Hey everyone, CK here and this time we present you a tradie tray. Down under (in Australia) you get to see heaps of different types of trays for more heavy-duty work such as for carrying bigger objects, carrying tools and for extra storage. 

In Australia it doesn't matter which truck you have, all that matters is that you can buy a custom tray and place it as a replacement for your truck's stock bed. I personally have seen heaps of ford rangers, raptors and even a Suzuki Jimny with a Tradie tray!

So this time we made a custom rear bed for your Raptor as Lego advertised this truck as an absolute powerhouse we decided to make a "more work" modification to this iconic truck. 

And for more photos please head to crazykreations.com
Features

• Ample space for PF lights
  • Tow bar
  • 2 in 1*
  • Additional toolbox (2 mods in 1)
  • Flatbed
  • works well with the model's suspension
  • Secured tightly on the model
  • Easy to remove and swap with the original!

The Tradie Tray is also available in other colours such as blue, light bluish-grey and orange to match the Raptor! Here's a photo of it with an Orange Accent colour:
Tradie%20Tray%20V2%20Orange%20photos.png Tradie%20Tray%20V2%20Orange%20photos_3.png Tradie%20Tray%20V2%20Orange%20photos_2.png

*This model is a 2 in 1 as there is a version of the custom tray that is optimised to have a canopy as extra storage as well as the flatbed option.
Link to instructions

2 hours ago, CrazyKreations said:

How good do you think it looks?

I like the way it looks, but I'm having a hard time imagining what such a tray would look like in real life. Is it essentially replacing the bed with a solid drawer system, which can then have stuff strapped on top, plus the tall toolbox at the front?

5 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I like the way it looks, but I'm having a hard time imagining what such a tray would look like in real life. Is it essentially replacing the bed with a solid drawer system, which can then have stuff strapped on top, plus the tall toolbox at the front?

I agree. A real-world image would give a bit more background.

Looks cool, are there drawers or slide out trays or something under the bed? If not then it does pretty much look like a flat bed truck, in which case it sits way to high. I have seen those Aussie trucks before on various tv shows like Aussie Gold Hunters, so I do see how they look a little different and yes they put them on anything, lol.

Looks like a good fit for this set, well done.

8 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Your kinda right, however, the main reason is to be able to carry much heavier and rougher stuff inside your bed. Also to look cool!

here is a real life tray I referred to in order to build this, (Please note that the canopy is removable as well)

77E66A9D-82BE-4415-BD18-566B0934CB66.jpe 6A044D50-158A-48F1-AC52-2227D9BFD3C0.jpe

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Looks cool, are there drawers or slide out trays or something under the bed? If not then it does pretty much look like a flat bed truck, in which case it sits way to high. I have seen those Aussie trucks before on various tv shows like Aussie Gold Hunters, so I do see how they look a little different and yes they put them on anything, lol.

Looks like a good fit for this set, well done.

Yes it does seem to fit high but the type of flatbed and canopy I chose to build needed to be in scale with the real on and work well with the raptors amazing suspension.

8 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I agree. A real-world image would give a bit more background.

There is one in this comment.

I'm glad to see it on the actual set!  I can't say I've ever seen a bed like that in North America, making it slightly ironic to put it on a truck that is (I believe) exclusive to North America, but that also makes it cooler, I think!

3 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I'm glad to see it on the actual set!  I can't say I've ever seen a bed like that in North America, making it slightly ironic to put it on a truck that is (I believe) exclusive to North America, but that also makes it cooler, I think!

Thanks Mate. Down under i see one everyday at least 7 times! I can’t believe you haven’t seen much of one lol.

59 minutes ago, CrazyKreations said:

Thanks Mate. Down under i see one everyday at least 7 times! I can’t believe you haven’t seen much of one lol.

Yeah, it is odd! And I watch trucks, too! I'll see flatbeds (Especially because our road salt rusts out the original ones early), toolboxes, and various specialized commercial beds, but never anything quite like this.

7 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Yeah, it is odd! And I watch trucks, too! I'll see flatbeds (Especially because our road salt rusts out the original ones early), toolboxes, and various specialized commercial beds, but never anything quite like this.

Interesting, down under trucks sometimes come like this mate. How extraordinary!