Aquilatan

The Fortress of Portasol

This is a traditional classic playing castle I've build for my children. It has a whole bunch of functions to have fun for a long time... 
You can see more images and a video of all the functionalities on LEGO IDEAS (The Fortress of Portasol). And if you think it would be nice that it becomes a real LEGO set, just hit the support button ;-)

51740047076_fc6909f0b8_k.jpg

51739227137_1a2349ed33_h.jpg

51740283553_3d4c6141be_h.jpg

This is very nice.  I like the irregular shape of the fortress.  The statue in the front is great.  Some nice texturing and I like the way you used the big corner panels.  The towers and the buildings look good.  

First of all gz on being frontpaged! The moment I saw it at the front page, I thought it was a new set (beginning a new era of castle sets :pir_tong2: ).

I really like it being enclosed and playable and still retaining the feeling of an actual "Lego set" vs an overly detailed MOC.

A great entry and thanks again for showing it to us (i.e. we need more pics!!!!)!

Edited by blackdeathgr

Delightful build. Makes me really miss the good old days when LEGO actually gave us Castle themes every now and then...

Not gonna lie, I am very jealous of your children. I grew up playing with the Fantasy Era castle 7094 and your build has all the cool features that I loved. Archers on top of the front gate, siege weapons on the walls, collapsing walls and a dragon!! :dangry:

This is great! A great mix of detail and actual playability. You sir have been supported :thumbup:

16 hours ago, Aquilatan said:

This is a traditional classic playing castle I've build for my children.

Also.. would you consider adopting a grown man? :grin:

15 hours ago, zoth33 said:

This is very nice.  I like the irregular shape of the fortress.  The statue in the front is great.  Some nice texturing and I like the way you used the big corner panels.  The towers and the buildings look good.  

:dhappy: ^ What he said^

Fantastic build and I supported (#1,344)  As said above the shape of the exterior is great and using the corner panels to round out the towers give a great presence.  I like the break-away wall section and the log ram (w/trailer). It all looks great!  I want to purchase, right now!!

That is a very nice castle! :pir-love: The various towers and buildings are great. It also has a dock for boats. It looks good from the outside and inside because it's a varied construction.

It's so lovely! It's nice, clean, and extremely well done, but also feels exactly as you've said: playable! Love the front statue, and like others have said, the shape is really nice! The IDEAS pictures show so many fun nooks and crannies as well. Fantastic!

Terrific castle!  The size is terrific and the techniques are interesting but practical enough to be a production set.  The dock in back is a nice inclusion.  The white and dark blue color scheme works well.