4 posts ago.

1 minute ago, Childish Goblino said:

An hour ago you weren't even familiar with any of Marvel's "new" (Chavez has been around for a decade now so I don't think she can be considered new anymore) enough to recognise one of the main cast of Young Avengers but now you can confidently say they're all poorly written and unlikeable? I think for the benefit of us both and to not clog the thread with barley on-topic discussion that will obviously go nowhere this conversation should have ended like 4 posts ago.

I watch few movies after endgame, except Spiderman they are waste of time. 

They even ruined Star Wars for me... For very same reasons, bad unrealistic writing leaning on one side of reality...

They are skipping X-Mens in MCU... I wonder really why...

34 minutes ago, Ondra said:

I watch few movies after endgame, except Spiderman they are waste of time. 

They even ruined Star Wars for me... For very same reasons, bad unrealistic writing leaning on one side of reality...

They are skipping X-Mens in MCU... I wonder really why...

Unrealistic writing? It's a space opera :jollyroger:

Also, they aren't skipping X-Men. Not to mention that a second ago you said that you don't care about new Marvel movies.

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Unrealistic writing? It's a space opera :jollyroger:

Also, they aren't skipping X-Men. Not to mention that a second ago you said that you don't care about new Marvel movies.

Dont try pick me on every world I say... I give movie a spin based on unpaid fan reviews If is entertaining me and not lecturing me...

Last film for me was Bond movie, guess what they destroyed Bond legacy. So I do not have any heroes left...

These new films are not only destroying legacy, they are destroying whole industry with small cinemas in mind.

18 minutes ago, Ondra said:

Dont try pick me on every world I say... I give movie a spin based on unpaid fan reviews If is entertaining me and not lecturing me...

Last film for me was Bond movie, guess what they destroyed Bond legacy. So I do not have any heroes left...

These new films are not only destroying legacy, they are destroying whole industry with small cinemas in mind.

I’ll be your Hero. 

50 minutes ago, Ondra said:

based

1 hour ago, Ondra said:

That's why it's one of the best reviewed Bond movies, both by fans and critics, and the 4th highest grossing film of 2021. It didn't destroy anything.

Love how you're trying to objectively say that new films are "destroying cinema" - they are saving it. Just look at No Way Home.

I know it's not technically 2022 discussion but does anyone know when the Shang Chi sets are going to be discontinued in the uk? I was hoping to get the car chase set for a discount but almost no one else is selling it outside of Lego.com

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I know it's not technically 2022 discussion but does anyone know when the Shang Chi sets are going to be discontinued in the uk? I was hoping to get the car chase set for a discount but almost no one else is selling it outside of Lego.com

The availability of the Shang-Chi sets has been atrocious in a lot of European countries. No idea when it will be discontinued but if you really want the sets you're probably gonna have to bite the bullet. I bought the Great Protector set on S@H a few months ago but despite wanting to complete the figure lineup for the film I have no real desire to spend 35 euro on the Escape from the Ten Rings set, might have to though :def_shrug:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's why it's one of the best reviewed Bond movies, both by fans and critics, and the 4th highest grossing film of 2021. It didn't destroy anything.

Love how you're trying to objectively say that new films are "destroying cinema" - they are saving it. Just look at No Way Home.

You sound like you never watched any Bond movie so this last true Bond movie means nothing to you. There is line, that was crossed, and they want from me to come back and tell like this never happen...

This happens a lot, for sake of shocks they destroyed all of these characters, movie places that we love. And they are replacing them with generic superhero that actually nobody cares at all.

Takes these modern unfunny, uninspiring movies constantly reminding to someone how they are bad for sake of breathing. Im not paying for this for ever...

Everyone this is not a general film discussion thread—please keep the discussion on Lego Marvel. 

Thank you! 

Man literally joined the LEGO Marvel forum to complain about modern movies ruining cinema... that's funny :grin:

Do you guys think that the confusion with Love and Thunder sets release date (March, April, May) will cause them to leak earlier, before March, even if we'll end up getting them in May?