Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, azog15 said:

Do you guys think the Na’vi prints will have noses, since it’s a pretty important part of their design? 

No. Except when they do moulded heads, I think LEGO is solidly against noses at this point. (Just one example but noses are also essential to Flinstones designs, for instance)

Im just waiting for some futuristic war machinery especially that attack chopper...

I just saw the Avatar WOW trailer before Dr. Strange and 

Spoiler

The new Samson design looks cool, much more angular and a little more heavily armed, but I'm not sure if I like it better than the original. Also was that Quaddritch in an Avatar?

Trailer is online, multiple things to pick out from the trailer. First of, the human tech: Base is cool, love the new hybrid Samson-scorpion chopper, the dragons are back in bigger numbers and there seems to be a new sleeker white version of the Samson/scorpion in white that’s landed on the apron of the human base. Also there’s a cool crab droid looking thing for construction. As for the navi, the flying fish sturgeon looking thing they ride may be an interesting set, pair it with a human attack boat and then we have a duel pack! I would love to see that beautiful crescent rock formation depicted in some sort of shrine set, and maybe a some beach huts or something? Not really sure. Overall, the hype is REAL. 

Edited by a guy from somewhere

Ok I got my full Wishlist for the other three sets all sorted: I’m going for more moderate builds & more individual things to play with in each set. So for example the Helicopters would not be much more part heavy than the Deadpool Helicopter from Marvel

Avatar 75571 AVATAR 1 - $40 , 560 PIECES

The Pandora Forest.

Direhorse, lots of scenery detail, a nice tree, viperwolf x2

Tsu’Tay, Jake’s avatar (first night), Naytiri (first encounter), Grace Augustine’s avatar

75573 AVATAR 3 - $90 , 887 PIECES

Great Leonopteryx sky battle.

Great Leonopteryx, Scorpion gunship Helicopter & Trudy’s Samson helicopter 

Jake’s Avatar (final battle), Trudy Chacon, Scorpion gunship pilot

75574 AVATAR 4 - $140 , 1,212 PIECES

Battle of Pandora. 

Link station mobile unit, Hammerhead Titanothere. AMP x2, Thanator

Colonel Quaritch, Lyle Wainfleet, Naytiri, Jake’s avatar (final battle), Norm Spellman’s Avatar. Norm Spellman, Jake Sully, Mercenary soldier.

Edited by Bugbot20082

LEGO Avatar is going to be present on LEGO Con.

I wonder if they'll just announce the theme and reveal a single set, or go all out and reveal all of it. 

On 5/12/2022 at 7:46 PM, Bugbot20082 said:

Nice, well thought out set list but I would likely significantly reduce the part count or increase the prices $20 to $30 each set.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Nice, well thought out set list but I would likely significantly reduce the part count or increase the prices $20 to $30 each set.

These are the actual piece counts and prices of the sets, not just speculation.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

These are actual prices and piece counts, you know...

And why would you increase them by such an amount? Those would be terrible PPP ratios :jollyroger:

Agreed but I believe it will happen, like I said I think those are good sets to start out but I expect prices to increase and part counts to be further reduced. Seems to be out of control inflation going on with LEGO sets recently, I can't be the only one that sees that.

52 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Agreed but I believe it will happen, like I said I think those are good sets to start out but I expect prices to increase and part counts to be further reduced. Seems to be out of control inflation going on with LEGO sets recently, I can't be the only one that sees that.

That's literally not gonna happen, those are the official prices.

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I think extended arms and legs would do great for Na’vi folks, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if they would fit live-action character very well. They worked for toys, but actual humanoids? It would look silly imo.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'm not sure if they would fit live-action character very well. They worked for toys, but actual humanoids? It would look silly imo.

Eh, we really have no idea what they would look like other than that head. I guess it’s best to reserve our judgment until we see them.

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's literally not gonna happen, those are the official prices

Yeah, sorry about that, I should have worded it entirely different.

To clarify, I think these three sets are a good start.

Going forward, I expect part counts to go down and prices to go up.

Hopefully this clears things up.

In hindsight I should have never said a thing. Thank you for your patience.

Also although it is highly unlikely, LEGO can and does occasionally increase official list price.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:00 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's literally not gonna happen, those are the official prices.

Starting to look like official prices are going up on many current and soon to be released sets. So maybe this statement could be no more than wishful thinking.

Edited by Johnny1360

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Starting to look like official prices are going up on many current and soon to be released sets. So maybe this statement could be no more than wishful thinking.

Lol, the irony. The prices actually went up.

The 40€ set is 45€. The 90€ set is 100€. The 140€ set is 150€.

Not a 20-30€ increase like you said, but still... :tongue:

Set leaks are out curtesy of promo bricks! Expensive, but I have to say, site 26 sounds like my dream lego set. The only downside is that £100 price. But site 26 plus a Samson? Count me in!

With the largest set being the Tree of Souls it sounds like Lego is really focusing on what will set this line apart from the Star Wars line by basing the majority of the sets on the setting of Pandora rather than the ships or vehicles. I like it, although I think Home Tree would have made a cooler set than the Tree of Souls. 

On 4/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, ForgedInLego said:

I'm gonna guess that the Banshees and other animals will be built "ninjago style" with a mix of brick building and unique moulds rather than "dinosaur style"

75571 has a very high ppp suggesting no new, large, or complex moulds, so I'm guessing some human thing, maybe a mech?

75573 I'm hoping is a Samson. That's honestly the one thing I really want from this theme

75574 either Hometree with a horse or two or that glowing tree from the third act. There definitely should be at least one location based set

These are just my predictions based on the first movie, the avatar 2 editors are probably furiously trying to cut down an 8 hour movie, so who knows what's gonna end up in the final cut. If they do end up making any from 2, I don't want another First Order Snowspeeder or Heavy Scout Walker situation from Star Wars for example.

Huh, I guess I was surprisingly accurate...

1 hour ago, djmangunz said:

With the largest set being the Tree of Souls it sounds like Lego is really focusing on what will set this line apart from the Star Wars line by basing the majority of the sets on the setting of Pandora rather than the ships or vehicles. I like it, although I think Home Tree would have made a cooler set than the Tree of Souls. 

I think the Tree of Souls was a better choice as it is much more recognizably "Pandora" rather than just a big tree that happens to be in Pandora

They also confirmed we'll be getting more sets in 2023, which "they'll be introducing us to soon."

Oh boy, they really are bringing back Woody's legs... I hate that idea honestly. I think it will look too strange, but I'll reserve my final judgement until we see the pictures.

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Oh boy, they really are bringing back Woody's legs... I hate that idea honestly. I think it will look too strange, but I'll reserve my final judgement until we see the pictures.

I told you so! Just wait until we get offical image of figures. :)

Edited by DBlegonerd7