Kintobor

Heroica: Glory Amongst the Star - Mission #8: The Enigmatic Mr. Fix-It

On 1/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, samurai-turtle said:

I went aether diving once. And their is dangerous stuff that could be found their. I had to deal with a, I don't even know what it was. Well I had to help retrieve a traped diver. And it turns out this "creature" was mind controling said diver. It tried to get into my head and the rest of teams heads too, and it wasn't pleasant experience.

51787319430_39a6ba4e51_o.jpg
"The aether can be a dangerous place." Istifer responds, crossing his arms. "It is both a part of our world and yet so far apart from it. Indeed, I remember when the aethernet went online. That was... goodness, years ago at this point. A century, maybe? Nevertheless, it is good to see you have a penchant for helping those in need. There are many problems plaguing the Arm. We could use more helping hands."

On 1/7/2022 at 6:23 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Well MILES, I am a little tired of asking about it. Turing her full attention to the group now. What do you do when when you don't know their proper name or really any thing else about said "Snow Queen". But now that MILES mention it, and I am noticing now you are the third group of religious people that I run into during this trip so far. Plus, this "Snow Queen" told me I am one of her "Cleric(s)" what ever that entails. 

"Hmm... there are stories of a nature spirit known as the "Snow Queen". I will be honest with you, as much as I am at home in the outdoors and attuning to the world around us, nature spirits are fickle, flighty beings. The Snow Queen, as her formal name implies, considers herself a ruler of icy realms and a harbinger of winter. There are stories that claim her to be more than just a nature spirit, but that she comes from the realm of the fae, and it is through the use of her snow bees that she sends messages to her followers and prepares for the coming winter. There are clerics of Buloros who refer to her as a patron of winter's wrath; of the destruction and bleakness of the cold, and a renewed hope for spring. Indeed: everything comes in cycles: spring, summer, autumn, and winter; life, death, rebirth; seasons of peace, and seasons of revolution. It is this cycle us priests of Buloros dedicate ourselves to, and we ensure that the world does not stay stagnant.

If she is referring to you as a cleric, then clearly she wishes to grant you some spark of her power for praying or divining to her." Removing one of his gloves, Istifer reaches into a bag and grabs a handful of dirt. H clutches his hand, squishing the dirt as clumps escape between his fingers before gently opening it, revealing a small, pudding flower slowly growing upward. "A small pinch of the power Buloros grants me. I imagine if you were to follow this path the Snow Queen wishes you to follow she might grant you some of her power, too."

19 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51622013670_652656d062_q.jpg "Alright friend, this unit thinks that sounds like a plan. Do you know if this is a long ride?"

Bers takes the seat next to Avgustus.

51739323547_432434e15f_o.jpg
"It should not be too long... a few hours at the most. Hopefully the weather doesn't sour." Avgustus closes the chest and sits with Bers. "Ah well, we can always look out the window and enjoy the rolling scenery!"

On 1/11/2022 at 8:54 PM, Kintobor said:

"Hmm... there are stories of a nature spirit known as the "Snow Queen". I will be honest with you, as much as I am at home in the outdoors and attuning to the world around us, nature spirits are fickle, flighty beings. The Snow Queen, as her formal name implies, considers herself a ruler of icy realms and a harbinger of winter. There are stories that claim her to be more than just a nature spirit, but that she comes from the realm of the fae, and it is through the use of her snow bees that she sends messages to her followers and prepares for the coming winter. There are clerics of Buloros who refer to her as a patron of winter's wrath; of the destruction and bleakness of the cold, and a renewed hope for spring. Indeed: everything comes in cycles: spring, summer, autumn, and winter; life, death, rebirth; seasons of peace, and seasons of revolution. It is this cycle us priests of Buloros dedicate ourselves to, and we ensure that the world does not stay stagnant.

If she is referring to you as a cleric, then clearly she wishes to grant you some spark of her power for praying or divining to her." Removing one of his gloves, Istifer reaches into a bag and grabs a handful of dirt. H clutches his hand, squishing the dirt as clumps escape between his fingers before gently opening it, revealing a small, pudding flower slowly growing upward. "A small pinch of the power Buloros grants me. I imagine if you were to follow this path the Snow Queen wishes you to follow she might grant you some of her power, too."

Snow Bees? What are those things bees made of ice... Well at least I know it won't be a complete dead end. I was getting the feeling that I was just making the whole thing up. 

Well I don't know about praying to her doesn't seem like the type, maybe this divining is closer to what she might want... Like be able to summon an ice creature? 

On 1/12/2022 at 9:36 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Snow Bees? What are those things bees made of ice... Well at least I know it won't be a complete dead end. I was getting the feeling that I was just making the whole thing up. 

Well I don't know about praying to her doesn't seem like the type, maybe this divining is closer to what she might want... Like be able to summon an ice creature? 

