Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

When will we get info on the 120 set for march? it is getting pretty close

What do you guys think about the theory that:

Spoiler

Spider Man may appear or at least be hinted at in the Finale of Hawkeye?
Since the finale will prob focus on Kingpin and both Hawkeye and the end of NWH are set at Christmas?

5 minutes ago, TobyAis said:

What do you guys think about the theory that:

Reveal hidden contents

Spider Man may appear or at least be hinted at in the Finale of Hawkeye?
Since the finale will prob focus on Kingpin and both Hawkeye and the end of NWH are set at Christmas?

No. Just no.

This finale already has too much going on, and imo it's going to be a mess.

Honestly, this series has been such a letdown that I literally don't even want a Hawkeye set, or even a minifigure anymore. I don't care, awaiting Moon Knight and She-Hulk now.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

I don't know if this means anything, but while the thread was locked i ordered few sets and a Shang Chi polybag 30454 from the LEGO store in Croatia. Weirdly enough on the sticker on the back (where it's says how much the set costs in Croatian currency, which countries produced the parts and the code) the set is not named Shang-Chi and The Great Protector it is actually named Red Guardian's Breakout so i am not sure if my LEGO store got their codes mixed up and leaked the name of the upcoming polybag or Red Guardian's Breakout was cancelled for the Shang-Chi polybag. Tried to search for it online, but only found a custom set on flickr by that name. 

5 minutes ago, PreVizsla said:

I don't know if this means anything, but while the thread was locked i ordered few sets and a Shang Chi polybag 30454 from the LEGO store in Croatia. Weirdly enough on the sticker on the back (where it's says how much the set costs in Croatian currency, which countries produced the parts and the code) the set is not named Shang-Chi and The Great Protector it is actually named Red Guardian's Breakout so i am not sure if my LEGO store got their codes mixed up and leaked the name of the upcoming polybag or Red Guardian's Breakout was cancelled for the Shang-Chi polybag. Tried to search for it online, but only found a custom set on flickr by that name. 

It's an error. A custom polybag used the same set number.

30454 - Red Guardian's Breakout

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, this series has been such a letdown that I literally don't even want a Hawkeye set, or even a minifigure anymore.

Interesting how people can have such differing opinions on these things, I personally find Hawkeye to be the most enjoyable show so far. Though I guess my excitement got a bit of a headstart by already being a fan of Hawkeye :shrug_oh_well:

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Interesting how people can have such differing opinions on these things, I personally find Hawkeye to be the most enjoyable show so far. Though I guess my excitement got a bit of a headstart by already being a fan of Hawkeye :shrug_oh_well:

This was my most excited Disney+ series, and I was so sure it would be my favourite...

17 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

The obvious choice for a set is the one we knew before the movie, the Statue of Liberty. I almost want to wonder if that's the rumored $500 set?

That would be really cool, but I can't really see it happening since it would make all of those characters inaccessible to the average person, unless they did other sets that came with all of them too. There was also a different Statue of Liberty D2C a couple of years ago and an Architecture set, so I wonder if the market might be a bit too saturated for a large-scale version. 

13 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The surprising amount of Black Panther sets, a movie I've seen barely anyone get excited about, compared to the barebones Strange and Thor coverage better be justified :hmpf_bad:

I think the main reason people aren't super excited about Black Panther 2 is probably more down to the fact that it's still a ways out and we know relatively little about it. I think it would have been preferable if one of Black Panther's sets had been given to Doctor Strange (I know that's not how it works but whatever), but from Lego's perspective it probably makes  sense to put the most sets out for Black Panther since the first movie was so huge. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This was my most excited Disney+ series, and I was so sure it would be my favourite...

If you don't mind me asking, what happened that made you disappointed?

I was initially just excited for the change of pace from the multiverse shenanigans of Loki and What If? which I loved to the down-to-earth street level story but the series captivated me from the beginning, beyond my expectations.

