Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

On 12/24/2021 at 4:43 AM, BigA_7 said:

If there were Tobey sets that would be "so good"

I'd love it if they updated the Uncle Ben car chase with 6 or 8 wide cars.

I feel any Tobey sets, if we get them, would be a way to cover characters or villains that the NWH set does not. Even at a basic level if we get a remake of 4851 for instance:

• Green Goblin with his mask (No Glider, that would only be in the NWH set)
  • Norman Osborn face without goggles (NWH set he'd have the goggles on)

Something like that would encourage people to get the Tobey set even if they have not seen the Tobey films, sort of a cross promotion aspect. If you want Green Goblin as he appeared on the bridge or in the Raimi series then you need both the NWH and Tobey set to get both his Mask and Glider, if you want to replicate scenes of Norman without his goggles such as the scene at F.E.A.S.T. or the appartment then you need both the NWH set which has his final battle outfit and the Tobey set with his non-goggle face. This adds another reason to ensure the sets sell well even if they are based on movies from nearing 20 years ago.

I'd imagine if we get Tobey sets they would be remakes of 4851 which has Green Goblin and Mary Jane along with either 4855 or 4857 which include Doc Ock and a supporting character either Harry Osborn or J.J.Jameson. Even if you trimmed the supporting characters, these sets are generally the more iconic moments of the franchise on a smaller scale.

spider-man-2-doc-ock.jpg

4856 is also possible because In theory it is the only time you could get away with having Doc Ock looking somewhat like the bridge scene while also serving as a remake of a prior set, granted he wears a different outfit but it's close enough.

Edited by Scarilian

8 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I feel any Tobey sets, if we get them, would be a way to cover characters or villains that the NWH set does not. Even at a basic level if we get a remake of 4851 for instance:

• Green Goblin with his mask (No Glider, that would only be in the NWH set)
  • Norman Osborn face without goggles (NWH set he'd have the goggles on)

Something like that would encourage people to get the Tobey set even if they have not seen the Tobey films, sort of a cross promotion aspect. If you want Green Goblin as he appeared on the bridge or in the Raimi series then you need both the NWH and Tobey set to get both his Mask and Glider, if you want to replicate scenes of Norman without his goggles such as the scene at F.E.A.S.T. or the appartment then you need both the NWH set which has his final battle outfit and the Tobey set with his non-goggle face. This adds another reason to ensure the sets sell well even if they are based on movies from nearing 20 years ago.

I'd imagine if we get Tobey sets they would be remakes of 4851 which has Green Goblin and Mary Jane along with either 4855 or 4857 which include Doc Ock and a supporting character either Harry Osborn or J.J.Jameson. Even if you trimmed the supporting characters, these sets are generally the more iconic moments of the franchise on a smaller scale.

4856 is also possible because In theory it is the only time you could get away with having Doc Ock looking somewhat like the bridge scene while also serving as a remake of a prior set, granted he wears a different outfit but it's close enough.

I can see this happening too. Like they can still have the NWH branding like the current sets we have, but they'll be "Inspired by the Raimi films" 

Lego fulcrum on his Instagram stories said that one of the 2 sets he said was coming out based on NWH was that bridge battle polybag. Now we just have 1 more NWH set to look forward to based on his claims. This ties into the raimi leaks we got afew days ago that said 1 large NWH set has yet to release.

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

I think someone brought this up last time, but I don’t think I heard anyone answer: given Andrew’s increased popularity due to apparently being really good in NWH (about to see it today, the fact that it’s almost the tenth anniversary of TASM, and the new rumors of Tobey sets, any chance we see something from his movies? They’re much less popular and widely considered to be pretty weak (I like them), but Lego has made sets based off of films that were weaker in other themes long after they came out.

5 hours ago, Brickroll said:

I think someone brought this up last time, but I don’t think I heard anyone answer: given Andrew’s increased popularity due to apparently being really good in NWH (about to see it today, the fact that it’s almost the tenth anniversary of TASM, and the new rumors of Tobey sets, any chance we see something from his movies? They’re much less popular and widely considered to be pretty weak (I like them), but Lego has made sets based off of films that were weaker in other themes long after they came out.

I don’t think so just because I can’t think of anything from these movies that could make for interesting builds (maybe the Oscorp tower from TASM 1?) 

If they want to make TASM villains they can just easily include them in new NWH sets

15 hours ago, Lady Bone Demon said:

Did anyone else have a duplicate bag for the Marvel Advent Calendar? Instead of Day 24's Infinity Gauntlet, I got another Day 15 Captain Marvel. :angry:

I had errors in two of 7 calendars, one city (duplicate bag) and one friends (with missing critical pieces). My HP, marvel (x2) and SW (x2) were fine thankfully. 

8 hours ago, hvader said:

I don’t think so just because I can’t think of anything from these movies that could make for interesting builds (maybe the Oscorp tower from TASM 1?) 

