Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Lego Marvel Superheroes 2022 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all Lego Marvel Superhero discussion throughout 2022; sets, rumors, thoughts, and discussion. 

Enjoy! 

First Quarter 2022 Releases

Spidey and His Amazing Friends (4+ line)
10781: Spider-Man's Techno Trike | $9.99 | 59 Pieces | Includes Miles Morales & Green Goblin
10782: Hulk vs. Rhino Truck Showdown | $19.99 | 110 Pieces | Includes Spider-Man, Hulk and Rhino
10783: Spider-Man at Doc Ock's Lab | $29.99 | 131 Pieces | Includes Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, and Lady Octpus
10784: Spider-Man Webquarters Hangout | $49.99 | 155 Pieces | Includes Spider-Man, Miles Morales, Spider-Gwen, Ms Marvel and Green Goblin

MCU Spider-Man
30443: Spider-Man Bridge Battle | Polybag inspired by Far From Home | Includes black-suit Spider-Man

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
76205: Gargantos Showdown | $29.99 | 264 Pieces | Includes Dr Strange, Wong, and America Chaves

MCU Avengers
76206: Iron Man Figure | $39.99 | 381 Pieces | Buildable Iron-Man

76209: Thor's Hammer | $100 | Target Exclusive in USA

Second Quarter 2022 Releases

Thor: Love & Thunder - April
76207 Attack on New Asgard | $19.99 | 159 Pieces | Includes Mighty Thor, Thor and Gorr
76208 The Goat Boat | $49.99 | 564 Pieces | Includes Mighty Thor, Thor, Gorr, King Valkyrie and Korg

Mechs - April

76202: Wolverine Mech Armor | $9.99 | 141 Pieces | Includes Wolverine with mask

76203: Iron Man Mech Armor | $9.99 | 130 Pieces | Includes Iron Man with single piece helmet

76204: Black Panther Mech Armor | $9.99 | 124 Pieces | Includes Black Panther with face and hair

76219 Spider-Man & Green Goblin Mech Battle | $19.99 | 296 pieces | Includes pre-existing Spider-Man and GG minifigures

April Release: The Infinity Saga Accessory Set (15€)

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness - May
76218: Sanctum Santorum | $210 / 220€ | 2708 Pieces | Includes Doctor Strange, Defender Strange, Supreme Strange, Wong, Mordo, Wanda, Spider-Man, Iron-Man and one more.

Infinity Saga - June

76216: Iron Man 2 Workshop | $90/90€ | 496 pcs | 7 Figures including Whiplash Mk1, War Machine Mk1, Pepper Potts, Nick Fury, Iron Man Mk IV, Iron Man MK XXV and potentially Iron Man MK85

76217: Baby Groot | $55/50€ | 476 pcs

Third Quarter 2022 Releases

August

76220 4+ | $10 | 43 pcs

76221 | $45 | 456 pcs

September

76225 ($25)

76226 ($25)

76230 ($25) 

76231 Guardians Of The Galaxy Calendar | $45 | 268 pcs | inspired by Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special

Fourth Quarter 2022 Releases

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - October (Set from Stonewars.de) (Release timeline presumed but not known)
76211 | $49.99 | 355 Pieces
76212 | $9.99 | 56 Pieces
76213 | $29.99 | 355 Pieces
76214 | $79.99 |

Unknown Release Dates

UCS
Hulkbuster based on Infinity War | $200-$250 | Around 2500 pieces | 1 Minifgure (from promobricks)
76210 | $500 | Not 100% confirmed to be Marvel (from Brickmerge)

Nice. Watched No Way Home, not gonna spoil anything but I really hope we get more sets based on it this year, we need to. I also expect all spiderman sets to selll like crazy this Christmas. If Lego and Marvel/Sony work something out, I hope we get sets based on Across the Spiderverse this fall. 

55 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Nice. Watched No Way Home, not gonna spoil anything but I really hope we get more sets based on it this year, we need to. I also expect all spiderman sets to selll like crazy this Christmas. If Lego and Marvel/Sony work something out, I hope we get sets based on Across the Spiderverse this fall. 

Agreed, it seems like whatever Lego was given to work with was only from the first fifteen minutes or so of the film. I really don't see how Lego could resist the chance to do some more spoilery sets, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see on that front.

44 minutes ago, Meadius said:

Agreed, it seems like whatever Lego was given to work with was only from the first fifteen minutes or so of the film. I really don't see how Lego could resist the chance to do some more spoilery sets, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see on that front.