"No no, I do believe your story. There are far stranger, far more curious tales that still happened to be true. The world we live in is at times stranger than fiction." Istifer nods his head. "I will be honest, I am not as knowledgeable about the Snow Queen as perhaps you were hoping for, but perhaps you should divine on her some more. I do not know what powers she might bestow, but communication with her should be dealt with cautiously. Faeries can be dangerous, and if she happens to be one I would not want to see you get hurt." The bus roars to life as the automaton driver takes their seat and starts the ignition. Istifer grumbles before turning to Polaris. "If you don't mind I am going to have call this the end of our conversation. I would be more than willing to talk with you in Knothole, though. I'll be staying at the town's inn if you wish to speak to me again." Istifer bows before taking his seat, the bus lurching forward as the party rode to their destination.

---

After a few hours of driving the bus comes to a stop, the robotic driver announcing the destination in a tinny voice and reminding the passengers to not forget any belongings. Stepping outside, the air is cool and crisp, but not unbearably so. The village of Knothole was alive with activity: street performers played music and performed feats of dexterity and coordination such as juggling and acrobatics. The smell of spiced meats, baked breads, and mulling drinks filled the air. The sounds of laughter, cheering, and merriment rocked through the town's streets, all of them paved with dirt and patched with snow. In the distance a large swath of trees sprouted at the hills at the town's edge, beyond that tall mountain peaks. The town was almost picturesque in it's quaintness. The other three passengers step off the bus, Avgustus lugging his trunk behind him as it clanged against each step of the bus.

"Well, this is where we depart for now. Polaris, take care. I'm certain we'll meet again. My daughter wishes to partake in the marksmanship contest earlier today after we've visited my brother."

51785629717_db1b6079c1_o.jpg
"I'd like to test my skill against some of you guys; see if I can't beat a mercenary at their own game." Jessi confidently grins and fires off a pair of pistol fingers at the group as she and her dad leave for the inn.

"Ah, heroes!" Avgustus calls out, dragging his trunk behind him. "Well, I'm currently off to the inn and then it's off to see Fix-It. Maybe I'll see you there when you go to visit him yourself, hm? Needless to say, enjoy the Harvest Week festivities, and if you wish to speak to me I'll be staying at the inn! Goodbye for now!" The professor drags his trunk through the snow in the same direction the two elves went, leaving the heroes to mill about the town's gate. A large crowd had gathered around a green building, looking through the fresh pasties, pies, cakes and breads. Coming in behind them was a man leading a large, bipedal lizard. The creatures scales were a mossy green, and it's claws sharp and white. Crowds bustled over the music from a band as vendors shouted and residents and guests walked through the street

51821894217_80517455fa_o.jpg

51823181759_86f66e724a_o.jpg
"Freshly baked pies! Freshly baked bread! All baked in an authentic dwarven forge! Come one, come all!"

51822950893_9ec99b48a4_t.jpg
"Now you listen here- all I care about is the safety of the community! I do not want to see your pistol tricks taking out a window or worse!" The purple skinned woman raises an eyebrow at the dwarf wagging a finger at her.

51822950578_c56e5f8544_o.jpg
"Sheesh, lay off it, old timer. I got better things to be doing than listening to you badger on all day about what I should be doing with my time."

51822950893_9ec99b48a4_t.jpg
"Old timer!! How dare you speak to me in such a manner!"

51821893852_1a6a2e58a7_o.jpg
"Hey, you three." An elven woman approaches the party, a hand resting on the pommel of a glistening rapier attached to her hip. Her blue jumpsuit is similar in style to the ones worn on the Satyr's Song, the exception being her sky blue jacket. "Everything going well? I'm just checking in to make sure you didn't catch the wrong bus by accident. We don't get a lot of people from outside the community around here."

-The Heroes-

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg
Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle) -PARTY LEADER-
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  0 / 22 
Vitality:  8 / 8 
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  3
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  2 / 2
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 2, Nature 2,  Short Range Weapons 1, Long Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Healing Light, Spirit Ally, 
Credits:  32
Equipment: Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, 
Inventory:  Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x5), Pulse Cannon (Calibrated, Energy, Long Range Weapon)
Other: Minor Blessing of Lorgothol (+1 Success to the next Medicine Check made by this character. This blessing disappears after the check is made.)

51620806566_d498f30bf5_t.jpg
Designation: B3R5 - 3rk (Dutch Thriceman)
Character Points: 0 / 14
Vitality: 6 / 6
Velocity: 2
Strength: 3
Skill: 2
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 2, Intimidation 2, Athletics 2
Known Spells: None
Credits: 85
Equipment: Chain-Greatsword (Standard Kinetic Weapon) Mecha-Plate (Standard Kinetic Armour)
Inventory: Shield Booster, Energy Cell, Nanite Elixer, 2 Plasma Potions, Sawn-Off Shotgun (Standard Short Range Kinetic Weapon)

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human 
Character Points: 1/15 
Vitality:
Velocity: 3 
Strength:
Skill:
Smarts: 4 
Spirit: 0 
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Insight 1, Stealth 1, Sleight of Hand 1 
Known Spells: N/A 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon, Ion Scope (Attachment: This Weapon Ignores Obscurement), Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armour), Farsight Goggles 
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Translator Cube, Plasma Potion 2x 
Other: Minor Blessing of Lorgothol (+1 Success to the next Medicine Check made by this character. This blessing disappears after the check is made.)
Credits: 60

Edited by Kintobor

On 1/16/2022 at 1:07 AM, Kintobor said:

"Hey, you three." An elven woman approaches the party, a hand resting on the pommel of a glistening rapier attached to her hip. Her blue jumpsuit is similar in style to the ones worn on the Satyr's Song, the exception being her sky blue jacket. "Everything going well? I'm just checking in to make sure you didn't catch the wrong bus by accident. We don't get a lot of people from outside the community around here."