If they want to make TASM villains they can just easily include them in new NWH sets

I mean The Lizard's Lair™ and Electro's Battle at the Power Plant™ sounds like something Lego could make

2 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I mean The Lizard's Lair™ and Electro's Battle at the Power Plant™ sounds like something Lego could make

the times square fight, the opening scene with Rhino driving the truck (anything to give lego another excuse to include a vehicle in the set) the sewer fight, the school fight, all of these are pretty set-worthy imo

17 minutes ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

I know there was some discussion about why BP2 was getting more sets than other movies a while ago. Figured this would be relevant: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/black-panther-2-and-spider-verse-2-top-fandangos-most-anticipated-2022-movies-survey/

Not sure how viable that is. It may get delayed to February 2023 so unsure what will happen with the sets :def_shrug:

20 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Not sure how viable that is. It may get delayed to February 2023 so unsure what will happen with the sets :def_shrug:

As far as I'm aware, it's not getting delayed. They're supposed to continue filming next month, and due to the Doctor Strange reshoots, they moved from July to November, giving them an extra four months of production. They may need to rush post-production, but I don't think the movie or sets will get delayed.

12 hours ago, The Real Walkers said:

At the risk of putting my ahead above the parapet, here's a quick article I wrote for Blocks that outlines 5 ideas for sets based on No Way Home. Obviously, MAJOR spoilers for the film: https://blocksmag.com/lego-sets-we-need-from-spider-man-no-way-home/ 

Not to be a prick on main but why did you call the Lizard an amphibian? Lizards are reptiles, a totally different branch of the animal kingdom. ( And as an altered human the Lizard himself would be a mammal, at least from a certain point of view.)

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

New Antman set coming next year per Falcon’s post. 

I was really expecting an Infinity Saga set of Giant-Man, but I guess it’s just a mech…

13 minutes ago, hvader said:

I was really expecting an Infinity Saga set of Giant-Man, but I guess it’s just a mech…

Antman and Wasp one of them could use an update maybe a new helmet. Please.

Last year, they released a 20€ mech two-pack in April...

So yeah, I guess it's a mech set. Even though they don't interest me in any way, I'm glad they've chosen a more unique Superhero like Ant-Man.

Wonder what the second character will be. Wasp would be logical, but it also would be logical to include a villain.

15 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not to be a prick on main but why did you call the Lizard an amphibian? Lizards are reptiles, a totally different branch of the animal kingdom. ( And as an altered human the Lizard himself would be a mammal, at least from a certain point of view.)

Why? Ignorance, dear Kallus. I completely forgot the animal kingdoms were a thing (oops) - I've written to amend and thanks for the point!

Edited by The Real Walkers

15 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Last year, they released a 20€ mech two-pack in April...

So yeah, I guess it's a mech set. Even though they don't interest me in any way, I'm glad they've chosen a more unique Superhero like Ant-Man.

Wonder what the second character will be. Wasp would be logical, but it also would be logical to include a villain.

Well I've run the numbers, the previous Giant Man build from Civil War was 140 pieces, and the Spidey Vs Doc Ock mech set was 305 pieces. 

So if this set is 298 pieces, there's still hope it could be an updated Giant Man. I know one of the more common complaints in this community is "why does <insert superhero here> need a vehicle or mech", but Ant Man really shouldn't need one when he can grow

Even if it is a mech though, I hope Ant Man looks as good as the new Black Panther figure. As for additional figures I would really hope for Wasp (and hope even further for a microfigure Wasp accessory), but as for villains my money would be on Ultron or Yellowjacket. If we were lucky, it could even be Kang 🤞

LETS GOOOO!!! TODAY IS A GOOD DAY FOR ANT MAN FANS!

Overenthusiam aside, this is still my new most hyped set for next year. Even if it’s a two pack mech, this could still be a fantastic set. I’d say there’s a possibility it’s a Giant Ant Man too, in which case this is going to become one of my new favorite sets. If it’s not, both helmets need new molds and prints, although I don’t think the mechs have ever gotten a new mold, but a new print could be nice.

FF also mentioned on his post that the D2C is probably not the Sanctum. Hmmm…not my first guess, but a lot of people did expect it.

Edited by Brickroll

27 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

FF also mentioned on his post that the D2C is probably not the Sanctum. Hmmm…not my first guess, but a lot of people did expect it.

If we get a D2C in 2022, other than the IW Hulkbuster, then chances are it'll be Avengers Tower. I could see it being comic inspired though. That way they can include Ant-Man if the set is a potential comic figure with mech. Original team was Iron Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor and Wasp...

4 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

If we get a D2C in 2022, other than the IW Hulkbuster, then chances are it'll be Avengers Tower. I could see it being comic inspired though. That way they can include Ant-Man if the set is a potential comic figure with mech. Original team was Iron Man, Ant-Man, Hulk, Thor and Wasp...

Mark Stafford said that some minifigs from the Spiderman Daily Bugle had to release in regular sets first so maybe you are onto something. 

37 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

The first $500 superhero won’t be the sanctum in my opinion. Avengers tower is really the only thing I see it being