38 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I think the main reason people aren't super excited about Black Panther 2 is probably more down to the fact that it's still a ways out and we know relatively little about it. I think it would have been preferable if one of Black Panther's sets had been given to Doctor Strange (I know that's not how it works but whatever), but from Lego's perspective it probably makes  sense to put the most sets out for Black Panther since the first movie was so huge. 

Not speaking for anyone else but personally while I wouldn't skip out on it, the fact that they're choosing to kill off T'Challa dampened my hype for the sequel, sure they could pass the Black Panther mantle to someone else but what I loved about the first film was T'Challa, not just the superhero, and he has so many stories from the comics that I wanted to see explored on the silver screen.

Likewise, I would have preferred them allocating one of the four BP sets to Doctor Strange instead.

My only hope for the $500 set is that it’s not microscale. I really hope its X-Mansion but If Lego decide to do Avengers Tower, Avengers Compound, Sanctum, etc I really wouldn’t mind which it’d be.  If it is after all Marvel. 

49 minutes ago, Xavhyr said:

If you don't mind me asking, what happened that made you disappointed?

Honestly, it's a mess. 

The plot still isn't clear, the characters act like there idiots, Kate, while charismatic, doesn't seem to grow in any way, it looks terrible visually, the action is horrible, too many characters stuffed into it (half the episodes end on a "look, a new MCU character" type of cliffhanger). Don't even get me started on how awfully Yelena is written in this series. The worst thing tho - it'snot a Christmas series. It has some moments, but Clint's getting back home is lost under a pile of rubbish.

The actors are fantastic tho. And don't get me wrong, it's not the most terrible thing ever. It's just mid.

One of my favorite aspects of No Way Home is that I LOVE Green Goblin's new costume. It's so comics-accurate, and I can't wait to get it in Lego form. 

If we wind up getting two sets:

Appartment Attack:

• 4 Figures
  • Tom (Peter Parker outfit), Aunt May, Doc Ock, Green Goblin
  • Build: Living Room, Lab Area with a screen showing Doc Ock's Inhibitor Chip, Collapsing Wall, Hidden 'Green Goblin' Mask, Green Goblin Glider

Including Aunt May seems like something necessary for any potential second wave of NWH sets. Having this set be mid-transition for the Green Goblin could allow for them to include aspects of both his previous and ending battle appearance, such as giving us his 'final battle' appearance yet including the hood he wore during the appartment scene and a dual face print (One side normal, the other 'Smiling creepily') without the goggles he has during the final battle. I feel this would be the best method of picking and choosing from his three designs during the film. If needed this set could also include J.J.Jameson and a Daily Bugle Van to help sell it, but I think the inclusion of Ock and Goblin would be enough.

Statue Of Liberty Battle:

• 6 Figures + 1 Brick-built
  • Tom (Integrated Suit),Tobey, Andrew, Ned, Electro, Lizard
  • Builds: Statue Of Liberty upper segment with Shield, Brick-Built Sandman, Portal

Rounding out the primary supporting cast we have Ned in the line-up as he plays a fairly large role in the Final Battle and in the inclusion of Tobey and Andrew. One of the main aspects missing from the Endgame sets was a portal, including one here would make sense as it'd allow for fans to recreate moments of the portal hijinks. Replicating the main shot of all three Spider-men VS Electro, Sandman and Lizard is the primary focus of the set as this is based on the battle that occured at night time. Tom's Spider-man would re-use the integrated suit from the Sanctum. Lizard would have torso print and his tail but no leg or arm print while his head would be a similar style to Korg, Electro would have torso and arm print with dual molded legs, no mask though, the main focus on the figures would be on Tobey and Andrew who would get full print. Sandman would be only his upper half and he'd be partially built-into the build itself, he'd be about the same size as Giant Man.

2 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

My only hope for the $500 set is that it’s not microscale. I really hope its X-Mansion but If Lego decide to do Avengers Tower, Avengers Compound, Sanctum, etc I really wouldn’t mind which it’d be.  If it is after all Marvel. 

