Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission #8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It

On 4/22/2022 at 11:56 PM, Kintobor said:

51878927470_ee95e74954_o.png
"You dare accuse Fix-It of being a pirate?" Meerabeau points an accusatory finger at Polaris. "You have some nerve coming in here and-" 

51740379578_6c79939ac9_o.jpg
"That's enough!" Fix-It uncharacteristically shouts at Meerabeau, the dwarf quickly shrinking in her posture. Realizing his outburst he lowers his voice and calmly continues to speak in a more familiar tone. "Meerabeau, there's no need for hostility. Please watch your tone amongst our guests." Meerabeau quietly nods as she avoids eye-contact with both Fix-It and the heroes. Fix-It turns to Polaris. "I have no idea what you mean to say when you claim I was a "pirate", but I have no recollection of any such actions in my lifetime. Why... I can't even imagine doing such a heinous thing! The good people of Knothole are my family: I look after them, and they look after me. Fix-It Land is my gift to them, as a token of appreciation."

51739323547_432434e15f_o.jpg
"I think you all know my stance on this: we should try and stick together. If we're heading to the marksmanship contest, we should go together."

Well someone thinks he was a pirate, if not me personally. These person's want us to make sure. And close your jaw Yelana, I think it is a little late for any of your craziness to be going on... Your memory does seem to be an issue now. Do you even remember how you go that scaring on your head? 

On 4/22/2022 at 12:34 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Processing, what shall we do now Yelana, Polaris, M.I.L.E.S. ?"

51726209860_4be16101f0_t.jpg

"Alright, shall we split up or go togheter?"

Well it sounds like you got your answer their.

On 4/23/2022 at 1:58 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51720132912_5b43c374cd_q.jpg

"Alright then, I doubt there will be any Bladers at a shooting contest but I'll tag along if I must."

Bers is ready to leave for the shooting contest.

Who knows their might be some mess up idiot who want to fight. Yelana and me ran into some couple of some sort who seem like good candidates for a beating. You remember Yelana they were all paranoid over something. 

On 4/24/2022 at 4:41 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Well someone thinks he was a pirate, if not me personally. These person's want us to make sure. And close your jaw Yelana, I think it is a little late for any of your craziness to be going on... Your memory does seem to be an issue now. Do you even remember how you go that scaring on your head? 

Polaris Insight Check (DC: 2): (3,4,5) Two Successes
"I do not remember how I got this scar. Then again I have bumps, bruises, and cuts all over me from years of welding and working with tools. Why do you ask?" Polaris gets the impression that Fix-It believes what he tells her in this moment, even if his memory is foggy.

"If you three are heading out, be careful! It seems there are dangerous individuals about if what you said is true." As Fix-It waves the group goodbye and Meerabeau motions them with her fingers pointing towards her eyes and then in the direction of the party in an "I'm watching you" gesture, the doors to the workshop close. Making their way to the contest grounds in the cold, the town of Knothole is quiet and lonely as few people linger on the streets, most of the town favouring the excitement of the marksmanship contest. Shots of blaster and kinetic rifles rhythmically cut through the quiet, followed by cheers and howlers.

"You said someone wants information on whether Fix-It's a former pirate, Polaris?" Avgustus inquires. "Curious. Mind sharing who?"

On 4/25/2022 at 10:09 PM, Kintobor said:

"I do not remember how I got this scar. Then again I have bumps, bruises, and cuts all over me from years of welding and working with tools. Why do you ask?" Polaris gets the impression that Fix-It believes what he tells her in this moment, even if his memory is foggy.

"You said someone wants information on whether Fix-It's a former pirate, Polaris?" Avgustus inquires. "Curious. Mind sharing who?"

I think it could be the cause of your memory problems, but what do I know. 

Some mercenary Captain, but it sounds like he was working for some government, that the "pirate" ticked off. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:21 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Some mercenary Captain, but it sounds like he was working for some government, that the "pirate" ticked off. 

"Hmm..." Avgustus ponders on the subject before he stops in his tracks, a look of grim curiosity dawning across him. "Do you hear that? Rather, the lack of sound? The rifles have stopped firing." The rhythmic firing of long arms had ceased, but the sound of the crowd hadn't. 

On 5/3/2022 at 8:08 PM, Kintobor said:

"Hmm..." Avgustus ponders on the subject before he stops in his tracks, a look of grim curiosity dawning across him. "Do you hear that? Rather, the lack of sound? The rifles have stopped firing." The rhythmic firing of long arms had ceased, but the sound of the crowd hadn't. 

Is it over, already? 

"...I don't think so."