It’s not just LEGO all other merchandise manufacturers didn’t make old villains toys. So it seems like Marvel didn’t want to reveal big details from the movie. Hope we get at least Green Goblin and Doc Ock minifigs and Statue of Liberty final battle set.

26 minutes ago, mgetz said:

When can we expect reveals for the Thor: Love and Thunder sets?

If the catalogue is right and they release in May, we should start seeing factory leaks soon enough.

Edited by benderisgreat

1 hour ago, Mr No said:

I need actual No Way Home sets after seeing the movie, and it makes me sad that we still don't have any. Let's hope 2022 gives us those sets just like how 2021 gave us the Infinity Saga wave

Edited by hvader

From what I read, Marvel had more control over the marketing of the film and they are the reason they kept all the spoiler stuff a secret. 

My wishes are primarily the same as they were prior to seeing the film (which I loved btw - just got back from seeing it again).

Namely new Electro and Green Goblin figures. The others would be cool too but as long as we get those two at some point I'll be happy. 

They just revealed the official renders of the villains, so we may be getting merchandise of them sooner than later. Maybe LEGO sets with them will come earlier than expected due to the shuffling of movie sets?

Shame that that new polybag doesn't have Mysterio in his mocap suit and camera helmet. I know a few people were wanting that. Does it have the Spiderman suit that people thought was 'missing' from the Far From Home wave? (I've got to be honest the suits all blur into one for me, have ended up with a few but the one from Civil War did me fine.)

8 minutes ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

Shame that that new polybag doesn't have Mysterio in his mocap suit and camera helmet. I know a few people were wanting that. Does it have the Spiderman suit that people thought was 'missing' from the Far From Home wave? (I've got to be honest the suits all blur into one for me, have ended up with a few but the one from Civil War did me fine.)

No, it is a repeat of the figure that is in the new FFH set.

We are still missing a rerelease/update of Iron Spider.

Hoping for some nice sets this year from Marvel! Some good potential,  and yes to more spideman no way home sets! 

Should be another fruitful year! 

If we don't get more NWH sets we riot, it has so much potential. It's so hard to picture how they would handle more sets, since distributing the heroes and villains won't be easy.

On the one hand, Tobey and Andrew appear suited up together in only one sequence, but I just can't see them including both of them in the same set. So I think it oculd go like this:

A 30€ set with Tom (Black & Gold with new phone torso print), Andrew and Electro, with a buildable Sandman and a small electrical installation build, and a 60€ set with Tom (Integrated), Tobey, Green Goblin, Doc Ock and Lizard with a Statue of Liberty build.

I could also see them making a Brudge Battle set with Tom (Iron Spider), Doc Ock and Green Goblin (Raimi suit). Happy's apartment would also make a cute set, and so would Strange's prison.

I expect us to get more sets, but the uncertainty is killing me.

The new Iron Man figure looks much better in person I have to say :thumbup: Oh, and the Gargantos set cleverly uses the new dish piece introduced in the Hogwarts Icons set for its sclera :classic:

79850.png

If we don't get NWH sets we attack Lego HQ. On another order of ideas, I saw some cool moc sets for a Raimi trilogy theme made by cm4sci and God, I would love if Lego made some sets based on the trilogy for the anniversary of Spidey 1.

I hope fulcrum wasn't lying about those 2 extra NWH sets, because after how awesome this movie was it'll look bad on him if they don't exist. People want these sets badly 

I think the 2 most logical sets are the bridge battle and statue of liberty final battle.

Bridge Battle:

Doc Ock, Iron Spider, Green Goblin (Raimi)

build is similar in scale to the Hydro-Man Attack Set

Statue of Liberty Battle:

Tobey Spider-Man, Andrew Spider-Man, GG in his MCU suit, and Electro (~$30-$40)

Build would be a facade of the Statue of Liberty and  a brick- built Sandman (~$60-$70)

That's right, I'm gonna be bold and say since we already got Tom's integrated suit in the Sanctum Workshop Set, we will just get the other 2 Spider-Men in the biggest hypothetical set.

Obviously I could be very wrong but a boy can dream can't he? I really hope we hear news about these sets soon.

Edited by TurnOffTheDark

Just now, TurnOffTheDark said:

what do you mean all 5 but only 2?

