Sign in to follow this  
Duvors

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Stars - Mission #9: He's Dead, Jim

20 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

FRa4548.jpeg

"Very well.  I hope these things turn out to be useful and not just colored water or something."
He accepts the Plasma Potion.
"Many thanks, Decker.  Lets do this."
He shows him the glowing bottle of Lamplight as they begin to proceed.
"I have an idea for this one.  It sounds almost too mad to explain but... I think psychological warfare on top of physical warfare will be enough to defeat this evil for good.  Or have I lost it?"

"Mate, I've been seeing words appear an' disappear outta books for the last hour. I saw a blob of flesh galloping around the sewers. I saw a samurai ordering a pizza, and an elf whose brains were actually mushrooms, and a robot selling spare parts, which is kinda morbid if ya think about it. You haven't lost it and nothin' is crazy any more."

Decker hears his footsteps clang in the empty warehouse. And then... it  appears. The hair on the back of Decker's neck stands on end, and slowly he takes his shotgun off his back. He holds it in both hands, not pointing it at him. Not yet.

"Ya got a mouth to talk with, Avery?" Decker snarls, with adrenaline fueled bravado.

9 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Ya got a mouth to talk with, Avery?" Decker snarls, with adrenaline fueled bravado.

51995218801_7fe16fc0ff_o.png
There is silence for a moment, before the radio in the office behind you crackles into life.
"#Czzrch#
 'Wrong' #pzzichtch# 'Number'"

Suddenly, the creature appears before you, his hand around Ronin's throat, before vanishing- taking Ronin with him.
Ronin, you
know you're moving, but somehow you can't see what's happening and... time doesn't seem to be passing? Suddenly, vision returns. You're in a corner of the warehouse, the creature standing over you menacingly.
For you, Decker, the transition is instantaneous. One moment Ronin is by your side, the next he's on the other side of the building. Desperately you flip through the book to find something useful, before finally finding a ritual you think you can perform with what you have - but you'd need Ronin's help.

Fight!

51997879374_f4aaf2565f_o.png
51996601857_bf7f4ac9f5_o.png

Round 0
Decker Velocity Check - (2,2) No successes
Ronin Velocity Check - (5,6,3) Two successes

Enemy

51995218801_7fe16fc0ff_o.png ???
??? cycles old ??? Pugilist
Vitality: 8/8
Velocity: 6
Strength: 7
Skill: 5
Smarts: 4
Proficiencies: Athletics 5, Insight 5, Intimidation 5, Stealth 5.
Spatial Incoherence: Is immune to Restrained and being moved against its will.
Iron Grip: Adjacent 
Restrained enemies move with this creature.
Impossible Speed: May act twice in a round.
Soul Bound: If killed, Greg Smiles will also die.

Party

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk) Warded! (4 Attacks)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 0/19
Vitality: 7/7
Velocity: 3
Strength: 1
Skill: 4
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Artillery 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1, Survival 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 222
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration.
Inventory: Gator Tooth (Can be converted into either a Kinetic or Elemental Standard Melee Weapon by a craftsman), Ion Laser (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon)Haast Flamethrower (Substandard Short Range Elemental Weapon) Overcharge: Once per battle, add +2 to next attack, all subsequent attacks have -2, Rocketpack - Armor Attachment (+1 to Velocity when wearing this armor), Flashlight (Tool), Frozen Blood (Consumable) ???, Sleep Gel (Consumable) ???, Lamplight (Consumable) ???, Æther Shroud (Consumable) ???, Cytherian Salts x2 (Consumable) ???, Plasma Potion.

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame) Warded! (4 Attacks)
24 year old male Human
Caracter Ponts: 0/19

Velocity: 2
Strength: 4
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Perception 1, Athletics 1
Credits: 52
Equipment:  Double Barrel Voltaic Shotgun (Calibrated Energy Short Range Weapon), Telescopic Stock - Weapon Attachment (Spend an action to change this weapon's optimal range by 1 category), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration, Machen's Notebook (Tool) Adds +1 Occult and Religion successes, my be used with the Ghanta and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism.
Inventory: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Old Wolfclaw Veteran's Shield (Substandard Kinetic Armor) Dented IronPlasma Potion, Holy Candle 3x,  Flashlight (Tool), Ghanta (Tool) Once per battle, may be used to Stun all unholy enemies as an action. Can be used with Machen's Notebook and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism.

