Sign in to follow this  
Robert8

Pictures upload limit

Hi

I have a question. When I try to upload a picture, this message keeps popping up

image.png.5305e5631022b65b7594754dadcc073c.png

This is new, right? Is this temporary? 

18 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Hi

I have a question. When I try to upload a picture, this message keeps popping up

IMG

Are you trying to upload an image directly to Eurobricks, or are you trying to link to one? 

I just tried to upload a picture, and it gave me a message saying that the limit is 92.16kb. 😕

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Just now, Classic_Spaceman said:

Are you trying to upload an image directly to Eurobricks, or are you trying to link to one? 

I was trying to "drag" a picture here, as usual. That's what I've always done but this started happening yesterday :sceptic:

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

I was trying to "drag" a picture here, as usual. That's what I've always done but this started happening yesterday :sceptic:

Never mind - Inserting from a URL seems fine for me. 

30443-1.jpg?182130

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

51 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

But dragging a pic works for you?

I am using an iPad, so there is no "dragging", but if you are referring to uploading an image that is stored on my device, no, it does not seem to work for me. 

14 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am using an iPad, so there is no "dragging", but if you are referring to uploading an image that is stored on my device, no, it does not seem to work for me. 

Hmmm thanks

Let's see if a mod can share their thoughts on this

Edited by Robert8

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Hi

image.png.5305e5631022b65b7594754dadcc073c.png

No, it's not new. You should not be uploading pictures directly to EB unless you are staff. The amount of space we provide is for avatars. 

17 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I just tried to upload a picture, and it gave me a message saying that the limit is 92.16kb. 😕

The amount of space allocated changes with your rank and the amount of space you've already used.  So you've probably uploaded less previously so you have more left.

17 hours ago, Robert8 said:

That's not the same thing as uploading a picture to the forum. :dwacko:

Did your browser update? Drag and drop features are managed by the browser.

7 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

No, it's not new. You should not be uploading pictures directly to EB unless you are staff. The amount of space we provide is for avatars. 

The amount of space allocated changes with your rank and the amount of space you've already used.  So you've probably uploaded less previously so you have more left.

That's not the same thing as uploading a picture to the forum. :dwacko:

Oh now that you mentioned.... it did update during this past week

I'll try to find out what changed or how to fix this

Thanks!

Edited by Robert8

7 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

EDIT. I tried with Edge and it shows the same message

I tried with a different laptop with both Chrome and Edge and the same message still appears 

I can tell you nothing changed with EB and drag and drop are features of the browser so I'm sure that whatever is going on you'll just need to change your workflow. It's really not going to be something on my list of things focus on since the normal way of copy/paste a deep link works perfectly.

Hopefully you can manage to find a browser that works the way you'd like or just get use to doing it the way the rest of us do :pir-sweet:

Linking an image and then clicking it to downsize it works great for me, people can still click the image to see full size but it won't take pages to scroll down.

Edited by TeriXeri

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyOTkwNDc1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkyMzk3NjM@._V1_.jpg

Well, it seems to be solved

I find it quite odd, because now I can just copy/paste a pic here, which is something I couldnt do before. And now I can't drag and drop pics here which is something I could do before. 

Its been like that since the froum moved to Invision... until now :look: Very confusing but it works like that now

Edited by Darkdragon
Image too large

On 12/20/2021 at 3:44 PM, Robert8 said:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTkyOTkwNDc1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzkyMzk3NjM@._V1_.jpg

Well, it seems to be solved

I find it quite odd, because now I can just copy/paste a pic here, which is something I couldnt do before. And now I can't drag and drop pics here which is something I could do before. 

Its been like that since the froum moved to Invision... until now :look: Very confusing but it works like that now

Robert8, I know you know that image was too large to be posting here.  The 1024 rule isn't for size visually but it's for size because some users are not on fast speed connections.

I can assure you that the software the forum is running on was not changed so it must be related to your browser or computer that things are working differently all of a sudden.