This seems like a nice enough place Bers thinks to himself as he enters the quaint village, his eyes are immediatly drawn to the fleshling carrying a rapier.

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg "Greetings friend... ? I couldn't help but notice your blade, you would not perchance care for a gentleman's.. and gentlewoman's.. duel would you?"

On 1/15/2022 at 7:07 PM, Kintobor said:

"Hey, you three." An elven woman approaches the party, a hand resting on the pommel of a glistening rapier attached to her hip. Her blue jumpsuit is similar in style to the ones worn on the Satyr's Song, the exception being her sky blue jacket. "Everything going well? I'm just checking in to make sure you didn't catch the wrong bus by accident. We don't get a lot of people from outside the community around here.

Isn't there a festival going on here? It would make sense for out side visitors to show up. 

18 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

This seems like a nice enough place Bers thinks to himself as he enters the quaint village, his eyes are immediatly drawn to the fleshling carrying a rapier.

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg "Greetings friend... ? I couldn't help but notice your blade, you would not perchance care for a gentleman's.. and gentlewoman's.. duel would you?"

"Oh, this?" She pats the rapier n her hip, the glint of the metal reflecting in the sun. "It's served me well  when I was in the navy. Now? It's mainly for show." The elf furrows her brow in confusion before nodding at the offer for a duel. "Do you introduce yourself to everyone with a proposition for a duel?" She smirks. "I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to such an offer if you wish to spar. It's been awhile since I've had a need to draw it; it wouldn't hurt to get some practice in. I do prefer knowing the name of my sparring partner, though."

4 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Isn't there a festival going on here? It would make sense for out side visitors to show up.

"Fair enough." The elf responds, folding her arms. "My name is Cassandra Skyreach. I'm the mayor of Knothole. As such I'm helping keep an eye on the festival as it progresses to ensure things go smoothly." Cassandra eyes the heroes over, looking at their attire and gear before continuing. "All I ask is that you keep your weapons to yourselves and you don't cause any trouble. This is a quiet community, it doesn't need any more excitement."

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"Fair enough." The elf responds, folding her arms. "My name is Cassandra Skyreach. I'm the mayor of Knothole. As such I'm helping keep an eye on the festival as it progresses to ensure things go smoothly." Cassandra eyes the heroes over, looking at their attire and gear before continuing. "All I ask is that you keep your weapons to yourselves and you don't cause any trouble. This is a quiet community, it doesn't need any more excitement."

You mean besides this shooting contest that spouse to happen. From what I heard everyone seems to be talking about it. That and this "Fix-It" character I heard about. Oh, I am Polaris Ursaring and this here is MILES. I will let the others induce themselves if they wish to do so. 

///Greetings. MILES seems to be checking out the green lizard. 

Polaris attention seems to shift to the brown dress person to her left. 

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Oh, this?" She pats the rapier n her hip, the glint of the metal reflecting in the sun. "It's served me well  when I was in the navy. Now? It's mainly for show." The elf furrows her brow in confusion before nodding at the offer for a duel. "Do you introduce yourself to everyone with a proposition for a duel?" She smirks. "I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to such an offer if you wish to spar. It's been awhile since I've had a need to draw it; it wouldn't hurt to get some practice in. I do prefer knowing the name of my sparring partner, though."

51742075874_a08572ee3c_q.jpg "Oh of course, forgive me miss Skyreach, my name is B 3 R 5 - Three Ark but for brevity's sake you may call me Bers. And yes I was asking for a sparring match indeed. I do not ask every individual I meet but merely those who can be identified as Bladers."

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

OoC: 

Spoiler

49267649646_d026d4f5c6_t.jpg
Yelana Fennix (Classic_Spaceman) 
Unknown age Female Human 
Character Points: 1/15 
Vitality:
Velocity: 3 
Strength:
Skill:
Smarts: 4 
Spirit: 0 
Proficiencies: Artillery Weapons 1, Perception 1, Insight 1, Stealth 1, Sleight of Hand 1 
Known Spells: N/A 
Equipment: Modular Sniper Rifle (Calibrated Energy Artillery Weapon), Radiation Gauntlet (Standard Energy Armour), Farsight Goggles 
Inventory: Cloaking Generator, Hacking Chip, Translator Cube, Plasma Potion 2x 
Credits: 60

Yelana should have the Ion Scope equipped. 

