Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

This thread is for all Avatar LEGO discussion through 2022 and 2023. It began back when Avatar LEGO was only rumoured.

Original first post:

Does anyone else believe Lego will make sets based on the upcoming sequel to the highest grossing film of all time, Avatar? Because I think they might, I remember there were rumours back for Dimensions 3 that JC Avatar was considered and going to be one of the licenses for the game. The franchise is PG13, Disney is now owning it and the Ideas set was popular but didn't get approved, I think the reason why it didn't get approved is because they are working on sets for the sequel. I know a lot of people say nobody cares about JC Avatar but I think they underestimate Cameron, this film will be big and Lego should hit it while it will be hot. The theme could give us a lot of interesting pieces and sets. A true alien world full of potential. 

UPDATE. GreekBricks and HothRebel confirmed the theme is happening. We will get a number of sets and a Brickheadz two pack. 

As cool as it would be, my gut feeling is it will never happen but who knows, I do think it would be hard to realize actual subject matter in LEGO form from the movie and it would end up being all about the mini-figures then.

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

As cool as it would be, my gut feeling is it will never happen but who knows, I do think it would be hard to realize actual subject matter in LEGO form from the movie and it would end up being all about the mini-figures then.

Why do you think it would be hard? The ships are not hard military, they are scifi. Also, the sequel will introduce submarines and crab mechs and much more. They could even make some neat builds for the Na'vi like a hut or something. 

You know, if Lego is doing Horizon Zero Dawn sets...then Avatar is even more likely to happen. HZD is literally like Avatar. 

On 12/24/2021 at 7:32 PM, TheMainBricker said:

Well Lego already did a model based off of the ship from a James Cameron film, so Avatar might be possible.

What one? Do you mean The Titanic? If so, the set has nothing to do with the movie.

Is Greekbricks on instagram reliable??? They said we get Avatar 2 sets and 2 Brickheadz

@Falconfan1414 Thoughts on this? Has any leaker heard about this? 

GreekBricks keeps saying it's the blue aliens film, the James Cameron one. Not surprised, I don't see Lego making a new deal with Viacom/Paramount after the failure of TMNT. But screw that, I AM SO HAPPY LEGO JAMES CAMERON AVATAR SETS ARE COMING. 

I've been out of LEGO leaks for a while, because I thought this was already known, but yes Avatar (James Cameron, not the Last Airbender) sets are coming in the second half of 2022. The same goes for an older theme which has a man who hates snakes. 

I'm sure Falconfan can confirm this as well. 

Not that surprising considering the Fox buy-out, but it's still nice to hear we actually do get sets based on Avatar 2 :thumbup: I'm not a massive fan of the franchise, but if the sets look good I'm definitely interested.

And some people on IG think it's about the Nick show :laugh_hard: Granted, that would be a nice theme too, but is reading really that hard? Or is James Cameron secretly funding the Netflix live-action adaptation? :iamded_lol: Imagine the confusion if he did

Imagine how many colors we could get, an AMP suit. Quaritch. Neytiri. Jake Sully minfigs! So many alien animals...this will be fun

3 minutes ago, Mr No said:

Imagine how many colors we could get, an AMP suit. Quaritch. Neytiri. Jake Sully minfigs! So many alien animals...this will be fun

Indeed, it has MECHS, so of course TLG couldn't say no :head_back: Seriously though, the set potential is high with all the creatures and vehicles seen in the first film, let alone what the sequels will introduce.

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indeed, it has MECHS, so of course TLG couldn't say no :head_back: Seriously though, the set potential is high with all the creatures and vehicles seen in the first film, let alone what the sequels will introduce.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/jamescameronsavatar/images/a/a9/Crabsuit.png/revision/latest?cb=20200808173737

The crabsuit transforms into a submarine, this must be a set. 

7b0b0f2a900a14469d182b0c7325442e.jpg

image-asset.jpeg

I expect 1 set like this, perhaps a small one. I wonder how they will do the Na'Vi minifigs because they are taller than humans. 

