Sign in to follow this  
ndm1306

Lego 8043 Problem

Hello Everyone,

I think my question is stupid but after I finished to build Lego 8043, the changing gear can't work well, It seems to be stuck somewhere else, I check the instruction very carefully but still can't find out the problem. Please help.

Thank you so much!

Merry Christmas!

Here is the video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hnut950TUOgEYY66eIeE1nNWGW05bhY-/view?usp=sharing

Edited by ndm1306

Can't access the Video. But several questions:

What kind batteries are you using? Rechargeable? Alkaline?

Are you using "fresh" batteries?

Did pay attention to this tip?: 400x373.png

If nothing helps, replace the blue axle pin with friction in building step 35 with a tan axle pin without friction.

1 hour ago, Andman said:

Can't access the Video. But several questions:

What kind batteries are you using? Rechargeable? Alkaline?

Are you using "fresh" batteries?

Did pay attention to this tip?: 400x373.png

If nothing helps, replace the blue axle pin with friction in building step 35 with a tan axle pin without friction.

please check video again whether you can see it or not, I use rechargeable batteries, I check all already, the gears not to tight to the beam.

Looking at the video it is hard to see what is going wrong but first check if the red levers are correct positioned in the red moving driving ring (building steps 31-33 starting at page 75).
What also might help is activating some (or all) of the other motors to make the gears rotate, that might shift the driving ring into the correct position.

What I did with my 8043 is changing the two 16 gears, used for switching, into a 12 and 20 tooth (placing the 12, step 29 page 72, on the motor axle and the 20 tooth gear in step 35 page 79). This way the motor needs les torque/power moving the shifting levers.

Edited by MikeTwo9398
added step/page numbers for the 12 and 20 tooth gears change

40 minutes ago, ndm1306 said:

please check video again whether you can see it or not, I use rechargeable batteries, I check all already, the gears not to tight to the beam.

An Alkaline battery had a voltage of 1.5V when full, rechargeables have (depending on their chemistry) a voltage of around 1.25V (NiMH). So if you have 6 batteries instead of 9V you might have 7.5V and that will effect the power of the motors.

7 hours ago, ndm1306 said:

please check video again whether you can see it or not

I literally wrote to you that i cannot access the video (nothing you can fix). How am i supposed to check your video again...

And sorry that I tried to help, although i couldn't see the video. Will not happen again, when you need help next time.

2 hours ago, Andman said:

I literally wrote to you that i cannot access the video (nothing you can fix). How am i supposed to check your video again...

And sorry that I tried to help, although i couldn't see the video. Will not happen again, when you need help next time.

Calm down Andman. I agree he is rude, and not appreciating your help, but there is no cause to be rude back. I do sincerely think you did a good job trying to help even though the video was unavailable to you, as it was for me to.

10 hours ago, ndm1306 said:

ndm1306: Please be more polite in your responses. These where all good suggestions from Andman, and your response tells very little of what you actually have tried/tested.

There are several things that can cause this problem, and it would help greatly to hear what you have tried as well as knowing a bit of your skill level.

Typical things you should consider is alignment of parts, checking manually if there is any tension when you operate the switchover function without the motor, as well as checking friction. The function should move smooth with a marked "click" when it changes. If it does not something is to tight or out of alignment. If it does it might be as Andman said, that your rechargeable batteries lack power. If I where you I would test with a set of fresh AA alkaline batteries if nothing else can explain the problem.

_ED_

Hi, back to the topic,

Can you check that all the grey 16T tthose who comlbine with clutch gear) are placed in the right orientation?

It seems to me that one clutch can not be engaged due to a misoriention of one of them.

Steph.

17 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

Calm down Andman. I agree he is rude, and not appreciating your help, but there is no cause to be rude back. I do sincerely think you did a good job trying to help even though the video was unavailable to you, as it was for me to.

ndm1306: Please be more polite in your responses. These where all good suggestions from Andman, and your response tells very little of what you actually have tried/tested.

There are several things that can cause this problem, and it would help greatly to hear what you have tried as well as knowing a bit of your skill level.

Typical things you should consider is alignment of parts, checking manually if there is any tension when you operate the switchover function without the motor, as well as checking friction. The function should move smooth with a marked "click" when it changes. If it does not something is to tight or out of alignment. If it does it might be as Andman said, that your rechargeable batteries lack power. If I where you I would test with a set of fresh AA alkaline batteries if nothing else can explain the problem.

_ED_

I am so sorry for my bad english, I didn't mean to be rude, I just hope him can see the video from google drive... BTW, thank you for your help

8 hours ago, steph77 said:

Hi, back to the topic,

Can you check that all the grey 16T tthose who comlbine with clutch gear) are placed in the right orientation?

It seems to me that one clutch can not be engaged due to a misoriention of one of them.

Steph.

thank you, i may need to disassembly all to find out the problem...

21 hours ago, Andman said:

I am so sorry for this misunderstanding...

On 12/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, JopieK said:

An Alkaline battery had a voltage of 1.5V when full, rechargeables have (depending on their chemistry) a voltage of around 1.25V (NiMH). So if you have 6 batteries instead of 9V you might have 7.5V and that will effect the power of the motors.

Thank you, I will replace other ones as your suggestion.