Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

[MOCs] My fleet at the LEGO exhibition in Warsaw

Well, as (some of you) requested, here are some photos of my ships at the exhibition which took place last weekend in Warsaw, Poland. It was organised by WawLug which is the registered Lego User Group of Warsaw AFOLS, and which I'm now officially a member of. You can find out more about WawLug here:

https://wawlug.pl/
https://www.instagram.com/waw_lug/
https://www.facebook.com/WAWLUG/

Although there were some plans to bring other builders' ships too, due to limited space I ended up as the sole provider of Pirate-related stuff at the event. And this is what my part looked like:

00.jpg

Since all of these ships were posted here at some point in time, here's a list of names from left to right, each linking to its respective forum thread:

The White Damsel, Juggernaut, The Devil Lady, La Volonté, Repentance, HMS Eternity and El Mono.

Some more photos:

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Overall, I think the exhibition was a great event and there were visitors of all ages, who took a lot of pictures of everything, obviously. Some of them even remembered having the original Black Seas Barracuda or Caribbean Clipper back in the day. :pir-classic:

Anyway, if you're interested in pictures from the whole exhibition, which was packed full of great MOCs from great builders, here are two galleries uploaded by other WawLug members:

GALLERY 1

GALLERY 2

And, finally, a film:

Once again - a splendid event and two days of great fun. Hope to do this again some time, hopefully with even more Pirates. :pir_laugh2:

2 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

I was just about to ask if these ships had individual topics.

Ok, so they do! :pir-thumb:

Now, which of these haven't been blogged - time to investigate.

UPDATE

Photos are too small for the blog and social media. So Never mind.

Marvelous. I really liked the wild wild west with Spiderman jumping from roof to roof :)

Too bad for Pirate theme that you were the only one presenting. I like Classic Space, but come on... pirates are way better. 

For those watching the movie, Dreamweb armada starts around 8:19.

It looks great to see so many ships.

Great show, it's good to see so many ships displayed together, and they are from the same builder!

20 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Now, which of these haven't been blogged - time to investigate.

I'm sure at least a few of them have - which makes me wonder how the pictures weren't too small back then. :pir-laugh:

19 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Marvelous. I really liked the wild wild west with Spiderman jumping from roof to roof :)

There were more easter eggs all around. E.g. there were several Santa Clauses hidden here and there, and nobody knew their exact number, as this was a collab project. :laugh:

12 hours ago, NOD said:

It looks great to see so many ships.

6 hours ago, Bodi said:

it's good to see so many ships displayed together, and they are from the same builder!

Thanks! Hopefully next time we will find more room for Pirates, since I know I'm not the only one who could bring something (I have no islands as of yet, but other builders do).

18 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

which makes me wonder how the pictures weren't too small back then.

Quite simple. The average display resolution was significantly smaller. Back in the mid 2000's a typical desktop resolution would have been 1024x768.

So a 800x600 image would have filled most of the screen.

Here in 2021 the standard desktop resolution is 1920x1080 (although 2K and 4K are coming into prominence)

So that same 800x600 image barely fills a quarter of the screen and on mobile devices it may look stretched or lowered in quality (I.e. blurry and/or grainy) which is not good for maintaining a professional standard.

Hence why I'm so anal retentive about image dimensions. :monkey:

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Here in 2021 the standard desktop resolution is 1920x1080 (although 2K and 4K are coming into prominence)

So, just out of curiosity, is it OK to insert 1920x1080 images into your post? I always thought it was considered inappropriate and cluttering up the page, while smaller images are easier to scroll through. Then again, EB cannot generate thumbnails to larger images, can it?

13 hours ago, Dreamweb said:

So, just out of curiosity, is it OK to insert 1920x1080 images into your post? I always thought it was considered inappropriate and cluttering up the page, while smaller images are easier to scroll through. Then again, EB cannot generate thumbnails to larger images, can it?

Yes, Eurobricks will generate a smaller version of your large images to display in topics.

You can then click on the images and zoom in to view them a full size.

For example: the below image is 1600x1200 but automatically gets resized to 1024×768 when displayed in the topic.

Now click on it to view in the lightbox and click on it again to view at full size in a new tab.

Imperial Island Fort by BrickHammer 01.jpg

7 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

For example: the below image is 1600x1200 but automatically gets resized to 1024×768 when displayed in the topic.

That explains a lot, thanks! I will remember this in the future. :pir-classic:

On a side note, is it OK to bump an old thread if the MOC presented in it has been modified/updated? Or will a new thread be better?

On 12/15/2021 at 4:36 AM, Mister Phes said:

Thank you for this, as a new member I was also swimming safe with lower resolution trying not to piss-off everybody with massive pictures.

11 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Thank you for this, as a new member I was also swimming safe with lower resolution trying not to piss-off everybody with massive pictures.

Technology has reached a point to prevent you pissing people off with image dimensions. :pir-grin:

Providing you don't attempt to upload images with 5+MB file sizes.