The Exorcisim
To begin an exorcism, you must spend an action to use either the notebook, the ghanta, or a holy candle.
After that, you complete the ritual by spending an action to use each of the items.
You may use these items in any order, but once one of them is used the ritual has begun and you have two rounds to complete it.
Using the items follows the same rules as the rest of the game - you can freely use the consumables from your inventory, but you must equip the tools before you can use them.
Good luck!

Edited by Duvors

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Mate, I've been seeing words appear an' disappear outta books for the last hour. I saw a blob of flesh galloping around the sewers. I saw a samurai ordering a pizza, and an elf whose brains were actually mushrooms, and a robot selling spare parts, which is kinda morbid if ya think about it. You haven't lost it and nothin' is crazy any more.".

FRa4548.jpeg
"Heh.  I do suppose you are right.  The elf with the mushroom obsession was quite... unnatural."

4 hours ago, Endgame said:

Disoriented by what just happened, Ronin tries to get make sense of it mentally and regains his bearings.
FRa4548.jpeg
"Decker... I do not this that is Avery... I think that might be Gregory."

He faces Gregory.  Glowing expressionless yes to... whatever Ronin has.  Whatever lies beneath his headgear.
FRa4548.jpeg
"Gregory?  If you can hear me resist the evil that has corrupted you."

Ronin moves to E3 and throws a vial of that orange Sleeping Aid at the Corrupted Gregory.

@Endgame, I have an idea for this battle without killing Gregory.  Assuming I understand the mechanics correctly, we both need to use the appropriate items simultaneously.  Since Decker has Machen's Notebook equipped, he can keep that.  You have to throw the Ghanta to Ronin.  I assume we just need to use one candle unless @Duvors says otherwise.  In this case, you can move closer to me and throw me the Ghanta.  Next I will move closer to you and equip it.  After that you can then use a Candle while I defend myself.  Next round you can use the Notebook while I use the Ghanta.  This is probably our best bet to save Gregory, or some version of it.  What do you think?

@Yzalirk

Decker nearly trips and falls as space shifts around him. But wait, this wasn't... How did... Decker shakes his head. Get your head in the game, guy,  he scolds himself.

"Whatever the hell this thing is, it looks like it has a mean left hook. I sure as hell don't wanna square up with this thing," Decker says, pumping his shotgun, before better judgment casts over him. He shouldn't need to fire a single shot to end this...

"Let's banish this thing back, Ronin!" Decker hollers. "But I'm going to need your help. Get over to me!"

That plan sounds pretty good! I think throwing might be risky, because I'm assuming that'd be a proficiency check and if we drop the Ghanta we may end up toast. I think this sequence should be good enough to pull off the exorcism?

• Turn 1: Ronin moves to D3 and hurls the sleeping capsule at ???. That'll debuff him in some way. Decker moves to D4 and passes Ronin the Ghanta. ??? will get a hit or two off, depending on what the sleep capsule does to him, but he'd have to roll perfect and we'd have to roll like complete crap for him to KO one of us. It's pretty low risk.
  • Turn 2: Ronin equips the Ghanta while Decker lights a Holy Candle. Since Decker and Ronin are occupying a bottle neck, when the holy candle is lit, we'll have 3 rounds where ?? can't even get close enough to us to land a punch. But we'll only need 1, because...
  • Turn 3: From the safety of their positions, Decker reads the notebook and Ronin chimes the ghanta. That ought to complete the exorcism and banish ???.

What does Warded mean, out of curiosity?

Edited by Endgame

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

What does Warded mean, out of curiosity?

It means that you're under the effects of a Warding Bond. That bit where Solon blessed you was him casting the spell at highest level (he can only do this on the temple's premises, so don't kick yourselves for not bringing him along). I forgot it during the swordfight and decided to let it slide since you weren't going to take damage there anyway.
Edit: Checking again, I somehow forgot that Warding Bond works off attacks instead of rounds. Fixed.

Edited by Duvors

52000465930_e1b6567e61_o.png

Round 1
Ronin moves to E3
Ronin uses Sleep Gel on ??? (??? Restrained Immune!)
Decker moves to D4
Decker gives Ronin the Ghanta

??? Sizes up Ronin
??? attacks Ronin - (3,4,2,6,6,2,4,+3) seven successes vs. (3,1,5,5,+6) eight successes.

