evancelt

[COR-FB] Military Academy at Fort Stockton, Wullham

With the recent success of recruiting drives on the island, the Corrington high command has commissioned a military academy at Fort Stockton near Wullham. Candidates for admission must apply directly to the academy and receive a nomination, usually from a member of standing within the colonial armed forces.

Lieutenant Bollford rides a horse along the beach as a training officer leads a contingent of cadets back to the academy barracks after a day spent running drills.

Wullham-Military-School-1.jpg

Wullham-Military-School-2.jpg

------------------------

OOC: To be licensed as a large educational building in Wullham. Wanted to try out a studs-up Duplo landscape using the custom 1x2 pieces I recently used in the MOC Through the Pine Barrens

Looks pretty good for being built with Duplo. The landscape is varied and detailed. The building looks like a military academy.

I don't know about Duplo. If you want an honest opinion then you have to ask your son. If he wants to play with it, then you've built something good.

The minifigures look so tiny! :laugh:  Fun idea to go for Duplo, for sure.

It took me a while to realize it was built with Duplo, didn't know they have those pieces now.

It looks good as a whole, it's a good way to build large properties, especially the base.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think the end Duplo result looks like an abstracted version of a normal LEGO build. Definitely not planning to adopt this as a new medium, but was fun to try.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:12 PM, Bodi said:

It took me a while to realize it was built with Duplo, didn't know they have those pieces now.

I made the smaller Duplo pieces by hacksawing larger plates down to 1x2 (see link above)