Stepping outside, the air is cool and crisp, but not unbearably so. The village of Knothole was alive with activity: street performers played music and performed feats of dexterity and coordination such as juggling and acrobatics. The smell of spiced meats, baked breads, and mulling drinks filled the air. The sounds of laughter, cheering, and merriment rocked through the town's streets, all of them paved with dirt and patched with snow. In the distance a large swath of trees sprouted at the hills at the town's edge, beyond that tall mountain peaks. The town was almost picturesque in it's quaintness. 

Yelana waved to Polaris and Bers as they exited the bus, taking a sip from a large insulated cup as she did. 

The other three passengers step off the bus, Avgustus lugging his trunk behind him as it clanged against each step of the bus.

"Well, this is where we depart for now. Polaris, take care. I'm certain we'll meet again. My daughter wishes to partake in the marksmanship contest earlier today after we've visited my brother."

51785629717_db1b6079c1_o.jpg
"I'd like to test my skill against some of you guys; see if I can't beat a mercenary at their own game." Jessi confidently grins and fires off a pair of pistol fingers at the group as she and her dad leave for the inn.

"Ah, heroes!" Avgustus calls out, dragging his trunk behind him. "Well, I'm currently off to the inn and then it's off to see Fix-It. Maybe I'll see you there when you go to visit him yourself, hm? Needless to say, enjoy the Harvest Week festivities, and if you wish to speak to me I'll be staying at the inn! Goodbye for now!" The professor drags his trunk through the snow in the same direction the two elves went, leaving the heroes to mill about the town's gate. A large crowd had gathered around a green building, looking through the fresh pasties, pies, cakes and breads. Coming in behind them was a man leading a large, bipedal lizard. The creatures scales were a mossy green, and it's claws sharp and white. Crowds bustled over the music from a band as vendors shouted and residents and guests walked through the street

51821894217_80517455fa_o.jpg

"Hey! I see you made some friends on the way in - Oh, and make sure to remind me to bring my own tea next time I'm here; Aluriel's so far into League territory that no one has Crimson Chai. . . But coffee mixed with cocoa actually kinda slaps, so. . . " Yelana shrugged and took another sip, turning her attention to the crowd and attempting to identify the species of the purple-skinned woman

OoC: 

Spoiler

Perception check. 

"Yeah, we're good; just here for the festivities", Yelana said cheerfully. 

OoC: 

Spoiler

De-Equip Farsight Goggles -> Equip Translator Cube -> Persuasion check. 

On 1/17/2022 at 1:48 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

21 hours ago, Kintobor said:

17 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

51742075874_a08572ee3c_q.jpg "Oh of course, forgive me miss Skyreach, my name is B 3 R 5 - Three Ark but for brevity's sake you may call me Bers. And yes I was asking for a sparring match indeed. I do not ask every individual I meet but merely those who can be identified as Bladers."

Yelana chuckles at Bers' endearing awkwardness, then looks over to the Elf with whom Bers has been speaking. 

"Fair enough." The elf responds, folding her arms. "My name is Cassandra Skyreach. I'm the mayor of Knothole. As such I'm helping keep an eye on the festival as it progresses to ensure things go smoothly." 

"Mayor Skyreach; I'm Yelana Fennix", she said, extending her hand

Cassandra eyes the heroes over, looking at their attire and gear before continuing. "All I ask is that you keep your weapons to yourselves and you don't cause any trouble. This is a quiet community, it doesn't need any more excitement."

"More excitement?" she thought; "Teclion must've had a cover ID to not stand out in such a small town. . . Dammit! Why didn't I ask Ezra about that?" Yelana sighed quietly to herself. 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

23 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

You mean besides this shooting contest that spouse to happen. From what I heard everyone seems to be talking about it. That and this "Fix-It" character I heard about. Oh, I am Polaris Ursaring and this here is MILES. I will let the others induce themselves if they wish to do so. 

///Greetings. MILES seems to be checking out the green lizard. 

Polaris attention seems to shift to the brown dress person to her left.

"The marksmanship contest has been a tradition in this community for decades. It brings hunters, sharpshooters, and other talented figures to test their mettle with a rifle. If any of you are interested, I might be able to squeeze you in for tonight's big event. It's the last big event until the Daybreak Vigil on the final day of Harvest Week: the Day of Solitude." At the mention of Fix-It, Cassandra sighs. "I see his reputation has spread. If you want to see him you better get in the line. He's got a number of people seeing him at his workshop on the edge of town. Needless to say, I hope Knothole treats you well, Polaris; Miles."

The man dressed in brown, rugged looking clothes lingers around a stall selling baked goods next to a woman in pilot's fatigues. The man's layers of clothing are accented with a simple silver necklace. He notices Polaris' gaze and looks at her before turning his attention back to his seeming partner, talking to her. It'd be impossible to listen in without getting closer.

21 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Oh of course, forgive me miss Skyreach, my name is B 3 R 5 - Three Ark but for brevity's sake you may call me Bers. And yes I was asking for a sparring match indeed. I do not ask every individual I meet but merely those who can be identified as Bladers."

