Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

I really like these new Navis minifigures with long arms and legs making them taller than humans, it will bring a nice realistic effect.

I appreciate the details like tails, yellow eyes, feline noses (so characteristic to Navis to forget them) and the possibility to connect their hairs with animals like in the film.  

I am very hyped to see pictures of the 3 other sets. 

Maybe we will see later a CMF series based on Avatar 1 ? Good possibilities...

Edited by dimitri_bricks

I expect wave 2 will be based on the new film, but if not I hope for some more movie 1 sets, I got some ideas to complete all the main cast and memorable things from the movie:

Attack on Home Tree: includes Olo'eyktan (clan leader) for example,  main build is the massive Dragon gunship. Includes some interior such as the Leonopteryx head coloured as a skull. 

Solitary set of a scorpion gunship, against some nameless archers etc 

Stampede Attack: A brick built Hammerhead Titanothere & Sturmbeest. AMP mech piloted by Lyle Wainfleet

A ~$40 Forest expansion pack with lots of creatures & plants: Direhorse, Hexapade, Prolemuris x 2, Tall trees for them etc. Includes Grace’s avatar

A small <$20 set based on the viperwolf ambush, plants are coloured for the night look & have lots of glowing parts included

Hells Gate base & the Shuttle: The main build is the Shuttle, side build is a tower building with the Avatar Lab room with tube tank & base HQ on top. figures include Jake’s avatar (lab coat), the other scientists, Parker Selfridge etc 

Edited by Bugbot20082

14 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

Do you think we will see the 4 other Lego Avatar sets at SDCC 2022 ?

3 other sets, and I really hope so. Currently I’m waiting to see that Samson before I put the money aside but I’m really hoping we get to see it soon. It releases in October so I’m not sure on it

32 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

3 other sets, and I really hope so. Currently I’m waiting to see that Samson before I put the money aside but I’m really hoping we get to see it soon. It releases in October so I’m not sure on it

Don't forget the Brickheadz set.

9 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

Don't forget the Brickheadz set.

Oh yes, thank you for reminding me! I keep thinking 4 because thats all that I'm really interested in, unless the avatar Sully one has some nice blue parts. I would think that we would know if avatar was gonna be part of legos convention list, but I've been wrong before and I hope I am now. I am dying to know what these sets look like! Hopefully more floating rocks!

Since I haven't been following the news regarding this theme I have a few questions.Do we know when the second wave will drop and will the first wave be exclusively based on the first movie?

21 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Since I haven't been following the news regarding this theme I have a few questions.Do we know when the second wave will drop and will the first wave be exclusively based on the first movie?

Second wave should be coming January 2023, based on the second movie, and the first wave of 5 sets (4 normal sets and one duel pack brickheads) will be based on the first  movie, consisting of: The tree of souls with toruk makto (the giant red banshee dragon thing), the site 26 research base and RDA Samson (a helicopter and small base), Jake and Neytiris first banshee flight ( 2 blue dragons and some floating rocks), Neytiri and Thanator vs AMP suit Quaritch (a black wolf looking creature with a long snout, vines on its head and 6 legs vs a small mech suit with a large gun, plus some Pandoran vegetation) and finally the 2 pack brickheadz (which is Jake Sulley in human form and Jake Sulley in avatar form). 

Hope this answers your questions!

Edited by a guy from somewhere

1 minute ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Second wave should be coming January 2023, based on the second movie, and the first wave of 5 sets (4 normal sets and one duel pack brickheads) will be based on the first  movie, consisting of: The tree of souls with toruk makto (the giant red banshee dragon thing), the site 26 research base and RDA Samson (a helicopter and small base), Jake and Neytiris first banshee flight ( 2 blue dragons and some floating rocks), Neytiri and Thanator vs AMP suit Quaritch (a black wolf looking creature with a long snout, vines on its head and 6 legs vs a small mech suit with a large gun, plus some Pandoran vegetation) and finally the 2 pack brickheadz (which is Jake Sulley in human form and Jake Sulley in avatar form). 

Hope this answers your questions!

Thanks for the detailed answer!