I'm not sure we'll get a $500 set, but if we do, chances are it'll be Avengers Tower or a remake of the Helicarrier as those are the most iconic aspects of the MCU. They would be unlikely to adapt something else comic inspired so quickly after the Daily Bugle set, they'd likely use that as a test to see the viability of Marvel Comic inspired D2C's and then release another comic inspired D2C set in 2023.

Personally I'd hope for Stark/Avengers Tower. You can include Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Captain America, Hawkeye, Loki, Chitauri, Agent Coulson, Pepper Potts and if they give options to modify it for its Avengers AoU appearance then you could probably throw in Ultron, Iron Legion Drones, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, etc... and it'd be a perfect set as NWH seems to imply that the Avengers Tower was not brought by Oscorp, which means it was likely brought by the Fantastic Four instead and will become the MCU's Baxter Building. So if we got a D2C of it now, we could modify that to be for whoever the new owner is when that's revealed (If desired)

Edited by Scarilian

41 minutes ago, hvader said:

One of my favorite aspects of No Way Home is that I LOVE Green Goblin's new costume. It's so comics-accurate, and I can't wait to get it in Lego form. 

ehhh it isn't comic accurate. It is just green and purple. The design looks nothing like the comics 

4 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly, it's a mess.

It's a shame that isn't to your liking, hopefully the finale will tie everything up nicely for you.

I think this series is more character driven and I'm really enjoying the chemistry between Clint and Kate, and the small scale crossovers such as that Pym arrow and the certain big boss in white. Kinda puzzled by Yelena's motive, seems like she's being emotionally manipulated with the idea that Clint is to blame for Natasha's death but I'll wait to see how much she actually knows and how this ends in finale.

I, for one, can't wait for the finale, the final installment from the MCU this year :pir-stareyes:

5 hours ago, hvader said:

It's not even slightly comic accurate, but it looks great nevertheless. 

5 hours ago, Scarilian said:

Appartment Attack:

• 4 Figures
  • Tom (Peter Parker outfit), Aunt May, Doc Ock, Green Goblin
  • Build: Living Room, Lab Area with a screen showing Doc Ock's Inhibitor Chip, Collapsing Wall, Hidden 'Green Goblin' Mask, Green Goblin Glider

This will never happen for obvious reasons.

Are there any chances the Wolverine mech was a teaser for x men summer sets? Like, I don't think the mech figures were exclusives, right? 

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

Are there any chances the Wolverine mech was a teaser for x men summer sets? Like, I don't think the mech figures were exclusives, right? 

They were exclusives.

45 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They were exclusives.

Are you sure? Miles is in the Daily Bugle set and I think pretty much every figure from the mechs appeared in various sets, like I think every Avenger appeared in other retail sets. Even Thanos appeared in a 4+ set, though I'm not sure if it is the same figure. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They were exclusives.

They're not, every single figure so far has appeared elsewhere: 
- Enix Iron Man, several Avengers sets. 
- Thanos, 4+ set 
- Spider-Man, reused to death
- Doc Ock, Bugle and monstertruck
- Miles, Bugle
- Thor, Avengers set (albeit without helmet)
- Cap, magazine poly

6 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

- Thanos, 4+ set 
- Miles, Bugle
- Cap, magazine poly

This. I remember I read that one of the designers of Daily Bugle, Mark Stafford, said some of the Bugle characters showed up in retail sets because they were too many and needed new prints or something like that. The Wolverine from the mech could appear in a summer set. I would be ok even if lego made a Wolverine subtheme and he was the center if it meant we get the other X Men with him and maybe, Deadpool. 

26 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

- Thanos, 4+ set 
- Miles, Bugle
- Cap, magazine poly

Both Thanos and Thor are still exclusive tho.

Thanos has leg printing, while Thor has a helmet and no cape.