"Bladers? Can't say I've ever been called such a title before." Cassandra chuckles at Bers' comment regarding her. "Knothole's streets are probably not the most appropriate places for a duel. If you would like we could head back to my home and spar there: it's far enough away from the crowd that I imagine neither of us are going to hurt anyone else. I have a training course on the premise that might be to your liking."

4 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana shrugged and took another sip, turning her attention to the crowd and attempting to identify the species of the purple-skinned woman

Yelana Culture Check (DC: 1): (1,2,5) One Success

Yelana can astutely claim that the purple-skinned woman is likely a celestial of human heritage.

"Yeah, we're good; just here for the festivities", Yelana said cheerfully.

"Mayor Skyreach; I'm Yelana Fennix", she said, extending her hand

Cassandra curtly returns the gesture, shaking Yelana's hand.

"Sure. Then in that case, I do hope you find Knothole and the Harvest Week festivities enjoyable, Yelana."

"More excitement?" she thought; "Teclion must've had a cover ID to not stand out in such a small town. . . Dammit! Why didn't I ask Ezra about that?" Yelana sighed quietly to herself.

MM Note: So, I'm not entire sure what you're looking for out of this insight check. Can you be a bit more specific on what the insight roll you wish to make is in regards to?

Also, fixing your stats. :thumbup:

OoC: 

Spoiler
27 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

MM Note: So, I'm not entire sure what you're looking for out of this insight check. Can you be a bit more specific on what the insight roll you wish to make is in regards to?

Yelana is trying to determine if Mayor Skyreach is in any way concerned by Teclion's disappearance (or any other suspicious activity), since she seems a bit on-edge (telling the party to keep their weapons to themselves, and that Knothole does not need any more excitement). 

Yelana Insight Check (DC: 2): (1,3,4,5) Two Successes

Although Yelana can't quite tell if Teclion's disappearance has anything to do with it, the mayor does look stressed. She looks tense in her shoulders and there is clearly makeup hiding dark circles underneath her eyes. Despite her greeting being amicable, Yelana also feels as if the mayor is suspicious of the party, her voice and consistent looking over of the heroes' gear and weapons suggesting such.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:04 AM, Kintobor said:

"Bladers? Can't say I've ever been called such a title before." Cassandra chuckles at Bers' comment regarding her. "Knothole's streets are probably not the most appropriate places for a duel. If you would like we could head back to my home and spar there: it's far enough away from the crowd that I imagine neither of us are going to hurt anyone else. I have a training course on the premise that might be to your liking."

As Bers is getting excited at the prospect of a sparring match he thinks to himself 'finally some action'. He responds enthusiasticly;

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg

"Fantastic, I'd love to miss mayor Skyreach."

Distracted by the prospect he adds;

"I'm sure my friends can find mister Fix-It without me."

As he turns towards Yelana and Polaris;

51620806566_d498f30bf5_q.jpg

"Friends the mayor invited me to a sparring duel, we'll meet up later alright?"

On 1/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana waved to Polaris and Bers as they exited the bus, taking a sip from a large insulated cup as she did.

Polaris just nods towards Yelana. Why didn't you just ride inside the bus like a normal person. Isn't it hard to hold on riding on the top of the thing? 

On 1/18/2022 at 6:11 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

Hey! I see you made some friends on the way in - Oh, and make sure to remind me to bring my own tea next time I'm here; Aluriel's so far into League territory that no one has Crimson Chai. . . But coffee mixed with cocoa actually kinda slaps, so. . . " Yelana shrugged and took another sip, turning her attention to the crowd and attempting to identify the species of the purple-skinned woman

I guess, I think they are staying at the inn. If you want to talk to them later. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:04 PM, Kintobor said:

"The marksmanship contest has been a tradition in this community for decades. It brings hunters, sharpshooters, and other talented figures to test their mettle with a rifle. If any of you are interested, I might be able to squeeze you in for tonight's big event. It's the last big event until the Daybreak Vigil on the final day of Harvest Week: the Day of Solitude." At the mention of Fix-It, Cassandra sighs. "I see his reputation has spread. If you want to see him you better get in the line. He's got a number of people seeing him at his workshop on the edge of town. Needless to say, I hope Knothole treats you well, Polaris; Miles."

The man dressed in brown, rugged looking clothes lingers around a stall selling baked goods next to a woman in pilot's fatigues. The man's layers of clothing are accented with a simple silver necklace. He notices Polaris' gaze and looks at her before turning his attention back to his seeming partner, talking to her. It'd be impossible to listen in without getting closer.

Well, if no one else wants to try. I guess I could give it a shot. But, Yelana seems to be a sharpshooter she might want to give it a shot. Plus, my medical training could come in handy if the unfortunately happens. 

Maybe I should go too, again my medical training might be needed. 

As Polaris eventually moves on. She gets a better look at the "pie vendor". Hoping their is a sign advertising the cost of his goods. And to try to get a listen to the "brown dressed" man and the female "pilot". 

