Rauy

[MOC] McCallister House - Home Alone

Just in time for Christmas, I built a model of the McCallisters' house from the movie classic "Home Alone". But of course not a playset in minifig scale like the IDEAS set, but a micro model at about 1:250.

51755318105_1ec74e4ccd_z.jpg51755100034_0a3610d155_z.jpg

Of course my Architecture-oriented approach is quite a bit different from the playset approach of the IDEAS set. While the LEGO set is primarily interested in the interior of the house, my goal was to accurately capture the house itself as well as the surrounding property. I also chose a bit different colours, as I find dark red a bit more fitting for the house's brickwork. I also chose a grey roof primarily because it fits better into the colour composition of the rest of the build, but also because there really isn't much snow on the roof for the majority of the film. But even on this scale I tried to pay tribute to key elements from the film, like the tree house Kevin escapes to at the end or the garage the McCallisters forgot to close. And of course it features both Little Nero's Pizza bumping against the entrance statue as well as the van of the Wet Bandits.

51755102679_47b70983e0_z.jpg51753635852_36103f5839_z.jpg

As a Christmas model it lends itself well to lighting, of course. I put 3 LEDs from LightMyBricks into it, one in the kitchen on the back and two in the main wing. The cabling fits well into the base and the power cable can be led out through a small gap in the back. There is an album on Flickr as well as building instructions on Rebrickable for the model as well.

(I tried to use smaller images in the post to link to the corresponding Flickr pages so I could lay them out next to each other for a more streamlined presentation, but I still can't seem to figure out how to do a simple image link on Eurobricks. I hope these above images at least do link to Flickr.)

Edited by Rauy