Polaris Perception Check (DC: 2): (1,4,5) Two Successes

Listening in the direction of the crowd, Polaris can hear the sounds of the crowd. From her position, the crowd sounds aggressive and angered. About what she isn't sure. She's too far to tell.

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Listening in the direction of the crowd, Polaris can hear the sounds of the crowd. From her position, the crowd sounds aggressive and angered. About what she isn't sure. She's too far to tell.

51713724713_92c3317025_t.jpg

"Well friends, this unit thinks this sounds like our cue, lets head out."

Bers is still ready to leave for the shooting contest :wink:

14 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"...I don't think so."

10 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Well friends, this unit thinks this sounds like our cue, lets head out."

Bers is still ready to leave for the shooting contest :wink:

We better hurry up and find out what is going on.

Hurry up Yelana, or we will leave you behind. 

The group hurries through the streets of Knothole, the streets quiet and empty. Approaching the greenspace where the marksmanship contest is taking place, the group can see a large crowd has made its way onto the greenery and out of the bleachers. The crowd is in a nervous frenzy, as they each person present tries to get a clear view of what's happening on the pitch. Members of the town watch hold the crowd back as Mayor Cassandra's voice booms over the crowd.

51821893852_1a6a2e58a7_o.jpg
"
Citizens of Knothole, please remain calm!"

51821893802_e50a5fce35_o.jpg
"I can't see! Is it true?!"

51821893927_6214c7acce_o.jpg
"Oh boy... this doesn't look good..."

51822950893_9ec99b48a4_t.jpg
"Ugh, this is exactly the kind of thing one can expect to happen when out of towners get involved with local festivities. How unfortunate..."

51822950578_c56e5f8544_o.jpg
"I would've had that winning shot... if only..."

Roaring over the crowd a familiar voice rings out, louder than even Cassandra's. His tone is aggressive and exhausted.

51787319430_39a6ba4e51_o.jpg
"My brother is dead- murdered, and this is what you all do? Grovel and gawk and gossip?! Outrageous- unthinkable!" Istifer, although not visible from the heroes' current position, shouts to the crowd. "Where is Knothole's boldness? Your sense of justice? There is a murderer in our midst and you all gawk at the sight of a corpse!"

On 5/17/2022 at 3:58 AM, Kintobor said:

"My brother is dead- murdered, and this is what you all do? Grovel and gawk and gossip?! Outrageous- unthinkable!" Istifer, although not visible from the heroes' current position, shouts to the crowd. "Where is Knothole's boldness? Your sense of justice? There is a murderer in our midst and you all gawk at the sight of a corpse!"

Bers stops dead in his tracks after overhearing the crowds uproar.

"Processing... this is bad friends, sounds like an angry crowd over there. This unit is unsure if we should proceed, they might direct their attention of outrage towards us, of course I could always cut down the crowd if they turn aggressive however I doubt it would be appropriate or appreciated..."

Bers looks questioningly towards his companions.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

"I think murdering the innocent is not the best look for your organization, Bers." Avgustus replies sharply. "We should maybe push through the crowd and get a better look, no? That was the chap on the bus with us when we came into Knothole, correct?"

On 5/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, Kintobor said:

The group hurries through the streets of Knothole, the streets quiet and empty. Approaching the greenspace where the marksmanship contest is taking place, the group can see a large crowd has made its way onto the greenery and out of the bleachers. The crowd is in a nervous frenzy, as they each person present tries to get a clear view of what's happening on the pitch. Members of the town watch hold the crowd back as Mayor Cassandra's voice booms over the crowd.

"
Citizens of Knothole, please remain calm!"

51821893802_e50a5fce35_o.jpg
"I can't see! Is it true?!"

51821893927_6214c7acce_o.jpg
"Oh boy... this doesn't look good..."

51822950893_9ec99b48a4_t.jpg
"Ugh, this is exactly the kind of thing one can expect to happen when out of towners get involved with local festivities. How unfortunate..."

51822950578_c56e5f8544_o.jpg
"I would've had that winning shot... if only..."

Roaring over the crowd a familiar voice rings out, louder than even Cassandra's. His tone is aggressive and exhausted.

Wait what? MILES star scanning the crowd for anyone leaving. 

/// Scanning started, processing

On 5/18/2022 at 12:18 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers stops dead in his tracks after overhearing the crowds uproar.

"Processing... this is bad friends, sounds like an angry crowd over there. This unit is unsure if we should proceed, they might direct their attention of outrage towards us, of course I could always cut down the crowd if they turn aggressive however I doubt it would be appropriate or appreciated..."

Bers looks questioningly towards his companions.

You think, one person seem to be already dead, don't need more at this time. 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:02 PM, Kintobor said:

"I think murdering the innocent is not the best look for your organization, Bers." Avgustus replies sharply. "We should maybe push through the crowd and get a better look, no? That was the chap on the bus with us when we came into Knothole, correct?"