13 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

As Bers is getting excited at the prospect of a sparring match he thinks to himself 'finally some action'. He responds enthusiasticly;

Distracted by the prospect he adds;

"I'm sure my friends can find mister Fix-It without me."

As he turns towards Yelana and Polaris;

Wait before we split up we should have a meeting place set up. 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:40 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Well, let's be off then, Blader." Mayor Cassandra leads Bers through the crowd towards her home.

MM Note: I'll be giving you an update soon regarding what happens next.

On 1/20/2022 at 4:28 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Well, if no one else wants to try. I guess I could give it a shot. But, Yelana seems to be a sharpshooter she might want to give it a shot. Plus, my medical training could come in handy if the unfortunately happens. 

Maybe I should go too, again my medical training might be needed. 

As Polaris eventually moves on. She gets a better look at the "pie vendor". Hoping their is a sign advertising the cost of his goods. And to try to get a listen to the "brown dressed" man and the female "pilot". 

"I would hope most of our contestants would be understand how to handle a firearm responsibly, but if something happens I will remember your offer. We do have some medics on site, but so long as you know what you're doing I won't step between you and someone who's injured."

The baked goods stall had signage advertising the pastries sold: Stonehearth Bakery. A dwarven man steps forward, bundled up in a orange coat. The sounds of a cooing infant strapped to his back interrupt him occasionally as they laugh and blow raspberries.

"Are you interested in any of our baked goods, their ma'am? All are made with hand-kneaded dough and baked in an authentic dwarven forge. Here, try one our cookies!" He holds out a tray of cookies for Polaris, grinning as he does so. The dwarven woman working the stall readjusts her thick, round glasses as she plainly addresses Polaris.

51821893802_e50a5fce35_o.jpg
"We sell bread, pies, cookies, tarts, cakes, pretzels, and... yeah, that's just about it. Anything pique your interest?"

-Stonehearth Bakery-
Ancient Grains Bread - 5 Credits
Salted Pretzels - 5 Credits
Fluffy Croissant - 5 Credits
Vanilla Creme Pie - 10 Credits
Black Forest Cake - 15 Credits

Polaris Perception Check (DC: 3): (4,4,4) Three Successes

While speaking to the dwarves, Polaris manages to overhear the two humans speaking to one another in a hushed tone. The male side eyes his partner as he browses the baked goods.

51821894097_bbebc95c14_o.jpg
"There's a lot of guns coming into town."

51821893722_d606974797_o.jpg
"You're way too paranoid. Calm down, dude."

"Paranoid?! I-I'm not paranoid!" The man raises his voice as he addresses his partner, looking around to see if anyone notices him. He looks at Polaris, squinting his eyes. "What are you looking at, furball, huhl?"

On 1/20/2022 at 10:28 PM, samurai-turtle said:

51726209860_4be16101f0_q.jpg

"Don't worry friend Polaris, this unit will come back and wait at the town's entrance gate, see you there."

Bers shouts off as he leaves with the mayor.

Polaris just nods towards Yelana. Why didn't you just ride inside the bus like a normal person. Isn't it hard to hold on riding on the top of the thing? 

"I mean, it's not that hard - Busses are pretty slow, and since they're a rollover risk, they can't take corners at high speeds. That said, I didn't take the bus at all, I. . . uh, I walked." 

On 1/19/2022 at 12:07 AM, Kintobor said:

Although Yelana can't quite tell if Teclion's disappearance has anything to do with it, the mayor does look stressed. She looks tense in her shoulders and there is clearly makeup hiding dark circles underneath her eyes. Despite her greeting being amicable, Yelana also feels as if the mayor is suspicious of the party, her voice and consistent looking over of the heroes' gear and weapons suggesting such.

Yelana flicked her eyes between Bers and the mayor, trying to figure out whether she was flirting with him or assessing his combat abilities. 

OoC: 

Spoiler

Insight check. 

Cassandra curtly returns the gesture, shaking Yelana's hand.

"Sure. Then in that case, I do hope you find Knothole and the Harvest Week festivities enjoyable, Yelana."

"Thank you." 

On 1/20/2022 at 2:40 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

As the Adamite started to leave, Yelana called after him, the sunlight hitting her armour at just the right angle to produce a bright glare"Friend Bers!" she said, putting an arm around him and turning away from the mayor's gaze. She lowered her voice to a barely-audible whisper; "The mayor's suspicious of us; see if you can try and figure out why. And be careful!" She dropped her arm and walked away, turning back for a moment to wave at Bers; "You two 'Bladers' have fun! Oh, and drinks later, right?" 

OoC: 

Spoiler

De-Equip Translator Cube -> Equip Cloaking Generator -> Stealth check. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

"Don't worry friend Polaris, this unit will come back and wait at the town's entrance gate, see you there."

Uh. . . That works." 
Yelana shrugged and took a sip from her cup. 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

7 hours ago, Kintobor said:

The baked goods stall had signage advertising the pastries sold: Stonehearth Bakery. A dwarven man steps forward, bundled up in a orange coat. The sounds of a cooing infant strapped to his back interrupt him occasionally as they laugh and blow raspberries.