As in we won’t get both Goblin designs and Sandman may not get a figure, but we’ll get all five villains in one way or another.

Looks like HP 2hy got set list with numbers and prices, let's hope marvel and dc are next. 

1 hour ago, ReversibleSedgewick said:

I think you mean "Doc Ock, Iron Spider, MIT Assistant Vice Chancellor." You know how it works.

if they prioritize her over any other major character I'll be annoyed lol

43 minutes ago, TurnOffTheDark said:

if they prioritize her over any other major character I'll be annoyed lol

She defeated Doc Ock though, she's super important! :laugh:

She would show up in that set instead of raimi's goblin, not only would it require less new prints than a goblin (and they can avoid that particular criticism, since they'd use the ant-man helmet mold or the invincible iron man mold), but lego tends to like to put those types of figures in these sets instead of more important  characters (think of the NWH firefighter). Assumedly such a set, needing a car and some bridge, would be big enough to have 4 figures, since even though goblin is preferable, it's always nice to have some civilians to save. Maybe even a Peter?

I'm sure we'll have a statue of liberty fight, even if it's a year or so away. Lego is not going to pass up on that opportunity, it'd be like no baby yoda figures or no endgame final battle set. I think the ranking of figures goes:

Guaranteed (if we get the set): Peter 1, Peter 2, Peter 3, Goblin, Electro, a brick-built sandman.

Likely, but could be cut for more space: Lizard, with doc ock only slightly less likely than him

Depends on size of set (from most to least likely): MJ, Ned, Strange, Sandman minifigure.

It's been two years since the last marvel set I bought, but I'd get a statue of liberty battle INSTANTLY. I bought the integrated suit and the standard 2021 suit (to use the arms and legs for andrew) the second I got back from watching the film, and if the Raimi suit wasn't literally $100 I'd get that too.

Overall comments on the sets:

The polybag is nice, since I wasn't gonna get the 4+ set I'll pick this up for the excellent Ditko suit. Not a fan of the mech subtheme, but I do like that ironman one. The larger Ironman is terrible and feels like a slap in the face as a bionicle fan to see that this is how far constraction has fallen. Dr strange set is nice, since it's something from the movie and not a random vehicle, but I'll have to wait until I see the movie to see if I want the set (While I like doctor strange and wong, I don't know much about tentacle droidika, and America Chavez is quite possibly my least favorite character in the comics, though it's possible the actress will be great in the film and change my opinion)

18 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

She defeated Doc Ock though, she's super important! :laugh:

She would show up in that set instead of raimi's goblin, not only would it require less new prints than a goblin (and they can avoid that particular criticism, since they'd use the ant-man helmet mold or the invincible iron man mold), but lego tends to like to put those types of figures in these sets instead of more important  characters (think of the NWH firefighter). Assumedly such a set, needing a car and some bridge, would be big enough to have 4 figures, since even though goblin is preferable, it's always nice to have some civilians to save. Maybe even a Peter?

I'm sure we'll have a statue of liberty fight, even if it's a year or so away. Lego is not going to pass up on that opportunity, it'd be like no baby yoda figures or no endgame final battle set. I think the ranking of figures goes:

Guaranteed (if we get the set): Peter 1, Peter 2, Peter 3, Goblin, Electro, a brick-built sandman.

Likely, but could be cut for more space: Lizard, with doc ock only slightly less likely than him

Depends on size of set (from most to least likely): MJ, Ned, Strange, Sandman minifigure.

It's been two years since the last marvel set I bought, but I'd get a statue of liberty battle INSTANTLY. I bought the integrated suit and the standard 2021 suit (to use the arms and legs for andrew) the second I got back from watching the film, and if the Raimi suit wasn't literally $100 I'd get that too.

Overall comments on the sets:

The polybag is nice, since I wasn't gonna get the 4+ set I'll pick this up for the excellent Ditko suit. Not a fan of the mech subtheme, but I do like that ironman one. The larger Ironman is terrible and feels like a slap in the face as a bionicle fan to see that this is how far constraction has fallen. Dr strange set is nice, since it's something from the movie and not a random vehicle, but I'll have to wait until I see the movie to see if I want the set (While I like doctor strange and wong, I don't know much about tentacle droidika, and America Chavez is quite possibly my least favorite character in the comics, though it's possible the actress will be great in the film and change my opinion)

Honestly the 2 minifigs I want the most are Andrew and Electro. I love TASM universe