Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I would not be surprised if 76209 is 'Thor's Hammer' which would allow people to buy the hammer before the original planned release of Thor: Love & Thunder which was May 6th 2022 before the recent delays - it would also fit with the numbering of the other Thor sets.

Mjolnir for 120€? No way.

1 hour ago, Scarilian said:

I would not be surprised if 76209 is 'Thor's Hammer' which would allow people to buy the hammer before the original planned release of Thor: Love & Thunder which was May 6th 2022 before the recent delays - it would also fit with the numbering of the other Thor sets.

I wouldn’t hope for this 

16 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Mjolnir for 120€? No way.

The Infinity Gauntlet was 69.99€. In terms of pricing, for a build that's around 1.5x the size, I can see that happening. Especially with Lego hiking up the prices of some sets. It'd also make sense from a playability mindset to release Thor's Hammer prior to Love & Thunder. The Hammer itself could work as a legacy set also :shrug_oh_well:

16 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t hope for this 

I would not hope for it either, but it seems like it'd be a logical choice and fit with when we first heard reports of a potential Thor's Hammer 18+ set. Unless you know otherwise? :P

5 hours ago, Flaming Bricks said:

I made a MOC of how I think set 76207 will look like! For $20 I believe the Lego Marvel Thor: Love And Thunder set will look something like this!

I'd switch out Jane Foster's Thor, cannot see us getting her in a cheaper set personally.

• Smaller set would probably be Thor, Korg, Meik and Sif. The inclusion of Meik allows them to have four 'figures' in a cheap set, you can switch out Sif for Starlord depending on who has a larger role.
  • Larger set would be something like Gorr, Thor (Variant outfit), Jane Foster's Thor and Valkyrie

Since we have only two sets for Love and Thunder, I just can't see us getting any Guardians in those sets.

We already have two Thors (one for each set, hopefully one has the rad jacket), Mighty Thor, Valkyrie, Gorr, Korg, Miek and Sif, and there's only so many minifigs they can include.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Since we have only two sets for Love and Thunder, I just can't see us getting any Guardians in those sets.

Indeed. On top of that, all of the Guardians (minus Drax :poke:) are still available in current sets and they might also show up in additional Infinity Saga sets :classic:

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed. On top of that, all of the Guardians (minus Drax :poke:) are still available in current sets and they might also show up in additional Infinity Saga sets :classic:

Or perhaps a GoTG Holiday Special Advent Calendar :excited:

That would be amazing, I'm not expecting it tho.

1414FalconFan posted multiple catalogs from various countries with their own release dates ranging from March to May. Now I have no idea when to expect these sets.

This may have been talked about, but what is with the "-1" on the end of the Gargantos set number? I dont recall seeing that before, does that mean another version of the set?

25 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

This may have been talked about, but what is with the "-1" on the end of the Gargantos set number? I dont recall seeing that before, does that mean another version of the set?

I think it's something to do with when they rerelease a set with some changes? Like with the Resistance Bomber. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=75188-3#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

7 hours ago, Buckethead said:

1414FalconFan posted multiple catalogs from various countries with their own release dates ranging from March to May. Now I have no idea when to expect these sets.

It depends when the catalogs were released also, as the most up-to-date would in theory have the accurate release. Personally I'd dismiss 'March' as a release for Thor 4 sets, that feels like the original release date.

I'd lean more towards May than April, as April is now packed with the mechs - perhaps the original plan was moving it to April and then they pushed it back another month when the mechs had to be delayed.

Ideal scenario:

• 120€ (NWH set? with the FFH polybag as a gift with purchase) and the 250€ IW Hulkbuster releasing in March
  • Mechs releasing in April
  • Thor 4 sets + Thor's Hammer 18+ set in May
  • $500€ Stark/Avengers Tower set, IW accessory pack, legacy wave split over June/July
  • Spider-man Legacy sets in July (ready for the anniversary on August 1st)
  • Black Panther 2 and comic-inspired Spider-man sets (Electro with mask perhaps) in August
  • Marvel Minifigure Series 2 September

:shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

It depends when the catalogs were released also, as the most up-to-date would in theory have the accurate release. Personally I'd dismiss 'March' as a release for Thor 4 sets, that feels like the original release date.

I'd lean more towards May than April, as April is now packed with the mechs - perhaps the original plan was moving it to April and then they pushed it back another month when the mechs had to be delayed.

Ideal scenario:

• 120€ (NWH set? with the FFH polybag as a gift with purchase) and the 250€ IW Hulkbuster releasing in March
  • Mechs releasing in April
  • Thor 4 sets + Thor's Hammer 18+ set in May
  • $500€ Stark/Avengers Tower set, IW accessory pack, legacy wave split over June/July
  • Spider-man Legacy sets in July (ready for the anniversary on August 1st)
  • Black Panther 2 and comic-inspired Spider-man sets (Electro with mask perhaps) in August
  • Marvel Minifigure Series 2 September

:shrug_oh_well:

And I hope we get an annual advent calendar like with Star Wars and City.

I would imagine something like a Marvel Legacy line of sets where LEGO makes marvel sets based on Non-MCU Marvel movies such as the Raimi Spider-Man movies, TASM, and the Fox X-Men movies. If so, I would love to finally get a Mystique minifigure. Also I would love to get minifigures based on the other marvel games such as Strike Force and Future Revolution. 

Guys take a shot whenever LEGO makes a Hulkbuster set.

Welp . . .

76216, 76217, and 76218 are still unknown to the public. Maybe one of them could be the No Way Home set.

On 12/24/2021 at 12:48 AM, Mr No said:

76264 Spider-Man Final Showdown

Please, tell me they atleast do sets on the most important parts of the trilogy and gives us all the villains. 

I'm more concerned about that Pizza Time polybag...

Super excited for the 2022 MCU sets! I hope we get a good Mighty Thor figure in the Love and Thunder sets. Getting three exclusive minifigures in the Multiverse of Madness set with great prints makes me more hopeful for the quality of minifigures this year. I can't wait until the delayed mechs come out too, and the 18+ Mjolnir rumor sounds kind of awesome, actually. I'm a sucker for display pieces of iconic objects!

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

But was it reported to be Marvel? Hmmm.

Stonewars.de had it listed as one of the Marvel sets for 2022 :shrug_oh_well:

Stonewars.de also has the original release dates for most the planned 2022 sets, so the original intent seems like it would have given us something every month other than February - which is presumably when the mechs would have originally released.

As of now, the next confirmed set releases we have are in April being the mechs, however chances are the D2C IW Hulkbuster could be a March set like the previous Hulkbuster and the Helicarrier. We could always get sets that are not currently known I guess.

That rules out any more Spider-Man film sets until summer I guess (if they exist), bummer but nice to see DC getting some love after constantly getting the short end of the stick. 

Edited by T21Typhoon

yeah for years, it seems that LEGO has had a hard-on for Marvel. DC is like the least favorite child of the family while Marvel is like the overachieving prodigy.