"Paranoid?! I-I'm not paranoid!" The man raises his voice as he addresses his partner, looking around to see if anyone notices him. He looks at Polaris, squinting his eyes. "What are you looking at, furball, huhl?"

Yelana followed Polaris to the bakery; as she looked over the options, she noticed a man becoming increasingly agitated. Making a mental note to come back for a croissant, Yelana walked quietly over and stood directly behind the now-shouting man
"Is there a problem?" she asked, innocently

OoC: 

Spoiler

Stealth check to walk over -> De-Equip Cloaking Generator -> Equip Translator Cube -> Persuasion (?) check. 

10 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"I would hope most of our contestants would be understand how to handle a firearm responsibly, but if something happens I will remember your offer. We do have some medics on site, but so long as you know what you're doing I won't step between you and someone who's injured."

"Are you interested in any of our baked goods, their ma'am? All are made with hand-kneaded dough and baked in an authentic dwarven forge. Here, try one our cookies!" He holds out a tray of cookies for Polaris, grinning as he does so. The dwarven woman working the stall readjusts her thick, round glasses as she plainly addresses Polaris.

"We sell bread, pies, cookies, tarts, cakes, pretzels, and... yeah, that's just about it. Anything pique your interest?"

-Stonehearth Bakery-
Ancient Grains Bread - 5 Credits
Salted Pretzels - 5 Credits
Fluffy Croissant - 5 Credits
Vanilla Creme Pie - 10 Credits
Black Forest Cake - 15 Credits

While speaking to the dwarves, Polaris manages to overhear the two humans speaking to one another in a hushed tone. The male side eyes his partner as he browses the baked goods.

Well hopefully my skills are to everyone's satisfaction. 

A forge like one that make weapons with? Well if you are giving out free samples, I guess I could try one. 

Before Polaris could answer the glasses wearing dwarf. What? Are you talking to me, I was just trying to look over the baking goods... 

4 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Uh. . . That works." 
Yelana shrugged and took a sip from her cup.

Well I guess that is the plan. 

"I mean, it's not that hard - Busses are pretty slow, and since they're a rollover risk, they can't take corners at high speeds. That said, I didn't take the bus at all, I. . . uh, I walked." 

I am pretty sure I seen you on top of the bus. And the fact you bought a ticket for the bus ride, then you just walk here it seem odd. 

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana flicked her eyes between Bers and the mayor, trying to figure out whether she was flirting with him or assessing his combat abilities. 

Yelana Insight Check (DC:2): (1,2,4,6) Two Successes

Yelana comes to the conclusion that likely what the mayor is interested in is Bers combat prowess, and less so a desire to flirt with the adamite.

10 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

Yelana followed Polaris to the bakery; as she looked over the options, she noticed a man becoming increasingly agitated. Making a mental note to come back for a croissant, Yelana walked quietly over and stood directly behind the now-shouting man
"Is there a problem?" she asked, innocently.

Yelana Stealth Check (DC: 2): (1,4,6,6 +1 Success) Four Successes

Yelana Persuasion Check (DC: 5): (1,4,5 +1 Success) Three Successes

Yelana successfully sneaks up behind the two humans in the crowd, but does little to deescalate the situation. Upon speaking, the man jumps in surprise.

"GAH! What the- who the hell just sneaks up behind people?!"
"Are you trying to agitate my brother, girl?" The woman asks Yelana bitingly.

6 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well hopefully my skills are to everyone's satisfaction. 

A forge like one that make weapons with? Well if you are giving out free samples, I guess I could try one. 

Before Polaris could answer the glasses wearing dwarf. What? Are you talking to me, I was just trying to look over the baking goods...

"Don't give me that lip! I saw you eavesdropping on my sister and I! Didn't your mum ever tell you it's rude to stare?" As the man begins working himself up into a furor, the woman puts a hand on the man's shoulder.

"C'mon, let's move along, Toby. There's no reason to start a scene." Toby turns from his sister back to the two heroes and exhales sharply, snorting as he does so.

"I'm keeping my eyes on you two. You're both a bunch of sneak thieves if you ask me." Toby responds, pointing to himself with two fingers and then throwing them back at Yelana and Polaris. The two humans walk away from the stall and into the crowd.

"I have no idea what was up with those two, but how about a cookie to get your mind off of that bit of nastiness, eh?" The chocolate chip cookies are soft and warm, the chocolate chips inside gooey and rich, while not being too sweet to become overpowering. The cookie was close to divine.

"My husband does all the cookies and pastries while I knead and bake all the breads and pretzels we sell. Traditionally dwarves would use a family forge for many purposes: the word hearth and forge are same in the dwarven language. You bake with the forge, you heat iron and metal in the forge: it is a place of creation and community. Families come together and pass down their skills and traditions around the forge."

On 1/22/2022 at 1:40 PM, Kintobor said:

"Don't give me that lip! I saw you eavesdropping on my sister and I! Didn't your mum ever tell you it's rude to stare?" As the man begins working himself up into a furor, the woman puts a hand on the man's shoulder. 