I always thought Lego missed out by not doing merch for the first movie, the gunships, big creatures, mech’s etc would all make fun sets. They could do a CMF series to cover the costs of the alien parts (new wigs, long arms and legs again like Toystory) etc. The Matel toyline was weak imo (beautifuly painted sculptures but the flying dragons only had 1 point of articulation if I recall)

I hope the sets cover some of the important scenes and characters from the first movie too, 

As a big fan of Avatar films from James Cameron, I am very excited to see lego sets beings made from it, I think it will be a well followed theme.

13 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

I always thought Lego missed out by not doing merch for the first movie, the gunships, big creatures, mech’s etc would all make fun sets. They could do a CMF series to cover the costs of the alien parts (new wigs, long arms and legs again like Toystory) etc. The Matel toyline was weak imo (beautifuly painted sculptures but the flying dragons only had 1 point of articulation if I recall)

I hope the sets cover some of the important scenes and characters from the first movie too, 

I think the first wave will be based on the 2nd film, maybe 1 set will be based on the first one. Perhaps the final battle with Quaritch in an AMP suit. I wonder how many sets we get, I would be ok if the first wave is 7 or 8 sets. This theme has potential to continue for a few years. 

Edited by Mr No

2 hours ago, Mr No said:

I wonder how many sets we get, I would be ok if the first wave is 7 or 8 sets.

According to @Brick Clicker’s video on the matter, there are two sets plus the Brickheadz pack :shrug_oh_well: Maybe they’re testing the waters first? *pun intended*

1 minute ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

According to @Brick Clicker’s video on the matter, there are two sets plus the Brickheadz pack :shrug_oh_well: Maybe they’re testing the waters first? *pun intended*

I saw it, he got it wrong. GreekBricks who started this first, said we get Avatar 2 sets and 2 Brickheadz. He probably read it as Avatar 2 in we get 2 avatar sets instead of what was meant, avatar 2 in meaning as the second avatar film. I am surprised some people struggle with reading something so simple, same when people thought we get Avatar TLA sets when the photo was the James Cameron one :laugh:

19 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Based on past distributions, it seems more likely that we'd get 4-6 sets aimed at kids, or one big one aimed at adults / older kids. I don't think they can really test the waters with such a timescale, they need to do it or not do it. As to longevity, it is likely the merchandising (whether lego or other brands) will decay with future movie releases. Unless they do something really special and different with each story, then more, more and yet more Na'vi vs humans in mech suits won't make for either good stories or, more importantly here, interesting sets.

LEGO messed up Minions, they jumped in very late when people were bored with Minions merchandising. If they do only a couple of Avatar test sets first, people are likely to be bored of Avatar merch by the time they come to do more sets.

1 minute ago, MAB said:

Based on past distributions, it seems more likely that we'd get 4-6 sets aimed at kids, or one big one aimed at adults / older kids. I don't think they can really test the waters with such a timescale, they need to do it or not do it. As to longevity, it is likely the merchandising (whether lego or other brands) will decay with future movie releases. Unless they do something really special and different with each story, then more, more and yet more Na'vi vs humans in mech suits won't make for either good stories or, more importantly here, interesting sets.

LEGO messed up Minions, they jumped in very late when people were bored with Minions merchandising. If they do only a couple of Avatar test sets first, people are likely to be bored of Avatar merch by the time they come to do more sets.

This. I expect around 6-7 sets for Avatar. Let's keep in mind, Disney is doing the marketing and they will market it like crazy. Heck, I can see the trailers have "the sequel to the highest grossing film of all time" because Avatar beat Endgame in 2021 with a Chinese re-release. No matter hwat people say now about Avatar, the film was big when it came out and everyone ai talk to in real life, they like it or love it. 

20 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah my bad with that sorry aha, read it as Avatar sets being two sets not Avatar 2 sets like @Mr No say. The rumour came out just as I was about to publish that video so was a quick last min addition... sorry for any confusion :classic: