Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

Glad to see they are doing sets from the first movie, that way we don’t get too many sets based on concept art which may not be accurate to the final film

This theme has great potential for some amazing new parts, prints and recolours for all the alien flora and fauna, I hope a hammerhead titanothere and thanator get made to battle the mech’s and gunships 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:41 PM, NoOneOfImportance said:

75572 [Jake and Neytiri's First Flight on a Banshee] 

Info thanks to wagners24.de

Oh really? That sounds awesome!

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sounds like a cool set! :thumbup: Can’t wait to see what the Banshees look like (assuming the set includes two of them)

set should include both, Im pretty sure they both had separate banshees to ride in the movie, although its been a while. so we know theres 4 sets coming and the brick heads, so 1 set down, and I think we can guess the brick heads to be either Jake sully and his avatar, avatar Sully and Neytiri, or maybe Jake sully and Quaritch? Im still holding out hope on the Samson, and im praying they don't butcher the design either. 

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Sounds like a cool set! :thumbup: Can’t wait to see what the Banshees look like (assuming the set includes two of them)

I think it would one Banshee if the set name shows that it’s singularr, not plural. I may be wrong. 

So brickfanatics on IG has a line up of the set prices;

75571 AVATAR 1 - $39.99 , 560 PIECES

75572 JAKE AND NEYTIRI'S FIRST FLIGHT ON A BANSHEE - $54.99 , 572 PIECES

75573 AVATAR 3 - $89.99 , 887 PIECES

75574 AVATAR 4 - $139.99 , 1,212 PIECES

If true it’s quite an expensive theme with no cheap sets. Price per part is very good, suggesting brick built animals rather than dinosaur parts, but then they might be including lots of detailed plants with many small parts to compensate.

Anyone want to make set predictions? I can think of a few if they are all based on the first movie 🤞

I'm gonna guess that the Banshees and other animals will be built "ninjago style" with a mix of brick building and unique moulds rather than "dinosaur style"

1 hour ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Anyone want to make set predictions? I can think of a few if they are all based on the first movie 🤞

75571 has a very high ppp suggesting no new, large, or complex moulds, so I'm guessing some human thing, maybe a mech?

75573 I'm hoping is a Samson. That's honestly the one thing I really want from this theme

75574 either Hometree with a horse or two or that glowing tree from the third act. There definitely should be at least one location based set

These are just my predictions based on the first movie, the avatar 2 editors are probably furiously trying to cut down an 8 hour movie, so who knows what's gonna end up in the final cut. If they do end up making any from 2, I don't want another First Order Snowspeeder or Heavy Scout Walker situation from Star Wars for example.

Hmmm I have a feeling that Bansheel is not a molded creature - piece counts seem “promising” that ti would be brickbuilt. 

However, we have Quetalcoatlus (flying reptile) from Jurasic World theme would be great for Banshee, in my opinion.

I gotta be honest, I'm kinda getting hyped for this movie. Gonna have to wait for the first look next week to see if it fully sells me.

I can't wait to see the LEGO sets tho. They have huge potential. Wonder how LEGO will divide the wave between Avatar and The Way of Water, seeing as they confirmed both movies are getting sets.

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I gotta be honest, I'm kinda getting hyped for this movie. Gonna have to wait for the first look next week to see if it fully sells me.

I can't wait to see the LEGO sets tho. They have huge potential. Wonder how LEGO will divide the wave between Avatar and The Way of Water, seeing as they confirmed both movies are getting sets.

Maybe this wave will be entirely for the first movie, and then there will be a later wave, maybe in January, for Way of Water.

41 minutes ago, CodFather1 said:

Maybe this wave will be entirely for the first movie, and then there will be a later wave, maybe in January, for Way of Water.

True, definitely a possibility.

It‘s possible, but why launch them after the movie has already been released? I mean you’d want kids to be able to ask for toys immediately after they walk out of the theatre, ideally :laugh: Fear of spoilers could be a reason (see NWH, in which case it didn‘t even work but that‘s beside the point). However, January sets often get revealed in October or November, so that‘d be ahead of the movie anyway :tongue:

Of course having sets based on the first film on shelves scratches that itch too, but not on the same level if the sequel features some good set material.

so for the first flight of the banshee set, what are we thinking in terms of build possibility? it is a $50 set so the build should be substantial and very sisplayable, but also have some elements of play,.

i was thinking either a large-ish rock for the minifigurse to stand on, with foliage on top and a play feature to push ajkes avatar off the cliff with the banshee, but the play function wouldent take up the eentire thing, maybe just half or so, and the banshees would have to be a bit smaller than minifigure scale, so that they fit on the cliff,

OR

a large flat rock face with tons of greebling so that theirs plenty of space to put the banshees and the figs, it wouldnt have the play feature to launch jakes avatar and the banshee off of the edge, because it would just shove them off of the rock face!

OR

(an alternative version of this is to have the rock face but it almost be like an upside down L so theirs place to put the figures on top, and stil have the play feature, it would have a small-ish water fall and it would look as if someone took the last idea, split it in half, and then used snot techniques to put it on its side, propping up the other piece.)

also in these concepts, the banshees would be brick built. and there would be around 4 mini figs, jake, neytiri, and the other charecters in the scene, I forgot their names lol.

i want to see what you guys think the sets could look like! reply with your ideas!

7 minutes ago, living_off_lego said:

so for the first flight of the banshee set, what are we thinking in terms of build possibility? it is a $50 set so the build should be substantial and very sisplayable, but also have some elements of play,.

i was thinking either a large-ish rock for the minifigurse to stand on, with foliage on top and a play feature to push ajkes avatar off the cliff with the banshee, but the play function wouldent take up the eentire thing, maybe just half or so, and the banshees would have to be a bit smaller than minifigure scale, so that they fit on the cliff,

OR

a large flat rock face with tons of greebling so that theirs plenty of space to put the banshees and the figs, it wouldnt have the play feature to launch jakes avatar and the banshee off of the edge, because it would just shove them off of the rock face!

OR

(an alternative version of this is to have the rock face but it almost be like an upside down L so theirs place to put the figures on top, and stil have the play feature, it would have a small-ish water fall and it would look as if someone took the last idea, split it in half, and then used snot techniques to put it on its side, propping up the other piece.)

also in these concepts, the banshees would be brick built. and there would be around 4 mini figs, jake, neytiri, and the other charecters in the scene, I forgot their names lol.

i want to see what you guys think the sets could look like! reply with your ideas!

I kinda doubt there would be four minifigure in this set.

I think the set might be two rocks: one base and another floating; connected together with trans technic beams hidden by vines

The banshee’s might both attach to something like a hanging mobile which rotates so it looks like they are flying. 

1 hour ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I thought it was October?

Probably is then. I said I think after September as I wasn't sure if I was remembered exactly right but I though it was around that time of year.

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, the date listed on the retailer's website was October 1st.

Great, thanks. 

Do you guys think the Na’vi prints will have noses, since it’s a pretty important part of their design?