I was not "staring". I was looking, I also seen a purple skin lady and a big green lizard. Are you going to say I was "staring" at them too? Besides it not like you two was whispering anyone could of heard what you were saying. 

"C'mon, let's move along, Toby. There's no reason to start a scene." Toby turns from his sister back to the two heroes and exhales sharply, snorting as he does so.

That sounds like a good idea. The mayor doesn't want people causing trouble. That is what she told my group as we got off the bus. 

"I have no idea what was up with those two, but how about a cookie to get your mind off of that bit of nastiness, eh?" The chocolate chip cookies are soft and warm, the chocolate chips inside gooey and rich, while not being too sweet to become overpowering. The cookie was close to divine.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. After Polaris ate the cookie. It was really good made cookie. 

"My husband does all the cookies and pastries while I knead and bake all the breads and pretzels we sell. Traditionally dwarves would use a family forge for many purposes: the word hearth and forge are same in the dwarven language. You bake with the forge, you heat iron and metal in the forge: it is a place of creation and community. Families come together and pass down their skills and traditions around the forge."

Oh I see. I guess I should learn some more about dwarves. 

On 1/23/2022 at 3:57 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Oh I see. I guess I should learn some more about dwarves.

"Oh, I didn't mean to sound offended, dearie." The dwarven woman replies. "I can't say I know much about chimera culture, or the cultures of many other species, but I think it's important to have an open mind when dealing with strangers. It tends to bring in more profits." The dwarven woman giggles to herself. "Are you here for the festivities? Or are you here to see Mr. Fix-It? We get so many visitors nowadays ever since he moved in."

-Meanwhile...-

Cassandra leads Bers towards the far end of Knothole, through the crowds and merriment-making to a rustic looking manor house on a hill. The house was painted a muddy red, with gardens surround the grounds. Frost-bitten flora sprinkle the white, snowy ground with pinks, whites, oranges and purples. Like most of the town, the manor house is adorn with Harvest Week decorations: garland, branches of holly and sprig, and other bushels of fragrant spice plants accentuate the home's pillars and balconies. A large sun room extends from the house, full of tropical plants and bushes. As the two approach the front door, it opens to reveal a small, purple winged lizard.

51840408072_a5e72ffd2b_o.jpg

51840410992_bbc36d03e3_o.png
"Cassandra! You're home!" The dragon wyrmling pipes up, it's wings flapping excitedly. The dragon recoils at the sight of Bers. "Wh-who's your... um..."

"It's alright, Clover. This is Bers. He wishes to duel to me." The dragon's nervousness increases, as he steps back to hide behind the door.

"... you're going to fight him?"

"Well, no. We're going to spar." Cassandra swiftly draws her rapier, levelling it towards Bers. "Alright, we need to lay down some rules. We are not fighting to the death. First to fall over loses. No preparation prior. Just your skill with your sword and your wits. No ranged weapons. Do these terms sound fair to you? Perhaps you'd like to make a wager?" Cassandra smirks, enjoying the excitement as Clover peers out from behind the door, equally curious as he is terrified.

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Cassandra! You're home!" The dragon wyrmling pipes up, it's wings flapping excitedly. The dragon recoils at the sight of Bers. "Wh-who's your... um..."

"It's alright, Clover. This is Bers. He wishes to duel to me." The dragon's nervousness increases, as he steps back to hide behind the door.

"... you're going to fight him?"

"Well, no. We're going to spar." Cassandra swiftly draws her rapier, levelling it towards Bers. "Alright, we need to lay down some rules. We are not fighting to the death. First to fall over loses. No preparation prior. Just your skill with your sword and your wits. No ranged weapons. Do these terms sound fair to you? Perhaps you'd like to make a wager?" Cassandra smirks, enjoying the excitement as Clover peers out from behind the door, equally curious as he is terrified.

51714320375_9ed378c218_q.jpg "Clover is it? Greetings little meatcreature, I am B3R5 - Three Ark but you may call me Bers, do not worry this unit and miss Skyreach are just going to have a sparring match, nothing dangerous your master will be safe."

With a heavy thud Bers's Chain-Greatsword dismounts from his back, as he effortlessly swishes it infront of himself with a single arm and admires the many oiled and sharpend blades, he smirks and thinks to himself 'these new servos and the ultra-light heavy plating are amazing, I was glad to get properly serviced after that last mission'.

51742652489_93e08fd419_q.jpg "Very well miss Skyreach, first to fall over you say, this is agreed. No ranged weapons, no problem."

Bers disengages and tosses the sawed-off that's magneto-locked to his lower back aside.

"These terms are more then fair, this unit is ready, a wager sounds interesting."

Bers glances over his account and notices he doesn't have a lot of credits stored.

"However I am somewhat short, how about 15 credits to the winner? And the loser treats on beers.. or wine, or hard liquor. Whichever you prefer miss Skyreach..."

Somewhat confident that he will win, but not confident enough to bet his entire savings, Bers is already looking forward to alcoholic refreshments.