Ronin leaps around the figure, throwing one of his many concoctions in its face. The creature stands unconcerned, seemingly unaffected by the substance. Decker, realizing time is of the essence, leaps across the room and hands Ronin the ghanta. The creature... does nothing more than face you, though Ronin feels his protection weaken.

Enemy

Spatial Incoherence: Is immune to Restrained and being moved against its will.

Party

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk) Warded! (3 Attacks)
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Artillery 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Perception 1, Stealth 1, Survival 1
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration.
Inventory: Gator Tooth (Can be converted into either a Kinetic or Elemental Standard Melee Weapon by a craftsman), Ion Laser (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon)Haast Flamethrower (Substandard Short Range Elemental Weapon) Overcharge: Once per battle, add +2 to next attack, all subsequent attacks have -2, Rocketpack - Armor Attachment (+1 to Velocity when wearing this armor), Flashlight (Tool), Ghanta (Tool) Once per battle, may be used to Stun all unholy enemies as an action. Can be used with Machen's Notebook and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism, Frozen Blood (Consumable) ???, Lamplight (Consumable) ???, Æther Shroud (Consumable) ???, Cytherian Salts x2 (Consumable) ???, Plasma Potion.

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame) Warded! (4 Attacks)
24 year old male Human

Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2, Medicine 1, Perception 1, Athletics 1
Equipment:  Double Barrel Voltaic Shotgun (Calibrated Energy Short Range Weapon), Telescopic Stock - Weapon Attachment (Spend an action to change this weapon's optimal range by 1 category), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration, Machen's Notebook (Tool) Adds +1 Occult and Religion successes, my be used with the Ghanta and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism.
Inventory: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Old Wolfclaw Veteran's Shield (Substandard Kinetic Armor) Dented IronPlasma Potion, Holy Candle 3x, Flashlight (Tool).

Edited by Duvors

Understood on the Warded bit!

"Ronin, get next to me!" Decker lights a Holy Candle.

"Did he take a swing at you or not...? I coulda sworn he did, then, I coulda sworn he didn't..."

Edited by Endgame

Ronin moves to D3 and begins to equip the Ghanta.
FRa4548.jpeg
"I... do not think so.  It feels like it is trying to pry my soul from me.  I think the blessing Neros gave us protected me, but I feel it getting weaker."

52002631374_b7eb8e8e3a_o.png

Round 2
Ronin Moves to D3
Ronin equips the Ghanta
Decker lights a Holy Candle

??? Moves to D2
??? attempts to take the Ghanta by force - Athletics (4,6,5,5,1,5,3,4) Six successes vs. Strength (4) One success
??? attacks Ronin - (5,2,3,5,5,2,3,+3) Six successes vs. (5,3,6,3,+6) Eight successes

Ronin fumbles with the object in his hand as he steps away from the thing before him. In his hand was a beautiful golden bell, albeit one with no clapper. Feeling their triumph near, Decker lifts up one of his candles and lights it, spreading a ring of amber light around him the two heroes felt their hearts fill with warmth and a sense of safety.
This is when things went sideways.
As he looked at the creature, Decker saw that under the light the blackness covering Greg was no longer smooth. Under the light of the blessed candle it appeared to writhe and squirm like a million tiny worms being boiled alive. Its eyes, unreadable orbs as they were, were filled with in indescribable expression of hate and rage.
Suddenly, Ronin felt an immense force tugging on the holy bell in his hand. Looking down, he caught the briefest glimpse of a black hand grasped around it before it was yanked out of his hand so fast it nearly pulled him to the floor.
He looked up. Before him, carefully standing just outside the candle's light, was the thing. It's eyes now shone with a triumphant exultation that filled the warrior's heart with fear. He the caught the faintest flicker - not of movement, but of a different static pose - and he felt his protection lessen once more.

Enemy

Equipment: Ghanta (Tool) Once per battle, may be used to Stun all unholy enemies as an action. Can be used with Machen's Notebook and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism.