Welp Walmart have revealed the next avatar set, the banshee flight. Looks good, if a little small and the banshees don’t seem to have the right wings, although it may just be the way they have been photographed. Yet more floating islands, I can certainly get behind that. All in all it’s a little small for the price. Still anticipating the reveal of the RDA Samson set, really hoping it pops up in the next couple of days with this new Walmart leak.

Banchees’ look nice, looks like they also have posable jaws which is excellent, they look very well done 👍

The side build of rocks though is tiny! I was expecting a lot more volume of bricks for the price :/

Edited by Bugbot20082

One of the new sets is one of the twin-prop helicopters right? Just had the thought about it because Lego is so against War stuff (I mean... besides Star WARS right) and how they might find issue making it. Just want to see photos of that, because I WANT one! Also I'd bet more reveals start tomorrow because of SDCC

So they revealed 3 sets + a brickheadz set. Pretty cool especially the mech suit but I wish the helicopter was a bit better, might just have to wait for more detailed photos tho

I think those sets are all pretty good.  They've got good minifigures, interesting terrain, good dragon-type flying animals, and even (if the press release is to be believed) good prices, except the most expensive set.  I like the way they did the helicopter, and the base is just crying out to be recolored in blue to go along with 10497.

Wow, sets look amazing, but those prices are just downright disgusting. I get that theres a lot of recolours and new moulds and whatnot but that £90 Samson set should be £60, £70 max. I was scared they where gonna get rid of the second pod for site 26 and bulk up the Samson but no, they got rid of the second pod and just threw it away. That Samson is so undersized it hurts. No way is that worth £90. The amp suit and thanitor set looks pretty good though, and the 2 banshees look alright. big fan of the floating mountains. Honestly im just scared these sets won't sell and we won't get a second wave. 

also where are the banshees legs?

48 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Honestly im just scared these sets won't sell and we won't get a second wave. 

An wave of sets based on the sequel is rumoured for Jan 23. Those will get released regardless of how well the first wave performs as there‘s no way they can react that fast :laugh:

Nice. Not great, but nice. Set revealed at Lego Con definitely the best. The brickheadz are funny, the avatar’s eyes especially 

So some general thoughts on this wave as more pics have come out: 

Seems to be a lot of hate, especially on brickset from a lot of smug and dismissive people, but these sets cant appease everyone. Hopefully people will see that these sets are actually pretty cool.

The creature builds for this theme are in my opinion pretty poor, the thanitor looks rough, the 2 banshees look awful and boxy, missing their legs and the back wings, and I dont think the moulded heads "flow" well with the rest of the build. 

On the other hand, the human side of builds look pretty good, but also way to small. I'm not seeing the nearly 900 parts in the Samson set. I really hope we get a £50-£60 set based of the new Samson/scorpion hybrid that was shown in the teaser trailer. 

The foliage builds are by far the best part of this theme. They all connect, and they all look beautiful. As someone who loves floating mountains and islands, they look amazing and may convince me to pick up these sets alone, as they all are unique and fun. 

In regards to the hate these sets are getting (hopefully from a vocal minority) at least if the set dont sell well we can see them on sale. I'd love to get multiple Samson's and banshees, and we would also get more foliage. Apart from the tree of souls, every set is pretty mass-able, not counting figures. This is great! 

At the end of the day, Avatar isn't the most popular movie in the world nowadays (although it was at some point), I still think this theme has great potential, especially looking at the teaser trailer for way of the water. I can see the water banshees, the floating rocks in the sea, the crab suit mech and the new Samson's. its all perfect set material, and hopefully they figure out the Navi minifigs. 

Hopefully this theme has a bright future. I love it!

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

also where are the banshees legs?

Glad I'm not the only one who's been wondering about that.

6 minutes ago, icm said:

Glad I'm not the only one who's been wondering about that.

This quote from another Disney franchise fit's perfectly here: "Fly, yes! Land, No!"

I think the sets/builds are great but the Avatar figures are just disappointing. Or at least they could be more minifig like. 

The first set revealed got me little bit interested but fortunately (for my wallet) the rest look meh to me.

Loving the look of a lot of these, but not a big fan of the prices. As much as the ratios aren't bad, the builds just feel underwhelming for the prices...