Mr No

Lego Avatar 2022/3 - Rumors & Discussion

I admit also they do look a bit funny, perhaps they chose the new head in order to to have a long neck, a regular Minifigure head looking rather sunken compared to the elongated limbs. And then the fused ears in the new head saves cost of not painting/moulding ears into the hair 

I like The look of the set overall, the tree of souls was not my first choice of location as it’s pretty static and is mostly decorative, but I’m super happy to see the dedicated moulded head and new wing foils for the Great Leonopteryx, including articulated jaw and printed(?) patterns for the bricks on the back of the body. the packaging doesn’t do the creature build justice I think, I can’t wait to swoosh this 😁

The new horse is fine too, like the Thestral body it’s rigid but it’s ok, but I think it should have been moulded in a darker more purple colour

Edited by Bugbot20082

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So HD pictures leaked...

Based on descriptions, I thought Avatar minifigs would look bad. In reality tho, they look absolutely horrific. What monstrosities are those :jollyroger:

Seriously, those have to be some of the ugliest, most terrifying minifigures LEGO has ever made. Pure nightmare fuel.

And just like that, my interest in this theme has disappeared. 

We are at a rare accord :laugh: I wasn't sure what to expect, but I'm going with derpy. Not a fan at all.

The build looks stunning, but you need the figures to finish it off. 

I went from „meh, Avatar“ to „yeah, Avatar!!!“ just because of these pictures :laugh_hard: It‘s the magic of LEGO!

Not the first time LEGO sets have drastically increased my interest in a franchise :grin:

So when I saw the initial low quality pictures I thought I’ll reserve proper judgement until I see something of higher quality .. whoa .. I’m not a fan of those faces at all .. I love the movie, but thankfully I think I’ll be skipping these sets .. the minifigure versions of the Na’vi that the contributor of the Pandora Lego ideas set were great .. they had minifigure faces but you knew instantly that they were Jake and Netyri and yeah these didn’t have long arms/legs .. but ahh well Lego my wallet thanks you 😁 Pleased for those that love them and can’t wait for them, I’ll give them a look over when they're in the Lego store too 👍🏼

Edited by Jarreth2
Additional info

10 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Took them long enough! 

I have a feeling these figs are gonna be controversial. Personally, I’m not a fan. Hopefully they grow on me, but right now I’m not a massive fan of them. We also get a look at the beautiful rock build on the back, which took up way too much parts budget from the tree but I don’t care, it looks amazing! Sadly a lot bigger than I thought it was, I will have to get the parts for it if bricklink or maybe I find a deal on Amazon or something, because guess what, they’re not Lego exclusives! 

but yeah back to the figs, I think the strangest part is just how long and straight those legs are, and also the heads have noses. Mini figs do not have noses. This will be weird. But the builds are worth it! 

some minifigs have noses.  like in star war, harry potter, the hobbit

Throwback to when LEGO Toy Story launched and everyone hated Woody. Personally, I love the figures. I think they’ll look even better when we see them in sets next to a normal figure.

HD pictures look great. New moulds are awesome, build is solid if a bit small but I like what I see. Glow in the dark pieces!! High quality product for sure, justifies the price but still expensive imo. Definitely can’t wait to see the other three sets now, can only imagine what’s in store for the 2023 wave.

....and the article about the Avatar set on Brickset has been pulled. Pictures are gone too.

Lucky I saved the pics while it was up. You know, as I looked at the figures I wondered to myself "what do the alternate faces look like?" Then my brain turned back on.

Edited by Snake Slime

1 hour ago, Murdoch17 said:

....and the article about the Avatar set on Brickset has been pulled. Pictures are gone too.

They're still on promobricks, since they're not part of the LEGO network anymore.

Man, I hope they planned to reveal the other sets at the Con, otherwise what's even the point now?

Edited by Alegrispa

2 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

They're still on promobricks, since they're not part of the LEGO network anymore.

Man, I hope they planned to reveal the other sets at the Con, otherwise what's even the point now?