Party

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk) Warded! (2 Attacks)
Equipment: Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration.
Inventory: Gator Tooth (Can be converted into either a Kinetic or Elemental Standard Melee Weapon by a craftsman), Ion Laser (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon)Haast Flamethrower (Substandard Short Range Elemental Weapon) Overcharge: Once per battle, add +2 to next attack, all subsequent attacks have -2, Rocketpack - Armor Attachment (+1 to Velocity when wearing this armor), Cloaking Generator, Flashlight (Tool), Frozen Blood (Consumable) ???, Lamplight (Consumable) ???, Æther Shroud (Consumable) ???, Cytherian Salts x2 (Consumable) ???, Plasma Potion.

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame) Warded! (4 Attacks) Protected (3 Rounds)
24 year old male Human

Inventory: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Old Wolfclaw Veteran's Shield (Substandard Kinetic Armor) Dented IronPlasma Potion, Holy Candle 2x, Flashlight (Tool).

Edited by Duvors

Gah, knew it wouldn't be that easy!  :tongue: Why did Spatial Incoherence kick in when the candle was lit? ??? was not in the immediate range of it, so it wouldn't push him away or kick in the "moved against their will" clause, and it doesn't inflict Restrained, either.

Human beings have some sort of instinctual response to feel repulsed by certain things. Things that carry disease, sickness. Dead things, rotting things. And whatever Decker saw, writhing beneath the veil of black shadows surrounding Gregory, sickened him to his core, more than anything else did.

"Pretty pissed off, huh, aren'tcha?" Decker spits as he staggers to his feet on the shipping crate. "What's your deal, man? D'ya have one? Or are you just waiting for someone to let you outta here so you can go on a killing spree? Sounds like your kinda thingl."

Edited by Endgame

Gah, knew it wouldn't be that easy!  :tongue: Why did Spatial Incoherence kick in when the candle was lit? ??? was not in the immediate range of it, so it wouldn't push him away or kick in the "moved against their will" clause, and it doesn't inflict Restrained, either.

Dammit, I made a mistake. I confused the range of the candle with it's duration, you shouldn't have been moved there and are still in D4. However, since it only prevents enemies from entering adjacent squares, it won't effect any of the actions taken by ??? last round. Please proceed with the assumption that you are still in D4.

16 minutes ago, Duvors said:

Dammit, I made a mistake. I confused the range of the candle with it's duration, you shouldn't have been moved there and are still in D4. However, since it only prevents enemies from entering adjacent squares, it won't effect any of the actions taken by ??? last round. Please proceed with the assumption that you are still in D4.

Noted! And if I move into melee range of ???, because I'm protected by the candle, it would kick in at that point, right?

51 minutes ago, Endgame said:

Noted! And if I move into melee range of ???, because I'm protected by the candle, it would kick in at that point, right?

Correct!

Since ??? now has the Ghanta equipped, technically, I hope my action or rather attempted action is not against any rules. :tongue:

After the dark viscous hand permeates from the ground, snatching the Ghanta from his grasp, Ronin fell to his knees.  Though feeling morally defeated, he begins to... laugh?  Still laughing, he picks himself up and looks straight into the eyes of evil.  Bright yellow nothingness.  He begins to taunt the demon.
FRa4548.jpeg
"Evil never prevails, demon.  You are a coward.  A parasite.  You need to prey on the weak and powerless to survive."
He grabs ??? by the collar and attempts to chime the Ghanta.

I can't get close to him now to rip the Ghanta away! And I already started the ritual.

"In for a penny, in for a pound, eh, Ronin?! I hope what you're trying works!" I have to read from it. Right? I can't shoot him! The candle's lit! But maybe there's some way to assist...

Decker reads from Machen's Notebook and directs his attention towards the apparition, hoping that the arcane chant would somehow further destabilize it and aid Ronin.

52003862640_7ab5747816_o.png

Round 3
Ronin attempts to ring the Ghanta (Athletics vs. Skill)
Decker assists with Occult (+1 automatic success)
Final Check - (1,3,1,6,+1) Two successes vs. (4,1,2,3,6) Two successes

??? strikes Ronin - (2,1,4,4,4,1,2,+3) Six successes vs. (1,2,2,5,+6) Seven successes
??? makes another attack - (5,1,2,3,6,2,4,+3) Six successes vs. (5,2,5,1,+6) Eight successes
??? moves to A4

Filled with bravado, Ronin seizes the hand holding the bell and attempts to ring it by force. Decker, desperate to end the fight as soon as possible, reads from the book in an attempt to aid his companion. Even though the creature's hand does not move, Ronin hears, on the very edge of sound, a faint humming.
Then the creature punched Ronin in the face. Twice.
He saw it this time, the thing lingering longer on its striking pose. The failing protection of Neros' spell was enough to turn aside the force of the blows, but it broke his concentration. There was another pulling sensation, and the creature disappeared, appearing once more atop a pile of containers. Its eyes, once triumphant, were now filled with rage - and fear.

