Hi all. I haven't added much to my 1:250 fleet of Star Wars fighters, gunships, freighters and one corvette (plus a couple of mini scenes) this year but I have been working on my photography. I've really enjoyed seeing the groups of ships grow and comparing the sizes of the finished products, Slave 1 and the Rogue Shadow turned out surprisingly big, but the biggest surprise was how huge a Blockade Runner is!

In case anyone's interested, instructions for all of them are on Rebrickable... https://rebrickable.com/users/ron_mcphatty/mocs/

Micro%20Star%20Wars%20Collection%208%20D

And here's another with almost all the ships arranged together, which took far, far longer than I thought it would!

Micro%20Star%20Wars%20Collection%207%20N

Edited by mcphatty

Those are some lovely pictures, I really like the different colored backgrounds. They add a cartoon-y pop that complements the micro scale of the ships very well. NPU on the Rogue Shadow cockpit and the Y-wing nacelles!

I've been following your progress on Instagram and it's always amazing to see a new model. They're all captured so well at the 1:250 scale, and I particularly like the Naboo starship, the Ebon Hawk, the Moldy Crow and the Rogue Shadow.

Edited by jimmynick

They are absolutely beautiful. I love a great micro spaceship and seeing them all together is all the more stunning. Great work!

3 hours ago, mcphatty said:

but the biggest surprise was how huge a BLockade Runner is

I worked out that the recent official set is pretty close to microscale. I'd love to compare my micro scale X-Wing and Falcon to yours. I think it's your Tie Fighter design I've used for my micro scale trench run, did you post those on reddit a while ago?

These are some truly excellent builds. I'm especially fond of the Blockade Runner, Ebon Hawk, and the Outrider.

54 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I worked out that the recent official set is pretty close to microscale. I'd love to compare my micro scale X-Wing and Falcon to yours. I think it's your Tie Fighter design I've used for my micro scale trench run, did you post those on reddit a while ago?

Yeah my Blockade Runner MOC and the Tantive IV set are almost the same size! I’ve gone for detail over space to fit minifigures but the ship is still pretty strong. And yes, I think I first posted those TIEs about 18 months ago, I’m glad you found them useful :) Have you got a link to your micro trench run? I’ve seen your play set scale one (very good by the way) but not the micro version.

1 hour ago, mcphatty said:

Have you got a link to your micro trench run? I’ve seen your play set scale one (very good by the way) but not the micro version.

I've added them to the same thread. easier to have a single thread with a similar theme.

Great work, that’s a nice little Trench Run display you’ve got going. Definitely needs more greebling but it’s a very nice start. I like your Falcon too, nice design!

26 minutes ago, SquirrelArmy said:

I've added them to the same thread.

Amazing details for their size! Each and everyone of them is great (and much more affordable! :pir-grin: ). Keep up the great work!