Yes it looks like it. 

Maybe, I can do some medical triage on them. They might be as dead as the people think... 

On 5/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Wait what? MILES star scanning the crowd for anyone leaving. 

/// Scanning started, processing

Polaris Perception Check (DC: 2): (2,3,6) One Success

Polaris has MILES scan the crowd to see if anyone present is trying to leave. However, the crowd is too dense to notice whether or not anyone is slipping away from the crowd, and without a good vantage point it would be hard to tell.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:11 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Yes it looks like it. 

Maybe, I can do some medical triage on them. They might be as dead as the people think... 

Polaris pushes her way to the front with the assistance of MILES. They reach Istifer in the center of the crowd cradling a body. The corpse's hair is brown and dirty, their clothes stained with blood and mud. 

"Polaris? I'm... surprised to see you. I... wish we could see each other under better circumstances.

I do not think a medical triage will do much for Xander at this point... the life has left his eyes..." A triage on Xander would do little help at this point, but perhaps an autopsy might reveal evidence on the corpse.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:02 PM, Kintobor said:

Polaris pushes her way to the front with the assistance of MILES. They reach Istifer in the center of the crowd cradling a body. The corpse's hair is brown and dirty, their clothes stained with blood and mud. 

"Polaris? I'm... surprised to see you. I... wish we could see each other under better circumstances.

I do not think a medical triage will do much for Xander at this point... the life has left his eyes..." A triage on Xander would do little help at this point, but perhaps an autopsy might reveal evidence on the corpse.

Aaammmm, yes...

Well, you should at least let me try. Besides autopsy stuff is not really my specialty... Wasn't their spouse to be other medical professionals around here? 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:02 AM, Kintobor said:

Polaris Perception Check (DC: 2): (2,3,6) One Success

Polaris has MILES scan the crowd to see if anyone present is trying to leave. However, the crowd is too dense to notice whether or not anyone is slipping away from the crowd, and without a good vantage point it would be hard to tell.

Bers takes a look at the corpse and then remarks.

"There is not much this unit can do for this one... whether it is about healing or necropsy. I'll take a second look at the crowd friend Polaris and M.I.L.E.S."

Bers also perception check on the crowd.

On 5/27/2022 at 1:00 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Aaammmm, yes...

Well, you should at least let me try. Besides autopsy stuff is not really my specialty... Wasn't their spouse to be other medical professionals around here? 

"... I do not see what good trying to resuscitate a man with no heart beat will do, but if you wish to try, then so be it." Istifer allows Polaris to see the corpse. "I do not know where the other medical professionals are currently, but the mayor has much to answer for if my brother has gone missing and only when I go looking for him does he show up dead." There is a wince of pain, of remorse in the priest's words as he lets go of his brother to allow Polaris to see the corpse. A brief handling of the corpse reveals that Istifer is correct: the body has no pulse and is dead. 

Polaris Medical Check (DC: 2/3): (2,3,5,6 +1 Success) Three Successes

Looking over the body Polaris can determine Xander has been dead for a few days, perhaps a week at the latest. His skin is pale and his body stiff. The cause of death is obvious: a slash across the chest, cutting through to his heart and lungs. Polaris' medical examination proceeds well enough that she finds an opportunity to parse through Xander's bloodstained cloak and pockets should she wish.

On 5/30/2022 at 1:57 PM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers takes a look at the corpse and then remarks.

"There is not much this unit can do for this one... whether it is about healing or necropsy. I'll take a second look at the crowd friend Polaris and M.I.L.E.S."

Bers also perception check on the crowd.

Bers Perception Check (DC: 2): (1,4,6) Two Successes

Peering through the crowd Bers notices two individuals slink off into the night, slipping behind the bleachers set up to accommodate the crowd during the competition. They match the two individuals the party saw earlier in the market acting fidgety and defensive.

On 6/3/2022 at 7:03 AM, Kintobor said:

Bers Perception Check (DC: 2): (1,4,6) Two Successes

Peering through the crowd Bers notices two individuals slink off into the night, slipping behind the bleachers set up to accommodate the crowd during the competition. They match the two individuals the party saw earlier in the market acting fidgety and defensive.

"Friends! I just saw two suspicious individuals sneak off behind those bleachers over there, shall I pursue?"

Bers exclaims as he is already making his way towards the bleachers. Chasing after the pair.

On 6/3/2022 at 1:03 AM, Kintobor said:

Looking over the body Polaris can determine Xander has been dead for a few days, perhaps a week at the latest. His skin is pale and his body stiff. The cause of death is obvious: a slash across the chest, cutting through to his heart and lungs. Polaris' medical examination proceeds well enough that she finds an opportunity to parse through Xander's bloodstained cloak and pockets should she wish.