Enemy

Equipment: Ghanta (Tool) Once per battle, may be used to Stun all unholy enemies as an action. Can be used with Machen's Notebook and a Holy Candle to conduct an exorcism.

Party

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
Equipment: Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon), Workman's Outfit (Standard Kinetic Armor) Filtration.
Inventory: Gator Tooth (Can be converted into either a Kinetic or Elemental Standard Melee Weapon by a craftsman), Ion Laser (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon)Haast Flamethrower (Substandard Short Range Elemental Weapon) Overcharge: Once per battle, add +2 to next attack, all subsequent attacks have -2, Rocketpack - Armor Attachment (+1 to Velocity when wearing this armor), Cloaking Generator, Flashlight (Tool), Frozen Blood (Consumable) ???, Lamplight (Consumable) ???, Æther Shroud (Consumable) ???, Cytherian Salts x2 (Consumable) ???, Plasma Potion.

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame) Warded! (4 Attacks) Protected (2 Rounds)
24 year old male Human

Inventory: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor), Old Wolfclaw Veteran's Shield (Substandard Kinetic Armor) Dented IronPlasma Potion, Holy Candle 2x, Flashlight (Tool).

Does the book need to be used specifically for the exorcism in order to count as part of the ritual?

"Did you hear that, Ronin? I think we got the bell to ring, I think we nearly got him!" Decker levels his shotgun at the creature, but then thinks on it. "Nah, y'know what?" he says, lowering the barrel of it. "That's not what has ya scared. You WISH I'd use that on you, wouldn't you? You body stealing prick!"

He wasn't all bravado, though. He turns to Ronin, concerned.

"You've been taking the brunt of it... how many more shots do you think you can take before the blessin' expires?" Decker asks, not in tune enough to realize that the protective barrier had already expired.

Does the book need to be used specifically for the exorcism in order to count as part of the ritual?

I'll say no, any use of the book counts. By-the-by, you can make as many attempts as you have candles if you can't ring the bell this round.

"Ronin, my blessing means that I can't get close to this guy. Whatever whackadoo power he has, we all go teleportin' if we try to make him move his feet. But if he moves his arm... If he moves his arm, he moves his hand. Which means the bell rings. Which means this guy can't budge that arm for a little bit or he'll exorcise himself."

Decker reached into a holster he kept on his hip and pulls out the unloaded pistol. His very first blunder when he joined Heroica, and not his last, but maybe it'd be good for something...

"Hey, buddy! Catch!" Hoping to whatever god was out there that his theory was right, that the apparition literally couldn't dodge without destroying itself, Decker steps forward into C4 to close the distance and throws his unloaded pistol towards the hand clutching the Ghanta.

52 minutes ago, Endgame said:

"Ronin, my blessing means that I can't get close to this guy. Whatever whackadoo power he has, we all go teleportin' if we try to make him move his feet. But if he moves his arm... If he moves his arm, he moves his hand. Which means the bell rings. Which means this guy can't budge that arm for a little bit or he'll exorcise himself."

Just a quick reminder, the bell has no clapper. It has to be struck from the outside in order to be rung. I'll also say that he'll be using Skill to oppose this roll, and if you don't provide a proficiency for this action, or change it to one that would require a different proficiency, i'll default to using athletics for your end.

Edited by Duvors

Due to the time pressure, I'll run the round as if Ronin is assisting Decker.