Sadly not, this is gonna be the one I think, and that theory is even more influenced by the fact that they pulled the images despite everyone seeing them. Classic Lego right there. They said on the Lego con teaser 1 new set was gonna be revealed and considering we have already seen high quality pics, and the fact that Walmart has the images, I think this will be it for the time being. It really sucks as I wanted to see the Samson set. 

No molded creature other than that blue horse? Eh, I’m not totally into brick-built creature.

So it sounds like the Minifigures are a deal breaker for these sets. As someone that comes from the time before Minifigures, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of Minifigures making or breaking a set, unless of course it is solely a MF set. I do however fully support peoples right to like or dislike a set, regardless of the reason.

I still like what I have seen and look forward to more, I only hope they are worth the cost as many sets are quickly becoming beyond my financial means.

Edited by Johnny1360

Looking forward to the other sets from this theme, so far it's better then expected.

Edited by TeriXeri

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Looking forward to the other sets from this theme, (…)

Same here

21 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Throwback to when LEGO Toy Story launched and everyone hated Woody. Personally, I love the figures. I think they’ll look even better when we see them in sets next to a normal figure.

HD pictures look great. New moulds are awesome, build is solid if a bit small but I like what I see. Glow in the dark pieces!! High quality product for sure, justifies the price but still expensive imo. Definitely can’t wait to see the other three sets now, can only imagine what’s in store for the 2023 wave.

And Woody needed height! TS4 short Woody looks like someone trying to play him. I think the Navi would look weird short, too.

Who else has a sneaky suspicion that we’re only going to see the Walmart set at Legocon? I really want to be proven wrong and see the whole line though 

7 minutes ago, TheLEGOChap said:

Who else has a sneaky suspicion that we’re only going to see the Walmart set at Legocon? I really want to be proven wrong and see the whole line though 

It’s pretty much confirmed it’s just this one. I really want to be wrong but they said that the producer of avatar will be revealing a special set, and seen as we’ve seen this one I think that’s it

It was only this set, for me it’s the faces .. can’t put my finger on it, but it’ll be a pass from me sadly and I so wanted to like them 😔

Agreed on the above. Whislt I dont care as much as others about minifigs when it comes to sets, these ones, god I cant get my head around them. I think its just the idea of the nose. Gonna look mighty weird next to the humans. But the set itself looks amazing, but I cant justify the price. Hopefully we see the Samson set soon, its the only one I'm fully considering buying

I'm not that interested in Avatar tbh, it was amazing for its time but i'm not that excited for the sequels.   The tree of souls looks so nice though, it could make a very nice weeping cherry tree to go with the bonsai tree set.

I think the printing is a bit off on the faces, it looks like on all of the pictures I have seen that the face print itself is a little low on the face so they all end up with small chins and a gap between the blue strips and the hairline. If they got that adjusted they would look a lot better 

Is a second wave confirmed already btw?

4 hours ago, Bugbot20082 said:

Is a second wave confirmed already btw?

Not outright confirmed, but Promobricks did hint at a second wave in January, based on the sequel :classic:

11 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Not outright confirmed, but Promobricks did hint at a second wave in January, based on the sequel :classic:

Where was this mentioned?

3 hours ago, azog15 said:

Where was this mentioned?

In one of the recent podcasts (the one in which they revealed the CMF list at the end) :classic:

On 6/16/2022 at 4:31 PM, Johnny1360 said:

So it sounds like the Minifigures are a deal breaker for these sets. As someone that comes from the time before Minifigures, I still have a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of Minifigures making or breaking a set, unless of course it is solely a MF set. I do however fully support peoples right to like or dislike a set, regardless of the reason.

I still like what I have seen and look forward to more, I only hope they are worth the cost as many sets are quickly becoming beyond my financial means.

Minifigs are important especially in licensed sets. What do most peoplecthink about when they think of Avatar? For me, it is the "blue cats". Without them, it is not really Avatar.

I was a bit on the fence before the reveal, and against after the reveal. I don't mind the legs, it is the heads that have put me off. They look like some cheap clone brand, not LEGO.  They are not traditional heads but also not as good as the 3D moulded heads of The Simpsons or Disney. They just don't look right to me, so I'll pass on the whole line.

This is what the heads remind me of, although LEGO didn't make the nose 3D.

0473617-2.jpg

Edited by MAB