Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] The royal joust in the dragon clan fortress

The Royal Joust: The  nobles’ indulgence

Each year, the Dragon Clan fortress hosted a great festival, culminating in the Royal Joust. The most brave knights fought for the favour of the queen!

In the royal gallery, we find of course the royal couple but also many personalities from the surrounding kingdoms: dwarves from the northern lands, elves of the Avalonian forests, nomadic orcs of the desert, and nobles from the island province of Valyrio.

The Rich and the Poor

The Rich and the Poor

The Rich and the Poor

The Rich and the Poor

This was my contribution for the Brickscalibur contest in « the Rich and the Poor » category, partnering with Eyrezer.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

The build: The Royal Joust: The paupers’ distraction

The Rich and the Poor

The story:

Each year, the Dragon Clan fortress hosted a great festival, culminating in the Royal Joust. The most brutal knights fought for the adulation of the crowd! In the pit, we find of course the rough and the bawdy. You were as likely to lose a tooth as lose a bet. Makeshift scaffolding groaned under the weight of drunk peasants while hawkers made a pretty penny selling ale, mead and unidentifiable meats.

The crowd:

Since my contribution is basically a figbarf, I'm giving the people what they want!

The Poor Crowd I

The Poor Crowd II

The Poor Crowd III

Build notes:

Spoiler

• Picture I: Runt is from my Monarchic Minifigures. To the left is a member of the "Sunclops" race, which debuted in my CDC2 CMF, and to the right is a gentlemen I created for the CMF until a list minute substitution for Flix. The little goblins were inspired by some work by @Exetrius here. I'm not sure they ever made it into GOH.
  • Picture II: Duned'in, the Mitgardian drunk, is from my CMF.
  • Picture III: My first Lionell!

Edited by Eyrezer

1 hour ago, jtooker said:

@Sympatik Brick, great job on the aristocratic clothing

@Eyrezer, I love the barbed wire

Thank you. I created both nobles from Varlyrio for the CMF contest… before to choose to make only kings,queens and sorcer of all kind. They are usefull now! It was fun to use head and headgear from the Captain Hook  minifig for this couple of fig.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

It's always nice to see Guildies collaborate, and an intercontinental collab is even more special! Good job coordinating the jousting ground. :thumbup:

@Sympatik Brick Classy figures and a proper stand for them. I like that you went with a dark green roof.

@Eyrezer Certainly a big contrast, as was the premise of the category. There's an appropriate mess, but maybe a bit too much. :laugh: The crowd is very diverse and colourful, individually I see some good combos. And thanks for the credit on the the enhanced microfigs:classic:

Thank you. The collaboration was so speed (Less than 3 days I think) It was really funny to build for this contest with someone at the total opposite of the planet. I’m happy you like these minifigs… 7/9 are from my CMF contest contribution and the 2 others were created for this event too. Even if I didn’t earn one single vote for this CMF contest I’m really happy with these figs. I know how hard it was to choose between these CMF contribution.

I didn’t spend time to create my minifigs and concentrate my work on the building in this limited (24x12) Moc. The dark green color was an evidence (Avalonia) and I had a bunch of 1x3 plate in this lovely color… I used the same (easy) technic than in my « New Hope » Grange… just more regular.

Edited by Sympatik Brick

I really like how those builds work together, with the same jousting event...but such different amenities for the public! Such different clothing for both groups of minifigs too - but it's great that their expressions are roughly the same.
Very nice work, especially given the fact you built it in...what? 3 days??

Edited by Aurore

Nice job on the list stands. The inverted jumper plates look good.  The audience is well built with some lesser known parts here and there that really look nice.  The pauper's crowd is hilarious with all the action, like the guy on the ground and pouring flaming oil down.  Well done!