Sign in to follow this  
Blufiji

[Freebuild] Teal River Fortress

Sitting along the mighty Teal River which runs out of the great Avalonian forests, Teal River Fortress is the new strong hold of Lord Valan, a newly knighted warrior in the service of the verdant lands of the west.  

This is the home of my Avalonia Character Valan. 

51112253102_207938729a_b.jpg

51112819976_ac3034eb63_b.jpg

Well it has been a long time since I was able to contribute, but it feels good doing it again. Life changes and upheavals really do take a toll on the things you love to do. With that being said, I am happy this community is still here and thriving, and will slowly integrate myself back into it. I look forward to seeing all the awesome works I've missed and I hope you all enjoy the build.  

Such a pleasure to see this MOC again!  Absolutely love the colorscheme, and the curve of the river looks incredibly natural. 

I agree with the others, the colors used in this MOC are terrific.  I enjoy that the landscaping/water is the majority of the MOC.

Some great color choices here.  I really like the water and waterfall.  The landscaping is nicely layered and I like the use of the dark brown slopes.  The fortress looks like it would be hard to take over.  Nice build overall.  

Love that teal soo much! :wub_drool:  The lime and dark brown are some really bold color choices as well but wow do they work here!  Lovely job.

Strangely, I wasn't expecting an actual teal river when I clicked on this topic.  Sure am glad that's what you built though! :laugh:  The color works quite well against the dark brown and lime; plus it makes the light aqua work perfectly as the transition into and out of the waterfall.  Solid keep too! :thumbup:

Edited by mrcp6d
I can't spell.

Great MOC! I really like the way we can see the gradient of the river bed on the left - really good use of the height of that terrain. I also didn’t expect a teal  river despite the name. This is minor only but I feel like the foam in the river after the fall could have extended further downstream.

Oh my God! It's really teal! 
And it's teal-tally beautiful! 

*Ba-dum-ts!

Seriously, marvelous color composition here, the dark brown mixed with lime green, green and dark green is phenomenal! Topping with the teal water, this is just perfect. (I might have to steal it, if I may). 
And I really like the simplicity of the water technique. No trans, no fancy effects, and it works like a charm! Loved the waterfall and the inclusion of a small sand-beach. And the fortress has a very fantastic and hidden feel to it.

Fantastic MOC, very inspiring. 
I sure hope one day to meet this sir Valan people are talking about. Sounds like a good fella to have on your side of the battlefield. 

I love the whole terrain, it looks so vivid and realistic. Thanks for sharing.

That waterfall is the best part of an amazing MOC. Is it made from those superhero minifig posing pegs?

Wow.  This build is awesome!  When I read the title, I didn't know if the fortress was going to be teal or the river was.  Makes more sense that the river is.  I'm usually not a big fan of solid colored water, but you did a good job with it here.  I think it would be really interesting to see if TLG could make a transparent teal...  The amount of dark brown is spectacular and makes a great juxtaposition with the lime green around the edge.  The landscaping is very well done.  I really like the castle.  In addition to the sand green plates and the occasional brick sticking out slightly to roughen the walls, I appreciate that you built the castle without any large windows on the ground level.  That usually sticks out to me as an error if people build that way, but your castle is strategically sound, which makes it look all the more authentic.  The low sloped roof also helps with the realism.  Does the castle have an interior?  Great to see you building again!