Well the cause of death is obvious the "big" slash across his chest (and the fluid loss). But from the looks of things he has been dead for a couple big days. Checking his personal belongings might give a clue to what could happen... 

On 6/5/2022 at 2:02 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Friends! I just saw two suspicious individuals sneak off behind those bleachers over there, shall I pursue?"

Bers exclaims as he is already making his way towards the bleachers. Chasing after the pair.

And he is off, Yelana you better go after him, to make sure he doesn't bite off more than he can chew. @Classic_Spaceman

On 6/7/2022 at 7:11 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Well the cause of death is obvious the "big" slash across his chest (and the fluid loss). But from the looks of things he has been dead for a couple big days. Checking his personal belongings might give a clue to what could happen... 

And he is off, Yelana you better go after him, to make sure he doesn't bite off more than he can chew. @Classic_Spaceman

Searching through pockets of Xander's body with the time she has, Polaris pulls out a holopad and a belt lined with daggers. A few of the daggers are missing.

On 6/5/2022 at 2:02 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

Bers begins to chase after the shady duo, moving through the crowd. As he gets to the edge of the crowd a familiar face steps between them.

"Something catch your eye, Bers?" Cassandra stood between him and the fleeing duo. Her fingers danced on the pommel of her sword, a frustrated frown grimacing at the adamite. "Today has gone from boring to hostile since you and your friends arrived. Is there something you know that I should be made aware of?"

On 6/15/2022 at 11:51 PM, Kintobor said:

Searching through pockets of Xander's body with the time she has, Polaris pulls out a holopad and a belt lined with daggers. A few of the daggers are missing.

MILES see what you can get off this date-pad. 

/// Processing... 

Mmmm it looks like some of the daggers are missing. I wonder what happened to them. 

On 6/16/2022 at 5:51 AM, Kintobor said:

"Something catch your eye, Bers?" Cassandra stood between him and the fleeing duo. Her fingers danced on the pommel of her sword, a frustrated frown grimacing at the adamite. "Today has gone from boring to hostile since you and your friends arrived. Is there something you know that I should be made aware of?"

51713461916_29f889bd09_t.jpg

"No friend Cassandra, this unit is merely going to chase after whom might potentially be Xander's killers!"

Bers exclaims as he's raring to go.

On 6/21/2022 at 11:15 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

51713461916_29f889bd09_t.jpg

"No friend Cassandra, this unit is merely going to chase after whom might potentially be Xander's killers!"

Bers exclaims as he's raring to go.

Cassandra brow furrows at Bers' assertion.

"Just try and avoid making more trouble for yourselves, alright?"

As the heroes chase after the suspicious individuals an Elf inexplicably teleports next to them.

51337143927_559367ace4_t.jpg
"Ah, here you are! Blast, do you have any idea how long we've been trying to find you? No, no of course you don't... right then come on."

"Wait, where are you goi..."

"Sorry, no time to explain!"

The Elf grabs the heroes before once again casting a transportation spell. In a flash, the group find themselves back in the main lobby of Heroica Hall.

51228847505_043e91306b_z.jpg

"So sorry about the suddenness, but something has happened and we needed to retrieve as many agents from the field as soon as we could. Just.. stay here. We'll see to it that the details of your previous mission are taken care of. Don't leave the hotel unless absolutely necessary. We'll provide more information soon enough."

The Mission is Unsuccessful - (6 CP awarded for Length of Mission)

Party

Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points:  6/20
Vitality:  6/6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 2, Athletics 2, Perception 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 110
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Shield Booster, 2 Energy Cell, Nanite Elixer, 2 Plasma Potions, Sawn-Off Shotgun (Standard Short Range Kinetic Weapon)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human 
Character Points: 7/21 
Vitality: 6/6 
Velocity: 3 
Strength: 
Skill: 
Smarts: 4 
Spirit: 0 
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Insight 1, Stealth 1, Sleight of Hand 1 
Known Spells: N/A 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon, Ion Scope (Attachment: This Weapon Ignores Obscurement), Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armour), Farsight Goggles 
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Translator Cube, Plasma Potion 2x, Energy Cell
Credits: 80

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  6/28
Vitality:  8/8 
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  3
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  2/2
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 2, Nature 2,  Short Range Weapons 1, Long Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Healing Light, Spirit Ally, 
Credits:  32
Equipment: Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon), Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, 
Inventory: Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x3), Pulse Cannon (Calibrated, Energy, Long Range Weapon), 2 Shield Boosters

MM Note: Sorry folks that this got delayed and eventually canceled. Feel free to have your characters return to the Hall.