Round 4
Ronin moves to B4
Ronin assits Decker with Melee Weapons (+2)
Decker attempts to ring ???'s bell (Athletics) - (5,6,2,6,5,4) Five successes vs. (6,1,4,2,3) Two successes - ??? Stunned

With no time to loose, and the ritual on the point of failure, decisive action was needed. Ronin, his protection gone, darted towards the figure atop the containers, lashing out with his sword. The thing flicks away from the feint with mocking ease, but it was never intended to strike to begin with. This momentary distraction is enough for Decker, who with a lightly heave, threw his shotgun directly at the creature's hand. At almost the last possible moment, the thing saw what was happening, but it was already too late. The gun struck the bell with the full force of the throw, emitting a single tone - long and clear, silencing all other sound.
At once, the candle in Decker's hand flared up like a firecracker, this amber light expanding to fill the whole room. In the office, the radio began to emit a high pitched static noise that sounded oddly like distant screaming. The creature itself was rigid, seemingly paralyzed. Its skin once again writhed and boiled as it had when the candle was first lit. Finally, with a great effort, the creature seemed to break free of whatever was holding it. All at once it began flashing around the room, desperately trying to find some place free of the holy radiance. It struck the main entrance with enough force to leave a massive dent in the rolling door, it pressed itself against the walls, it tried to escape into the office, but the light drove it back. Finally it stopped, pinned against one of the stacks of containers, its skin squirming more furiously than ever. As it cowered against the containers, its boiling hide began to peel back, vanishing into clouds of black steam. Even so, it raised its arm before its face in a desperate attempt to shield itself before falling on all fours and briefly vanishing in a dark cloud.

After a moment, the cloud dissipates, and you see what has become of your opponent.

52006433813_6d16859936_o.png

52006917245_7c0eb61804_o.png

"Oh, oh sweet Irvator..."

Sorry for not being able to hop on to clarify - I got slammed with work related stuff yesterday.

Decker similarly had to shield his eyes as the candle grew as bright as the sun. He was honestly shocked the maneuver worked; he had never really had to throw an object of such weight and shape before and it was kind of a clumsy toss. Still, he could hear the bell chime, and it was perhaps the sweetest sound he ever heard. Beneath his visor, Decker was grinning. The light cleared, and he looks around, for any trace of the strange demon remaining. Only an indent in the rolling door and one very shaken up sewer worker.

He runs over to the man's side, holding his hand up to Ronin for a high five as he passes his comrade, before kneeling down besides Smiles. "Hey, hey, you back with us?" Decker says, reaching into his bag and uncorking a plasma potion. He holds it up to the man. "It's yours if ya want it, bud. You've kinda been through the wringer is my guess. Can you stand?"

After the absolute insanity that just happened, relief overcomes Ronin.  He is glad that Gregory appears to be physically fine.  That daze was short lived though.  They still have to find Avery and deal with him.  He then notices Decker's hand in the air.  Unfamiliar with the gesture, he feels compelled to give Decker some sugar high five him back.  So does exactly that.
FRa4548.jpeg
"You did good back there kid.  I believe we make a good team."

He begins to assist Gregory to his feet.
FRa4548.jpeg
"You must be Gregory Smiles, correct?  Arno Milver tasked us with finding you.  I am Ronin -"
He gestures to Decker.
"-And this is Decker.  We are agents from Heroica.  Do you have any recollection of what happened to you before you became possessed?"

20 hours ago, Endgame said:

He runs over to the man's side, holding his hand up to Ronin for a high five as he passes his comrade, before kneeling down besides Smiles. "Hey, hey, you back with us?" Decker says, reaching into his bag and uncorking a plasma potion. He holds it up to the man. "It's yours if ya want it, bud. You've kinda been through the wringer is my guess. Can you stand?"

"No, no it's fine." he says, pushing away the potion. "Yes, I can stand. Err, who are you?"

13 hours ago, Yzalirk said:

"You must be Gregory Smiles, correct?  Arno Milver tasked us with finding you.  I am Ronin -"
He gestures to Decker.
"-And this is Decker.  We are agents from Heroica.  Do you have any recollection of what happened to you before you became possessed?"

"Oh, nice to meet you. Before? Well, I remember walking down a part of the sewer where a lot of lights were broken and thinking it was a great place to be snuck up on. I was right. These guys in cloaks jumped me and knocked me out. Things are a little blurry after that. I remember being tied up in a small room with some other guy, and there was a lot of other junk around. I kind of remember people in dark robes wandering around. And there was this guy, I don't remember what he looked like, who told e that what was being done had to happen. That it was right and good for me and... I believed him. Must've been the condition I was in, because he kept saying horrible things but I still trusted him. Then I remember being strapped down in something, then..." he shudders, "Then I don't know. Darkness, fear."